Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I'm not too worried about this becoming the norm, as lets face it, this will become more of a nuisance for councillors than Jason, as putting traps in areas that are not behind a locked door tends to get stepped on more by a carless councillor. 

If I ever get in a lobby with Pappus. I'll just leave. Problem solved :lol:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Peter1970 said:

No, the councillor traps placed at the phone are not supposed to be set, just placed. Screw Jason, so many games, especially with bag head, both cars and phone are fully trapped up. Jason should not even know where the phone is, the councillors have to find it and the fuse so Jason should have to go looking too.

7 people looking for it versus 1?

Your idea of balance is absurd. Jason would have the cops called on him every match.

Jason lives in Crystal Lake anyway. The entire point of the series is that he knows every inch of it. Of course he knows where the phone is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

These are bear traps.

traps. very important word. 

Not a tool to negate jason from protecting an objective.

Whilst Jason uses HIS traps to NEGATE the phone for the councillors AND the two cars??????? No way.  Face it, the way this game is just now is only suited to single player, where we are Jason and the councillors are bots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Peter1970 said:

Whilst Jason uses HIS traps to NEGATE the phone for the councillors AND the two cars??????? No way.  Face it, the way this game is just now is only suited to single player, where we are Jason and the councillors are bots.

Thats the whole point of traps ;) gives Jason a sense of security while he's off doing Jason things around the map.

When Jason uses a trap he doesn't negate an objective. He adds an extra step and danger to reparing the objective.

When a counselor puts a trap in front of the phone, it negates Jasons putting traps on it. This is in no way intended and an exploit and ruins balance.

But you don't seem to have a clear understanding of balance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Peter1970 said:

Whilst Jason uses HIS traps to NEGATE the phone for the councillors AND the two cars??????? No way.  Face it, the way this game is just now is only suited to single player, where we are Jason and the councillors are bots.

Jason's traps do not "negate" counselors from completing the objective. They can still remove Jason's traps from play. Counselor traps on the other hand cannot be interacted with by Jason other than stepping in it and they block Jason from trapping the space they occupy. If Jason had a way to utterly and completely remove the ability to repair objectives, then you'd have a point, but you don't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's my thing as far as Pappas - his videos are a mix of legitimately interesting strategy and discovered exploits (like body blocking traps).  I think people like him provide a valuable service in that he helps identify some of those weird questionable interactions.  Once they've been discovered they inevitably come to the attention of the developers, who can then decide if they're legit tactics or cheese, and the cheese can then be patched.

So honestly, even the stuff I think is probably exploits (hell, ESPECIALLY that stuff) I salute him for finding and making public.  I just wish the developers were faster about fixing the ones they didn't intend.

All of that said, I play this game a LOT.  I caught on to roughly how Morph works long before a lot of players on Xbox did, and set out to help educate people in game and on the forums/Reddit.

I know where a lot of the morph locations are, and where to aim to land in a more favorable spot in several key places where aiming right at the target puts you on the wrong side of an obstacle.

All of which is not to pat myself on the back, but instead to say I know all of that and I'm not the LEAST bit confident in my ability to remember the *exact* spot I land in as Jason and to place a trap there with any degree of certainty or reliability. Morph trapping is super gimmicky, and requires a ton of practice and/or in game spatial awareness for what's going to be an awfully small reward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have two thoughts on Jason traps, in general.

1.  I wlll not cry if they adjust Jason's traps so he can only reasonably place one in front of a particular objective within a fairly generous space.  That is assuming they patch body blocking and Jason can place a new trap when a previous trap is set off.

2.  I actually wouldn't mind seeing the number of Jason traps reduced in most cases, from 3/5/7 to something like 3/4/5.  It wouldn't hurt the low trap Jasons any more than it already does, it would prevent part 7 from putting FOUR on the phone and still having as many as Part 7 to burn, and it would make all Jasons place traps a little more tactically than they do now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm thankful Pompous...er...i mean Pappus is not on PS4.

Once my stalk is available I never morph to the closest morph location from an item. I like to hit stalk, morph a little distance away, use sense to spot anyone around the objective and then shift on top of them without them even knowing im anywhere near them.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, A.J. Mason said:

I'm thankful Pompous...er...i mean Pappus is not on PS4.

