@konamijudge I think you confuse what is using mechanics with what is abusing mechanics that weren't even meant to be there. 

Also, I may not have communicated my immersion thought well. The difference in my head is between playing a Friday the 13th game and just a generic game. When mechanics are abused and that is all I see, it becomes just a game, and the skin on it no longer matters to me. 

That is problematic for me because the fact that this is a Friday the 13th game is why I am here and why I stay. 

@Pappus I think you are saying two wrongs make a right. They piss me off so I piss them off. 

I have watched many of your videos, and several of them have helped me out. Yet, some leave a bad taste in my mouth. Maybe it is just a generational difference in how I see games and my fellow players. 

I personally don't put you in the same category as trolls and griefers, but you share some sentiment with them, and you show that here and in your stingers and transitions. You too are looking to mine salt and justify it behind, it's just a game and, this is just how I play and other people do it!

15 minutes ago, Pappus said:

Yes everything is always easy to swallow, when something else chews it for you. It certainly isn't high level, obviously everyone knows about it since it is so apparent how morph works. Yet somehow I never saw another soul put down a morphtrap in 3 months. I get called a cheater the absolute majority of the time I employ the traps, because it is so apparent how morph works right?

The massive amount of people telling me how they didn't even morph there etc is all imaginary and all this although I explained how morph works pretty much the day the game was released, while people even in this very forum denied it since they could "easily" and "skillfully" morph on top of people.

So yes I am not gonna trick myself into believing that this technique is high level at all. It is in fact so low that basically everyone always knew about it and it was just beneath them to use it ;)

Still gonna place them in front of doors. I'd rather by myself a couple seconds when Jason is riding my ass and not when he morphs to a location to get trapped for a couple seconds.

17 minutes ago, Pappus said:

There is a reason the F13 basically has no content creators left. This forum is a big part of it.

I really don't think content creators give two shits about the forums :)

The games very bare bones. The reason they're almost no content creators for it is because there's not a lot of content to discuss other than new exploits.

51 minutes ago, Pappus said:

Yes everything is always easy to swallow, when something else chews it for you. It certainly isn't high level, obviously everyone knows about it since it is so apparent how morph works. Yet somehow I never saw another soul put down a morphtrap in 3 months. I get called a cheater the absolute majority of the time I employ the traps, because it is so apparent how morph works right?

The massive amount of people telling me how they didn't even morph there etc is all imaginary and all this although I explained how morph works pretty much the day the game was released, while people even in this very forum denied it since they could "easily" and "skillfully" morph on top of people.

So yes I am not gonna trick myself into believing that this technique is high level at all. It is in fact so low that basically everyone always knew about it and it was just beneath them to use it ;)

There is a reason the F13 basically has no content creators left. This forum is a big part of it.

The forum doesn't need to support content creators and in a way posting content goes against the rules if the creator is monetizing their channel. They're basically promoting their own product.

This forum in particular has seen many content creators show up here with holier-than-thou attitudes that rub people the wrong way. The content they created is presented as gospel and they struggle with any criticism or debate. That's on them, not the forum. A forum is open to discussion and debate always.

If the game is actually losing content creators, I'd point the finger at the game's lack of content before accusing forums of being a problem.

32 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Still gonna place them in front of doors. I'd rather by myself a couple seconds when Jason is riding my ass and not when he morphs to a location to get trapped for a couple seconds.

I really don't think content creators give two shits about the forums :)

The games very bare bones. The reason they're almost no content creators for it is because there's not a lot of content to discuss other than new exploits.

I agree, trapping a morph spot doesn't really provide much because you can't ensure Jason will hit that trap when you could use the extra time to escape, etc. At least at the door of a cabin it will generally give you a head start. Trapping morph spots is basically trolling to cause a minor annoyance unless used when repairing the car and expecting to mess up while doing so, etc.

• Like 2

"Guy does hinky thing, pisses person off."

I could write this story ten times a day, oh well.

Well this escalated quickly.  Honestly, I don't really see a point to creating a meta for this game.  It's not a high level competitive game like Overwatch, Lol, Dota, etc.  It's competitive but I doubt you will see this airing on the next big eSports tournament.  This game is more fun than it is competitive.  

The only reason so far I have seen to create a meta for this game has been to exploit.  While I doubt we will see this become a situation where everyone is doing it, it still feels cheap.  Most people probably believe when you select a position on the map to morph you are morphing to that spot you selected.  The fact that you are now being put in a pre-selected spot that someone can trap is cheap.

