Jason's Victim

Reviewing F13 movies as I watch them

In this thread I will be giving my thoughts on every F13 starting at Part 2 as I watch them. (Might go back to the original 1980 version). So far only planning on reviewing 1-8, but if people like these reviews I will consider JGTH,X,JVF, and the Reboot

I will not give a numbered rating such as scale from 1 to 10 as I personally believe that is a highly inaccurate way of rating and reviewing a film.

I will give my thought on how much I like the Jason, the characters, the final girl, and of course the movie as a whole.

So if you want to follow my journey watching and reviewing each movie follow this thread. :)

At the end I will rank the movies from what worst to best imo and rank the final girls the same way

Feel free to comment on my "reviews" or ask any questions 

Just got done with Part 2. Overall I really enjoyed this movie. I liked the feeling of seeing them being stalked without really knowing it, It gave me Halloween vibes. Every had some sense of fear throughout the movie of "What if Jason is REAL" and seeing their worst thoughts coming to reality. 

This movie was made in 1981 so I will give it some leeway, but I wish we saw more Jason during the movie, instead of these first person or off screen kills. I did however like the first person view when it came to showing Jason stalking waiting for the right moment to attack. This Jason kind just stumbled everywhere at the end and made it feel like your clumsy little brother is going on a rampage. Eh, it is his first killing spree so at least he is learning at this point.

Final Girl, Ginny Fields was what I say AMAZE-BALLS quite literally. She just gives off such a amazing vibe as she is sweet, smart, and just fucking badass. Even though she doesn't fight Jason as much she makes up for it and more with her use of wit. Outsmarting Jason at every turn and how can we forgot about that ICONIC shall I say KICK TO THE BALLS. GODDAMN that had to hurt. Don't mess with Ginny guys she will kill our unborn children. Her use of that nasty ass sweater was amazing too. "Mother is talking to you". As soon as that motherfucker would have got on his knees I would have knocked him down with a swift headbutt with my crotch, screamed "How's my dick taste bitch?!?!?!" and stabbed him in the face with the machete. I have a feeling Ginny is one of the most liked Final girls. Will she be one of mine? Most likely, but I will not say till I am done with the series

We don't get to know the characters all that well except they like alcohol and sex :)\

That is the end for my first review. Never publicly reviewed qa movie b4 and I had lots of fun doing it. Hopefully I did a halfway decent job. I will most likely get to Part 3 later tonight. See y'all then :)

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts. 

Many of us have lived with these movies for a long time, and the memory of first viewing is faded. This reinvigorates me, and probably others too!

i hope you keep watching and reporting!  

• Like 1

Just now, Definitelynotjason said:

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts. 

Many of us have lived with these movies for a long time, and the memory of first viewing is faded. This reinvigorates me, and probably others too!

i hope you keep watching and reporting!  

Thanks! I will continue. About to start Part 3 soon so stay tuned. I enjoy this so much :)

• Like 1

This is fun. Knowing what is ahead but waiting to hear your opinion. After you go through them, you may pick different final girls and different Jason's. There are a couple that I can't wait to see what you write and how you feel. I won't put my opinions here as this is your car and you are driving Man! It's a thrill ride reading you going through them

Cool thread! I just went through the series with my teenage sons and it gave me a chance to see them through fresh eyes. I'm glad you're sharing that experience with the community, @Jason's Victim.

59 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

This is fun. Knowing what is ahead but waiting to hear your opinion. After you go through them, you may pick different final girls and different Jason's. There are a couple that I can't wait to see what you write and how you feel. I won't put my opinions here as this is your car and you are driving Man! It's a thrill ride reading you going through them

I am so glad you are enjoying!  Ididn't expect anyone to give a hoot about my opinions. If you want to post your opinions on movies I already review go ahead :) That goes for anyone tbh

48 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

Cool thread! I just went through the series with my teenage sons and it gave me a chance to see them through fresh eyes. I'm glad you're sharing that experience with the community, @Jason's Victim.

Thanks! Hopefully your sons enjoyed it :) I am delighted to share my experience

PART 3 OFFICIALLY COMPLETED! 

Overall this movie was FAN flippin' TASTIC! I loved the way it balanced gore and action with a subtle storyline. The only time I took my eyes off the screen was to get food because...c'mon FOOD IS BAE. My hand literally fell asleep twice maybe three times because I was just laying their with my head on my hand staring at the screen. Might even have broken a personal record for most time without blinking.

