Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

I spend the first few minutes dealing with objectives. Trapping phone and car, breaking doors and collecting knives. I don't chase unless you don't run away from the house I'm at. I had a dude get salty that I killed him after I broke the doors and windows out and he was still there. 

 

Question for you and @Alkavian.

So, I spawned in at Packanak, realised this was not an awesome way to spend my time, but also didn't want to pass up all the juicey loot. I ran inside, closed, but did not lock the door behind me, checked one drawer, luckily got a knife, then ran upstairs. Halfway up the stairs Jason morphs in. He traps the phone, and possible the car, then heads straight for me. I didn't hide under a bed, but I went to the furthest room, locked myself in and then opened the window. He came straight for me. I hopped out the window, he morphed outside and gave chase. I was able to juke long enough for him to get antsy about other stuff and morphed on his next cool down. I suspect had he gotten shift before the morph was up, it would have been over for me.

My question, is this very mildly cheese on the Jason's part, or just good play for both of us? Should I have completely scattered to the wind as soon as I saw I was at the lodge?

Personally I think I took a chance and if I dide, I get what I deserve for trying to be greedy. I happened to live so it worked out, but had I died, there definitely would have been no anger from me. Jason is just being Jason.

How much does fair play play a role in a competitive game? Obviously cheating and glitching is bunk, but where is the line on bad luck spawn?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PastyMcBalderton said:

Has happened way too many times to me. I consider myself a decent Jason, usually get 5-6 kills each time with the occasional flawless victory.

Funniest one though wasn't someone getting mad, but I was about to kill a counselor as Part 8 Jason and the kid gets on his mic begging me not to kill him and to save him for last. I had my mic on and in a rare spur of wit, told him "The only free pass I'm handing out is to the afterlife" before grabbing him and doing the fire axe throw on him. He actually started balling and crying on the mic...genuinely felt a little bad at that point, but I felt better quickly once I saw another counselor to kill, who also happened to be the last one ?

Oh I see you've encountered a crier. I don't understand how you feel sympathy they salty tears give me susentance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol I had a game as Jason Part 7 one time on Higgins Haven. This squeaker was playing as AJ and made a run to the car with the car. I made chase, got him on a shift grab and did the bird bath kill. Less than 30 seconds later he sends me a message "Wow, you're a ****, tryhard". When the gamewas over, he complained some more and rage quit the lobby.

In a similar game later as Jason Part 3, another chipmunk wannabe kept trash talking me since he was the last alive. Grabbed him once, got  pocketknifed, I basically baited him to jump out a window right to me (thanks to stalk) and he immediately pleaded to let him do a repair, which I didn't. Once again, I was called all sorts of slurs and he too had rage quit the lobby.

 

I would say I'm a very confident Jason, I do clean sweeps as Jason regularly. It comes with the territory I guess. I'm an adult, so any bad talk or mean messaging is beyond me. I don't say anything back because I'm above that. If it's in a chill lobby, most people just accept it and move on. Besides, it's only a game after all.

But I won't lie, listening to the kids complain while you brutally kill their counselor is quite hilarious to me. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Definitelynotjason said:

Question for you and @Alkavian.

So, I spawned in at Packanak, realised this was not an awesome way to spend my time, but also didn't want to pass up all the juicey loot. I ran inside, closed, but did not lock the door behind me, checked one drawer, luckily got a knife, then ran upstairs. Halfway up the stairs Jason morphs in. He traps the phone, and possible the car, then heads straight for me. I didn't hide under a bed, but I went to the furthest room, locked myself in and then opened the window. He came straight for me. I hopped out the window, he morphed outside and gave chase. I was able to juke long enough for him to get antsy about other stuff and morphed on his next cool down. I suspect had he gotten shift before the morph was up, it would have been over for me.

My question, is this very mildly cheese on the Jason's part, or just good play for both of us? Should I have completely scattered to the wind as soon as I saw I was at the lodge?

Personally I think I took a chance and if I dide, I get what I deserve for trying to be greedy. I happened to live so it worked out, but had I died, there definitely would have been no anger from me. Jason is just being Jason.

How much does fair play play a role in a competitive game? Obviously cheating and glitching is bunk, but where is the line on bad luck spawn?

It's not cheese. Jason has to risk objectives being completed to chase you at the start. I'll often give chase until morph cools down if somebody is in the area. I may chase harder if they said over walkie that they have the fuse or they are carrying a car part. 

As for staying at the lodge, it's up to you. I often get killed doing that so I split asap. I may grab a shotgun and a map from the mapboard, as well as looking to see what color the car outside is, but I don't linger. When I'm a counselor one of my main tactics is cabin tag. When Jason realizes it's going to take too long to get me he often leaves. 

