tyrant666

If The New Map Is The Jarvis Home/Party House With Recycled Cabins...Is That Enough Or Too Easy Or Should It Have More?

Some have speculated the new map might be based off Part 5. While others have apparently heard of a rumored leak about Part 4 possibly being the new map plus Part 4 Jason.

When you look at the maps. They all have iconic locations from the films...as well as a bunch of recycled cabin clusters.

Higgins Haven has the barn, the house, the dock, the outhouse etc minus the basement. All the iconic locations from that film in that area. Everything else is cabins and the shack.

Packanack has all the iconic locations from Part 2. The shore line, the lodge, the road and its cluster of cabins, etc. Everything else is the recycled cabins.

Crystal Lake has all the iconic locations from the original film, minus maybe the generator cabin. The shoreline, the docks, the cabins that look identical to the film, the bathroom, archery range, etc. Everything is the recycled cabins.

So should we expect more from a Part 4 map? As in not just the Jarvis home, the party house plus a bunch of cabins? Should they map it based off what Mrs Jarvis said about running around the entire lake? What if Crystal Lake is literally the ENTIRE CENTER of the map, with the Jarvis house, the party house and other locations spread around the outside of the lake? Obviously for film accuracy. The Jarvis House and party house need to be in close proximity to one another. This would be a very claustrobic design since counselors can only run away from Jason in a straight line in either direction, unless they want to swim. Obviously two areas would lead out of the water for the boat escape.

Also, if it is indeed Part 4. I definitely want some new environmental kills.

In the party house kitchen. Jason should be able to grab a cork screw and shove it into the players face or hand, then use a meat cleaver to finish him/her off.

Another one should be Jason should be allowed to toss a player out of the window, on top of a non movable/drivable station wagon like he does to one of the twins in the film.

So is what I  described enough or should it be more? Like the design I mentioned?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

Another one should be Jason should be allowed to toss a player out of the window, on top of a non movable/drivable station wagon like he does to one of the twins in the film.

It might be cool if Jason could actually destroy one of the escape cars, but only by throwing a female counsellor out of the window onto it. So it would have to be a specific set of circumstances, kinda like how there are specific steps involved to kill Jason. Just spitballing ideas here, lol. ;)

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

Some have speculated the new map might be based off Part 5. While others have apparently heard of a rumored leak about Part 4 possibly being the new map plus Part 4 Jason.

When you look at the maps. They all have iconic locations from the films...as well as a bunch of recycled cabin clusters.

Higgins Haven has the barn, the house, the dock, the outhouse etc minus the basement. All the iconic locations from that film in that area. Everything else is cabins and the shack.

Packanack has all the iconic locations from Part 2. The shore line, the lodge, the road and its cluster of cabins, etc. Everything else is the recycled cabins.

Crystal Lake has all the iconic locations from the original film, minus maybe the generator cabin. The shoreline, the docks, the cabins that look identical to the film, the bathroom, archery range, etc. Everything is the recycled cabins.

So should we expect more from a Part 4 map? As in not just the Jarvis home, the party house plus a bunch of cabins? Should they map it based off what Mrs Jarvis said about running around the entire lake? What if Crystal Lake is literally the ENTIRE CENTER of the map, with the Jarvis house, the party house and other locations spread around the outside of the lake? Obviously for film accuracy. The Jarvis House and party house need to be in close proximity to one another. This would be a very claustrobic design since counselors can only run away from Jason in a straight line in either direction, unless they want to swim. Obviously two areas would lead out of the water for the boat escape.

Also, if it is indeed Part 4. I definitely want some new environmental kills.

In the party house kitchen. Jason should be able to grab a cork screw and shove it into the players face or hand, then use a meat cleaver to finish him/her off.

So is what I  described enough or should it be more? Like the design I mentioned?

First of all, I don't think yoy should post the leak that was on the official page, even one guy created a thread in Reddit about that and Gun delete it. Now talking about the leaked map, I think it will be like all maps like Jarvis House as "the big cabin" and a lots of cabins outside like Higgins Haven. Maybe devs put something new like a Gas Station on the road (since Jarvis House I think is close to the town) or something like that.

I'm hoping if we see a Part 4 map it includes both houses- some iconic stuff happened in both. Visiting Tommy's room would be pretty cool. Or the "He's killing me!" basement of the party house (though I could see them skipping the basement). What's interesting about both places is that they're houses and not cabins. I do imagine we'll end up with a bunch of generic cabins in the area though.

Edit:

@PlayerAgainstTheMachine I'd rather talk about a possible leak than some fucking dots. :) We'll just say it may or may not have been a leak. Nothing's confirmed.

• Like 1

I like what you have suggested, but I would prefer a mashup of 3 and 4. An altered Higgins map. Center point being the lake, some of the campsite, the barn a little closer to the lake and the 2 houses on 1 side and perhaps a small section of town on the other.

