Mr. Blonde

Jason is now NERFED and WEAKER Next Patch...

95 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Definitelynotjason said:

Am I the only one who thought of the missed connections section of Craig's List?

Is that still a thing?

I kill 3/7 not exploiting. I would kill 3/7 exploiting.

I enjoy killing 3/7. I do not enjoy pissing people off... unless they have pissed me off. I am human after all. I will continue to not exploit.

You don't have to exploit to piss people off. Playing fairly as the game is intended will anger players one way or another.

8 minutes ago, Tattooey said:

You don't have to exploit to piss people off. Playing fairly as the game is intended will anger players one way or another.

Then that is on them.

If I exploit, that is on me, since I am doing something intentionally designed to piss people off.

To those who get pissed because of my massive Jason skills, or my superior counselor survivability, This game is not a great idea for you. Perhaps crocheting is the challenge you are looking for?

Just now, Definitelynotjason said:

Then that is on them.

If I exploit, that is on me, since I am doing something intentionally designed to piss people off.

To those who get pissed because of my massive Jason skills, or my superior counselor survivability, This game is not a great idea for you. Perhaps crocheting is the challenge you are looking for?

I fought with a dude this morning that lost his shit. He was the last counselor alive 7/8. He hid inside a room with no window & I smashed my way through the door. I instantly blocked as soon as I broke the door in & after I watched him take his first swing I immediately grabbed him. I've never seen someone behave so immature & lose control like that before. He was screaming at the top of his lungs. It's to bad cause @Slapnuts840 joined right after I kicked him.

25 minutes ago, Ste_Wolf said:

Badger is that you? It's Jokerfan here.

Yep. :)

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, Tattooey said:

I fought with a dude this morning that lost his shit. He was the last counselor alive 7/8. He hid inside a room with no window & I smashed my way through the door. I instantly blocked as soon as I broke the door in & after I watched him take his first swing I immediately grabbed him. I've never seen someone behave so immature & lose control like that before. He was screaming at the top of his lungs. It's to bad cause @Slapnuts840 joined right after I kicked him.

Working as intended!

Though damn, that is sad.

Not the slapnuts part. I can't believe I just used slapnuts in a sentence to imply that was a good thing!

47 minutes ago, Camp_Blood_Killer said:

on a side note, I use blocking when i'm Jason when a counselor tries to hit me and get called "cheating" like every game if in public. Isn't this the point of block? just asking cause man i've got more flack from that than ANY person for blocking over traps or flares (which I DO NOT DO). really hope they patch the body blocking by counselors. when I hear the cops called and not one of my 3 traps went off, kinda pisses me off.  

I've been booted out of lobbies for blocking with Jason.

And I'm not talking about blocking flares or firecrackers, just blocking regular attacks.

And like you I've been called a cheater bc Jason can't be stunned if he is blocking.

And it's always those people that like to get into a group of 4/5 and beat up on Jason's that get mad if you block.

I must have missed the memo that I'm suppose to let these guys knock me on my ass.

3 minutes ago, Bulldawg2010 said:

I've been booted out of lobbies for blocking with Jason.

And I'm not talking about blocking flares or firecrackers, just blocking regular attacks.

And like you I've been called a cheater bc Jason can't be stunned if he is blocking.

And it's always those people that like to get into a group of 4/5 and beat up on Jason's that get mad if you block.

I must have missed the memo that I'm suppose to let these guys knock me on my ass.

I'll stop blocking attacks when Gun removes the block ability from Jason until then people just gonna have to put up with being butchered.

1 minute ago, Tattooey said:

I'll stop blocking attacks when Gun removes the block ability from Jason until then people just gonna have to put up with being butchered.

I mean I do think that Jason still needs to have a chance to be stunned even while blocking.

But an extremely low chance. Higher chance on Jason's that have stun resistance as a weakness.

BUT, if Jason has a blocking mechanic in the game, I will utilize it. If someone boots me over it bc it feels cheap then whatever. Plenty of people still play this game and I can play with people that don't have this ridiculous notion that Jason can't block attacks and must be stunned.