As to "fair play" I think that if you're playing with friends on a consistent basis, you should be fair. For example hacking everybody* or using the quick choke isn't needed. A good Jason will still kill a majority (if not everybody) even using longer kills. Playing in quickplay is the wild west. Do you. I assume every Jason is gonna play to win over playing for fun, and that every other counselor is going to kill me or screw me over. 

 

*Even amongst pals, I hack if groups try to attack, the guy gloats he has a knife, the car or the phone are being used. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

Oh there's definitely adults acting the same way. They're the ones that grind my gears. I can deal with it better if it's just kids being kids, though they are a large portion of the player base unfortunately. But an adult throwing tantrums like a child is just totally ridiculous. 

Those reasons you listed are so true though, well said. You're "bad" no matter what you do basically. 

i agree - adults seem to be more of a problem. I had one guy who was clearly an adult act as host and then demand you handover key items (ie - keys, gas) to him or he would quit. Once you dropped them he would fix them to get the XP (he didn't even have that high a repair character - Adam). Finally Jason morphs on him when hes struggling with a battery and he tells Jason to go away or the disconnect is coming. Jason leaves and lets him finish the car. It kept going but basically he held the whole room hostage as the host

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 7theye said:

i agree - adults seem to be more of a problem. I had one guy who was clearly an adult act as host and then demand you handover key items (ie - keys, gas) to him or he would quit. Once you dropped them he would fix them to get the XP (he didn't even have that high a repair character - Adam). Finally Jason morphs on him when hes struggling with a battery and he tells Jason to go away or the disconnect is coming. Jason leaves and lets him finish the car. It kept going but basically he held the whole room hostage as the host

That is the guy I'd team kill. When he quit I'd report him for it via X-box's report system. I'd also block him and that would be that. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Definitelynotjason said:

Question for you and @Alkavian.

So, I spawned in at Packanak, realised this was not an awesome way to spend my time, but also didn't want to pass up all the juicey loot. I ran inside, closed, but did not lock the door behind me, checked one drawer, luckily got a knife, then ran upstairs. Halfway up the stairs Jason morphs in. He traps the phone, and possible the car, then heads straight for me. I didn't hide under a bed, but I went to the furthest room, locked myself in and then opened the window. He came straight for me. I hopped out the window, he morphed outside and gave chase. I was able to juke long enough for him to get antsy about other stuff and morphed on his next cool down. I suspect had he gotten shift before the morph was up, it would have been over for me.

My question, is this very mildly cheese on the Jason's part, or just good play for both of us? Should I have completely scattered to the wind as soon as I saw I was at the lodge?

Personally I think I took a chance and if I dide, I get what I deserve for trying to be greedy. I happened to live so it worked out, but had I died, there definitely would have been no anger from me. Jason is just being Jason.

How much does fair play play a role in a competitive game? Obviously cheating and glitching is bunk, but where is the line on bad luck spawn?

You did well, and Jason certainly didn't do anything wrong except for maybe be a little bit over zealous early in a match before he has Shift.

Your mistake, based on your description of events, was that you RAN. Sound blips will rat you out even before Sense is active (don't open drawers/doors if you can help it:  blips are bad). Play casual but smart. If you are at Packanack, get inside by window and walk, jog if you have a high stealth counselor. Don't run. Forget looting for the first minute and just hide. Mute your mic and Jason will probably just leave 95% of the time. Don't get freaked out if you hear doors breaking and whatnot. Many Jason's, like myself, do a little of interior decorating to make life easier late match. The odds are highly in your favor that he will not find you (at least not before he feels compelled to check up on the shenanigans of the other counselors). As soon as Jason leaves, all the loot is still there and Jason is probably going to be busy doing other things for foreseeable future. Don't forget, there are statistically more players who will freak out and make stupid mistakes early in a match than who won't (especially those who fret about WHERE THEY spawn). You don't have to be the fastest or stealthiest to survive being spawn killed. Only the smartest in the moment.:D

Funny enough, early match the only Jason's you really have to fear are the noobs. They spawn to random places, give you the hateboner/tunneling chase, or act so erratically outside the meta they are in fact DANGEROUS if you only think inside the box.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually enjoy when people get pissed when I kill them as Jason. It can be hilarious to hear their reaction, which is usually "Wow, you suck as Jason, why'd you go for me?!"

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, GameboySM said:

I actually enjoy when people get pissed when I kill them as Jason. It can be hilarious to hear their reaction, which is usually "Wow, you suck as Jason, why'd you go for me?!"

