VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow

4 Strengths & Weaknesses Overhaul Version 3.0

@tyrant666 Buggzy with epic Slugger can demask even normal HP Jasons with 2 machete swings, so stacking -Defense and -HP on part 4 would make him profoundly weak and vulnerable to death. I know he died in part 4 but he wasn't a pushover. I think when NES Jason returns he could be the one Jason that can run and has +Shift. I think NES Jason could be +Run, +Shift, +Water Speed when he becomes his own thing.

The thing about putting +Shift on a running Jason is that the match is supposed to emulate what we see in the films. We didn't see any "human" Jason pop out of nowhere multiple times quickly like what we see with zombie Jasons later on. Human Jasons chased and ran after their victims, and if a runner had +Shift, there'd be less running. It would also be quite a strong combo and would need some of the most detrimental weakness combos possible. I think NES Jason could fulfill that role.

• Like 1

@VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow I was looking through Jason weaknesses, and I've found 2 things:

1. The Jason 8 ones (-Sense and -Grip Strength) are made to counter his Stalk ability.

2. Savini and Jason 4 share similar stats.

What if you select back +Stalk to J4 and swap -Shift with -Sense? If you do this, J4 can use the Shift-Stalk combo effectively and his weaknesses will be made to counter both his Stalk ability and good pressure.

With bad Sense, he cannot locate counselors with ease and with good Stalk, he will behave more like his movie counterpart.

And Savini has -Grip Strength. So, keep this weakness to make J4 more like the running counterpart of SJ.

What do you think?

@NoOneK9503 I've changed J4 so much that I don't know what to think any more. One thing then another. I think J4's weaknesses are perfect for my tastes. I don't care whether he has +Morph or +Stalk, they're both equally valid for J4 and we keep swapping it back and forth.

EDIT: I swapped it back to +Stalk because that's my personal preferance, as well as I remember when Part 4 had a hidden +Morph by mistake when he was first released and he was pretty strong with it, perhaps too strong.

• Like 1

Now that we can swap weapons, we need this idea to happen to keep the uniqueness factor for each Jason. Weapon had previously played a big part in how a Jason would play and I feel that the 3 and 3 perks is not enough to offset how they play.

• Thanks 1

On first page +Fear is made to increase fear 2x as fast, but there´s no mention about how fast it depletes. I guess fear would deplete 2x slower than normal.

24 minutes ago, Mr. HK 92 said:

On first page +Fear is made to increase fear 2x as fast, but there´s no mention about how fast it depletes. I guess fear would deplete 2x slower than normal.

The way it is now, once a counselor gets to max fear, it already takes a while to return to normal. I fear that meddling with the time to return to normal composure too much might make fear control perks irrelevant. Maybe it could work having fear take a bit longer to return to normal, I don't know. The main point of +Fear is to keep counselor stamina from regenerating quickly in Jason's presence by keeping them in a high fear state, and to help with Sense tracking. I feel like a counselor shouldn't be punished after Jason has left the vicinity.

It could also make "jump scare" events and power outages do slightly more fear jumps, but those I wouldn't want to go too far so that related fear perks don't also become irrelevant. Likely just a little, like 20% bigger fear spike from dead bodies or something.