My take on it...! Still fairly similar to the build I had in mind when I first started this topic. I'm not getting into the Melissa composure debate because I am personally against characters ripped off from the movies. This topic was created before Fox and Shelly were released, and as much as I loved Melissa in the movies, I much prefer representative tropes over characters we already know, and whose fates have been seen in the movies. 

TMDfThN.png

What about the name Faye? I find myself in love with it, it sounds very musical. 

• Like 2

What the mean girl will probably be like in the woods with high heels and low composure when everyone else is dead...

3 hours ago, PrincessTiffany said:

The speed 1 is really going to get her murdered by Jason. The 10 Stamina will not even help her.

Well we don't have a 1 speed counsellor yet. Closest being LaChappa who has speed of 2? In any case I think the bottom line stat of speed should still be faster than Jason so I think 10/10 stamina would be a good combination. Of course I could be wrong in which you could raise the stat up a bit. I'd rather play a slower character that has amazing stamina than a very fast character that drains instantly, trips, doesn't regain in time and is grabbed by Jason. I think the devs would make sure every character can outrun Jason or else it would be pretty pointless to play them.

3 hours ago, PrincessTiffany said:

Tiffany's overall stats are better than the one you've created. A lot of people are not going to pick her up as her speed is slow like a snail.

Who are you referring to? I guess its me! Well to be honest I went with themes and like everyday life just fudged the numbers, so my stats might be bad, but I never said I was good at that sort of thing in the first place. Yes slow speed could put people off, but you still see slower characters being used - perhaps more so if a new patch drops which nerfs the look-at-my-speed and-strength-bop-stun-Jason characters.

To be very honest I'm not really concerned what the stats are. I would play the Mean Girl just for the trope she represents irrespective of whether meta warriors say she's the worst stat counsellor in the game. Currently I play Jenny because she just seems normal, underrated and underplayed.

However saying that I would like a high luck and stamina character which we don't really have. I would say high stamina would be balanced with average or under speed because having both high speed and stamina would be too powerful.

14 hours ago, Barbara Ann said:

My take on it...! Still fairly similar to the build I had in mind when I first started this topic. I'm not getting into the Melissa composure debate because I am personally against characters ripped off from the movies. This topic was created before Fox and Shelly were released, and as much as I loved Melissa in the movies, I much prefer representative tropes over characters we already know, and whose fates have been seen in the movies. 

TMDfThN.png

What about the name Faye? I find myself in love with it, it sounds very musical. 

Likewise I agree, if the Mean Girl is clearly a generic trope then yes, if it was a total Melissa clone then maybe the stats would reflect the film. I somewhat think the former might be more likely and we get a more flexible represented Mean Girl with some artistic license like Tiffany. Personally I think the Mean Girl trope shouldn't be associated with strength - too manual and muscly, repair - too dirty and beneath her, and somewhere middle to low composure because they are known to be pampered and would freak out in this situation or lash out at another counsellor when stressed, hence the bitch part. 

@a kamikaze man I think your build wouldn't make her a viable and fun character. Haven't you noticed with characters like Jenny or Lachappa, you have to sprint every now and then a little because running Jasons actually can catch up to you by jogging? Specially with all the tripping, unlike Jenny, your girl will trip a lot with 2 composure.
I think the stamina is an illusion in this case, she will last a long time moving at the speed of a snail... But will have to sprint a lot in many situations, and sprinting consumes stamina much faster, and also neglects the 7 points that you've decided to put in stealth. 

Also, no one is going to comment on the name Faye Summers? Come on, people! It sounds so musical and easy to pronounce, is like the worlds have a tune of it's own, lol. 

I would prefer she has at least middle ground stamina and speed. I don't want another slow character honestly.

3 hours ago, Barbara Ann said:

@a kamikaze man I think your build wouldn't make her a viable and fun character. Haven't you noticed with characters like Jenny or Lachappa, you have to sprint every now and then a little because running Jasons actually can catch up to you by jogging? Specially with all the tripping, unlike Jenny, your girl will trip a lot with 2 composure.
I think the stamina is an illusion in this case, she will last a long time moving at the speed of a snail... But will have to sprint a lot in many situations, and sprinting consumes stamina much faster, and also neglects the 7 points that you've decided to put in stealth. 

