5 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

This really sums it up and is why I'm shitting on Pappus so much...The guy has a god complex and thinks he's like a nuclear scientist for figuring this out.

No - you're a loser AND it's pointless.

The guy actually thinks he's a superior player because he breaks down the games' mechanics and exploits them. What a delusional little weirdo.

*slow clap*

Well since he knows how to kite Jason for 15 minutes i guess he is a good player. All i read is hate and provocation from your comments. You're a loser aswell. Its not pointless, Its helpful for Cars aswell. Neither does every Jason start with trapping the phone. *slow clapping*

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ZooMalfunction said:

There's a good reason not to go for the phone first.

If it isn't near a vehicle, it alerts nearby counselors to the phone's location. After all, why would Jason's first morph be the middle of nowhere?

With the second morph, it makes things more muddled. You could just be chasing noise pings or sense at that point.

I don't agree with this.  The only way the counselor is going to know where you morphed to is if they're in the house with the phone, or very close to it.  In either case, it won't take them long to figure that out if they haven't already.  And if there are counselors in or right by the house with the phone (such as when it spawns at the lodge) they can EASILY find the fuse on a lucky drawer pull, put it in, and have somebody calling the cops inside of a minute.  I've seen it done.  I've done it.

Plus, there are maps widely available that will tell you at a quick glance where on the map the phone house is anyway, depending on the layout of that particular set of cabins, and even without those, once you've played enough games you will simply know which of the handful of 2-4 cabins the phone ever shows up at, and go check them out the first chance you get.  

I honestly can't see any logic behind your argument here - stay away from the phone because you might tip the counselors off to where it is?  if you stay away from it, you're just giving them the time they need to find it and locate the fuse.  If you trap it you at least slow them down, put obstacles between them and escape, give yourself an early warning system, potentially set up an easy kill or two, and buy yourself time to go trap the other objectives and start thinning their numbers.

And why would you chase pings early in the match?  The first few minutes should be spent placing traps and starting to knock out the power.  In a full lobby you're GOING to just stumble across people, especially if you keep returning to the cabins closest to the phone and car/boat.  Save the ping chasing for the stragglers - you know where they're going, for most of the match, unless they're hanging out in the cabins at the extreme edges of camp, far from the objectives.  And if they're doing that, they're very little threat, you can save them for later.

17 minutes ago, Whitebabyjoker said:

That's not entirely true. But I see your point.

If no one voiced their disagreement, then threads would be full of posts that only agree with the subject at hand. Then it gives the impression that the majority agrees with it.

this a classic case of git gud. any Jason with a brain should trap the fuse house when the game starts. if he doesn't trap the house and allows the councilors to find a trap, find the fuse house and trap it themselves then chances are those cops were as good as called

10 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

This really sums it up and is why I'm shitting on Pappus so much...The guy has a god complex and thinks he's like a nuclear scientist for figuring this out.

The guy actually thinks he's a superior player because he breaks down the games' mechanics and exploits them. What a delusional little weirdo.

*slow clap*

Do me a favor and don't quote me for personal attacks.  My point was, as I said, I think he offers a mix of legitimately interesting tactics and things that are probably exploits and cheese, which will likely/hopefully get patched out of the game.  And even then I can't knock him too hard, because if someone is making videos and drawing attention to these things and stirring up discussions like this one, it makes it more likely the developers will take notice and decide that some of these potential exploits are problems worth addressing.

What I was *not* doing was launching personal attacks against Pappus, his personal style, etc.  If you can't find a way to disagree without name calling and personal attacks you may want to seriously consider walking away for a little bit.  There's no need for it.  Make your points and leave out the personal venom.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

*slow clap*

Once he mentioned the website, it became clear this is what he is.  Especially on Reddit where most trolls praise him, it makes sense.  Even though this is minor, I brought it up so people are aware of it in case becomes bigger which I doubt but always err on the side of caution.  In the end the effort is greater than the effect which is the case for most trolls and losers who exploit and TK honestly.  What I find sad is the amount of effort and time put into something so minor just to troll someone for two seconds.  Its pretty sad when you actually take a look at it especially to dedicate a website to it and comb the whole map for the sake of trolling.  

4 minutes ago, Crooked Wookie said:

Do me a favor and don't quote me for personal attacks.  My point was, as I said, I think he offers a mix of legitimately interesting tactics and things that are probably exploits and cheese, which will likely/hopefully get patched out of the game.  And even then I can't knock him too hard, because if someone is making videos and drawing attention to these things and stirring up discussions like this one, it makes it more likely the developers will take notice and decide that some of these potential exploits are problems worth addressing.

