Sign in to follow this  
William Shatner

Jason Friday The 13th part 6 costume help

I'm going to be Jason From Friday the 13th part 6 for Halloween and so far I got everything but the dart from in the pouch, I don't need the knife part I'm looking to make just the stick and the little string that came off them since that is all that is seen and for the life of me i can figure out how to make them them.

I also need help figuring out how to make the fence post that Jason had at the beginning(I was think about not making it as he got rid of it fast what do you think)  

8 minutes ago, William Shatner said:

I'm going to be Jason From Friday the 13th part 6 for Halloween and so far I got everything but the dart from in the pouch, I don't need the knife part I'm looking to make just the stick and the little string that came off them since that is all that is seen and for the life of me i can figure out how to make them them.

I also need help figuring out how to make the fence post that Jason had at the beginning(I was think about not making it as he got rid of it fast what do you think)  

This thing?

ultjason5.jpg

tumblr_inline_ottwtzArLG1uas74e_540.gif

43 minutes ago, William Shatner said:

Yes them are it, Thank you. I know i might be just dumb but for the life of me I can't figure out how to make them

How screen accurate are you going for? You might find something comparable in a military surplus store.

If you don't have access to a shop like that and sewing isn't your thing, you could sacrifice a little screen accuracy in texture but still capture shape and color by using the same basic techniques you would use to make a duct tape wallet.

You can get a plastic knife and sheath at WalMart here in the states. A basic tool pouch is inesxpensive, and you can also obtain them at WalMart, or Home Depot, or Lowes, or really any number of places.  All you will need is a belt, a small tool pouch and the knife/sheath. The clothing shouldn't be too difficult to find either. I wouldn't really worry about the fence post, as it would be long and unwieldy to carry around. Also, depending on what material you make it out of, it could be dangerous. I think a replica plastic machete (with some fake blood) would round out the outfit very well.

Just my opinion.

18 hours ago, Rexfellis said:

I wouldn't really worry about the fence post, as it would be long and unwieldy to carry around. Also, depending on what material you make it out of, it could be dangerous. I think a replica plastic machete (with some fake blood) would round out the outfit very well.

Just my opinion.

That sounds safer, although having the post would make it Jason from Jason Lives AND from the game which would make cool photos with any counselor costumes you see out there. Its tough but at least you have time. I would use a plastic weapon toy and bs my way into making the top.

On 8/18/2017 at 1:17 PM, Rexfellis said:

You can get a plastic knife and sheath at WalMart here in the states. A basic tool pouch is inesxpensive, and you can also obtain them at WalMart, or Home Depot, or Lowes, or really any number of places.  All you will need is a belt, a small tool pouch and the knife/sheath. The clothing shouldn't be too difficult to find either. I wouldn't really worry about the fence post, as it would be long and unwieldy to carry around. Also, depending on what material you make it out of, it could be dangerous. I think a replica plastic machete (with some fake blood) would round out the outfit very well.

Just my opinion.

Thank you everyone for your help.

I already got the pouch cheap on ebay I'm just going to cut the flaps off, I just need the the stick part of the knives(darts). i thinking last night of maybe getting some pens with silver tips(or some silver model paint and painting them) some yarn for the string/tassel. I think you are right and i will for not go with the post.

Here's what I got for the costume so far

Friday the 13th Jason part 6 Hockey Mask(custom made by David Miller Creations Makeup Effects Designer/Artist for Friday the 13th Part 5 )

Khaki Pants

Olive Green Long Sleeve Button Front

Brown Work Boots

Work Glove

WWII US Army Thompson Magazine Pouch 3 Cell 30 Rounds

Military Marine Corps Style Nylon Quick Release Pistol Belt

Survival Knife sheath(waiting for the rubber knife to come in)

Machete sheath

Friday The 13th plastic Machete

Waiting for the Friday The 13th Part 6 custom hood to come in(i didn't go for the full mask because I have a hard time breathing in a full mask plus i figured the hockey mask would cover the face)

I'm going to dirty up the pants and shirt

• Like 1

On 8/19/2017 at 3:02 PM, William Shatner said:

Thank you everyone for your help.

I already got the pouch cheap on ebay I'm just going to cut the flaps off, I just need the the stick part of the knives(darts). i thinking last night of maybe getting some pens with silver tips(or some silver model paint and painting them) some yarn for the string/tassel. I think you are right and i will for not go with the post.

Here's what I got for the costume so far

Friday the 13th Jason part 6 Hockey Mask(custom made by David Miller Creations Makeup Effects Designer/Artist for Friday the 13th Part 5 )

Khaki Pants

Olive Green Long Sleeve Button Front

Brown Work Boots

Work Glove

WWII US Army Thompson Magazine Pouch 3 Cell 30 Rounds

Military Marine Corps Style Nylon Quick Release Pistol Belt

Survival Knife sheath(waiting for the rubber knife to come in)

Machete sheath

Friday The 13th plastic Machete

Waiting for the Friday The 13th Part 6 custom hood to come in(i didn't go for the full mask because I have a hard time breathing in a full mask plus i figured the hockey mask would cover the face)

I'm going to dirty up the pants and shirt

On 8/27/2017 at 7:59 AM, William Shatner said:

I wanted to give a update I figured out the darts, I am using pens but i found some fishing hooks that look like the feathers hanging off

Don't forget to post pictures once you have it all assembled.