Just now, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

It's almost confirmed dude I mean, it was on the URL of the new map page.

I agree but let's pretend it's not so we can discuss it ambiguously. ;) 

There's a dock somewhat near the party house/renal property, so an inlet of the lake is near both houses. One of the problems is Pamela's grave stone is on the Part 3 map, where it should have been on the part 4 map. Maybe they'll update the Part 3 map to get rid of that gravestone and put it on the Part 4 map.

21 minutes ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

It's almost confirmed dude I mean, it was on the URL of the new map page.

spoileralert.gif

Ok, back to hot Roy talk! I want my Roy talk back.

On the other hand,

Angry running rage demon Jason is ok!

For the map, we could see maybe 2 houses in close proximity. Recreating the survival dash from 4 would be nice.

Add the skinny dip spot. further away.

Rob Dier's camp. Possible spawn for gun. 50/50 chance it is not there.

Could have a boat launch building.

there could be other cottages along the trail. We never see them in movie but it makes sens unless this lake is smaller than the drainage pond behind my local Walmart. There are about t6en houses ringing it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Definitelynotjason said:

Ok, back to hot Roy talk! I want my Roy talk back.

On the other hand,

Angry running rage demon Jason is ok!

For the map, we could see maybe 2 houses in close proximity. Recreating the survival dash from 4 would be nice.

Add the skinny dip spot. further away.

Rob Dier's camp. Possible spawn for gun. 50/50 chance it is not there.

Could have a boat launch building.

there could be other cottages along the trail. We never see them in movie but it makes sens unless this lake is smaller than the drainage pond behind my local Walmart. There are about t6en houses ringing it.

I kind of had my hopes up for Roy...

To be honest i prefer a real jason to an impersonator. That said. I do want Roy as well, but not before Jason IV. A little biased though as The Final Chapter is my favorite in the series. But Roy will be awesome too when we finally get him.

23 minutes ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

Ok let's pretend!

Uhhh...is that Pedo-Bear pretending to be "The Pretend Spirit?!?" Man! :blink:There have been some scary-ass kids' shows over the years!

I thnk Pt. 4 and Pt. 5 Jason ( and Roy), and locations are the only ones that make sense, given the time frame. Same camp setting on a lake, neither Jason model would need a complete overhaul, and the stats for both are fairly self evident. I would be happy with either one.

Is there a leak about the new map? Is it part 4 or part 5 Jason and maps we are getting?

3 minutes ago, Rexfellis said:

Uhhh...is that Pedo-Bear pretending to be "The Pretend Spirit?!?" Man! :blink:There have been some scary-ass kids' shows over the years!

I thnk Pt. 4 and Pt. 5 Jason ( and Roy), and locations are the only ones that make sense, given the time frame. Same camp setting on a lake, neither Jason model would need a complete overhaul, and the stats for both are fairly self evident. I would be happy with either one.

Yeah pretty creepy, yet intriguingly hilarious all at once. Kids shows are fairly dark feelimg looking back lol.

Also with Crystal Lake in the Center of the map, taking up a large majority of the map. It would make Part 7 Jason in particular much more meaty on a map where he can use the water to move around the map without a cool down while all the counselors are forced around the outside of the lake.

Provided none of the Jasons get any sort of overhauls in gameplay.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tyrant666 said:

Also with Crystal Lake in the Center of the map, taking up a large majority of the map. It would make Part 7 Jason in particular much more meaty on a map where he can use the water to move around the map without a cool down.

Provided none of the Jasons get any sort of overhauls in gameplay.

That is a good point. Pt. 7 Jason would be able to control the map better if the lake was in the center and the cabins/houses were placed all around it. I hope they don't overhaul any Jason stats. I think the Jasons are set up in a way that they suit different playstyles. Jason 7 just happens to be the one that requires strategy over brute force. But, it would fun to have a map where he could use his water speed to a better advantage.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheButtonMasher said:

I aint beliving its part 4 until I get some evidence. HARD evidence.

Same

18 minutes ago, TheButtonMasher said:

8 minutes ago, Redcat345 said:

Same

Well, I can guarantee one thing...you will both have some hard evidence in 54 days! ;)

30 minutes ago, TheButtonMasher said:

20 minutes ago, Redcat345 said:

Same

The map name was in the URL of the new website.

4 minutes ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

The map name was

Maybe best not to post this as it was quickly changed and the reddit that mentioned this was delelted. I would rather not see everything here get locked down.

Suffice to say, Roy eta is TBD. Other stuff is likely before, but no one has said for sure yet.

I say let Gun have their fun with announcing stuff.

35 minutes ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

Huh. Unfortuately I cant find a pic so I still aint buying.

1 hour ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

What was it?