1 person likes this

I'm just glad they're not changing combat stance to break down doors. I seem to recall the devs stating that was an unintended mechanic as well. Half an hour to break down a door really would feel like a huge nerf.

I don't feel like combat stance on doors is a gamebreaker, because it's the only way I've been able to bust open single windows. So it's not just an intended destruction mechanic, it's a necessary one.

1 hour ago, Camp_Blood_Killer said:

but blocking incoming attacks is not cheating correct?

Blocking is a game play mechanic. Using it to jump out of traps / pass through fire crackers is an exploit. Blocking attacks is fair game. 

1 person likes this

45 minutes ago, Bulldawg2010 said:

I mean I do think that Jason still needs to have a chance to be stunned even while blocking.

But an extremely low chance. Higher chance on Jason's that have stun resistance as a weakness.

BUT, if Jason has a blocking mechanic in the game, I will utilize it. If someone boots me over it bc it feels cheap then whatever. Plenty of people still play this game and I can play with people that don't have this ridiculous notion that Jason can't block attacks and must be stunned.

Ya but are you really going to try & attack Jason even knowing he's blocking with a low stun chance. Seems suicidal.

3 minutes ago, Tattooey said:

Ya but are you really going to try & attack Jason even knowing he's blocking with a low stun chance. Seems suicidal.

I do it all the time. Mostly because the combat stance animation is too subtle for me to see very well.

Did I mention I die a lot?

1 minute ago, Definitelynotjason said:

I do it all the time. Mostly because the combat stance animation is too subtle for me to see very well.

Did I mention I die a lot?

That makes sense I guess :D

4 hours ago, JPops said:

Jason is not getting nerfed, items will now function as intended. I kill 8/8 easily without ever exploiting the block. 

Who said that shotgun fire is going to go through counselors? Maybe it's just going to block the shot. 

Never had an issue with a group of counselors they are easily dealt with in groups. In fact I like that, it gives me less ground to cover.

Jason is and will always remain OP you just won't have the exploits at your disposal to make him unfairly OP ;)

thank you ^^^^ and so true that it is REALLY EASY TO kill everyone with out those exploits as Jason.:)

3 hours ago, JPops said:

Jason is not getting nerfed, items will now function as intended. I kill 8/8 easily without ever exploiting the block. 

Who said that shotgun fire is going to go through counselors? Maybe it's just going to block the shot. 

Never had an issue with a group of counselors they are easily dealt with in groups. In fact I like that, it gives me less ground to cover.

Jason is and will always remain OP you just won't have the exploits at your disposal to make him unfairly OP ;)

Block? What is this block you speak of? :lol:

I never use block. Ever. I certainly don't have much trouble in getting high kill count games either. I had a guy say, you sure are taking a beating, maybe you should block more. I pointed out that it charges my Rage faster not to. About a minute later Rage kicked in at about 12 minutes into the match and I mopped the floor with the remaining 3 people. Different tactics for different Jason's I suppose.

Yes...group up. Please. Oh baby you are making it easy for me. ;) I can see an inexperienced Jason hating baseball teams, but after awhile, you hope they try it.

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

Block? What is this block you speak of? :lol:

I never use block. Ever. I certainly don't have much trouble in getting high kill count games either. I had a guy say, you sure are taking a beating, maybe you should block more. I pointed out that it charges my Rage faster not to. About a minute later Rage kicked in at about 12 minutes into the match and I mopped the floor with the remaining 3 people. Different tactics for different Jason's I suppose.

Yes...group up. Please. Oh baby you are making it easy for me. ;) I can see an inexperienced Jason hating baseball teams, but after awhile, you hope they try it.

Do you refuse to use block based on your playstyle or because it's taboo?