Despite the movie being great, I actually found this Jason quite boring to watch and just look at. Part 2 might have been clumsy but he was fun to watch. This Jason kinda was just this slow human in a mask stabbing people. Michael Myers is kinda like that too but he is still fun to watch. Don't get me wrong though this Jason might have been boring but the killing in this movie was way better than the last one starting with we get to see Jason doing most of the killing in this movie other than some first person, off screen, or just a hand popping outta nowhere and stabbing you type of kill.

I fucking LOVE Chris Higgins...that's it!

Ok, that isn't all I have to say. We actually get to know Chris on a emotional,personal, and psychological level. We get to see the scarring she has endured over the years from her previous attack and how she deals with it. She isn't just the final girl who outwits and beats Jason she is a strong woman who proves it by coming back to the place she fears the most. Let's get the the Jason beatdown now, shall we? First off she stabs this big ass mofo in the hand but THAT AIN'T IT. She lunges at him like a damn Rhino and starts swingin the knife at him a good like 5 or 6 times ultimately stabbing his ass in the leg. What better way of escaping Jason than a car I know this big ass dude can't run faster than that right. Yup, but due to some dumbass bikers who I found much joy watching die (except Fox..I like her) the car runs outta gas 20 feet away from a SERIAL KILLER! Nothing to fear though because my girl Chris makes him think TWICE next time he wants to reach in HER car. Hide and seek is fun but you might just get a concussion playing it with Chris because she like a badass she drops down right on his neck. KAPOW! 2 minutes later and Jason is knocked out and hangin from a rope. Have I mentioned she is a muthafuckin badass?!?!?! One axe later Jason is down and my girl has officially WHOOPED THAT ASS! She has done this twice mind I add.

Unlike Part 2 we get to know the characters a bit. TBH most of them were annoying. Only one I liked were Chris, Rick..kinda, and Fox. FIGHT ME on that last one. I also have to add the acting was a lot worse than Part 2 in my honest opinion. Especially I think it was Julie (don't quote me on that) going "Oh my god, oh my god, Shelly's dead, oh my god!"

Yayyy officially done with Part 3 and many more to come. Thanks everyone for the kind words on my previous review of Part 2. Hopefully you guys enjoy this just as much, if not more :) Next review will be tomorrow morning or afternoon, but I will try to watch it tonight since it is better at night.

9 hours ago, Jason's Victim said:

PART 3 OFFICIALLY COMPLETED! 

Overall this movie was FAN flippin' TASTIC! I loved the way it balanced gore and action with a subtle storyline. The only time I took my eyes off the screen was to get food because...c'mon FOOD IS BAE. My hand literally fell asleep twice maybe three times because I was just laying their with my head on my hand staring at the screen. Might even have broken a personal record for most time without blinking.

Despite the movie being great, I actually found this Jason quite boring to watch and just look at. Part 2 might have been clumsy but he was fun to watch. This Jason kinda was just this slow human in a mask stabbing people. Michael Myers is kinda like that too but he is still fun to watch. Don't get me wrong though this Jason might have been boring but the killing in this movie was way better than the last one starting with we get to see Jason doing most of the killing in this movie other than some first person, off screen, or just a hand popping outta nowhere and stabbing you type of kill.

I fucking LOVE Chris Higgins...that's it!

Ok, that isn't all I have to say. We actually get to know Chris on a emotional,personal, and psychological level. We get to see the scarring she has endured over the years from her previous attack and how she deals with it. She isn't just the final girl who outwits and beats Jason she is a strong woman who proves it by coming back to the place she fears the most. Let's get the the Jason beatdown now, shall we? First off she stabs this big ass mofo in the hand but THAT AIN'T IT. She lunges at him like a damn Rhino and starts swingin the knife at him a good like 5 or 6 times ultimately stabbing his ass in the leg. What better way of escaping Jason than a car I know this big ass dude can't run faster than that right. Yup, but due to some dumbass bikers who I found much joy watching die (except Fox..I like her) the car runs outta gas 20 feet away from a SERIAL KILLER! Nothing to fear though because my girl Chris makes him think TWICE next time he wants to reach in HER car. Hide and seek is fun but you might just get a concussion playing it with Chris because she like a badass she drops down right on his neck. KAPOW! 2 minutes later and Jason is knocked out and hangin from a rope. Have I mentioned she is a muthafuckin badass?!?!?! One axe later Jason is down and my girl has officially WHOOPED THAT ASS! She has done this twice mind I add.

Unlike Part 2 we get to know the characters a bit. TBH most of them were annoying. Only one I liked were Chris, Rick..kinda, and Fox. FIGHT ME on that last one. I also have to add the acting was a lot worse than Part 2 in my honest opinion. Especially I think it was Julie (don't quote me on that) going "Oh my god, oh my god, Shelly's dead, oh my god!"