"Because you were the suckiest counselor to get caught and I figured we were made for each other.":wub:

HxZAGaC.gif

giphy.gif

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These guys I played with yesterday wanted to start the game with just 4 people, so we did. When I killed them, they repeatedly called me the n-word. The salt was real. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

as long as they're not spawn killing me, i have no problem giving props to a good jason.

good or bad, i really hate people that feel the need to be a dick to the player that's jason. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I get cussed out all the time. My Jason part 3 play is solid and people rarely get away. My favorite incident revolved around an entire group in party chat getting wiped out six minutes after calling the police. One of them got into regular chat just to lose their shit at me. I felt honored.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Impactedmedal38 said:

Just something I felt like venting. Has anyone else experienced hate  for being a good Jason. I don't like to toot my own horn but I consider myself pretty good as most games I kill all counselors including tommy; however I noticed how toxic the community can be. I've been kicked from games for blocking incoming attacks from counselors(not the exploit only melee combat), "spawn killing ", and the best one of all....... not letting counselors fix objectives. Just wondering if anyone else has some stories to tell.

I love the counselors that throw tantrums when they die before fixing stuff. I ask them, are they five years old? :lol:

11 hours ago, tiberiusmcqueen said:

I was playing in a lobby where that happened, a bunch of the other players had been Jason, and had barely done any killing, then I get Jason, and wiped them all out, and they got pissed. And I didn't do the boring thing of just using the same kill over and over, I used all my kills, slashed a couple that were being difficult, and even drowned one in a toilet (he was easily the grumpiest one about it)

The one that got the toilet, you can understand his grumpiness. Does anyone ever want a chocolate swirlie?

11 hours ago, dandop1984 said:

Yeah next to glitchers. Sour toxic poor sports are my least favorite type of people on this game.

Some people take it so personally, and they get so angry when they lose. It's kinda hilarious and sad at the same time.

I guess they live in a delusional world, where they are supposed to win 100%

11 hours ago, Impactedmedal38 said:

I've been in similar situations. Killing yourself to prevent Jason from getting points is beyond pathetic and too common. Funny enough once I had a host rage quit because I swung while he was climbing out the window killing him before he could kill him self. Let's just say I got called less than decent names afterwords...

They sound like the kind of players that would kick a Monopoly board over when they go bankrupt.

11 hours ago, Jason4prez said:

Dude the worst is when people leave mid kill or when q friend says to kill them last it's like " I kill who I find that's how I play sorry" and sorry if this is off topic 

Mother never said that I had to kill counselors in a certain order. She just said to kill them. B)

10 hours ago, Titan_313 said:

Can't tell you how many times a host has left just because I killed them. Sucks when they leave and it ends the game everyone.

Let that player get into someone else's lobby and let that happen to them. We'll see how much they enjoy getting screwed out of XP...

10 hours ago, TobybotBOOM said:

Oh I get mad when I die more than I like. Mostly when I do absolutely nothing in the match and just die effortlessly. I don't blame the Jasons, always myself because I'm generally a decent player and probably have some personal issues I need to resolve with myself. XD 

Usually that's not the case thankfully though. And as Jason most people don't have a HUGE problem with me. There's usually just people that end the room when they die, although, someone did start calling me out for not trapping the phone or cars... I do it SOMETIMES but really I just enjoy chasing people so I didn't care but it was funny never thought I would hear that.

There's always hope for a player that can recognize their own mistakes and learn from them.

7 hours ago, 7theye said:

i agree - adults seem to be more of a problem. I had one guy who was clearly an adult act as host and then demand you handover key items (ie - keys, gas) to him or he would quit. Once you dropped them he would fix them to get the XP (he didn't even have that high a repair character - Adam). Finally Jason morphs on him when hes struggling with a battery and he tells Jason to go away or the disconnect is coming. Jason leaves and lets him finish the car. It kept going but basically he held the whole room hostage as the host

Next time, tell them you don't give in to gaming terrorists...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yesterday I played a game where I killed everyone in under 10 minutes, with the host left for last.  As I'm chasing this A.J., she turns around and starts going into and out of combat stance.  I walk up, smack smack, grab, and drive my pitchfork into her gut and down on her head, finishing the game.  As Jason walks to his shack, the host pops on the mic yelling at me that I was supposed to square off with her otherwise its boring to watch, like it is an unwritten rule of the game.... WHAT?!  Jason is a murdering psychopath and you want me pussyfoot with you?  Nope.  Death is the dance you get have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RustInPeace said:

Yesterday I played a game where I killed everyone in under 10 minutes, with the host left for last.  As I'm chasing this A.J., she turns around and starts going into and out of combat stance.  I walk up, smack smack, grab, and drive my pitchfork into her gut and down on her head, finishing the game.  As Jason walks to his shack, the host pops on the mic yelling at me that I was supposed to square off with her otherwise its boring to watch, like it is an unwritten rule of the game.... WHAT?!  Jason is a murdering psychopath and you want me pussyfoot with you?  Nope.  Death is the dance you get have.

Hahaha the dance of death. Awesome. Literally just heard Iron Maiden reading your post.

