GunMedia_Ben

Dedicated Servers Update and Why Host Migration Won't Happen

Had to seek this thread out and bring it back to life if only to say its amazing that a lawsuit fucked this game into the dirt finally. Sure, it may not be the lawsuit that we thought it would be, but the end result is the same. The entire player base is going to flee to other games. You guys see Hide or Die yet? Looks pretty legit!

7 minutes ago, RustledJimmy said:

I'm just happy being right

Right about what exactly?

Just now, Truth said:

Right about what exactly?

That these devs have no intention of releasing the dedicated servers. They knew this was coming months ago. They just keep the lie going.

Now it doesn't matter. They have an out, and they're going to use it.

Just now, RustledJimmy said:

That these devs have no intention of releasing the dedicated servers. They knew this was coming months ago. They just keep the lie going.

Now it doesn't matter. They have an out, and they're going to use it.

I still wouldn't say you're right about it. Their statement specifies that they still intend to make it happen. Whether you believe it or not is up to you, but they still have plans for them. So you're still not right...

The day they tell us it's not going to happen, I'll be right back here to let you say "I told you so", and I will accept that you were indeed correct. Until we get that statement, you're wrong.

1 minute ago, Truth said:

I still wouldn't say you're right about it. Their statement specifies that they still intend to make it happen. Whether you believe it or not is up to you, but they still have plans for them. So you're still not right...

The day they tell us it's not going to happen, I'll be right back here to let you say "I told you so", and I will accept that you were indeed correct. Until we get that statement, you're wrong.

I'll see you in about a month then :)

Just now, RustledJimmy said:

I'll see you in about a month then :)

I really hope you're wrong lol

Would you follow through with your lawsuit if you're right?

17 minutes ago, Truth said:

I really hope you're wrong lol

Would you follow through with your lawsuit if you're right?

I can neither deny nor confirm that.

I think they will continue to put out bug fixes and I think dedicated servers will happen. As for Jason X, Grendel, etc, I doubt we'll ever get it unfortunately

Just now, deathbat96777 said:

I think they will continue to put out bug fixes and I think dedicated servers will happen. As for Jason X, Grendel, etc, I doubt we'll ever get it unfortunately

Hope so, even if the second part makes me sad.

If their next project is even half as successful as this one, Im sure they'll add more DLC even x number of years from now. That or well get a proper sequel.

I hate to be pessimistic, but I highly doubt they will ever do a game like this. I can see them doing more original projects, but I highly doubt they will ever make another licensed horror game.

24 minutes ago, deathbat96777 said:

I hate to be pessimistic, but I highly doubt they will ever do a game like this. I can see them doing more original projects, but I highly doubt they will ever make another licensed horror game.

If anything, I think they'll either either continue resuming content for this one or just plan a sequel, depending how long the lawsuit is. I feel they've invested too much into this title to let it be abandoned this soon, it's too important to them. 

I highly doubt this will get a sequel. If it does, I hope they try to obtain the rights to the newer Jasons this time. That is, if this lawsuit actually goes in Sean's favor and not Victor's. 

so they have been talking about this for like ten months now lol