I ❤️ A.J.

What kind of beer do you drink?

86 posts in this topic

This is my "basic bitch beer" beer_473.jpg

This was a New Orleans original back in 1907. Was re-introduced recently. 141aae809055914bf31bd23789ac9138--beer-c

For when I want a taste of home. (Texas)8857333101_11.jpg

One of the many microbrews from Seattle, WA. I worked up there for a year. elysianbrewing-56e5f0be5f9b5854a9f92e26.

A good, strong (8.5 ABV) microbrew from Urban South Brewery here in Nola. There are many, but this is probably my favorite.  77d87310da925f17e0ba8b9ccba346f1--new-or

None because I'm not old enough :( to drink and I'm never going to drink :)

1 person likes this

Now THIS is a thread I can stretch out in. I live in an area with a blossoming micro scene, and I can't bring myself to swear allegiance to just one brewery. In the interest of the spirit of this thread, though, I'll go with what I am bringing home.

I'm in the market for a default beer that I always keep in stock, as I abandoned my old standby for personal reasons. Right now, the frontrunner is Red Oak.

red-oak-1.jpg

Lately I have been on a Gose kick, and have been enjoying these guys:

gose_westbrook.jpgOtraVez2016_Can_12oz-Rev3-4x6.pngANDERSON-VALLEY-GT-GOSE-6PK-CANS_Springf

This summer I have been getting Southern That's pack of pales. Has a 2xIPA, ipa, Tangier IPA and Live which my girl drinks the last one. In Fall, I get Full Point's Night of the Living Stout. Christmas time I get Great Lakes Christmas Ale and Troeg's Mad Elf. Also dig porters and stouts in cold weather. Another beer I enjoy in summer is Bell's Two Hearted Ale.

Ommengang's Game of thrones series have all been good. Also their beer 3 Philosophers.

1 person likes this

Holy shit these are some cool looking beers!   I've never even heard of most of these.  Not even sure if they would be available in my area.

Well, pumpkin beer season is coming up.  That's my favorite type of beer!  I can't wait to pick some up later.

Its been awhile since I've had this one, but I remember being blown away by it.

Fat+Jack+(2).JPG

1 person likes this

7 minutes ago, I ❤️ A.J. said:

Holy shit these are some cool looking beers!   I've never even heard of most of these.  Not even sure if they would be available in my area.

Well, pumpkin beer season is coming up.  That's my favorite type of beer!  I can't wait to pick some up later.

Its been awhile since I've had this one, but I remember being blown away by it.

You know it's funny: When fall rolls around, I'm looking forward to Oktoberfests and Pumpkin beers, but by the time it's over, I'm begrudgingly finishing off the last of them because I'm a cheapskate and refuse to throw away drinkable beer, but would rather drink out of the toilet. I don't know if it's overexposure or if my interest really has THAT short of a shelf life.

19 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

You know it's funny: When fall rolls around, I'm looking forward to Oktoberfests and Pumpkin beers, but by the time it's over, I'm begrudgingly finishing off the last of them because I'm a cheapskate and refuse to throw away drinkable beer, but would rather drink out of the toilet. I don't know if it's overexposure or if my interest really has THAT short of a shelf life.

I actually just picked up goose islands Oktoberfest.

GOOSE-FEST-BIER.jpg

8 minutes ago, I ❤️ A.J. said:

I actually just picked up goose islands Oktoberfest.

I haven't had theirs. I'll keep an eye out for it.

13 hours ago, Rexfellis said:

This is my "basic bitch beer" beer_473.jpg

This was a New Orleans original back in 1907. Was re-introduced recently. 141aae809055914bf31bd23789ac9138--beer-c

For when I want a taste of home. (Texas)8857333101_11.jpg

One of the many microbrews from Seattle, WA. I worked up there for a year. elysianbrewing-56e5f0be5f9b5854a9f92e26.

A good, strong (8.5 ABV) microbrew from Urban South Brewery here in Nola. There are many, but this is probably my favorite.  77d87310da925f17e0ba8b9ccba346f1--new-or

That Finial looks real good.

17 minutes ago, PowellCampsNAKED said:

Tall Boys!!

Pint_2_large.jpg?v=1494010196

So that's what u been drinking every time I see u say I need a beer a tall boy on here lol

12 minutes ago, Davidt said:

So that's what u been drinking every time I see u say I need a beer a tall boy on here lol

Yes but the light ones 

12 hours ago, I ❤️ A.J. said:

One time I drank a lot of beer, and then I went night night.

Diiiiiiiid you have a lot of beer, and then write that post? :D;)

A much shorter list is beers I don't drink.

455bab31-5ee7-4c84-a7fe-9b5461c8052c_1.0

2 people like this

7 minutes ago, JPops said:

A much shorter list is beers I don't drink.

455bab31-5ee7-4c84-a7fe-9b5461c8052c_1.0

I once watched an old woman drink an O'Doul's through a straw. To this day, I still haven't figured out how to properly file that memory.

I've only ever tried beer once and it was Heineken. Not bad, but definitely not the best thing I've ever tasted. Alcohol in general is not really my thing

5 minutes ago, deathbat96777 said:

I've only ever tried beer once and it was Heineken. Not bad, but definitely not the best thing I've ever tasted. Alcohol in general is not really my thing

I'm more of a smoker than drinker. But I never pass up a cold beer if offered.

I prefer a stout of any kind really. The Darker the better. It's funny because once I got used to them the ones I used to enjoy became less enjoyable because they lacked the abject bitterness and flavor. It was like going from smoking Full Flavor Cigarettes to ultra lights. Not bad but just....not as good? Barring that though Shiner is always a welcome friend and brewed just a couple of hours SE of here. So we usually get all the good stuff.

1 person likes this