What's the dumbest thing you've done in a game that made you, literally or metaphorically, slap your forehead?

For me, I set a trap at the door for Jason, he proceeded to break the windows and hit me with a knife causing me to limp.  He broke through the other door in the cabin so, to not hurt myself further in a broken window, headed towards the other door to open it and run, and stepped in my own trap.  I fell dead right there.

That was a literal forehead slap and left a handprint there for several hours...

When I start going Mach 5 and don't slow down in time or hit "A" too early when going out of a window.

1306866467_jumping_out_the_window.gif

• Like 19

Just now, lHeartBreakerl said:

When I start going Mach 5 and don't slow down in time or hit "A" too early when going out of a window.

I do that way too much.  Usually at the beginning of a game.  Great way to start...

• Like 2

A few times I've decided to juke Jason and give him the run around and then I start running into a rock, get caught and murdered. Or, the aforementioned leaping through a window. If Jason's not on me and I hop through a closed window there's a 99.9% chance it definitely wasn't intentional.

• Like 1

Tried to go around Jason in the 2-seater and ran into a tree. He grabbed the passenger, so I jumped out and tried to hit Jason with a wrench...I missed and he killed A.J. After the death animation finished, I tried to stun him again. And missed... again. So I got grabbed and had my spine broken over Jason's fat knee. All around horrible showing for me.

When I spawn into a match and run straight for the cabin nearby and not slow down enough, proceeding to smash right through the window. 

As Jason, I saw a blip not realizing it was actually further in the distance and ended up throwing a knife at a perfectly good lawn chair thinking it was Chad.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

I am the king of potatoing through windows.  

• Like 1

One of the 1st times I drove the car from packanack, I ended up back at packanack. I got out and let the other person drive.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, FlameRiderSD said:

"Try to kill your wife as Jason"

My significant other tells me if I kill her early, she'll go in the other room and beat my ass. Thankfully I listened to the warning lmao.

I give everyone 1-2 minutes while I trap stuff.

• Like 1

On Packanack Lodge, I was able to fix the 4 door at the main house, I was planning on picking up some campers down the road. I go up the first small hill after you start the car, when I hit a small stump, flipped the car on its head and it was destroyed. 

My reaction: 

9f0c09ac5a9093124b42a94bdd13476c.jpg

5 minutes ago, FlameRiderSD said:

i never did this but i know its one of the stupidest things to do

"Try to kill your wife as Jason"

I'll never have to worry about that. My wife doesn't like scary movies, so she has no inclination to play this game. I have wasted her in several other games, and I burned down her little "settlement" in Minecraft one time. My son watched me do it. He laughed, but then he said "You're gonna be in big trouble when Mommy gets home!"  Let's just say that she was...less than pleased. ??

I spawned next to the car and was doing my normal routine of getting out of there. Map perk was broke so just blindly ran away. About a minute later I come up on a structure and pop in the open door real quick. Of course what I popped into was Jasons shack and he morhped right there. I delayed death for a alittle bit but he got me a little after he got shift ability. 

I'm heading toward the boat to install the propeller with Jason coming at me. I throw the fireworks to distract n stun him while I fix the part. The firecrackers go into the freaking water!! and nothing happens, I wanted them on the dock not the damn lake lol. Jason murders me lol.

Its happened a couple times under duress I suppose, I try to be more careful aiming now. 

One of my earliest games, I found myself at the barn at Higgins Haven. Once inside, I was delighted to find that there was not one, not two, but THREE traps.

Well I KNEW what I was going to do! I lined the barn entrance with traps and waited. 

Sure enough, Jason wanders along and sees me standing all cocky, in the middle of the barn. He wanders up to the traps. We greet each other. He shifts past the traps and ends me.

"Oh," was my response.