Yayyy officially done with Part 3 and many more to come. Thanks everyone for the kind words on my previous review of Part 2. Hopefully you guys enjoy this just as much, if not more :) Next review will be tomorrow morning or afternoon, but I will try to watch it tonight since it is better at night.

The cliche hippie stoners crack me up, yet I couldn't wait to see them die. I think they developed Shelly real well and made audiences sympathize with him. Personally, this Jason and Part 7 are my favorites for looks. This Jason looked massive and I like his clothes better than bluegrass Jason in Part two. My friends and I used to play a drinking game to this one for every kill, body trap, and anytime a part was clearly supposed to be in 3D but it didn't transfer well. The disco soundtrack gets me every time. I agree, Chris is one of my two favorite final girls. I am glad you noted her past struggles and how much she fought. I actually kind of liked the black biker. I think the way he got back up to fight Jason showed how BA he is. The scene where he steps in front of the car with the chain on his knuckle was intense to me when I first saw this one. 

Will you add some of your favorite kill scenes for me? A lot to this point have been the Psycho, Halloween style you mention where it is a simple stabbing or off camera hand doing the killing in first person, but they will start getting much more creative.

1 hour ago, TheHansonGoons said:

The cliche hippie stoners crack me up, yet I couldn't wait to see them die. I think they developed Shelly real well and made audiences sympathize with him. Personally, this Jason and Part 7 are my favorites for looks. This Jason looked massive and I like his clothes better than bluegrass Jason in Part two. My friends and I used to play a drinking game to this one for every kill, body trap, and anytime a part was clearly supposed to be in 3D but it didn't transfer well. The disco soundtrack gets me every time. I agree, Chris is one of my two favorite final girls. I am glad you noted her past struggles and how much she fought. I actually kind of liked the black biker. I think the way he got back up to fight Jason showed how BA he is. The scene where he steps in front of the car with the chain on his knuckle was intense to me when I first saw this one. 

Will you add some of your favorite kill scenes for me? A lot to this point have been the Psycho, Halloween style you mention where it is a simple stabbing or off camera hand doing the killing in first person, but they will start getting much more creative.

Thanks for sharing your opinions with me! :) That is a great idea btw to add the best and lamest kills in each review. If you are wondering my favorite kill scenes from Part 2 were Andy getting spit down the middle and Rick getting a CLOSER look at the audience lul. I am so glad you are still enjoying this as well.

I wanted to spread out the days of my reviews like do 2 a day for the 8 movies so a total 4 days of reviewing but I am loving the movies so much I will most likely do like 3 or 4 today and 1 or 2 tomorrow. Now I kinda wish I would include the last 4 "bonus" movies as I call them but I am debating if I should rent them all. I would just watch as many as I want today and review 2 today and 2 tomorrow but my memory SUCKS tbh. Eh at least I will go back to the 1980 version so I guess there will be at least 2 tomorrow :)

Edit: Maybe at the end of doing the original 8 I will have you guys vote on which "bonus" movie I should watch (JGTH,X,JvF,or Reboot)

Mission Part 4 was a success! Overall this movie got my blood pumpin' like no other. I feel they really nailed the feeling of suspense that a great slasher should always have. Like Part 3 it was hard for me to take my eyes off the screen, but I do feel Part 3 pulled me in a little more than this movie...just slightly.

I REALLY enjoyed this Jason a lot more than Part 3, even though it is the same one mere days later. Hmmm I guess a long slumber can make you a more lively killer. He just seemed so much..well..into it this time. Last time I felt he looked like "ugh, my mommy is making me do this". This time he is like "GODDAMN, thank you mommy for telling me to do this, THIS SHIT IS FUN!". The killing aspect of this movie was definitely my favorite of the three movies I have seen thus far. I really felt like they tried to make some fun, and unique kills to make this one POP OUT. We also get to see full body Jason a lot especially towards the end but we will get more on that in a sec. I have to give the best kill of this movie to the girl who got killed on the raft (Yes, I forgot her name). The worst kill and pretty much everyone's least favorite if I had to guess is Mrs. Jarvis's death. It was literally completely off screen. For all we know she could of saw a spider and screamed and hid in the bushes for the remainder of the movie.

