1 hour ago, Kalopsia said:

Are people seriously going to be punished for leaving a game when they're dead? 

I don't think Gun would do that. They'd be shortening the game's lifespan by a lot. If people want to continue playing, they'd have to be bored spectating others. More negative reviews saying that you have to be stuck in the boring spectator mode until the game ends after you die or escape before you can leave, otherwise they'll temp ban you after enough leaves. Same with disconnects and kicks. I think what will happen is that you'll get punished for purposefully leaving while you are still alive. 

Not really sure this will extend beyond Steam. Still haven't seen any confirmation that anyone has been banned on consoles. I really think they just put it there in an attempt to scare folks.

5 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Not really sure this will extend beyond Steam. Still haven't seen any confirmation that anyone has been banned on consoles. I really think they just put it there in an attempt to scare folks.

XboxCriminal's first account was banned. There was a whole thread about it. 

• Like 1

Just now, SnakeSound222 said:

Oh yea.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Kalopsia said:

Les gens vont-ils sérieusement être punis pour avoir quitté un jeu lorsqu'ils sont morts? 

This topic applies only to the HOST of the party who are disconnecting disconnect those who try to survive to Jason.

This concerns also those that Jason's killing, as soon as Jason kills an advisor, it disconnects and death does not count !

This also concerns the killer who leaves the game because he can't kill survivors.

On 8/18/2017 at 11:36 PM, Arregacador said:

So, if you die in the very first minute of the round, will you have to wait 19 minutes just watching? Such a bad thing. 

Don't die in the first minute of the round then. Jason literally can't do anything but morph. If you're that bad maybe you should be watching other people play for 19 minutes. And also I have 150 hours on record and only twice have I ever had a 20 minute match.

These are the same people that let Savini leak twice, still hasn't made a comment that they said they would about it, has had memory leaks from the start.  I don't trust them to know what disconnect is a real quitter vs their memory leak.

After death should be ok to leave with zero penalty.

Before death with a penalty is fine with me but they will need to fix these bugs and crashes before that happens.

Maybe a 2x penalty for leaving in the middle of a kill animation.

On 20/08/2017 at 1:48 PM, Srgtgunnr said:

Don't die in the first minute of the round then. Jason literally can't do anything but morph. If you're that bad maybe you should be watching other people play for 19 minutes. And also I have 150 hours on record and only twice have I ever had a 20 minute match.

You must be joking or something to speak too bullshit.  I have four times more game hours of you and play since the first day. I ve be involved in every sort of game situation. I know how is to be a noob and how is to be a veteran. If you will be a veteran one day you would know whats like die in the beggining trying to killing jason (maybe you are still in escape stage) or something else

On 20/08/2017 at 6:29 AM, SnakeSound222 said:

lol i was playing with that guy. I think he is a kid and betraying others or something? i don't remember pretty well but i was in game with him

On 19/08/2017 at 4:36 AM, Arregacador said:

So, if you die in the very first minute of the round, will you have to wait 19 minutes just watching? Such a bad thing. 

As someone said... just don't die then in first minute. Sometime it happens like Jason teleport just when game started to you but then try the best to survive. You can also leave the game simply if you play with randoms. You won't get your XP but how much you would get? Like around 580 xp. So you wait 19 minutes and get 580 xp or you leave the game, join another you escape and get 1000-1200 xp. Your choice.

On 8/20/2017 at 11:48 AM, Srgtgunnr said:

lol its not easy for new players

Thought I'd revive this thread.  I was watching one of my favorite players whom I learned a good deal of strategies from.  Unfortunately, even excellent players suffer from bad sports quitting early.

In this game half the room disconnected during the kill animation or right when he grabs them. I don't get this behavior and I know there's not much that can be done but...his reactions kind of sum it up for all of us...

It's my #1 pet peeve with the game.

They should just simply award Jason the point when people leave. No one is punished, and there really aren't any downsides. Disable it in private matches and full parties, and BOOM. Leaver problem solved.

21 minutes ago, Deeify said:

Thought I'd revive this thread.  I was watching one of my favorite players whom I learned a good deal of strategies from.  Unfortunately, even excellent players suffer from bad sports quitting early.

In this game half the room disconnected during the kill animation or right when he grabs them. I don't get this behavior and I know there's not much that can be done but...

People mainly do this to knowingly hurt the guy who just beat them, even if just a petty little bit. So, it's not like we're dealing with a purely irrational "rage quit" that would be impossible to deter. The easiest way to cure this problem is to reverse the incentives. Make it so Jason still gets a kill credit and gets more XP anytime someone disconnects from the game, and you'll see many more people sticking it out.

Accidental disconnecting players aren't penalized, and Jasons get all their kills/XP no matter why counselors quit (rage, accident, not getting Jason), and it's not gamebreaking in any way (farming kills/XP is already easy and this isn't going to yield significantly more XP).

I will admit to quitting a match mid-kill, but only if I know for certain that Jason is working with other players.

I've had it happen to me countless times as Jason, and it's hilarious each time. I guess they think they're so good at the game that they deserve special treatment.

I've even had people quit on me upon realizing that they were the last counselor. Wouldn't even try me.

I’m guilty of quitting quite a few times after dying; when I’m not host of course. This is only when I actually want to play the game, though, as I don’t always have time to sit and watch others play. I’ve never quit mid-kill or pre-kill, though. Unless the host leaves or the connection times out, obviously. I don’t see an issue with leaving after being killed. You’re the one that misses out on the points. 

On 8/18/2017 at 4:52 PM, Emperiex said:

I'd rather they just implement a system to count those that leave mid-kill as part of your kill count.

^ What he said! I do think it is acceptable to quit mid kill on a Jason who is teamed up with counselors though

On 10/3/2017 at 4:38 PM, Deeify said:

In this game half the room disconnected during the kill animation or right when he grabs them. I don't get this behavior and I know there's not much that can be done but...his reactions kind of sum it up for all of us...

Yeah. The reactions pretty much sum it up. This YouTuber I have seen a lot of videos from. He is a solid Jason in most regards. Too bad he wastes so much time kicking puppies.? I know he needs cool videos for his channel, but he rarely exposes himself to much of a challenge. Still, it is entertaining to watch from time to time.?