I have almost completed myFriday the 13th Pt. 6 cosplay. However, the only item that is eluding me is that damn sheath for the survival knife. Looking for screen accuracy as I have the knife from For

sche studios (plastic knife cast from the same mold as the original screen used knife). But no sheath is sold with it and cannot find it anywhere! Any help or guidance? Would be appreciated! : ) 

So working on my pt. 6 costume continues. I was looking around for the right shoes to wear and wanting them (obviously) to be screen accurate, I came across a site where they showed the kind of boots. Now they are discontinued, but have replicas going for 180 dollars. While I am already sinking a pretty penny into this whole thing, I think I may have found a possible worthy shoe that I believe looks almost like it. Of course will have to weather it and darken them as what they did for the shoes used in the film. Need a couple extra sets of eyes and input!

Here are the boots they selected for the film....

lacRsqX.jpg

Now here are the shoes I found. Mind you, the pants will be coming down and covering most of it up, so basically the front of the shoes will be shown. Personally, I think it's almost a good match. What do you guys think?

qJLVHTf.jpg

dRXVSAx.jpg

Update: here is a (pathetic) screenshot of his boots as he walked into the cabin for a sort of reference.

4uYdpPo.jpg

10 minutes ago, Tjodalv666 said:

So working on my pt. 6 costume continues. I was looking around for the right shoes to wear and wanting them (obviously) to be screen accurate, I came across a site where they showed the kind of boots. Now they are discontinued, but have replicas going for 180 dollars. While I am already sinking a pretty penny into this whole thing, I think I may have found a possible worthy shoe that I believe looks almost like it. Of course will have to weather it and darken them as what they did for the shoes used in the film. Need a couple extra sets of eyes and input!

Now here are the shoes I found. Mind you, the pants will be coming down and covering most of it up, so basically the front of the shoes will be shown. Personally, I think it's almost a good match. What do you guys think?

They will do it. Nobody is going to see a difference. I would definitely go with the cheaper shoes. Keep up the great work!

8 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

They will do it. Nobody is going to see a difference. I would definitely go with the cheaper shoes. Keep up the great work!

Yeah, there is no way I'm going to spend 189 on shoes that are barely going to be seen, but I still want to have it as close to it as possible.

Here is my pt. 6 stuff thus far...Just need to get the darts, fence post kit, mask and hood mask. I have time to get those, but I already know where I am purchasing all that stuff from. The gloves still need more weathering and painting with some burnt umber acrylic. The mag pouch I am going to stain a little bit. Might actually use a verrrrrry  small amount of wood stain to make is slightly darker

lkr7FEh.jpg

I have a replica knife sheath coming in, along with the shirt and pants I need to weather (I play Dungeons and Dragons and I make minis and stuff so I can also paint in certain spots on the shirt as well as the little paintball splotch). I am going to so some tests on some spare shirts. I am going to take them to the shooting range at the community where my parents live and going to shoot them and see how big the bullet holes are. If they are decent sizes, I might take my actual cosplay shirt out and put a few holes into it for more accuracy. The only thing I wonder is....if Ishould wear a black shirt underneath..I'm guessing that's what they did in the movie??? (shrugs)

So what is everyone opinion on the exact color scheme for Jason's pants in Pt. 6....some scenes they look brown others a dirty light grey, but I cannot seem to put my finger on the exact color. Any help or ideas???

Sure just look for tutorials on how to drastically fade the color then do that and bury the costume until youre ready to use it.

23 hours ago, Tjodalv666 said:

So what is everyone opinion on the exact color scheme for Jason's pants in Pt. 6....some scenes they look brown others a dirty light grey, but I cannot seem to put my finger on the exact color. Any help or ideas???

Well , Looking at the game , it is Pretty White. Beige but a bit brighter. Definitely NOT black or dark. 

tumblr_inline_ottwtzArLG1uas74e_540.gif

Here it is. Maybe also with a touch olive green?

Been well over a year since i updated on my Pt. 6 cosplay. Just weathering the pants and shirt tonight and will be all done!

GfbJIGB.jpg

1bhAiVs.jpg

MSJVdDP.jpg

PpRXX5k.jpg

zcN0WYw.jpg

kBb9YL8.jpg

Ti4mdkt.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tjodalv666 said:

Been well over a year since i updated on my Pt. 6 cosplay. Just weathering the pants and shirt tonight and will be all done!

GfbJIGB.jpg

1bhAiVs.jpg

MSJVdDP.jpg

PpRXX5k.jpg

zcN0WYw.jpg

kBb9YL8.jpg

Ti4mdkt.jpg

Beautiful!!!!