Also, no one is going to comment on the name Faye Summers? Come on, people! It sounds so musical and easy to pronounce, is like the worlds have a tune of it's own, lol. 

Okay okay, how about these superbly improved stats! The previous never happened...

0vmnKfJ.png

High luck. high stamina, good speed and good stealth! Does this tick all the boxes?

- She isn't a repair character so that stat is pointless, anyone can repair if they need to.

- Composure remains the same for character theme.

- The Mean Girl isn't a body builder, strength not important and more balance for Jason against assault counsellors.

Bish, Bosh, Bash sorted!

I'll argue to death, Melissa is 8/10 composure. Everyone freaks out in a kill animation and that's exactly what little Mel's axe to the face was. I actually think she'd have miderate speed and stamina with pretty high stealth and low ass repair. Just my thoughts, though.

5 hours ago, Barbara Ann said:

Got to be honest - I'm not crazy about the name. It's not very 80s.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Tiffany said:

Got to be honest - I'm not crazy about the name. It's not very 80s.

I fail to see how that is relevant, most names have been around since forever.

"Faye Dunaway was one of the hottest actresses in the 1970s playing neurotic, highly driven women with sex appeal. Initially, Fay was the most popular spelling, up until the 1970s when Faye became more popular, perhaps bolstered by the actress." 

But you're absolutely entitled not to like it, of course!

7 minutes ago, Barbara Ann said:

"Faye Dunaway was one of the hottest actresses in the 1970s playing neurotic, highly driven women with sex appeal. Initially, Fay was the most popular spelling, up until the 1970s when Faye became more popular, perhaps bolstered by the actress." 

I think Gun tried very hard to imbue this game with a definite 80s vibe. As such, it's better to try to use conventions which strongly suggest and re-enforce that idea. But hey, we're all just throwing out suggestions here, spitballing, trying to do what's best for the game. She should be called Amber anyways... :P

When I think of a mean girl name, I always think Heather, Tiffany, Tracy, Kimberly, Tammy, Jennifer, or Brittany. Other than Tiffany for obvious reasons, I think her name should be any of those names.

Or her name could be Chris in reference to this iconic evil bitch in cinema:

EA02475B-E168-4A0B-84AE-B14C7CFBBDA4.jpeg

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Elias Voorhees said:

I think Gun tried very hard to imbue this game with a definite 80s vibe. As such, it's better to try to use conventions which strongly suggest and re-enforce that idea. But hey, we're all just throwing out suggestions here, spitballing, trying to do what's best for the game. She should be called Amber anyways... :P

I still fail to see it, I don't know, maybe it's because I wasn't around in the 80's to see it. It's only names and they've been around forever, it's not as if you meet a Deborah, an Adam or an Eric and say 'Oh, your name is so 80's". At any case I don't expect to be particularly listened, at this point it's all for the fun of doing it, hah! Gun is going to do whatever he wants in the end. There's an upcoming horror survival of teenagers vs murderer, and it has a Mean Girl called Amber.
Fun fact: She has heels.

KjlIpv4.png

e403a6d13d628f36ea2184545f7185a1_large.j

7 minutes ago, Barbara Ann said:

I still fail to see it, I don't know, maybe I wasn't around for the 80's to see it. At any case I don't expect to be particularly listened, at this point is all for the fun of doing it, hah! Gun is going to do whatever he wants in the end. There's an upcoming horror survival, fairly similarly, and it has a Mean Girl called Amber.
Fun fact: She has heels.

KjlIpv4.png

e403a6d13d628f36ea2184545f7185a1_large.j

Lol, damn! Completely forgot about "Last Year" (I think it's called :o). Well, least I was right about Amber being a great 80s mean girl name. :)

And hey, if you have a great idea? Developers will use it. They'll just erase you from the forum and then say it was all their idea in the first place. :P

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Barbara Ann said:

Of course most names have been around forever lol. But names come and go in popularity throughout time. Some names are very common, and often considered stereotypical, to [insert whatever decade].