@RustInPeace love the name. Is my favorite Megadeth album. Saw them live last year with Lamb of God's drummer and they played quite a bit off of that album and nailed everything.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today I was playing and I morphed to Palmer's Pass on Packanack. I heard a guy crying out for help. Apparently, there was a TK'er on the loose who had killed someone already. I Shifted over to the offending Chad who was busily trying to hack up a Tiffany. Instant Karma. He quit so I didn't get any XP of course, but hey, I got to be the anti-hero for a match. The Tiff player said OK you can just kill me (she was limping and wounded). I just said, "I'll see you in a few" and ported away. The Tiff player got about a 4 minute reprieve, and the whole lobby was thanking me after the match.

6ac1ea69a09c3ba822c8c27e3e4b789c.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I've been called "bitch" more times playing this game than the entire rest of my life.

Apparently, people don't like being killed which I thought was the point of the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's split down the middle for me. I've run into a lot of shitheads that complain that I killed everyone, but I also run into cool people that give me props when the match is over. Just like last night, once the match ended somebody said "that was a good Jason" and I appreciated that. Especially since I'm not one of those guys who's gonna throw it in people's face. I'm just playing to have fun.

On a side-note, I only give the person playing Jason grief if they're one of those people that literally hack and slash everyone. That's so damn boring. I don't mind dying but can you make it interesting, please?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Emperiex said:

It's split down the middle for me. I've run into a lot of shitheads that complain that I killed everyone, but I also run into cool people that give me props when the match is over. Just like last night, once the match ended somebody said "that was a good Jason" and I appreciated that. Especially since I'm not one of those guys who's gonna throw it in people's face. I'm just playing to have fun.

On a side-note, I only give the person playing Jason grief if they're one of those people that literally hack and slash everyone. That's so damn boring. I don't mind dying but can you make it interesting, please?

Learn how to effectively fight and you can grief a slasher jason all day long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Learn how to effectively fight and you can grief a slasher jason all day long.

Oh I know how to effectively fight, it's just annoying. Whenever I encounter a slasher Jason, I give him the round around. It brings me immense joy to make him look stupid as I run him in circles and knock him on his ass. I just hate that they do it is all. Crazy thing is some of them aren't even bad Jason's, they just decide to hack and slash everybody and I don't get why. I don't mind getting stabbed with a pocket knife 'cause chances are I'll still get you. At least you'll get the points.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Emperiex said:

Oh I know how to effectively fight, it's just annoying. Whenever I encounter a slasher Jason, I give him the round around. It brings me immense joy to make him look stupid as I run him in circles and knock him on his ass. I just hate that they do it is all. Crazy thing is some of them aren't even bad Jason's, they just decide to hack and slash everybody and I don't get why. I don't mind getting stabbed with a pocket knife 'cause chances are I'll still get you. At least you'll get the points.

Man one match I had to hack everyone up. The players were too good to grab. They would simply just club me every time I picked one of them up. Then there were whispers of "Let's kill him I will go get the sweater." That is when I put part 3 Jason to work. I targeted the girls first. No girls no sweater. After chopping the first couple of kids down I saw Tommy Jarvis running at me with an axe. I shifted out to him and guess what he had when I grabbed him. You guessed right a fucking pocket knife. Enraged I quickly chopped down the rest of the field. Lost my mask in the process but since I managed to kill Tommy the day was mine and no one escaped. No one was killed with a grab either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ha, all the time. I also like to think I'm an above average Jason. I don't block whatsoever, and I mean never. I kill 8/8 95% of the time easily and I get the exact same trash talk you do. From my friends it's cool because that's just how it goes, but in public matches I catch hell all the time. Like people legitimately get upset when you kill them like you're supposed to as Jason. Wtf? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was getting bitched at a couple nights ago because I was a grabby Jason. Not shift grab mind you (can't get the hang of it) but apparently now it's not cool to hack at counselors with the supplied weapon or do grab kills. Maybe I'll just have to resort to knives and traps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As long as he isn't cheating, then anything Jason does is fair game. If anything, going soft on people is worse than going hard on them.

The only legit behaviour Jason does that annoys me is when he gets tunnel vision on a single counselor to the extent he ignores the police being called and the car setting off in order to just kill that one person.

It annoys me because it's bad play, and you've died because you had a Jason who was more concerned about some stupid point of personal pride than actually playing the game.

However, my victory condition is not personal survival. That's too easy. It's getting out as many counselors as possible. So if tilting Jason into this behaviour gets 5 people out at the cost of my life, then fine.

It's annoying how stupid and emotional Jason is, and how low he sets his sights, but I've done my part, and it's still legit play.

If stuff like chasing pre-shift or chopping counselors triggers you, then my only advice is go play private matches. Fuck expecting strangers to conform to your personal house rules.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...