VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow

4 Strengths & Weaknesses Overhaul Version 3.0

1 minute ago, dmack621 said:

I make full use of stalk with Part 6, always have. Many people do play him incorrectly to his strengths and weaknesses. 

What I would honestly do here? Remove Throwing knives as a strength. Yes he starts with them, but every Jason can get them at game start and the few seconds to grab a knife before morphing to where you can grab another knife after trapping an objective is inconsequential. I would leave his stalk as is because it's fine ... it's not as long as Part 8 etc but isn't crazy short and shouldn't be. I would raise his HP as he's a zombie Jason, not a human Jason. If we're adding a strength and weakness this is how part 6 would look:

Strengths:

+Defense - This Jason has more hit points than others which means he is harder to demask and is more successful on block.

+Sense -This ability has a faster cooldown, can last longer once activated, and has a wider effective range starting off.

+ Shift - The cooldown for this ability is shorter, and can move at faster speed.

+ Stealth - This Jason is less noisy than other Jasons, not including the stalk ability. ie: His footsteps sound more like counselors when not in stalk.

Weaknesses:

- Can't run - This Jason can only fast walk and not run like part 2,3,4 Jasons.

- Morph - The cooldown for this ability is longer.

- Boat Stun - This Jason can be stunned by the boat propeller while attempting a boat stop if not in the right placement.

- Grip Strength - this Jason's grasp is easier to break free from than others.

Well, that's... different. Can't say I agree with it but it's different. "Stealth" wouldn't matter because Jason's music announces his presence when not using Stalk, "Boat Stun," well I think that would be better suited as something else entirely like a new way to kill any Jason in the future.

I'm thinking -Water Speed could replace -Stalk. He only went into the water at the end and didn't travel far. Given that Water Speed is not an issue at least half the time then that would free up that slot for better Stalk.

What if +Destruction makes Jason able to break hiding places twice as fast. This would give those Jasons another way to wear down counselors. Hiding places will quickly recharge stamina, so making part 4 able to quickly break them at the start of the match sounds exciting.

I have been thinking about Uber Jason´s stats and i want to suggest one change. Maybe Uber Jason should have +Hit Points simply because he has metal armor. No other Jasons has this strength, so it would make Uber Jason more unique. That metal mask seems to be stuck on his face extremely well. I´m not sure which one of destruction and wepons strength should get replaced if +Hit Points is added.

2 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Thanks, I saw you said something about Part 4's water speed but deleted it. I did mention water speed in my post.

Yeah, I thought it was a mistake, as I just read the first words

I have idea for Stalk. How about if Stalk makes setting traps and picking throwing knives completely muted. Two scenarios: 1) Jason activates Stalk and is waiting for good opportynity to strike. Counselor is in nearby room so it is possible to hear a knife getting picked. Jason also happens to be next to a throwing knife. Jason could be more efficient if he could be able to silently pick throwing knives while keeping an eye on the counselor. 2) Jason happens to have traps left and then Stalk-Shifts to front door. He now quietly places trap and then breaks in. This causes panick on counselors and one of them may step to that trap because he/she didnt knew about it.

• Like 1

I like the ideas as I mentioned long ago in the thread.

Though I would modify the way rage works to be more about gaining more cooldowns and slight abilities than getting rage faster.

Neutral Rage - What it is now

+ Rage - Jason has 5 second cooldowns on all abilities and he can't be stunned when bursting through doors...I orignally thought of allowing Jason with +rage to be able to shift destroy doors but that might be too OP.

No Jason would have negative rage. Wouldn't make a lick of sense.

Also Grip Strength would have a damage modifer to accompany it, making the grab itself more deadly, but not something that can ever kill you unless the grab kill is executed.

- Grip Strength - Does no damage or maybe 10 percent, equating to about 10 grabs before a counselor will limp when freed if they don't heal

Neutral Grip Strength - 4 grabs equals a need for a heal otherwise the counselor limps

+ Grip Strength - 2 Grabs equals a need for a heal otherwise you limp

17 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

I like the ideas as I mentioned long ago in the thread.

Though I would modify the way rage works to be more about gaining more cooldowns and slight abilities than getting rage faster.

Neutral Rage - What it is now

+ Rage - Jason has 5 second cooldowns on all abilities and he can't be stunned when bursting through doors...I orignally thought of allowing Jason with +rage to be able to shift destroy doors but that might be too OP.