1 hour ago, bewareofbears said:

The forum doesn't need to support content creators and in a way posting content goes against the rules if the creator is monetizing their channel. They're basically promoting their own product.

This forum in particular has seen many content creators show up here with holier-than-thou attitudes that rub people the wrong way. The content they created is presented as gospel and they struggle with any criticism or debate. That's on them, not the forum. A forum is open to discussion and debate always.

If the game is actually losing content creators, I'd point the finger at the game's lack of content before accusing forums of being a problem.

I agree, trapping a morph spot doesn't really provide much because you can't ensure Jason will hit that trap when you could use the extra time to escape, etc. At least at the door of a cabin it will generally give you a head start. Trapping morph spots is basically trolling to cause a minor annoyance unless used when repairing the car and expecting to mess up while doing so, etc.

That's my take on it...It's utterly pointless.

Pappus just seems to love that whiteboard a whole lot.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ZooMalfunction said:

Yes, Jason has to eat the trap

No, the councillor traps placed at the phone are not supposed to be set, just placed. Screw Jason, so many games, especially with bag head, both cars and phone are fully trapped up. Jason should not even know where the phone is, the councillors have to find it and the fuse so Jason should have to go looking too.

9 minutes ago, Peter1970 said:

Jason should not even know where the phone is

Don't think I've ever seen a more gamebreaking suggestion. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Agreed. That's a horrible suggestion, especially given the amount of games I've been in where someone spawned at said cabin, the phone box fuse was in there and the cops were called in under 2 or 3 minutes. This would make that a regular (and unwelcome) occurrence.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

That's my take on it...It's utterly pointless.

Pappus just seems to love that whiteboard a whole lot.

There are morphspots that are within grabbing distance of the objective. So if Jason randomly decides to morph there while you do it you are dead. Yeah a morph trap provides nothing there.

Of course you wouldn't know that since the concept of morphspots is new to you.

Jason hears the car starting and morphs? Boom trapped and now you can sail smooth.

I bet you every person who is ripping on pappus or this video are the same people who think this game is perfectly balanced or that every cheap mechanic or exploit that benefits Jason is fine because "Jason supposed to be OP". 

11 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Hardly game breaking considering whoever spawns at the phone is frequently killed in first 2 minutes of the game, I'd say that is game breaking for the councillor affected; as it often happens to me, though I am getting better at getting away. 

Jason's are also able to glitch councillor traps by simply shifting or use combat stance to move over the traps making councillors traps useless compared to Jason's traps. I also have suggested a 60 second cool down in-between each time Jason can set a trap. There is a cool down for throwing knives and other abilities so why not for setting traps.

10 minutes ago, Emperiex said:

Agreed. That's a horrible suggestion, especially given the amount of games I've been in where someone spawned at said cabin, the phone box fuse was in there and the cops were called in under 2 or 3 minutes. This would make that a regular (and unwelcome) occurrence.

That is very rare. I have played hundreds of these games and that scenario has only happened probably 5 times at best. I have only managed that once myself in all those games.

This seems like another mostly non-issue that people blow out of proportion.
Morph-trapping Jason only slows him down for a couple of seconds - valuable, but hardly game-breaking, and unlike, say, a doorway, requires you to try and memorize the exact spot where he's going to appear if he morphs, and figure out which possible spot he's morphing to, and have a bear trap, lug it across the map, and place it in that exact spot before he morphs there.  

And since, as Pappas pointed out, there tend to be at least two morph spots close to each major objective, depending on where you aim the cursor in relation to it...good luck with that.  It's a neat gimmick but unless you dedicate yourself to memorizing each of those spots and then spend all your games hunting down bear traps and placing them in those precise spots, this is hardly a game-breaking exploit.

Not sure about the blocking Jason's traps with your own trap thing.  I'll be curious to see how Gun addresses that.  It has the potential certainly, to be abused, but again: this requires you to find a bear trap, get to the fuse box, and place the trap before Jason gets there.  And any good Jason will be there in the first 20 seconds of a round, so again: good luck pulling that off with any regularity.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Peter1970 said:

Hardly game breaking considering whoever spawns at the phone is frequently killed in first 2 minutes of the game, I'd say that is game breaking for the councillor affected; as it often happens to me, though I am getting better at getting away. 