Here's the popularity chart of the name Faye taken from the Baby Name Wizard (babynamewizard.com). As you can see, the popularity of the name dropped drastically after peaking in the 30's.

faye.f.png

Everything about this game, including the character archetypes, is designed to feed a certain 80's nostalgia, which is why the name just doesn't work IMHO, because it doesn't fit the M.O. that the game has been following.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Faye is not my favorite. Ashley, Melanie, Tracy, Cindy, Mandy or another name ended with the letter y (Tiffany and Jenny). Oh, and Chris sounds great (because of Carrie), but it could be Megan because of Drake & Josh.

But Summers as a last name sounds great.

Also, I want the mean girl to be 10/10 at stamina and 1/10 at speed because of diversity, I know it looks horrible not that great, but we don't have any counselor based on that stats (The same reason i want her to have 3/10 at repair and 7/10 at stealth and luck)

2 minutes ago, Santi_Lee said:

Faye is not my favorite. Ashley, Melanie, Tracy, Cindy, Mandy or another name ended with the letter y (Tiffany and Jenny). Oh, and Chris sounds great (because of Carrie), but it could be Megan because of Drake & Josh.

But Summers as a last name sounds great.

Also, I want the mean girl to be 10/10 at stamina and 1/10 at speed because of diversity, I know it looks horrible not that great, but we don't have any counselor based on that stats (The same reason i want her to have 3/10 at repair and 7/10 at stealth and luck)

Low repair but high luck would be interesting because doesn't luck effect the difficulty of the QTE? So even if her hit boxes are smaller, and her dial moves slow, her high luck could mean there's fewer of boxes to hit and make it easier. Interesting.

The thought of only 1/10 speed makes my hair stand up though. I value speed the most out of the other stats but I would want to play the mean girl almost exclusively!

Do people reckon this weeks announcement will include the next counsellor (and finally get a glimpse of the mean girl hopefully)?

6 minutes ago, f13jb95 said:

Do people reckon this weeks announcement will include the next counsellor (and finally get a glimpse of the mean girl hopefully)?

Is it confirmed that there will be an announcement this week? :huh:

Just now, Tiffany said:

Are you saying you're doubtful that's what they meant by "Soon?"

:D

• Haha 1

Week announcement this week? Where? When? Need information about this.

Also, in the virtual cabin there is a tree with the letters: "B + C" inside a heart.

Beverly plus Chad? Britanny plus Chad? Brandy plus Chad? Brandon "Buggzy" plus Chad?

Oh my god!

13 minutes ago, Tiffany said:

Well it was revealed they would be talking about upcoming balancing updates this week, so I'd expect there to be some sort of content drop alongside the balancing as per usual to keep things fresh. My ideal would be to see a new counsellor, a new map (Grendel but more likely pinehurst first) and some sort of new clothing pack/kills pack. Would be amazing to get paranoia too if we don't get Grendel. Although a new decent map, new kills and a mean girl would keep me patient for another month.

12 minutes ago, Santi_Lee said:

Week announcement this week? Where? When? Need information about this.

Also, in the virtual cabin there is a tree with the letters: "B + C" inside a heart.

Beverly plus Chad? Britanny plus Chad? Brandy plus Chad? Brandon "Buggzy" plus Chad?

Oh my god!

Omg I never even thought of this!!! It's not a reference of two other characters from the movies is it though? If not perhaps you are right and we're getting a female love interest for chad beginning with B... :D

24 minutes ago, f13jb95 said:

Well it was revealed they would be talking about upcoming balancing updates this week, so I'd expect there to be some sort of content drop alongside the balancing as per usual to keep things fresh. My ideal would be to see a new counsellor, a new map (Grendel but more likely pinehurst first) and some sort of new clothing pack/kills pack. Would be amazing to get paranoia too if we don't get Grendel. Although a new decent map, new kills and a mean girl would keep me patient for another month.

From where you get that information? O.o

• Confused 1