I ❤️ A.J.

What kind of beer do you drink?

On 12/26/2017 at 7:05 PM, TheHansonGoons said:

Hahahahaha you are adorable. And it tastes like watered-down Pilsner beers. 

You're too kind.

On 12/26/2017 at 7:11 PM, deathbat96777 said:

Hmmm, doesn't sound like it would whet my pallet.

It tastes like piss. Not PBR bad, but plain brown can that says "beer" bad.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

You're too kind.

It tastes like piss. Not PBR bad, but plain brown can that says "beer" bad.

I had initially written tastes like piss... 

If I am going to be white trash, throw me a Mickeys, PBR, or OE800. Otherwise I am going to drink a beer with taste.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

I had initially written tastes like piss... 

If I am going to be white trash, throw me a Mickeys, PBR, or OE800. Otherwise I am going to drink a beer with taste.

OE8-Ball tastes warm even when it’s ice-cold. Throw it in the freezer for a half hour, ice on the bottle, and it still tastes warm. Disgusting.

PBR is decent. Typical old style Milwaukee beer. Not every generation had craft beers, ya know?! :D

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LuckyDrunkTed said:

OE8-Ball tastes warm even when it’s ice-cold. Throw it in the freezer for a half hour, ice on the bottle, and it still tastes warm. Disgusting.

PBR is decent. Typical old style Milwaukee beer. Not every generation had craft beers, ya know?! :D

You aren't wrong about Olde E. She's a nasty one. I grew up on Schlitz, Red Dog and Old Milwaukee, as well as the infamous Yeti abdominal snowman, OM Ice. 

4 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

You aren't wrong about Olde E. She's a nasty one. I grew up on Schlitz, Red Dog and Old Milwaukee, as well as the infamous Yeti abdominal snowman, OM Ice. 

Well, then you know all about the beers made by old-world German immigrants who settled in Wisconsin. Haha.

Beast Light, IMO, is the best of that bunch, as I mentioned earlier in this thread. Still has taste, but inoffensive (doesn’t burn, doesn’t sit wrong, doesn’t fill you up, etc). It’s also extremely refreshing after being thrown into the freezer before drinking. Absolutely ace ice-cold! 🍺 🍺 🤟🏼

But again, I’ll drink whatever they’re serving at the after-hour places. Can’t complain there! 🤫 

Doing this tomorrow with some friends from Texas. It's a trip around the city with visits to different craft breweries. Not interested in going to the French Quarter on New Year's Weekend. I'd rather let somebody drive us around and let us get drunk! :D 

NOLA-Brew-Bus-e1502420656923.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Man Behind the Mask said:

I haven't been able to find it anywhere. Always wanted one since I first saw the label. What would you compare it to?

I recommend dirty boots hard chocolate orange! It's a seasonal thing but is definitely worth checking out 

Beer is bad for you. I have never smoked  or drink anything with alcohol in it (including beer). 😅

4 hours ago, IronKnight55 said:

Beer is bad for you. I have never smoked  or drink anything with alcohol in it (including beer). 😅

Everything in moderation...including moderation itself. Some of humanity's greatest achievements fall into the fermentation/distillation or tobacco categories; you're trapped here for less than a dozen decades with absolutely no way out before an inevitable death...why deny yourself a full human experience? Whether one indulges, and how much one indulges, are two very different questions.

On topic, I'm here because @Bropollocreed79's excellent post about dark beer weekdays and Islay single-malt weekend inspired me. My tastes are not dissimilar, though I never adhere to a fixed schedule. Anything in the porter, stout, or red sour ale categories are likely to make me happy...Anchor porter and just about any stout/porter from Rogue are staples for me in Hawaii, a land of limited beer choices. Dogfishhead Punkin is also tasty whenever I find myself back on the East Coast during autumn.

Outside beer, I'm with my namesake on the excellence of good Sauternes (if you haven't had an 1988, 89, or 90 d'Yquem or Suduiraut, do yourself a favor and track one down) and red Bordeaux. 5-6 putt. Tokaji and Malbecs are more of the same kind of greatness with slight twists. I have to quibble on the Lagavulin though...it's good, but not great to my taste. Ardbeg Corryvreckan, and Laphroaig 10 or 1/4 cask, are where Islay is at for me...even had the Laphroaig 30 over at Club Macanudo a few years ago, and it was just too smooth to taste like proper Islay. But as the saying goes, de gustibus non est disputandum.

46 minutes ago, Dr. Lecter said:

On topic, I'm here because @Bropollocreed79's excellent post about dark beer weekdays and Islay single-malt weekend inspired me. My tastes are not dissimilar, though I never adhere to a fixed schedule. Anything in the porter, stout, or red sour ale categories are likely to make me happy...Anchor porter and just about any stout/porter from Rogue are staples for me in Hawaii, a land of limited beer choices. Dogfishhead Punkin is also tasty whenever I find myself back on the East Coast during autumn

Bro, if it's available (which it should be out there), check out "The Abyss" by Dechutes (I get a semi every time I even think about it).

24 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

Bro, if it's available (which it should be out there), check out "The Abyss" by Dechutes (I get a semi every time I even think about it).

Yep, I've had the 2016 Abyss...very good stuff. Recall it being a bit like drinking a syrupy campfire, but without the overwhelming bourbon barrel taste many similar beers have. 

On an unrelated note, we have a lot of Belching Beaver out here. Their various milk stouts are all great, though I think my favorite in that category is still the good old Duckrabbit milk stout.

• Like 1

some of my usual beer choices,

Storm Light (they stock this at ALDI supermarkets, not sure if you guys in the US have those)

Budweiser

Coors

Leo

Stella Artois

James Squire 150 Lashes Pale Ale

We are known for own big love of beer here in Australia but i only really like James Squire out of our countries brands, mostly import stuff for me :)

I'm in the UK so we're really spoilt on the range of beer we can choose from, and the rise of the micropub which focuses on different beers changed frequently is fantastic! I never understood why people choose to drink the same beer over and over again. You wouldn't have the same thing for dinner every night.

One of my faves at the moment is Titanic's Plum Porter ... I don't normally go for dark beers but it really is sublime.

16 hours ago, Dr. Lecter said:

On an unrelated note, we have a lot of Belching Beaver out here. Their various milk stouts are all great, though I think my favorite in that category is still the good old Duckrabbit milk stout.

I just took this for a spin this week.  Pleasantly surprised, all things considered (actual color is darker than my soul):

Wolf King Warrior

6 hours ago, Blaisy-Bas said:

German beer, the only good beer.

becks+bottle.jpg

Sorry, mate.  Made in the U.S. now.  A cost-cutting procedure by Budweiser.  Beck's tastes like a$$ now thanks to that shyte move.

Don't believe me?  Check the label. (U.S. Beck's)

They've ruined it.

Anyway, I'm pretty torn up right now.  Took the advice of the elderly couple who were next to me at the bar a few hours ago and hit up the after-hours spot.  They were right.  It's a pretty cool place and the Heinekens are going down smooth.  Still, wish Ginny and Mark were here with me to chat up those silly camp legends and tip a few back.  I might be spending the night here at the rate I am going.  They are going to be so pissed at me tomorrow morning.  That's okay.  Live and learn.  Here's to another one!  Cheers!

Yup it’s brewed Missouri, St. Louis.

I don’t taste a difference and there is still a small Becks brewery in Bremen Germany where you can actually buy original Becks.