GunMedia_Ben

Dedicated Servers Update and Why Host Migration Won't Happen

1 minute ago, Brigadius said:

So yeah, I have some reservations as to if dedicated servers will actually ever come.

Even in that case, that is quite vastly different than them outright lying to us from the get-go, knowing full well they would never actually get dedicated servers. 

Is it a sue-able offense to tell your fanbase you're working on something, then try as absolutely hard as you can to get it done -- hitting many different, unforeseen obstacles along the way -- and then ultimately resign to the fact that it just isn't going to happen, and then painfully tell your fanbase so?

That isn't lying. That is a valiant effort which was unsuccessful. 

Now, produce some evidence that they NEVER really intended to get dedicated servers and told us all otherwise, I will be on the legal-action train, too. But until that happens, I'm going to let them try their best and send them good vibes along the way.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

Honestly, it has crossed my mind. When I think of total development time and the fact that they launched PC with dedicated servers it makes me wonder what is possibly taking so long to get console servers up and running. Especially since it's been said that the project was outsourced so it's setup is not being worked on by an already overwhelmed team. So yeah, I have some reservations as to if dedicated servers will actually ever come.

Remember that giant PS4 hack? That's what the console manufacturers want to avoid in the future with stringent measures that go into dedicated server involvement. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

Remember that giant PS4 hack? That's what the console manufacturers want to avoid in the future with stringent measures that go into dedicated server involvement. 

Not really, but there have been numerous attacks on consoles over the years. The last big attack i remember was by lizard squad I think, knocked out service for a few days. 

Not saying they are not coming just that I have doubts, but of course I'm rooting for them. They are a much needed addition to the game and despite what some may think I want this game to succeed. Been waiting years for a good asymmetric multi-player game, ever since I played the hidden, and coupled with the F13 franchise I want this game to be an unparalleled success. 

Just now, Brigadius said:

Not really, but there have been numerous attacks on consoles over the years. The last big attack i remember was by lizard squad I think, knocked out service for a few days. 

Not saying they are not coming just that I have doubts, but of course I'm rooting for them. They are a much needed addition to the game and despite what some may think I want this game to succeed. Been waiting years for a good asymmetric multi-player game, ever since I played the hidden, and coupled with the F13 franchise I want this game to be an unparalleled success. 

Well it was a big security hack and a ton of customers info was pulled that affected pretty much every user that was on PSN. Understandably they are almost paranoid to allow anything that may present a risk. Therefore the response is verifying that every single little insignificant thing is up to par and that servers accessing their platforms are very tightly locked down. 

The lizard squad issue you are talking about is a DDOS attack. Not much you can do about those. they have measures in place to avoid DDOS attacks and help mitigate the traffic flows if someone attempts to shut down the service. Essentially it's multiple computers sending empty packets of data to clog up the network essentially shutting it down. 

1 hour ago, Brigadius said:

Been waiting years for a good asymmetric multi-player game, ever since I played the hidden, and coupled with the F13 franchise I want this game to be an unparalleled success. 

As do I.

Dedicated servers have been a hot topic forever now. Console players are choking themselves at the end of the leash rooting for the implementation. It is taking longer than anticipated for sure, but I don't feel that they are a no-go. Gertz had said they were out-sourcing to get them going and to give them a couple of months. All we can do is ride it out for now.

2 hours ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Even in that case, that is quite vastly different than them outright lying to us from the get-go, knowing full well they would never actually get dedicated servers. 

Is it a sue-able offense to tell your fanbase you're working on something, then try as absolutely hard as you can to get it done -- hitting many different, unforeseen obstacles along the way -- and then ultimately resign to the fact that it just isn't going to happen, and then painfully tell your fanbase so?

That isn't lying. That is a valiant effort which was unsuccessful. 

Now, produce some evidence that they NEVER really intended to get dedicated servers and told us all otherwise, I will be on the legal-action train, too. But until that happens, I'm going to let them try their best and send them good vibes along the way.

Actually that's illegal.lol

And to reply to your earlier and rather needlessly insulting post, you can sue for transparency without seeking any monetary compensation outside the legal costs to acquire it.

That's what I'd be seeking. So save your petty insults.

Edited by RustledJimmy
Mods play favorites

@RustledJimmy please refrain from insulting other members in your postings and also please stop double posting. Thank you. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, JPops said:

@RustledJimmy please refrain from insulting other members in your postings and also please stop double posting. Thank you. 

So he can drag my name through the mud. And you just delete my post. Ok. 

I see moderation is on par with networking.lol

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, RustledJimmy said:

So he can drag my name through the mud. And you just delete my post. Ok. 

I see moderation is on par with networking.lol

He deleted my response to you, too.

1 minute ago, Cokeyskunk said:

He deleted my response to you, too.

Must be delayed in it's vanishing.

See

23 minutes ago, RustledJimmy said:

Actually that's illegal.lol

And to reply to your earlier and rather needlessly insulting post, you can sue for transparency without seeking any monetary compensation outside the legal costs to acquire it.

That's what I'd be seeking. So save your petty insults.

2 minutes ago, RustledJimmy said:

Must be delayed in it's vanishing.

See

That's your response, not mine. He deleted my response to your "TL;DR/Douchebag" comments. And for the record, you were never insulted or called names by me.

1 minute ago, Cokeyskunk said:

That's your response, not mine. He deleted my response to your "TL;DR/Douchebag" comments.

I get that but he also deleted my explination for the type of suit i would br filing and the fact i don't want money from them.

See they can't breach NDA but if that NDA is in violation of certain codes a customer can sue to see through it. Then i would seek legal cost coverage from whomever drew up said NDA.

So assume less about people, maybe?

