Just something I felt like venting. Has anyone else experienced hate  for being a good Jason. I don't like to toot my own horn but I consider myself pretty good as most games I kill all counselors including tommy; however I noticed how toxic the community can be. I've been kicked from games for blocking incoming attacks from counselors(not the exploit only melee combat), "spawn killing ", and the best one of all....... not letting counselors fix objectives. Just wondering if anyone else has some stories to tell.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Impactedmedal38 said:

Just something I felt like venting. Has anyone else experienced hate  for being a good Jason. I don't like to toot my own horn but I consider myself pretty good as most games I kill all counselors including tommy; however I noticed how toxic the community can be. I've been kicked from games for blocking incoming attacks from counselors(not the exploit only melee combat), "spawn killing ", and the best one of all....... not letting counselors fix objectives. Just wondering if anyone else has some stories to tell.

The stuff you mentioned has certainly happened to me. My solution has been to build up a collection of quality players who don't play with sour attitudes and invite them to my games. What platform do you play on?

• Like 2

If a good Jason gets me after a satisfying chase and grabs me I usually just say something like "nice man" or "good job" I know it's weird but still I just want them to know I'm not salty or anything unless they are a slasher Jason I'll accept a part 3 or 6 slasher but not like a 2 to 9 slasher that's just annoying not even giving me a chance you know?

• Like 1

Oh yeah. That happens lots.

mainly when I come across random parties in quick play. I had a group mainly consisting of Tiffanys, buggzys and a Deborah. They got mad at me cause I kept focusing on Deborah early game. 

Like I'm really worried about leaving a Tiffany behind at the car. While I chase down Deborah. Lol

I killed Deborah. They got pissed. One had a shotgun, and one was begging his friend to shoot him, so I don't get points. Fortunately he missed.

Also I could hear them saying. Let's just kill ourselves to rob him of points.

Thats when I turned on my mic, and told them to go for it. I'm level 101, and the fact you have to kill your self to rob me of points is a sad attempt at trolling me.

Yeah they left the lobby after that game. Lol 

• Like 7

I was playing in a lobby where that happened, a bunch of the other players had been Jason, and had barely done any killing, then I get Jason, and wiped them all out, and they got pissed. And I didn't do the boring thing of just using the same kill over and over, I used all my kills, slashed a couple that were being difficult, and even drowned one in a toilet (he was easily the grumpiest one about it)

4 minutes ago, dandop1984 said:

mainly when I come across random parties in quick play. I had a group mainly consisting of Tiffanys, buggzys and a Deborah. They got mad at me cause I kept focusing on Deborah early game. 

Like I'm really worried about leaving a Tiffany behind at the car. While I chase down Deborah. Lol

I killed Deborah. They got pissed. One had a shotgun, and one was begging his friend to shoot him, so I don't get points. Fortunately he missed.

Thats when I turned on my mic, and told them to go for it. I'm level 101, and the fact you have to kill your self to rob me of points is a sad attempt at trolling me.

Hey man if they are going to be like that they shouldn't even be able to play in my opinion like people die in this game that's what it is it's like the main concept of the game so people like that shouldn't be allowed to play or should only be put in lobby's with other people like that

• Like 1

Yeah next to glitchers. Sour toxic poor sports are my least favorite type of people on this game.

Some people take it so personally, and they get so angry when they lose. It's kinda hilarious and sad at the same time.

• Like 5

I wonder sometimes if some players aren't separating the adversarial relationship between Jason and Counselor from the symbiotic relationship of player and fellow player. It seems like a simple differentiation, but that's just me.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dandop1984 said:

Yeah next to glitchers. Sour toxic poor sports are my least favorite type of people on this game.

Some people take it so personally, and they get so angry when they lose. It's kinda hilarious and sad at the same time.

Ik right you would think their family's  life was on the line. 

16 minutes ago, dandop1984 said:

I've been in similar situations. Killing yourself to prevent Jason from getting points is beyond pathetic and too common. Funny enough once I had a host rage quit because I swung while he was climbing out the window killing him before he could kill him self. Let's just say I got called less than decent names afterwords...

• Like 2

Yeah the other night before joining a good community on ps4 I was taking out a team who were working well together. Got to the last one and was chasing them down when they were in the four seater so the guy decides to glitch out on the edge of the map. Then sat there. So i stood there staring at them, then because they were the host they dropped out and robbed me of the 6/7 kills i had then sent me a message calling all sorts of racial slurs. The toxic community and glitchers suck bad.

4 hours ago, Impactedmedal38 said:

I've been in similar situations. Killing yourself to prevent Jason from getting points is beyond pathetic and too common. Funny enough once I had a host rage quit because I swung while he was climbing out the window killing him before he could kill him self. Let's just say I got called less than decent names afterwords...

Have had this one as well.

Best one, though, was someone trying to kill themselves by jumping out a broken window and getting caught and killed in my trap. They didn't rob me of that kill and got so mad they decided to trash talk on mic and spam my inbox with all kinds of I will kill you and kick your ass messages and all I could do was laugh at the troll and keep pointing out how sad their life must be to get so worked up about their own plan backfiring.

*Damn I accidentally double posted yet again....sorry @JPops

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Impactedmedal38 said:

Dude the worst is when people leave mid kill or when q friend says to kill them last it's like " I kill who I find that's how I play sorry" and sorry if this is off topic 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Jason4prez said:

Dude the worst is when people leave mid kill or when q friend says to kill them last it's like " I kill who I find that's how I play sorry" and sorry if this is off topic 

Exactly it's nothing personal Jason's only objective is to kill everyone. Nothing more nothing less.