• Like 7

This is a time as Jason 7 I'm sure there have been more than a few as a counselor but this just happened yesterday so it's fresh on my mind.  Trying to stop a car on the main road on Packanack.  Stopped car but there's three so a battle ensues I get stunned manage another shift and stop the car I'm guessing what happened next was a proximity glitch like when Jason is able to carry you in shift.  Anyway the shift stops the car but I continue to shift and panic get disoriented pull myself out and I'm only up the road a bit on one of those hills by the horse shoe on flat rock.  So what I do next I morph of course completely ignoring the fact I know I'm not going to land with pin point accuracy so I end up on just the other side of the road roughly the same distance to the car I had already been but now it's started and rolling and both morph and shift will be on cool down long after they cruise out of the map.  Knew better should have been patient but oh well was still a fun game.

I'm new to the game so everything I do feels dumb. Last night Jason chased 4 of us out of the car. I ended up getting back into the rear passenger seat of the car by myself while everyone else was still outside fighting with him. :blink:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LJPIII said:

I'm new to the game so everything I do feels dumb. Last night Jason chased 4 of us out of the car. I ended up getting back into the rear passenger seat of the car by myself while everyone else was outside fighting with him. :blink:

I've done that as well but mine might be dumber.  I climbed in the back seat and tried to start the car not realizing and yelling at the screen...I had a couple that night though.

• Like 1

Jason shows up behind me while I'm pouring gas in the four seater. I tried to drop the gas before running but accidently messed up and dropped my pocket knife instead right as Jason grabs me and kills me. I had a good laugh about it. It was pretty funny and Jason even thanked me for dropping the knife afterwards. :P  

• Like 2

I went to barricade the door and instead I opened it with Jason standing right there. I've done this and seen other counselors do it.  I can't help but lmao.

Also, with Jason right on my tail, I've gone to a cabin with the door open only to accidentally close the door right in front of me.  Talk about making it too easy for Jason.  I've had counselors do that when I'm Jason too.  

• Like 1

i have too many to list, but here's a recent one...

i have my preference set to councilor now so i don't play as jason often... maybe 1 out of every 50 matches... so when i'm picked, i tend to be a bit rusty.  

so i'm picked to be jason and things are off to a good start. i kill three councilors in the first five minutes. i get a notification that a trap by the 4-seater is triggered so i morph there to find 4 people working to install the gas and battery in the 4-seater. a chaotic battle ensues and i have 3/4 limping when, suddenly, i somehow accidentally engage morph. while frantically trying to back out, i accidentally hit 'X' and morph myself all the way across the map. They install the battery, gas and start the car. i get my morph back just in time to morph to the exit as they pass me, taunting me the whole way.

I totally deserved it.

This just happened to me. I heard a car start up and opened my map up with Morph without meaning to.  I wanted to hit O to close the menu, but my finger slipped and I hit X, wasting my Morph and placing me NOWHERE near the fleeing car with a total of 4/8 for the game.  I felt like Homer dialing a phone.

• Like 1

Oh man, so many.   I'll have to try and think of a few good ones.

The one that made me furious with myself the other day was a match where I spent the entire game looking for the fuse - someone must have run off with it and died somewhere, I never did find it.  Still looking for it when I realize I'm the last person alive.  Just keep doing my thing until Jason finds me with about five minutes left.  I put on a juke fest, in and out of cabins, get my stamina back, check a drawer or two quick, take off again.  Jason is just smashing through everything, right on my heels.

We're under two minutes left, and I'm running between cabins when I see him shift behind me.  I was heading for one straight ahead but had a fall back off to my right, so I give him a second to get moving and then cut hard to my right to throw him off and bolt for the momentary safety of the cabin off to my side.

And run face first into a light pole.  

I was watching behind me so I could spot them moment when he shifted, while keeping one eye on the mini-map so I could time when to make my juke.  The trail ahead of me was clear, so I wasn't in danger of hitting anything.  Until I managed to cut right, face first into a pole, stopping myself dead and letting him easily shift grab me. 

Sigh. So close.