I swear all these Final Girls are mf BADASSES! Trish Higgins was the perfect showcase of bravery. She proves to be the bravest of the final girls so far in my opinion. First, she smashes him over the head with a TV. Then risks her life by running to the other house so Tommy can get away. Then exposes Jason to one of the worst pains EVER;cutting the area between his fingers. OUCH! The most badass moment I have seen yet in these movies HAS to be Trish jumping through that second story window. GODDAMN I fell in love right there. Of course she then runs back home in a final showdown, where you think Trish is dead for sure, but NOPE. Tommy comes in with that voodoo magic shit. Which then lets Trish knock off the mask. Which lets Tommie go SUPER SAYAIN on his ass. I do feel she was the least developed final girl so far character wise,but she might just be the most, we all know what I am gonna say, BADASS of them. We will just have to see. I LOVE the relationship between Tommy and Trish we see throughout. Especially while they face their most difficult challenge yet, testing their bond with each other.

TBH we don't get to know much about any of the other characters in the movie except sex,pot, oh and I forgot to mention SEX. Oh no I didn't well I will keep it there anyways. I will say my favorite characters other than Tommy and Trish are that one blonde guy that has SEX with Tina (I am so bad with name, FORGIVE ME!) only because of those SICK dance moves and the guy with black hair that kept screaming "HE'S KILLING ME HE'S KILLING ME!" One last thing before I go. Anyone else found that look Tommy gave to the camera at the end to be like "Oh you think I am done? NOPE, I am gonna be in the next two movies bitches" (I only know this from YT tbh) 

Yayyyyyyy another review done. I am too young for arthritis so next review will be at nighttime so STAY TUNED!

Sorry that I only did 1 review yesterday. Pretty sure most of you know what it is like to be busy. I should be doing 5 and 6 today. One of the least liked and most liked in the same day. SHOULD BE INTERESTING! See y'all soon

I just finished Part 5 and I am EXTREMELY disappointed with this movie. I actually thought I would enjoy this movie because it kinda reminded me of one of my favorite cartoons, Scooby Doo. You know with the whole OMG who's the killer approach, but it felt like a good concept that was POORLY executed. The plot was a complete snoozefest to me. One of the main things that ruined it was that is was freaking obvious who the killer was. 3 more things left to say about the movie overall till we get to Jason, Final, and characters. First the idea of "Oh, he is killing everyone because his son who he abandoned got killed by some maniac" is just ridiculous. Second, him killing innocent teens in a special needs home and a old man doesn't sit well with me tbh. Especially since he tried to kill Reggie, who is like 12. The real Jason might be crazy but deep inside he knows his limits. Last but not least THAT ENDING WAS ONE OF THE FUCKING DUMBEST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE!!!

This "Jason" was GODDAMN boring. He was small, and slow. His mask didn't even fit properly. Something that confused me was obviously we don't see his hair because he is wear a full mask that covers his entire head, but when he falls on the spikes the whole thing comes off. WTF! Enough about wannabe Jason. The killing in the movie was bloody awful. I don't remember a single kill that even showed Jason during the kill just his hand. Not even a quick glance at his face before just to be like "Hey guys it's me killing this black guy in a portapotty or gouging the eyes of this naked girl after sex". Last thing! How the hell did he catch up to Reggie and Pam so fast when they went to the police car.

Time for final girl. Can Pam even be considered a final girl? Don't get me wrong I actually liked Pam a lot as a character, and was happy she lived. On the other hand she did kinda failed at everything she did. When running from Jason she fell and couldn't get up for some unknown reason so Reggie had to help by hitting him with a uhhhhh tractor? Then when getting him with the chainsaw somehow she couldn't do anything but cut his arm because you know machetes are great at blocking chainsaws I guess. Lastly she tried to fight Jason with what seemed liked a broom for some reason. But she is pretty at least she has that going for her. Will ANY of these movies have a final girl who isn't saved by some male ugh?

The characters are simple. I didn't love any of them but didn't hate of them. Actually I loved Reggie and Pam but that is it. Before I go why were their so many boobs in this one?

11 minutes ago, Davidt said:

Boobs are the normal in horror movies lol some do have more boob showings than others though

I mean I have ZERO NADA ZILCH problem with it ;) but c'mon some of it was unnecessary like that one girl going to bed half naked (I still suck with names. Wasn't her name like Robin? lul) and just a desperate to make people ACTUALLY want to watch it. 

Just now, Jason's Victim said:

I mean I have ZERO NADA ZILCH problem with it ;) but c'mon some of it was unnecessary like that one girl going to bed half naked (I still suck with names. Wasn't her name like Robin? lul) and just a desperate to make people ACTUALLY want to watch it. 