No Jason would have negative rage. Wouldn't make a lick of sense.

Also Grip Strength would have a damage modifer to accompany it, making the grab itself more deadly, but not something that can ever kill you unless the grab kill is executed.

- Grip Strength - Does no damage or maybe 10 percent, equating to about 10 grabs before a counselor will limp when freed if they don't heal

Neutral Grip Strength - 4 grabs equals a need for a heal otherwise the counselor limps

+ Grip Strength - 2 Grabs equals a need for a heal otherwise you limp

For +Rage perhaps a 1 second invulnerability period when smashing through doors, just enough to get back in the fight. 5 second cooldowns on abilities is just OP, it would be kind of pointless to try to fight against that. It would be nothing but shift-grab-shift-grab-shift-grab until they're out of stamina and then they're dead. It could have a very minor buff to cooldown times, like 5-10% less, but more than that might be OP.

Grip strength causing damage makes sense, but I think your tiers are too strong at the higher end. I think 15-17% damage maximum(I think that is just above the damage value of crawling through broken windows) would be fine for +Grip Strength. -Grip could be 5-7% and Normal Grip be 10-12%.

• Like 2

Would it be too OP if Rage would make Jason able to break those bigger fences at Higgins Haven barn or fences at balconies? I mean only those balconies at first floor. Rage is cool but i would like to break some more stuff and fences would be good addition to that list. Hopefully in future we would be able to break some furniture.

On 12/12/2017 at 2:22 PM, Mr. HK 92 said:

Would it be too OP if Rage would make Jason able to break those bigger fences at Higgins Haven barn or fences at balconies? I mean only those balconies at first floor. Rage is cool but i would like to break some more stuff and fences would be good addition to that list. Hopefully in future we would be able to break some furniture.

That's actually a good idea. The breakable fences are kind of annoying. Before launch, when they announced breaking those fences, they said they thought about allowing Jason to rage through those small fences. That could be a good bonus to +Rage. He could just break them without breaking stride. If they made the higgins 1st floor railing breakable, that would add another set of physics objects and might possibly hurt performance, but if it's possible to do then that should be an addition.

I'm thinking +Rage should allow that particular Jason to walk through fences even before Rage is gained. I'm thinking it should also allow that Jason to "Rage" through those fragile windowed doors before Rage is gained as well. It could be a neat buff.

I edited the original post to add this to +Rage. I also edited Grip Strength to inflict damage and stamina debuffs.

EDIT: 've re-worked Part 3 Jason and removed +Defense as part of the strengths & weaknesses. Part 3 now has an additional +Destruction and -Water Speed.

Also, I am considering REMOVING the addition of -Throwing Knives(but keeping the other part of starting with knives already in inventory). Right now Part 8 is the only Jason with -Throwing Knives. I could simply add -Grip Strength back to him, but in my personal taste I don't think that stat is suited to the character. The negative stat that comes to mind for part 8 in my personal opinion is -Traps. I think with the addition of +Morph, that could make up for only 3 traps, but I want more opinions on this.

I was thinking about Stun Resistance when i got an idea for stun situations where Jason falls on his back. These apply for weapons which typically knock Jason on the ground (shotgun, baseball bat etc.). I´m suggesting these ideas to be added to what was proposed earlier in this thread.

-Stun Resistance
Jason falls allways on his back.                                                                         

Neutral Stun Resistance
50% chance of falling on his back.

+Stun Resistance
Never falls on his back no matter what weapon is used. Jason would just turn his head to other side like he does currently. This would look more appropriate for Uber Jason.

In my opinion Weapon Strength and Destruction should be merged to one ability. It feels strange that fireaxe chooses to do more damage to doors but less to counselors. It´s like the fireaxe is aware of its surroundings. I suggest that this new ability would be simply called Weapon Damage. It also affects how quickly Jason can destroy hiding places.

-Weapon Damage: Barricaded door -> 7 hits. Unbarricaded door -> 4 hits (glass doors -> 2 hits). Unperked counselor -> 5 hits. 25% slower hiding place destruction speed.

Neutral Weapon Damage: Barricaded door -> 5 hits. Unbarricaded door -> 3 hits. Unperked counselor -> 4 hits. Normal hiding place destruction speed.

