GunMedia_Ben

Dedicated Servers Update and Why Host Migration Won't Happen

59 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

Nice one :) The only other thing I hope happens before I return to XBL instead of Steam is the removal of all the Savini Jasons people got for free.

Nobody got it for free, psn charged money for it

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

This is WAY better than host migration. I'm confused as to why people are bitching about it on Facebook. 

If Jessica Alba decided to show the the world her left breast tomorrow on Facebook...it would be met with with anger and deep rooted fury because they didn't get to see her right breast. :lol:

I'm sorry for the analogy, but ...that, truly is social media down to a tee. :lol:

• Like 2

Also, while we are on the topic of updates, the twitter post actually points to right here on the forums for this update!

So I guess we can kind of stop complaining that the blue dot thingy points to reddit. They seem to be spreading the love.

Inferiority complex averted!

4 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

If Jessica Alba decided to show the the world her left breast tomorrow on Facebook...it would be met with with anger and deep rooted fury because they didn't get to see her right breast. :lol:

I'm sorry for the analogy, but ...that, truly is social media down to a tee. :lol:

Sorry for what??? Don't ever apologize for Jessica Alba's breasts!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

There is no host with dedicated servers. The game would not end. The only potential issue we would run into would be the Jason player leaving. Plan is to simply switch someone over to Jason at random. We wouldn't be able to do that with a host migration option, either. 

Ben,

does this random Jason come from someone in the game who is already a councilor or a player waiting in queue?

3 minutes ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

Sorry for what??? Don't ever apologize for Jessica Alba's breasts!

:lol: Fair point. 

I have, and still are continuing to moan about the Part VI mask and the build of 7-9 Jasons. I will always state my opinion if I feel it's valid. I like to think I express my views as diplomatically as possible even though I am quite a "say what you think 100mph Combine Harvester without brakes" kinda bloke. :lol:

I don't like reading the some of the silly comments Gun/Illfonic get on social media. Some of it is soooo over the top. But then that is social media. That's all it is. 

Looking forward to the new DLC....will be buying it for sure. 

39 minutes ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

This is WAY better than host migration. I'm confused as to why people are bitching about it on Facebook. 

Dude, the comments on facebook are ridiculous. Thats why i ask about the host situation first before making a snap reaction to no host migration. The only thing i kept see around here was about host migration, so naturally i just thought that was the best route to go. But the dedicated servers are a way better choice. I feel bad for Gun and Illfonic because it seem they can't do anything without people cussing them out and throwing a huge fit at them. Especially on this subject which they are providing the best possible solution in a reasonable amount of time frame.

So we saw that Randy replied AFTER the Savini issue was mentioned so we now have 100% confirmation he's being keeping silent on it for now, I'm going to keep with the waiting for new content announcement having something to do with the issue but if Gun isn't planning something like that, now is the time to say it.

3 hours ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

There is no host with dedicated servers. The game would not end. The only potential issue we would run into would be the Jason player leaving. Plan is to simply switch someone over to Jason at random. We wouldn't be able to do that with a host migration option, either. 

Wouldn't it be better to just end the match if Jason leaves and give the counselors escape bonuses plus their already gained XP?  I can see a lot of people quitting as soon as the cops are called or if a couple of people escape since they already do it now.  Plus it would be unfair to the counselor who doesn't want to be Jason, to now be forced to play him/  Especially if they have to pick up where a "bad"(Half way through the match with no kills, cops are called, etc) Jason left off.  Much rather just get the XP and get a fresh start for the next game.    

I would also like to say thank you for the update!  This is the type of updates the community needs, loves, and has been asking for.  Please keep doing these and interacting with us! 

3 minutes ago, Corkenstein said:

Wouldn't it be better to just end the match if Jason leaves and give the counselors escape bonuses plus their already gained XP?  I can see a lot of people quitting as soon as the cops are called or if a couple of people escape since they already do it now.  Plus it would be unfair to the counselor who doesn't want to be Jason, to now be forced to play him/  Especially if they have to pick up where a "bad"(Half way through the match with no kills, cops are called, etc) Jason left off.  Much rather just get the XP and get a fresh start for the next game.    

I would also like to say thank you for the update!  This is the type of updates the community needs, loves, and has been asking for.  Please keep doing these and interacting with us! 

Right now on PC when Jason leaves the game treats you as if you survived the night. You get everything you earned up until that point and your 500 completed match xp. So no escape bonus, but still not bad. 

I like the pc way right now. 

• Like 1

This is good news. The sooner the better so here's hoping. I'm just happy to hear that it's happening. I prefer dedicated servers over host migration and I can admit I imagined host migration would've been the easier of the two. I'm glad the better option (dedicated servers) is the one they're going with.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

This is good news. The sooner the better so here's hoping. I'm just happy to hear that it's happening. I prefer dedicated servers over host migration and I can admit I imagined host migration would've been the easier of the two. I'm glad the better option (dedicated servers) is the one they're going with.

IMG_3244.JPG

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Definitelynotjason said:

Right now on PC when Jason leaves the game treats you as if you survived the night. You get everything you earned up until that point and your 500 completed match xp. So no escape bonus, but still not bad. 

I like the pc way right now. 

That's awesome, I prefer that way as well instead of Jason being switched out.  

Thanks for the update. Hopefully this will quiet people down as you guys know FAR more about building a game than all us yahoos whining on a message board. Look forward to more info and the update. LOVE. YOUR. GAME!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, John Wick said:

Thanks for the update. Hopefully this will quiet people down as you guys know FAR more about building a game than all us yahoos whining on a message board. Look forward to more info and the update. LOVE. YOUR. GAME!

Everyone like john wick or ill find you and kill you OR HE WILL

(P.S. one of the best movies i ever seen and part 2)

:3

Edited by FlameRiderSD
idk

11 hours ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

I hope this is opt in. If I have played a good match as counselor (teamplaying etc) I do not want to get forced to switch to Jason at endgame.

Dedicated servers are fare better then host migration, so good decision. 

I will wait inpatiently as the quitting host is a big problem. Until the fix, couldn't you make a higher punish for this? Like 5000 xp loss?

I know this isn't how it'll be set up, but how freaking scary would it be if you're searching a cabin with a buddy, you turn your back on him for a second, and when you look back he's Jason?

32 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

I know this isn't how it'll be set up, but how freaking scary would it be if you're searching a cabin with a buddy, you turn your back on him for a second, and when you look back he's Jason?

Outta the likes, so here`s a

latest?cb=20160111144002