GunMedia_Ben

Dedicated Servers Update and Why Host Migration Won't Happen

101 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, PsychBam said:

HAHAHA so accurate. Of Course we are all over here itching for any update to continually make the game better and smoother but i am going to say the mass majority have no experience with establishing Dedicated servers from scratch and having to go through Microsoft and Sony tests for those servers.. Soo000oo just relax and let them work on it,

I'm sure if they spent less time sacrificing puppies and kittens, they could have had the servers done by now! At the very least, I bet their baby-eating is interfering with improving the game for us!

Then again, I'm a privileged pc player, so I already have dedicated servers (and they sent the Swedish female volley ball team to my house for free massages too! Not sure if the console gamers get that as well). I do feel badly for the console players (despite my jokes, I honestly do!).

On 10/25/2017 at 1:59 PM, Fasthandz said:

9DC142E7-907A-4084-81DE-4B9180185759.jpeg

Yeah. I'd say we're about due for an actual update on this...

1 person likes this

there was a update ( August ) one has a fix that increased the search for tighter ping requirement while increasing matchmaking search 4x - 6x faster and has increased steam matchmaking search for lowest ping but was reverted the next patch.

@GunMedia_Ben Here my question this was a beta or a test for dedicated servers because matchmaking connections was really great but you reverted it.

https://www.trueachievements.com/n29600/friday-the-13th-the-games-latest-patch-detailed-fixes-broken-achievement 

I'd just like a timeframe at this point. Game isn't worth playing unless you trust the host as-is.

Not worth the $40 right now.

On 07/11/2017 at 7:26 AM, RustledJimmy said:

I'd just like a timeframe at this point. Game isn't worth playing unless you trust the host as-is.

Not worth the $40 right now.

In theory, it  doesn't worth $40. However, the game is so fun that I've been playing for hours and hours. I'm not a good reference though, since I always dreamed about a Jason's game.

At this point (I'm level 67), the game is becoming more frustating.And dedicated servers are 100% required to ensure the future of this game. The last 2 days, I barely play. I was kicked so many times. 

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, slvrs said:

In theory, it  doesn't worth $40. However, the game is so fun that I've been playing for hours and hours. I'm not a good reference though, since I always dreamed about a Jason's game.

At this point (I'm level 67), the game is becoming more frustating.And dedicated servers are 100% required to ensure the future of this game. The last 2 days, I barely couldn't play. I was kicked so many times. 

At this point i only play if I'm the host because i won't quit if i get killed.

1 person likes this

32 minutes ago, RustledJimmy said:

At this point i only play if I'm the host because i won't quit if i get killed.

I thought about this strategy. The chances you get kicked are quite reduced, but I dont think they worth due to long time needed to fill a session. And even after that, crashes and servers bugs will still be haunting you. 

1 person likes this

28 minutes ago, slvrs said:

I thought about this strategy. The chances you get kicked are quite reduced, but I dont think they worth due to long time needed to fill a session. And even after that, crashes and servers bugs will still be haunting you. 

It's not that frequent for me. I have a large bandwidth connection and it rarely loses connection. I can host for long sessions with no issue.

Ok just to be clear....PC has dedicated servers right?

So if I'm the host and I'm dead and have no other obligations to the match and I leave, will it end the game for everybody else?

Also, if the host has a ping of 200 and up but the rest of us are low, does that effect the game negatively for everybody else?

2 hours ago, WashingtonJones said:

So if I'm the host and I'm dead and have no other obligations to the match and I leave, will it end the game for everybody else?

Also, if the host has a ping of 200 and up but the rest of us are low, does that effect the game negatively for everybody else?

If you happen to be host of a lobby of PC and quit, the game will resume. Unless Jason leaves. However the Lobby will not collapse, everyone will get their XP and matchmaking will resume. A server is what everyone is connecting to not the host directly as in P2P so the hosts ping should not affect your connection..i hope that helps. 

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, WashingtonJones said:

Yes. If you are host and you quit, the game ends and everyone loses all XP gains for the game. 

3 hours ago, WashingtonJones said:

The host ping will normally be higher as he is acting as a server.

200 is fine. When it's over 400 then you'll start to see lag and frame rate drop (jerky character movement).

Over 1000? Just leave. They're manipulating the connection to cheat, have dial up (lol) or are far far far away from all the players.None of those you want to bother with

Any chance this is going to happen? About to be lone survivor, Jason (the host) quits.  Kills host, host quits.  This is literally wasting 10+ minutes of peoples time every time the host quits. I'm seriously worried that there is total silence now on everything. I paid £24 for this game in the expectation of dedicated servers and patches, and now I'm thinking I was being very naïve to assume their word.

2 hours ago, Confused Counsellor said:

Any chance this is going to happen? About to be lone survivor, Jason (the host) quits.  Kills host, host quits.  This is literally wasting 10+ minutes of peoples time every time the host quits. I'm seriously worried that there is total silence now on everything. I paid £24 for this game in the expectation of dedicated servers and patches, and now I'm thinking I was being very naïve to assume their word.

Dude I'm right there with you. I have this post set for push notifications on my phone in hope of SOME kind of news.

: '(

1 person likes this

12 hours ago, RustledJimmy said:

Dude I'm right there with you. I have this post set for push notifications on my phone in hope of SOME kind of news.

: '(

You're better off watching their twitter feed. We usually only get the news here if @lHeartBreakerl posts it.

1 person likes this

What happens when Jason leaves? I thought that you got your XP & it says survived. But a number of games now the host has left when Jason was being given the run around at the end, so I assumed it was Jason that left, and it just gives the usual connection to host lost & no XP. I'm guessing that when Jason leaves & Jason is also the host, the latter happens, when surely it should be the former. Will dedicated servers fix this?

20 minutes ago, Confused Counsellor said:

What happens when Jason leaves? I thought that you got your XP & it says survived. But a number of games now the host has left when Jason was being given the run around at the end, so I assumed it was Jason that left, and it just gives the usual connection to host lost & no XP. I'm guessing that when Jason leaves & Jason is also the host, the latter happens, when surely it should be the former. Will dedicated servers fix this?

Dedicated servers will fix probably 95% of the issues we have with connection. When the host leaves (as counselor or Jason) you will get booted and receive no xp for the match. If Jason is not the host you will receive xp for the match.

2 people like this

this is a major problem for consoles and they just shrug it off and make dumb dlc i used to support these guys but now i'm starting to give up i really want this game to succeed but with the way things are going i really don't know now

An announcement on dedicated servers will be made when they are good to go most likely. I know what a pain it can be as I primarily play on consoles but it's not going to come any sooner than it is able to get all the things needed inline.