What I was *not* doing was launching personal attacks against Pappus, his personal style, etc.  If you can't find a way to disagree without name calling and personal attacks you may want to seriously consider walking away for a little bit.  There's no need for it.  Make your points and leave out the personal venom.

I'll quote you when and where I want, sweet pea.

I don't know.  I mean honestly I hesitate to even characterize it as an exploit, both because a lot of the common morph points are common knowledge to anyone who plays enough Jason, and because the entire process of finding a trap and then pinpointing that exact location (not just 'it'll land me over here somewhere) and putting a trap on it is pretty out there for most players.  I've got hundreds of games under my belt and while I can tell you several approximate morph locations for different objectives on each map, the idea of locating them precisely and going to all of the trouble of getting a trap there is straight up exhausting.  Nothing much will ever come of it, it's interesting to know but it's also way too much work for a very small, unpredictable reward.

Maybe it buys you a couple of seconds to get away, but unless you're screwing up your repairs, the odds of Jason randomly showing up right when you're fixing something are pretty slim.  MAYBE it'll give you time to start the car, if he hears it and immediately morphs to you? Or the boat?  But even then, it's not like it slows his cooldowns any, so after the 2 seconds it takes him to kick free he's not at much more of a disadvantage as far as waiting for morph to come off cooldown so he can try to intercept you.

A fast Jason is probably still going to catch up with Shift, and a slow one shouldn't bother chasing cars in the first place.

I have no issues if they want to do something to fix it, I guess, but it's such a convoluted exploit that it's hard to imagine them bothering.  

7 minutes ago, Crooked Wookie said:

I don't like when people say oh well it draws attention to the exploits its just a crap way to justify its existence.

I have removed the video due to the fact it details how to use an exploit. Speaking about the subject matter is fine but let's not give instructions on how to do it. 

@AldermachXI @Ediconeg do not insult other members of the forums. Aldermach you know better. 

• Like 1

He's shining a proverbial spotlight on those exploits.  It doesn't "justify" their existence - the don't require any justification, they already exist.
Would you rather have a handful of people quietly using them against you in every game they're in, where they might go largely unnoticed and not get fixed?
Or would you rather someone was jumping up and down, shining a flashlight on the already-existing problems while screaming "hey guys, look what I can do!!"

Nobody is trying to justify their existence: they are things that exist whether there is justification for them or not.  At least when someone with a ton of viewers makes a video, walks you through it step by step, and people start threads of discussion, and people get all upset and start Tweeting and emailing the developers going "hey, is it SUPPOSED to do this" it makes it impossible for them to ignore or overlook.  *shrug*

13 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

If no one voiced their disagreement, then threads would be full of posts that only agree with the subject at hand. Then it gives the impression that the majority agrees with it.

I completely get your point. But just because someone doesn't voice their opinion on these forums doesn't mean they agree with the topic at hand.

But 99 times out of 100 you're right. 

2 minutes ago, JPops said:

I have removed the video due to the fact it details how to use an exploit. Speaking about the subject matter is fine but let's not give instructions on how to do it. 

@AldermachXI @Ediconeg do not insult other members of the forums. Aldermach you know better. 

Sorry about the video.  I wasn't sure if it was 100% an exploit or not but wanted to bring it to the attention of others.  

Morph trapping is 100% not an exploit... I don't even know how you'd argue it is. There is no glitch used here. Needing more knowledge for a technique than the average player has makes something an exploit? Absurd. I guess if Jason memorizes the Morph spots in order to grab people that run right next to them, that's an exploit, too. Memorizing the spots and utilizing the knowledge is simply what you're SUPPOSED to do to get better at the game. Next you're going to tell me that memorizing the invisible portion of the hitbox on Jason's swings and his grab to use them at max range is an exploit since it's non-obvious and takes some memorization. Memorizing percent of max health lost from each damage source and using the knowledge? Non-obvious and requires memory, exploit. Memorizing amount of hits per weapon due to Luck and using the knowledge? Exploit.

Just now, konamijudge said:

Morph trapping is 100% not an exploit... I don't even know how you'd argue it is. There is no glitch used here. Needing more knowledge for a technique than the average player has makes something an exploit? Absurd. I guess if Jason memorizes the Morph spots in order to grab people that run right next to them, that's an exploit, too. Memorizing the spots and utilizing the knowledge is simply what you're SUPPOSED to do to get better at the game. Next you're going to tell me that memorizing the invisible portion of the hitbox on Jason's swings and his grab to use them at max range is an exploit since it's non-obvious and takes some memorization. Memorizing percent of max health lost from each damage source and using the knowledge? Non-obvious and requires memory, exploit. Memorizing amount of hits per weapon due to Luck and using the knowledge? Exploit.