Jason's are also able to glitch councillor traps by simply shifting or use combat stance to move over the traps making councillors traps useless compared to Jason's traps. I also have suggested a 60 second cool down in-between each time Jason can set a trap. There is a cool down for throwing knives and other abilities so why not for setting traps.

Shifting over traps isn't an exploit, but combat stance is.

60 second timer on traps is a horrible idea.

If he morphs to the phone house and tries to kill you just kite the mf. Take up his time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Peter1970 said:

That is very rare. I have played hundreds of these games and that scenario has only happened probably 5 times at best. I have only managed that once myself in all those games.

It's happened to me more often than that. It actually happened yesterday/last night a couple of times and even to me as Jason. Thing is, only a handful of times does everybody or mostly everybody escape. Any good Jason is gonna go to work whether the cops are on their way or not. But taking out Jason knowing where the cabin is located would be a major hindrance no matter how you look at it.

9 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

If he morphs to the phone house and tries to kill you just kite the mf. Take up his time.

Pretty much this.  

It's the start of the game and he already wasted his morph.  He really can't do more to you after that unless you stand still and make it an easy catch.  What is he going to do?  Sense you to death?  

While you are kiting Jason the other 6 counselors are building the Car/boat and finding the fuse.  If that Jason wants to waste 4 or 5 minutes chasing you at the start of the game, that's just a bad Jason.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

What does "kite the mf" mean? I am pretty sure I know what mf stands for but not 'kite'. I did managed to knock out a Jason 4 times with 2 bats using Deborah but of course he just kept at me and got me after about 4 or 5 minutes of only chasing me.

For Corkenstein - Anyone who wastes a shift to avoid a trap is a idiot. A few seconds caught compared to how long it takes for shift to regenerate. Mugs.

Just now, Peter1970 said:

What does "kite the mf" mean? I am pretty sure I know what mf stands for but not 'kite'. I did managed to knock out a Jason 4 times with 2 bats using Deborah but of course he just kept at me and got me after about 4 or 5 minutes of only chasing me.

"Kite" is refferring to keeping him busy. Have him chase you and lead him on for as long as possible. Is someone sent 1/4 the game trying to kill you then that's just a bad Jason.

1 minute ago, Peter1970 said:

For Corkenstein - Anyone who wastes a shift to avoid a trap is a idiot. A few seconds caught compared to how long it takes for shift to regenerate. Mugs.

Not necessarily. If I shift into a house over the bear trap then manage to shift grab them immediately I consider that a win.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

I did this last night, super inadvertantly.  I have zero issues if they want to patch it so that combat stance doesn't override traps (or even flare gun shots, unless that's deliberate) but right now it's incredibly easy to do by accident.

The other night I played against several smart, aggressive counselors who attacked me through the door, repeatedly stunning me, every time I tried to break down a door in combat stance.  That forced me to hit it normally, which took a lot longer - and then they jumped me once or twice coming through the door.  So I've gotten more cautious about when to use combat stance to attack a door, and have started going into combat stance and blocking the second the door comes down, in case someone is waiting there, or hiding off to the side, or has a flare gun pointed at my face, in hopes of not immediately getting stunned again when I step through.

Last night there were two people, one of whom had a flare gun pointed at the door, so I went into combat stance, blocked, stepped in, and as the flare bounced off me I heard a trap snap shut under me.  Never saw it, but I heard it go off harmlessly under me.  So I may have used two exploits in one, but I've never heard definitively if they wanted block to stop flare guns or not, and I wasn't trying to cheese the trap. 

Really hoping the next big patch fixes a bunch of broken perks and some of the weird interactions with things like blocking so it functions as intended.

2 minutes ago, Redcat345 said:

Counselor trap the phone? No problem, I'll eat the trap and place mine around it.

I don't understand how everyone is missing the point here: the idea is not to trap Jason.  You don't even have to ARM the trap - in fact, you're better off not arming it, so it can't harm other counselors.  The mere physical presence of the trap will prevent Jason from putting his own traps where the counselor crouches to install the fuse, so putting traps around it will do you no good.  The unarmed counselor trap is effectively creating a safe space which they can stand on and fix the fuse without fear of Jason's traps.

2 minutes ago, Crooked Wookie said:

Really hoping the next big patch fixes a bunch of broken perks and some of the weird interactions with things like blocking so it functions as intended.

I'd be lying if I said I haven't accidentally done that before. It's extremely easy to do. The one time I did do it I ummuted my mic and told the guy he gets 1 free swing.

He didn't last long after but at least he had a chance.

• Like 1