Once my stalk is available I never morph to the closest morph location from an item. I like to hit stalk, morph a little distance away, use sense to spot anyone around the objective and then shift on top of them without them even knowing im anywhere near them.

This.

Any experienced Jason will do this, making this whole thread and the concept of "morph trapping" completely asinine.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Peter1970 said:

Since Jason can trap the phone then councillors have the right to stop him. Seems those that favour Jason don't want the councillors having any chance of escape. Jason has two ways to avoid councillor traps, and he doesn't use up any resorces, councillors need to "eat" Jason's traps and use a spray or use up a knife. So tough luck if you don't like councillors putting traps at the phone because i hate Jason traps at the phone and the two cars. 

53 minutes ago, Peter1970 said:

Yes, well if you actually manage to grab and kill a councillor then it is not a waste. Jason is not held back for nearly long enough in traps, not enough if a councillor is already short on stamina and may have just broken their weapon on Jason and so is also defenceless. 

47 minutes ago, Peter1970 said:

Then they would need to allow councillors to pick up sprung Jason traps and set the at doors to catch Jason. See, Jason already has too many advantages, you are wanting more advantages for him. Not acceptable. 

Let me start off by saying I would MUCH rather play this game as a counselor. 

Peter what percentage of games to you estimate you escape in? As Jason, what percentage to you estimate you kill all or mostly all of the counselors?

I feel like you're playing the wrong game. You want something that's more 50/50. That is not what this game is supposed to be. You feel that Jason is OP and that's perfectly fine. He is OP, because that's what this game is. That's why this game is this game. If the average player's escape rate was 50-60 percent of their matches, it wouldn't be Friday the 13th. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, A.J. Mason said:

I'm thankful Pompous...er...i mean Pappus is not on PS4.

Once my stalk is available I never morph to the closest morph location from an item. I like to hit stalk, morph a little distance away, use sense to spot anyone around the objective and then shift on top of them without them even knowing im anywhere near them.

 

14 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

This.

Any experienced Jason will do this, making this whole thread and the concept of "morph trapping" completely asinine.

 

This is funny because you are still notified against long range shifts. Stalk is unecessary btw since the music will not play anyhow if you go for long range shift. Camera zoom will happen anyhow and I bet you morph far from an objective when a trap is triggered for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Pappus said:

 

 

This is funny because you are still notified against long range shifts. Stalk is unecessary btw since the music will not play anyhow if you go for long range shift. Camera zoom will happen anyhow and I bet you morph far from an objective when a trap is triggered for sure.

No. I morph close to the objective. But I have no clue where I'll morph to 100% since morph is inaccurate. So for you to pull off a "morph trap" in an uncontrolled environment is fairly unlikely.

If you CAN somehow know exactly where Jason is gonna morph, that's abusing an exploit, plain and simple.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

that's abusing an exploit, plain and simple.

No, its called studying the map. I dont understand why u think everything Pappus says is stupid? Your opinion is not everyones opinion, it makes you look a bit stupid tbh.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Muffinsfressnapf said:

No, its called studying the map. I dont understand why u think everything Pappus says is stupid? Your opinion is not everyones opinion, it makes you look a bit stupid tbh.

lmfao...Studying the map? Really?

Get stuffed. Both of you.

Just sent in a report to Gun for exploiting glitches on Pappus...included links to this video and the car surfing one, as well as his Steam profile.

Hopefully none of Pappus' "advances strategies" will remain in the game for much longer.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

lmfao...Studying the map? Really?

Get stuffed. Both of you.

Just sent in a report to Gun for exploiting glitches on Pappus...included links to this video and the car surfing one, as well as his Steam profile.

Hopefully none of Pappus' "advances strategies" will remain in the game for much longer.

None of this is gonna get him banned, thanks for wasting your free time for nothing tho, if it makes u happy :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Muffinsfressnapf said:

None of this is gonna get him banned, thanks for wasting your free time for nothing tho, if it makes u happy :D

I guess we'll see. Making your own youtube videos and instructionals on how to exploit glitches is fairly frowned upon by the devs. I have two links to videos he posted on his own channel that show plenty of evidence of this, and I'm sure most of his other videos show exploits too.

