Hey, so i just watched a YouTube channel and realised theres actually sounds when you drop any item. I and many others i play with never had these sounds. Today a friend of mine just randomly was able to hear them. Is this a bug or am i missing something? For example : Crackers, Flare Gun etc all have a drop sound that I and many others can't hear.

I have wondered this when picking up weapons as well.  In game there is no sound, however, there is when watching a stream of the game being played.  Doesn't matter if PC or PS4 or Xbox.  Sound is present in stream but not when I'm playing on PS4.  Weird. 

23 minutes ago, Chrisi98 said:

I found out that you only get those sound affects when you're hosting the game.

Discovered this as well just never posted. @Risinggrave I knew I wasn't crazy.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Chrisi98 said:

I found out that you only get those sound affects when you're hosting the game.

I see...I hosted for the first time a couple of days ago on PS4 and noticed that whenever I was dropping/switching weapons it was making sounds for the items I dropped. It was weird because I never actually heard that before. I guess I know why now...hopefully that gets fixed so everyone, host or not hears those sounds because it adds a little something extra to the game. 

I also hope they fix the driver of the vehicles not hearing the breaking sound when using the breaks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Discovered this as well just never posted. @Risinggrave I knew I wasn't crazy.

I don't think this is proof you're not crazy, either. Just let the man put you in the funny sleeved jacket and take you to your padded play area.

• Like 1

Interesting in regards to hearing the sound only when hosting. I had noticed occasional sound when I dropped items but I simply attributed it to just lag or server or glitch.

5 hours ago, j03audette said:

I also hope they fix the driver of the vehicles not hearing the breaking sound when using the breaks. 

There are breaks??

8 hours ago, Fooobar said:

There are breaks??

Yes! It's the square button on PS4. I'm not really sure of the actual button for the other console since I've never played it. It does say it in the options > controls section under the vehicles category. 

18 minutes ago, j03audette said:

Yes! It's the square button on PS4. I'm not really sure of the actual button for the other console since I've never played it. It does say it in the options > controls section under the vehicles category. 

Brakes stop a car, breaks allow you to rest between games.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Redcat345 said:

Brakes stop a car, breaks allow you to rest between games.

Thank you. That was very enlighting. I'm sure lots of people missunderstood.

3 minutes ago, Fooobar said:

Thank you. That was very enlighting. I'm sure lots of people missunderstood.

Sarcasm ignored

This is why different words have different meanings...

I noticed this as well but never noticed it was only if I'm hosting...