I don't think it's an exploit either. However, I do think it's useless and you won't catch me doing it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

I don't think it's an exploit either. However, I do think it's useless and you won't catch me doing it.

Same, too much work.  It's a neat trick but it's pretty impractical.  

How is morph trapping considered an exploit? All it requires is, literally, the capacity to remember a fixed location for longer than 8 seconds. Goldfish can do this. There are far bigger issues and problem mechanics in this game that are considered "normal".  To qualify this video as an "exploit", you would have to consider every Jason that has ever used these morph points as exploiting too. If you are going to fault anyone, you should fault the devs for implementing those morph spots in the first place. 

I am also seeing a very troubling trend from the moderators of this sub right now. Kodiak also seems to have some very strong personal issues against pappus that are in direct conflict with his ability to moderate this forum impartially. 

21 hours ago, Vincent said:

How is morph trapping considered an exploit? All it requires is literally the capacity to remember morph locations for longer than 8 seconds. Goldfish can do this. 

Goldfish don't have thumbs 

C3imTKcWQAE45aK.jpg:large

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

It might seem that way but, realistically, there are some major issues with the morph spawn system and some objectives/windows will have morph spawns right next to them. If you do not know about these or do not block/trap them, then you are essentially giving Jason a very quick and simple free kill. I have saved myself and team-mates many times, simply by being aware of these spots and being ready to circumvent, trap, hit or block Jason when he comes to defend those objectives. It has also saved me a few times by knowing which paths to avoid in order to not get morphed-grabbed(another mechanic that realistically shouldn't be in the game but, unfortunately, is). 

1 hour ago, JPops said:

My apologies. I didn't realize he was a member on this forum.

28 minutes ago, Vincent said:

It might seem that way but, realistically, there are some major issues with the morph spawn system and some objectives/windows will have morph spawns right next to them. If you do not know about these or do not block/trap them, then you are essentially giving Jason a very quick and simple free kill. I have saved myself and team-mates many times, simply by being aware of these spots and being ready to circumvent, trap, hit or block Jason when he comes to defend those objectives. It has also saved me a few times by knowing which paths to avoid in order to not get morphed-grabbed(another mechanic that realistically shouldn't be in the game but, unfortunately, is). 

Meh, morph system is fine.  Again, the odds of someone being within arm's reach of where Jason is going to morph, and Jason either predicting that and landing there right as they do, or being lucky enough to land in just the right spot at just the right time is pretty hard to count on.  And if you're *that* good as Jason, that you can herd your targets precisely where you need them to be, morph, land and grab them - when you could have just shift-grabbed them, which is WAY easier, more power to you.

If morph trapping blocks Jason from an objective, it's an exploit. Stop trying to justify use of exploits for fun.

3 hours ago, Crooked Wookie said:

Meh, morph system is fine.  Again, the odds of someone being within arm's reach of where Jason is going to morph, and Jason either predicting that and landing there right as they do, or being lucky enough to land in just the right spot at just the right time is pretty hard to count on.  And if you're *that* good as Jason, that you can herd your targets precisely where you need them to be, morph, land and grab them - when you could have just shift-grabbed them, which is WAY easier, more power to you.

It's more of a problem when the morph spots are right next to objectives or when you have jasons accidently morphing on people and just grabbing them for a free kill, which really shouldn't happen. The morph system should not even use fixed locations, nor should it be used to morph on top of people under any normal circumstance. It should just look at the spot you clicked on the map and find the closest available spot(not obstructed by objects, buildings or people). 

3 hours ago, Redcat345 said:

If morph trapping blocks Jason from an objective, it's an exploit. Stop trying to justify use of exploits for fun.

That's like saying "if hitting jason with a bat blocks jason from an objective, it's an exploit" or "if trapping a door blocks Jason from walking through the door, it's an exploit". It's ridiculous reasoning. Stop trying to justify really bad mechanics, that are blatant fun killers for anyone that isn't Jason, because they get you free kills.  

1 minute ago, Vincent said:

That's like saying "if hitting jason with a bat blocks jason from an objective, it's an exploit". It's ridiculous reasoning. Stop trying to justify really bad mechanics, that are blatant fun killers for anyone that isn't Jason, because they get you free kills.  

Nope, someone admitted earlier it helps counselors bypass Jason traps to repair stuff, also JPops removed the video because it details how to exploit.