It does block his weapon swings, just not a grab. That's what dodge is for.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DEATH said:

It does block his weapon swings, just not a grab. That's what dodge is for.

Jason's grab range is longer than any melee weapon range. In the time it takes a counselor to dodge backwards then take a swing, Jason will have already grabbed twice and grabbed that counselor. They need patch block to block Jason's grabs and reduce grab range by 30% or more.

3 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Jason's grab range is longer than any melee weapon range. In the time it takes a counselor to dodge backwards then take a swing, Jason will have already grabbed twice and grabbed that counselor. They need patch block to block Jason's grabs and reduce grab range by 30% or more.

I didn't say there wasn't issues with the system, but that's the intent.

I don't agree that you should be able to block a grab as that is indeed what the dodge is for. I do agree that the grab range should be shortened though.

6 minutes ago, DEATH said:

I didn't say there wasn't issues with the system, but that's the intent.

I don't agree that you should be able to block a grab as that is indeed what the dodge is for. I do agree that the grab range should be shortened though.

Ok my bad. But being able to grab people no matter what is far too forgiving. I've been in quite a few matches where Jason does not attack at all, just grab, and kills most or all counselors. It defeats the point of blocking if you can grab through it. Fighting games know this. In addition to blocking grabs and reducing grab range, Jason shouldn't be 100% invulnerable while blocking.Maybe have a "grab break" mechanic where counselors need to double tap the block button at the right moment to shake off a grab. I could see that improving the game's depth. That way it would be a little bit skill based to avoid a grab.

• Like 4

The best tactics involve not being close to Jason at all :) I have played matches where I have completed multiple objectives and not even sighted Jason (visually). Being smart and planning your moves.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Ok my bad. But being able to grab people no matter what is far too forgiving. I've been in quite a few matches where Jason does not attack at all, just grab, and kills most or all counselors. It defeats the point of blocking if you can grab through it. Fighting games know this. In addition to blocking grabs and reducing grab range, Jason shouldn't be 100% invulnerable while blocking.Maybe have a "grab break" mechanic where counselors need to double tap the block button at the right moment to shake off a grab. I could see that improving the game's depth. That way it would be a little bit skill based to avoid a grab.

That might be a good fix.

I am not sure I want to be playing a fighting game here, nor was it billed as such.

I do agree that there are times when the grab distance is just waaay too far, and that needs to be fixed.

An extra dodge mechanic that may be tied to stamina is a fine idea though.

On 8/23/2017 at 10:38 PM, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Yeah, I come from fighting games and I've longed for a grab break mechanic like in fighting games. Just make the timing precise/tight and that would help balance the ridiculous range.

• Like 2

You're odds of surviving a 1 on 1 encounter with Jason should be almost zero. It's bad enough it takes Jason 4 machete whacks to make a teenage girl limp and she can put him ON THE GROUND for 30 seconds with a god damn monkey wrench. 

This isn't supposed to be a game that we're typically used to playing. "You pick a guy I pick a guy and we have a fairly even shot and skill is all that matters." This game is not that.

On 8/24/2017 at 7:15 AM, Fooobar said:

The best tactics involve not being close to Jason at all :) I have played matches where I have completed multiple objectives and not even sighted Jason (visually). Being smart and planning your moves.

Get the hell out of there. Don't try to fight. 

The grab is long but who cares, it's Jason. He's already at a pretty big disadvantage with a solid lobby and people want even more nerfs. You're not supposed to be on a level playing field when fighting him!! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rickyount02 said:

You're odds of surviving a 1 on 1 encounter with Jason should be almost zero. It's bad enough it takes Jason 4 machete whacks to make a teenage girl limp and she can put him ON THE GROUND for 30 seconds with a god damn monkey wrench. 

This isn't supposed to be a game that we're typically used to playing. "You pick a guy I pick a guy and we have a fairly even shot and skill is all that matters." This game is not that.

Get the hell out of there. Don't try to fight. 

The grab is long but who cares, it's Jason. He's already at a pretty big disadvantage with a solid lobby and people want even more nerfs. You're not supposed to be on a level playing field when fighting him!! 

I agree completely. Jason is OP, but ironically under-powered against skilled counselors, and yet people complain. I've got no problem with Jason having a decent reach on his grab, I just don't like it when the reach somehow magically extends beyond the reach of his finger tips (usually this is not consistent, but annoying when it happens).

On 8/23/2017 at 10:38 PM, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

That's true, but most fighting games are on a 2d field making the ability to block grabs and throws necessary. If you play a fighting game that allows side stepping then you generally can't. Tekken for example. Even if your opponent blocks you can still do your grab attacks on them because sidestepping is a thing.

Also it seems to me that occasionally a hit from a counselor while I'm blocking will force me out of combat stance. 

Your idea isn't too bad, but it does seem like it would make escape too easy and I feel it's already easy enough to survive that the counselors don't really need the help. Jason's grab range should be fixed, but survival is too easy at the moment for experienced players.

On 8/23/2017 at 9:14 PM, Rozzi747jet said:

Y do I have blocking n combatmode if it does'nt block Jason grabs nor  his swing of weapons?

After reading this here is what I pictured in my mind.

0f084f6500cb2e3851e5841942511965--no-mem

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DEATH said:

That's true, but most fighting games are on a 2d field making the ability to block grabs and throws necessary. If you play a fighting game that allows side stepping then you generally can't. Tekken for example. Even if your opponent blocks you can still do your grab attacks on them because sidestepping is a thing.

Also it seems to me that occasionally a hit from a counselor while I'm blocking will force me out of combat stance. 

Your idea isn't too bad, but it does seem like it would make escape too easy and I feel it's already easy enough to survive that the counselors don't really need the help. Jason's grab range should be fixed, but survival is too easy at the moment for experienced players.

The slight difference in this game is that Jason's grab isn't programmed like a "grab," it's programmed like an energy wave or radius, and anything in that radius is teleported to his hand. It's also a bit of a triangular or cone shape, it's narrower near Jason and wider further away from Jason. You could be one side-dodge distance to the left of Jason, and if you are near him his grab will miss, but if you are a few steps further from him he will grab you. The way they programmed this grab is completely bonkers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

I think grab shold have a cool down instead of a range nerf.

No. Just f'ing no. Jason needs no nerfs, on anything. Ever. Period.

• Like 1