Do not break the forum rules and your posts will be left alone. This is the same across the board for all. If you would like your comments to remain, they should be free from inflammatory remarks. Thank you.

• Thanks 1

On 12/31/2017 at 3:00 PM, Gacys Clown said:

Is this the thread we're supposed to discuss how much they need dedicated servers without a mod closing it? I mean, if you're gonna tell us there's massive discussion on this already, how about a link to it...

Also, how do you know if you are the host of a match?

Thanks!:)

You know if you are host by either 1) entering a lobby alone. Or 2) you can view everyone's pings in the column second from right position. The person without a ping clock is the host. Don't kill them or they quit apparently. J/k before anyone starts their rabble.

• Thanks 1

I just kill the host last. Or keep trying til im the host. I think friendly killing should be an option along with being Jason or  Counselor.

@LeDunk 6

Only thing to solve my problems are dedicated servers. I am tired of Host leaving when he notices I am Jason and not him :unsure:

@GunMedia_Ben

Hi, can I ask did you want dedicated servers for console very shortly after release?

If not, how did you envisage player's reactions to getting kicked if for example they were Jason  and killed the host, bearing in mind you can go many games without being Jason?

If you did want console to very quickly be on a par with PC, why is it over half a year still with no sign of them?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Confused Counsellor said:

@GunMedia_Ben

Hi, can I ask did you want dedicated servers for console very shortly after release?

If not, how did you envisage player's reactions to getting kicked if for example they were Jason  and killed the host, bearing in mind you can go many games without being Jason?

If you did want console to very quickly be on a par with PC, why is it over half a year still with no sign of them?

They'll never answer willingly.

On 02/01/2018 at 8:00 PM, RustledJimmy said:

You'll start the match alone

more accurately he does not show your connection.

The dedicated servers was aimed to mid-late september and in the worst case on october but dedicated servers shown no sign since that posts i do understand he take time he do need certification , he do a check if there is some kind of breach but @GunMedia_Ben@JPops you can still give us some kind of information every bit of information can be great the game is almost one year and dedicated servers is still not here you've said it would take six month or so so we want at least a new bit of information like it's in test or something like that it's like the balance patch players have asked him since month and did two patch before finally said that a balance patch is on the way that's very late but at least you gave info about balance and i'm happy so i want the same with dedicated servers.

How is it even a fathomable thought that someone would defend these guys at this point? They promised a fix by September to late October. It's now mid January. Do I need to explain why this is a problem? I personally don't enjoy purchasing products that don't work. I'm not referencing host quits, that's hardly an issue as far as I'm concerned. This is specifically a problem with servers - precisely the same issue we were discussing months ago. There is still no fix and no word about what is being done. "We are working on it" is not nearly enough at this point. The fact that they are remaining silent to avoid a lawsuit speaks volumes to the real and present potential for legal action from consumers. I can't imagine how this is difficult to grasp after the Gearbox debacle. Do I want Gun to fall apart and leave it's employees jobless? Of course not. Should they be required to answer for releasing a game that was and is in no way ready for public consumption, you bet.

Before you attempt to create a dialogue with me here @Cokeyskunk, do know I have zero interest in discussing the matter with someone who has offered nothing but snarky, rude, comments to the people trying to actually talk about what can be done from a consumer standpoint. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Simianorlizard said:

How is it even a fathomable thought that someone would defend these guys at this point? They promised a fix by September to late October. It's now mid January. Do I need to explain why this is a problem? I personally don't enjoy purchasing products that don't work. I'm not referencing host quits, that's hardly an issue as far as I'm concerned. This is specifically a problem with servers - precisely the same issue we were discussing months ago. There is still no fix and no word about what is being done. "We are working on it" is not nearly enough at this point. The fact that they are remaining silent to avoid a lawsuit speaks volumes to the real and present potential for legal action from consumers. I can't imagine how this is difficult to grasp after the Gearbox debacle. Do I want Gun to fall apart and leave it's employees jobless? Of course not. Should they be required to answer for releasing a game that was and is in no way ready for public consumption, you bet.

Before you attempt to create a dialogue with me here @Cokeyskunk, do know I have zero interest in discussing the matter with someone who has offered nothing but snarky, rude, comments to the people trying to actually talk about what can be done from a consumer standpoint. 

You don't want @Cokeyskunk to explain it to you? Then allow me: You were promised nothing in regards to a timeline, only offered a suggested possibility. Your attempt to sue will go nowhere. You are spinning your wheels. It is silly. 

The game is not broken. It is (without hyperbole) playable. That is what you payed for. It would be a more enjoyable experience with dedicated servers. They are working on it. Quit puffing up your chest and calling out one member who you disagree with, saying you won't discuss it with him just because you disagree with him. It is childish. I couldn't find snark or rudeness in his communications.

...or don't. Go pay a lawyer to tell you all of this. I'm just telling you for free. @Cokeyskunk was explaining this to someone else for free.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

You don't want @Cokeyskunk to explain it to you? Then allow me: You were promised nothing in regards to a timeline, only offered a suggested possibility. Your attempt to sue will go nowhere. You are spinning your wheels. It is silly. 

The game is not broken. It is (without hyperbole) playable. That is what you payed for. It would be a more enjoyable experience with dedicated servers. They are working on it. Quit puffing up your chest and calling out one member who you disagree with, saying you won't discuss it with him just because you disagree with him. It is childish. I couldn't find snark or rudeness in his communications.

...or don't. Go pay a lawyer to tell you all of this. I'm just telling you for free. @Cokeyskunk was explaining this to someone else for free.

You're completely wrong. That's all I'm going to say.

39 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

I'm shook.

tenor.gif

• Haha 1