+Weapon Damage: Barricaded door -> 3 hits. Unbarricaded door -> 2 hits. Unperked counselor -> 3 hits. 25% faster hiding place destruction speed.

7 hits do barricaded door may seem excessive but with combat stance it shouldn´t be that much slower at all.

On a less serious note, I’m glad you’re one of those people who believe Paul lived at the end of Part 2 :)

1 hour ago, Yoshman2523 said:

On a less serious note, I’m glad you’re one of those people who believe Paul lived at the end of Part 2 :)

Really?  I thought Paul was for sure dead because on the back of the deluxe edition cover of Friday the 13the part 2 there's an image of Paul that wasn't in the movie. 

https://youtu.be/qWtx33oX_E0

6 hours ago, Yoshman2523 said:

I don't think I've ever said I think Paul lived, did I? Or are you referring to someone else?

I don't think the end of part 2 was a dream sequence. The drastic difference between Jason's look in part 2 and 3 can be attributed to a visual retcon. That's my reason for why all the Jasons look different.

Bump. Hey, what do you guys think of replacing Part 4 +Stalk with +Morph?

Good thread.

Bump to reflect what I think some of the revised stats should be with Roy added.

Part 3

+ Weapon Strength

+ Can Run

+ Defense

+ Throwing Knives

- Water Speed

- Stun Resistance

- Sense

- Stalk

Part 4

+ Destruction

+ Weapon Strength

+ Shift

+ Can Run

- Morph

- Traps

- Less Hit Points

- Defense

@tyrant666 Looks like you want to do away with Grip Strength as a modifier. I still think Grip Strength should be a variable.

Stacking -Less HP and -Defense on Part 4 seems a little too much. He'd be the easiest Jason to kill. Just my opinion.

It seems to me the devs think there shouldn't be a +Defense, except for maybe Uber Jason where it might be applicable if he had powerful weaknesses. I'm trying to stay in-line with their mode of thinking so hopefully they'd be more inclined to agree.

• Like 1

@tyrant666 I'm still with VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow about Part 3 having +Grip Strength and not +Defense.

In regards of your suggestion for Part 4 Jason, I think he would be way too unbalanced. He would be a very powerful hunter, but the worst objective controller in the game. He would be like a Running Part 6 Jason.

I'd swap -Defense with -Grip Strength due to his excellent skill of chasing counselors. And -Morph with -Water Speed.

• Like 1

@VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow

Oh im still pro damage modifier for Grip Strength to make it more useful and legit as a strength and weakness.

I (like you) don't think the devs would have the nerve to go through with it though, just like RAGE as a strength. So im thinking Defense could be applied to one of the Jasons. Whether its Uber or Part 3 in particular.

@NoOneK9503

With those Part 4 stats. He would be even more effective early/mid game. He would be as of now, the only running Jason with +Shift as a strength, but Morph/Traps/Less HP/Defense match his film counterpart much more I feel. I would want his water speed neutral, since it makes no sense to me that its a weakness given all the water action in Part 4. If you want, you could change the Morph weakness for - Grip Strength to match his other weaknesses.

I still think NES Jason could be the quickest to match that game.

If we go with the 4 strength/weaknesses idea here.

+ Can Run

+ Morph

+ Shift

+ Throwing Knives (NES Jason threw his weapons at counselors in the side scrolling aspect of this game)

- Destruction (The first time as a weakness, somewhere like 8-10 strikes to break down a door, combat stance or otherwise)

- Traps

- Stun Resistance

- Less Hit Points - Even though you had to defeat Jason 3 times in the NES game, I feel like something would have to be non canon, I'm hesitant to give him Weapon Strength as a weakness because NES Jason plowed through counselors in the side scrolling aspect and in cabin fights or Water Speed because NES Jason ran through the water as fast as the other Jasons with it as a strength.

@tyrant666 I still think your suggestions to Part 4 Jason makes him unbalanced. I know, replicating the movies is cool and all, but in practice, it doesn't work at all.

I can still put some stats from the movies to make a homage though. This time, I'll put neutral Water Speed and Shift.

Here are my new version of your stats:

+Can Run

+Weapon Damage

+Destruction

+Stalk

-Grip Strength

-Less Hit Points

-Traps

-Sense

Note: If you like it, tell VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow.