I ❤️ A.J.

What kind of beer do you drink?

On 8/21/2017 at 11:03 PM, I ❤️ A.J. said:

IMG_2445.JPG

This...or after I pay rent...Miller High Life.

5 hours ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

Diiiiiiiid you have a lot of beer, and then write that post? :D;)

Idk man.  I don't remember stuff no goods no more.  I gotta go get more beer now.

• Like 1

FP_0002_Kilt-Lifter-1.pngA relaxing beer (from Arizona where I live). Good all around.

ci_3620.png?auto=format,compress&fm=jpg&Common happiness again.

b312_moose_drool.jpg  A tasty side note. Hard to find.

170px-Guinness.jpg My favorite.

2 hours ago, Alkavian said:

b312_moose_drool.jpg  A tasty side note. Hard to find.

My buddy LOVES Moose Drool. I swore to him I was going to find it available in our area. I was wrong.

• Like 1

It is quite good, I only know two places to get it here. One them is a 3 hour round trip drive.

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 1:34 PM, lHeartBreakerl said:

I'm more of a smoker than drinker. But I never pass up a cold beer if offered.

Same here, I prefer weed more than anything.

Beer is cool, but in all honesty I'd rather just have liquor. It gives me a better buzz & on average tastes better, imo. Hell, now that I think of it I don't think I've had a beer for over a year now. Vodka and Gin (and no, I don't mean at the same time lol) is the way to go. ;)

• Like 2

Well today I went to a party and had my first beer hated it so I gave to my friend he had because he was drunk as hell

4 hours ago, Moe9999633 said:

Well today I went to a party and had my first beer hated it so I gave to my friend he had because he was drunk as hell

It's an aquired taste. Aka Stockholm syndrome.

But in all honesty, you don't drink beer for the taste ;)

On 8/23/2017 at 3:46 PM, Deeify said:

This...or after I pay rent...Miller High Life.

The champagne of beers!

Only got two favorites, Free and Free light.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

That particular Founders option hasn't made it to my area. Looks interesting

Has anyone tried Broken Skull IPA?  Not an IPA fan but I'm curious if it's worth a try.

5 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

It's an aquired taste. Aka Stockholm syndrome.

But in all honesty, you don't drink beer for the taste ;)

Then why drink it? you know what I'm just gonna stick coke and milkshakes 

4 hours ago, Moe9999633 said:

Then why drink it? you know what I'm just gonna stick coke and milkshakes 

Both taste much better than beer

A couple of years ago, I stumbled across Dragon's Milk from New Holland. It's a Bourbon-barrel stout. It instantly became my favorite and has been since. If I'm at a bar or restaurant, I'll go with a Shock Top or a Blue Moon.

Edit: I do actually drink beer for the taste. For the longest time, I wasn't a beer drinker because I never liked the taste. It wasn't until I found some that I liked that I became a beer drinker. Scotch, on the other hand, I learned to drink just to feel macho and then eventually acquired a taste for it. Plus, it's fun to watch a friend try one of my Islays for the first time. 

1 hour ago, Rexfellis said:

jRMHC9c.jpg?1

I had to take @I ❤️ A.J.'s advice and give it a shot. This is a damn fine ale! 

Yeah, they have a few variations of that too.  They got an Oaked Arrogant Bastard, a Double Bastard, and maybe a few more.  The Double Bastard is just more booze.

On 8/25/2017 at 8:45 AM, Moe9999633 said:

Don't worry.  You'll learn.  Actually maybe not.  In my experience, it's mostly men who like beer.  Women like fruity mixed stuff.

I actually hated my first beer.  My dad gave me a sip of his when I was 12.  He told me I'll learn to like it.  He was right.

18 minutes ago, I ❤️ A.J. said:

Yeah, they have a few variations of that too.  They got an Oaked Arrogant Bastard, a Double Bastard, and maybe a few more.  The Double Bastard is just more booze.

I've seen the Oaked variety. I got 2 of these, and 2 local IPA's. It was a 4-pack deal at my local grocery store.

16 minutes ago, Rexfellis said:

I've seen the Oaked variety. I got 2 of these, and 2 local IPA's. It was a 4-pack deal at my local grocery store.

Picked up some pumpkin for the upcoming season.

@Moe9999633 if you like pumpkin pie then you might like some of these.  That beer you had at the party was probably some watered down disgusting foul tasting college shit.  I'm all for cheap beer every once and a while when I'm on a budget, but there's some nasty shit out there.

Actually, I think you said you were 15 once.  Ignore what I said.  But yeah, there's a lot of different types of beers with different tastes and different brewing methods.  You might like some craftier stuff.

IMG_2501.PNG

3 hours ago, I ❤️ A.J. said:

@Moe9999633 if you like pumpkin pie then you might like some of these.  That beer you had at the party was probably some watered down disgusting foul tasting college shit.  I'm all for cheap beer every once and a while when I'm on a budget, but there's some nasty shit out there.

Actually, I think you said you were 15 once.  Ignore what I said.  But yeah, there's a lot of different types of beers with different tastes and different brewing methods.  You might like some craftier stuff.

IMG_2501.PNG

I will try and I'm 16 I shouldn't be drinking 

3 hours ago, I ❤️ A.J. said:

IMG_2501.PNG

Hmmm what other flavoured beers are out there. Maybe i will like stuff like this but not pumpkin

prima-pils-33.jpg?itok=bvXk7dDk

not gonna lie... i'm not picky and i usually drink miller lite, but i do enjoy some finer pilsners. this stuff is a little spendy but it's fantastic. 

10 hours ago, Davidt said:

Hmmm what other flavoured beers are out there. Maybe i will like stuff like this but not pumpkin

Well, as far as types, its generally split up into lagers and ales.  The difference is in the way it is fermented during the brewing process.

But then you have styles off of those types.  Brown, blonde, stout, porter, bock, wheat, cream, pale ale, strong ale.  Those are just a few.  And then you have American versions of those, German versions, English versions.  Each offering a different take on the style.

For someone who doesn't typically like beer, I would recommend something on the lighter side.  Like a wheat beer.  Those are typically easy to drink and are smooth and mild tasting.  Or something with a malty characteristic.  I would stay away from anything too hoppy.  That's an acquired taste.

They do have fruit beers too.  I'm not a fan of those though.

• Like 1

On 9/6/2017 at 5:50 AM, Davidt said:

If you aren't into beer specifically, you can try hard cider, it's beer adjacent. There are sweet and dry varieties and the specific apples pressed for the cider make a difference in the flavor.

I've come around on cider of late, after exploring the process involved in making it. I even had a good pub cider not long ago that had a tangy vinegar quality to it.

• Like 1