It's cute of you to defend your boyfriend and all. But it's not getting you anywhere. Pappus and his "strategies" aren't welcome here. Maybe you two can find some other place to douche it up together at?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

No. I morph close to the objective. But I have no clue where I'll morph to 100% since morph is inaccurate. So for you to pull off a "morph trap" in an uncontrolled environment is fairly unlikely.

If you CAN somehow know exactly where Jason is gonna morph, that's abusing an exploit, plain and simple.

How about you watch the morphguide then you will actually learn something because yes you can predict where Jason will morph most of the time.

13 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

lmfao...Studying the map? Really?

Get stuffed. Both of you.

Just sent in a report to Gun for exploiting glitches on Pappus...included links to this video and the car surfing one, as well as his Steam profile.

Hopefully none of Pappus' "advances strategies" will remain in the game for much longer.

I get reported pretty much daily. I wish I could read the reports too they would add a lot of memes for free.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

If you CAN somehow know exactly where Jason is gonna morph, that's abusing an exploit, plain and simple.

This is just how the game works, if you click in X area on the map it will morph you to Y every single time. It blows my mind that possessing knowledge of things should be basic concept after a few games as Jason is considered exploitative.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

I guess we'll see. Making your own youtube videos and instructionals on how to exploit glitches is fairly frowned upon by the devs. I have two links to videos he posted on his own channel that show plenty of evidence of this, and I'm sure most of his other videos show exploits too.

Have you actually seen the bug exploits of famous Youtubers? Are those banned? I guess not. This isn't even considered a glitch. While theres thousand other Youtubers that made the Packanack glitch a trend. Idk why you show your hate for another person so openly but its kinda cute, and pathetic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

If you CAN somehow know exactly where Jason is gonna morph, that's abusing an exploit, plain and simple.

In real life, if you saw a pile of traps in front of the fuse box, you would never walk into them. You would lean over the traps to perform a repair or disarm the traps with a random weapon or object inside a cabin. The fact that Jason knows you're going to teleport to a specific spot during the repair animation and traps there accordingly is abusing an exploit, plain and simple. Also, counselors should only run in a straight line when Jason Shifts; all this crazy movement to avoid Shift grabs is exploiting knowledge about how the Shift mechanic works that counselors shouldn't have, so exploit.

Or, you know... this is a video game where you're supposed to look at implemented mechanics and optimize your strategy taking them all into account, so these aren't exploits.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, konamijudge said:

In real life, if you saw a pile of traps in front of the fuse box, you would never walk into them. You would lean over the traps to perform a repair or disarm the traps with a random weapon or object inside a cabin. The fact that Jason knows you're going to teleport to a specific spot during the repair animation and traps there accordingly is abusing an exploit, plain and simple. Also, counselors should only run in a straight line when Jason Shifts; all this crazy movement to avoid Shift grabs is exploiting knowledge about how the Shift mechanic works that counselors shouldn't have, so exploit.

Or, you know... this is a video game where you're supposed to look at implemented mechanics and optimize your strategy taking them all into account, so these aren't exploits.

Great post. Couldn't agree more

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Pappus and his "strategies" aren't welcome here.

 

To you they aren't but to me and others, they are welcome here. We all have different opinions, doesn't make them right or wrong, just different.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, konamijudge said:

In real life, if you saw a pile of traps in front of the fuse box, you would never walk into them. You would lean over the traps to perform a repair or disarm the traps with a random weapon or object inside a cabin. The fact that Jason knows you're going to teleport to a specific spot during the repair animation and traps there accordingly is abusing an exploit, plain and simple. Also, counselors should only run in a straight line when Jason Shifts; all this crazy movement to avoid Shift grabs is exploiting knowledge about how the Shift mechanic works that counselors shouldn't have, so exploit.

Or, you know... this is a video game where you're supposed to look at implemented mechanics and optimize your strategy taking them all into account, so these aren't exploits.

remember that using prior map knowledge to intuit where cars are after picking up a part is exploitative too.

instead, you gotta take the objectives out into woods and run around aimlessly until you get killed. For the maximum immersion experience, because that is exactly what a character in the movies would do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...