Yeah i remember the scene cant remember that characters name though. Thats when she just takes top off and climbs in bed next to dead body was it? i dont think it necessary for characters to sleep topless

40 minutes ago, Davidt said:

Yeah i remember the scene cant remember that characters name though. Thats when she just takes top off and climbs in bed next to dead body was it? i dont think it necessary for characters to sleep topless

Yeah or in part 4 when they are watching an old time porno like WTF. One thing I can say about this franchise is they know how to reel in horny teens

1 hour ago, Jason's Victim said:

Yeah or in part 4 when they are watching an old time porno like WTF. One thing I can say about this franchise is they know how to reel in horny teens

Like I said seems to be common for horror movies or anything these days really that's rated Ma or R. 

As saying goes "sex sells"

On August 23, 2017 at 3:27 PM, Jason's Victim said:

I just finished Part 5 and I am EXTREMELY disappointed with this movie. I actually thought I would enjoy this movie because it kinda reminded me of one of my favorite cartoons, Scooby Doo. You know with the whole OMG who's the killer approach, but it felt like a good concept that was POORLY executed. The plot was a complete snoozefest to me. One of the main things that ruined it was that is was freaking obvious who the killer was. 3 more things left to say about the movie overall till we get to Jason, Final, and characters. First the idea of "Oh, he is killing everyone because his son who he abandoned got killed by some maniac" is just ridiculous. Second, him killing innocent teens in a special needs home and a old man doesn't sit well with me tbh. Especially since he tried to kill Reggie, who is like 12. The real Jason might be crazy but deep inside he knows his limits. Last but not least THAT ENDING WAS ONE OF THE FUCKING DUMBEST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE!!!

This "Jason" was GODDAMN boring. He was small, and slow. His mask didn't even fit properly. Something that confused me was obviously we don't see his hair because he is wear a full mask that covers his entire head, but when he falls on the spikes the whole thing comes off. WTF! Enough about wannabe Jason. The killing in the movie was bloody awful. I don't remember a single kill that even showed Jason during the kill just his hand. Not even a quick glance at his face before just to be like "Hey guys it's me killing this black guy in a portapotty or gouging the eyes of this naked girl after sex". Last thing! How the hell did he catch up to Reggie and Pam so fast when they went to the police car.

Time for final girl. Can Pam even be considered a final girl? Don't get me wrong I actually liked Pam a lot as a character, and was happy she lived. On the other hand she did kinda failed at everything she did. When running from Jason she fell and couldn't get up for some unknown reason so Reggie had to help by hitting him with a uhhhhh tractor? Then when getting him with the chainsaw somehow she couldn't do anything but cut his arm because you know machetes are great at blocking chainsaws I guess. Lastly she tried to fight Jason with what seemed liked a broom for some reason. But she is pretty at least she has that going for her. Will ANY of these movies have a final girl who isn't saved by some male ugh?

The characters are simple. I didn't love any of them but didn't hate of them. Actually I loved Reggie and Pam but that is it. Before I go why were their so many boobs in this one?

I'm not going to defend Part 5 because it's a love-it-or-hate-it movie but I did want to mention that Jason kills a pregnant woman in Part 3 and it's insinuated he sexually assaulted Chris. My point being that the franchise generally lacks tact and if you're looking for a more modern social narrative you won't find it in these films, at least not until the later ones.

The kids are in a halfway house, not necessarily a special needs home. They're transitioning back into the community and society as whole. The majority of them appear to have mental illness issues as opposed to any sort of mental disability. I agree 100% though that they're all innocent. They are probably the most innocent batch of teens in the entire series.

The nudity is about on par with what was happening in slasher films at the time. The extended nude shots of Tina are probably the most surprising to me- they always seemed out of place but I think I saw in the Crystal Lake Memories documentary that she was a former Playboy Playmate and the director was pushing for more nudity throughout the film.

On 9/30/2017 at 11:58 AM, NthnButAGoodTime said:

Hey, @Jason's Victim! What happened?! You stopped at Part 5! Where did you go?!

Yeah I watched all the movies but stopped at 5 because being a 14 year old student at the time trying to watch and give a multi paragraph review on each one was pretty draining. Hey, I dread even righting my English papers lol. Of course this was more fun though. I might go back sometime and re-watch them and continue my reviews at a later time.

Just now, TonySAV17 said:

@Jason's Victim My personal favorite were 6, 7, 8, and 9.  Part 3 and 4 were ok, other than that, rest sucked. 

Cool dude! Tbh that is a very unpopular opinion but uniqueness is awesome so screw it :)

My faves are 3,4,6,. I like all of them to an extent, but 5 is the only one that was completely bleh to me