I see both sides of the arguement and this is only about the team damage I don't want to say killing because team killing isn't what is being taken out its friendly damage.   I've read it on here before and still think it's a more ideal situation is friendly damage is applied when in a certain proximity of Jason getting hit with a machete or axe should do some damage.  I do see the alternative and what I imagine is a lot of people playing part 3 for the increased weapon damage and just slashing away no complaints there as a counselor I love when any Jason wants to swing with me I've put my time and effort into this game and the perks I've accumulated make that style Jason 100% easier to deal with than a good shift grab. The problem for me is when I play Jason I don't like to hack everyone down personally I aim for the "Jason challenge" no repeated kills no double trapping the phone (will replace a trap after it's been sprung).  My favorite kills as Jason are guessing where a counselor is heading next and beating them there popping stalk and waiting patiently.  I like the horror suspense of that mechanic the thing that worries the most about no more friendly fire is being forced to hack people to death because that's the best if not only option at the moment.  I alsmost feel like that shift abduction should become an actual game mechanic then you can just remove a person at a time from the equation and if the battle is at an objective it gives counselors free time to repair if Jason abducts someone.  There is at least a strategy that could develop out of that mechanic.  All in all though it's whatever as an Xbox player private matches via th LFG are all I play and will be all I play until host migration and matchmaking issues are fixed.  At the end of the day it's just a game and I enjoy it so you just have to roll with the changes some you'll like some ya won't.  I can remember playing WoW and not liking certain patches because it made changes to my character and how I played but because I still wanted to play you just adapt.  This game is no different people will have to accept that nothing stays the same things are always changing and will always keep changing.

Ive only ever blocked through one thing and it was unintended. I walked through the door, saw the kid with the flare gun, hit my block an walked right through a bear trap. As the flare bounced off my raise arm i told the kid (was a younger dude) to run off he got 8 secs head start an i apologized for the exploit. He thanked me a scurried off.

Died at the exit about 5 mins later after i stopped the car.

I think a majority of people playing this game would benefit in a lesson on sportsmanship and humility.

4 people like this

done the same shit, usually over a TK and the dudes like "please jason, this guy is hitting me for no reason", i'll kill the TK and say see you in a minute or two, i've got some choirs for my mom to do (EI trapping, cutting power, etc.)

1 person likes this

55 minutes ago, Tattooey said:

Blocking counselor attacks is not taboo Tattooey. It is looked down on by certain people because those people have sensitive feelings. I've been called a "hack" and a "cheeser" because sometimes it's just easier and faster to beat the crap out of someone. I've been called the same thing for using throwing knives. Hell, I've even been accused of it for using the quick grab kills. It's just whiny-ass people that don't want to die in the game. I can't do an environmental kill every time in a lot of games due to time constraints, although I do choose to use them as often as possible, because they look cool.

Don't worry about what some complaining little beyotches squeak about in-game. No matter how you play as either Jason or a counselor, somebody will bitch about it just because things aren't going their way. Personally, if somebody swings at me I'm going to attempt to block it. I'd rather a bat break my arm than my damn head! ?

1 hour ago, Tattooey said:

Play style. It can be useful I suppose, but I don't find not using it to be detrimental. To each their own.

Not even close to nerfing Jason. The block stance through traps/etc is something I did not even know about until a month after I played, and then I still dont do it. Dont want to get hit by firecrackers? walk around them when you see them thrown. Wont take much longer than entering combat stance, blocking, and walking.

Team killing could have a slight impact on dealing with big groups of thick skinned counselors, but it by no means makes Jason weaker. It is really not too hard to deal with those groups by blocking, breaking weapons, shifting away, stalking and surprising.

Good it's hilarious to be able to block firecrackers and flares but obviously not a good thing. If anything it makes it slightly more balanced. And teamkillers can fuck right off. Though I wonder if they wil still absorb the shot so he can essentially use them as a human shield or will it magically pass through them and hit Jason?

7 hours ago, Definitelynotjason said:

I remember several scenes where more than one person attacked Jason. Part 2 had Paul and Ginny. Part four had Trish and Rob and Trish and Tommy. Part 5 had Pam and Tommy, Part 7 had Tina and I think it was Doug? Anyway, I could go on.

Doug?

Doug????

Ahem. *Raises hand* How dare you!?