• Like 1

On 8/22/2017 at 11:38 AM, Impactedmedal38 said:

Exactly it's nothing personal Jason's only objective is to kill everyone. Nothing more nothing less.

Exactly. All out of likes.

• Like 1

Can't tell you how many times a host has left just because I killed them. Sucks when they leave and it ends the game everyone.

• Like 1

I've seen this behavior plenty of times.  I don't think that windows and jumps should KILL a player outright, although I do think a player should get fully crippled to the point of full immobility if they do it too many times.  Couple that with a 20 second log off timer and this issue would vanish altogether.  

6 minutes ago, Dapper Dragon said:

I've seen this behavior plenty of times.  I don't think that windows and jumps should KILL a player outright, although I do think a player should get fully crippled to the point of full immobility if they do it too many times.  Couple that with a 20 second log off timer and this issue would vanish altogether.  

That or it should count as a Kill for Jason as long as he broke said window.

• Like 1

Just now, Impactedmedal38 said:

I like the idea of a 20 second log off timer. And Jason getting the kill count if he broke the window as well.

Just now, Impactedmedal38 said:

Agreed.  I'd still like to see a timer delayed applied to log outs and force quits.  Jason's shouldn't lose points to saltiness.

• Like 1

Has happened way too many times to me. I consider myself a decent Jason, usually get 5-6 kills each time with the occasional flawless victory.

Funniest one though wasn't someone getting mad, but I was about to kill a counselor as Part 8 Jason and the kid gets on his mic begging me not to kill him and to save him for last. I had my mic on and in a rare spur of wit, told him "The only free pass I'm handing out is to the afterlife" before grabbing him and doing the fire axe throw on him. He actually started balling and crying on the mic...genuinely felt a little bad at that point, but I felt better quickly once I saw another counselor to kill, who also happened to be the last one ?

• Like 2

I've heard the same things, people hurling insults because I didn't let them complete an objective. Or I killed them at the start of the match, or outsmarted them somehow. If you know they have knives and you slash them, you're cheap. If you shift+grab them, you're cheap. If you try and perform anything other than an environmental kill which may give them enough time to break free...yep, you're cheap. Even if there's a group of them trying to stun lock you and you go for a trusty choke or head punch.

Yet these players are the same ones who will resort to taunting you with exploits if given the chance. When I play I expect Jason to do the best he can, there's nothing rewarding about being let off the hook. It's a matter of respect between players, everyone does their best (legitimately), the challenge is what makes it fun. I hate the amount of sore losers online.

• Like 1

It is pretty common in public lobbies.<_<

1. Mostly it's squeakers and/or

2. Young teens.

I haven't ran into many adults like this, though there have been a few. :wacko:

You're a BAD Jason if you kill them, don't kill them, chase them, grab them, slash them, follow them first, don't find them fast enough, find them too fast, and a plethora of other pathetic reasons. I don't care. I'll kill them all just the same with a few exceptions:

1. You're glitched and need J's help to get out of it. I will pull you/slash you free and let you go (for now).

2. I see somebody team-injuring or killing someone else on purpose (not friends just screwing around or an accidental car hit). I will make instant karma happen (usually followed by a Waaahhh fest and a rage quit).

3. I don't typically spawn kill. Nobody wants to die in the first 1 minute or so of a match. I will do it if you are dumb enough to hang around after I have seen you and you refuse to leave while I'm in my trapping prep work. (most hide or run so it isn't too much of a problem)

• Like 2

Oh I get mad when I die more than I like. Mostly when I do absolutely nothing in the match and just die effortlessly. I don't blame the Jasons, always myself because I'm generally a decent player and probably have some personal issues I need to resolve with myself. XD 

Usually that's not the case thankfully though. And as Jason most people don't have a HUGE problem with me. There's usually just people that end the room when they die, although, someone did start calling me out for not trapping the phone or cars... I do it SOMETIMES but really I just enjoy chasing people so I didn't care but it was funny never thought I would hear that.

3 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

It is pretty common in public lobbies.<_<

1. Mostly it's squeakers and/or

2. Young teens.

I haven't ran into many adults like this, though there have been a few. :wacko:

You're a BAD Jason if you kill them, don't kill them, chase them, grab them, slash them, follow them first, don't find them fast enough, find them too fast, and a plethora of other pathetic reasons. I don't care. I'll kill them all just the same with a few exceptions:

1. You're glitched and need J's help to get out of it. I will pull you/slash you free and let you go (for now).

2. I see somebody team-injuring or killing someone else on purpose (not friends just screwing around or an accidental car hit). I will make instant karma happen (usually followed by a Waaahhh fest and a rage quit).

Oh there's definitely adults acting the same way. They're the ones that grind my gears. I can deal with it better if it's just kids being kids, though they are a large portion of the player base unfortunately. But an adult throwing tantrums like a child is just totally ridiculous. 

Those reasons you listed are so true though, well said. You're "bad" no matter what you do basically. 

27 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

3. I don't typically spawn kill. Nobody wants to die in the first 1 minute or so of a match. I will do it if you are dumb enough to hang around after I have seen you and you refuse to leave while I'm in my trapping prep work. (most hide or run so it isn't too much of a problem)

I spend the first few minutes dealing with objectives. Trapping phone and car, breaking doors and collecting knives. I don't chase unless you don't run away from the house I'm at. I had a dude get salty that I killed him after I broke the doors and windows out and he was still there. 

• Like 2