Ok so a couple friends and myself (2 -101's, 1 60+) were helping a new guy that is a level 12 and had the game for almost 2 months (obviously doesn't play much) because of the toxic players, so we told him we would help him learn to play. Well one of the games we are playing, he is Jason (2nd time EVER) and doesn't know what he's doing. Well we get the car started (I always Mute Jason at the beginning of the match) and I want to do some off road driving (practice) so we go 4x4 through the woods. We are driving around for a good 5-6 minutes or so after one of our guys calls the cops, finally the cops arrive and i'm driving out the exit with the cops and low and behold there's two A$$holes glitched out of the match and on the bridge, Jason is there just staring at them (we never really even saw him while driving around) So as usual, my two buddies want out to record them glitching so we can turn them in (don't know if it does anything or not, but at least makes me feel like i'm doing something) and they are up there laughing and we proceed to tell them to enjoy glitching cause we are turning them in and proceeded to get called names and the normal "I don't give a F#$# about this game, do it".

Then they come up with "well we will turn you in for working with Jason" which we started laughing about because it was like, ummm really we haven't seen Jason nor are we in a party chat and we have Jason muted, so anyway we just told them to enjoy themselves before their ban, in the meantime the 2 out of the car get killed and I drive out, Jason gets pissed (for one he don't know why we are there out of the car and probably figured we were trying to troll him or glitch also) and rage quits. So we go to the lobby and you know, same rhetoric, so we leave and start a party. Long story short, these little turds got scared after they realized we were going to turn them in and do what kids do, name calling, reverse threatening, acting like they don't care and bla bla bla, oh and yes they did get turned in as usual. 

The good news is we were able to get that player in our party and explained what was going on and he told us that he was walking around for a while trying to figure out how to get up there and it was his wife that told him she read about ppl glitching and we told him how we roll about turning ppl in and he was cool about it and we proceeded to play several other games with this guy. He said he was ready and has left the game several times because of having such a bad time in public, he never even played a private, so at least we saved one player from leaving.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Camp_Blood_Killer said:

Ok so a couple friends and myself (2 -101's, 1 60+) were helping a new guy that is a level 12 and had the game for almost 2 months (obviously doesn't play much) because of the toxic players, so we told him we would help him learn to play. Well one of the games we are playing, he is Jason (2nd time EVER) and doesn't know what he's doing. Well we get the car started (I always Mute Jason at the beginning of the match) and I want to do some off road driving (practice) so we go 4x4 through the woods. We are driving around for a good 5-6 minutes or so after one of our guys calls the cops, finally the cops arrive and i'm driving out the exit with the cops and low and behold there's two A$$holes glitched out of the match and on the bridge, Jason is there just staring at them (we never really even saw him while driving around) So as usual, my two buddies want out to record them glitching so we can turn them in (don't know if it does anything or not, but at least makes me feel like i'm doing something) and they are up there laughing and we proceed to tell them to enjoy glitching cause we are turning them in and proceeded to get called names and the normal "I don't give a F#$# about this game, do it".

Then they come up with "well we will turn you in for working with Jason" which we started laughing about because it was like, ummm really we haven't seen Jason nor are we in a party chat and we have Jason muted, so anyway we just told them to enjoy themselves before their ban, in the meantime the 2 out of the car get killed and I drive out, Jason gets pissed (for one he don't know why we are there out of the car and probably figured we were trying to troll him or glitch also) and rage quits. So we go to the lobby and you know, same rhetoric, so we leave and start a party. Long story short, these little turds got scared after they realized we were going to turn them in and do what kids do, name calling, reverse threatening, acting like they don't care and bla bla bla, oh and yes they did get turned in as usual. 

The good news is we were able to get that player in our party and explained what was going on and he told us that he was walking around for a while trying to figure out how to get up there and it was his wife that told him she read about ppl glitching and we told him how we roll about turning ppl in and he was cool about it and we proceeded to play several other games with this guy. He said he was ready and has left the game several times because of having such a bad time in public, he never even played a private, so at least we saved one player from leaving.

Wow. I don't get it man. Why the love for glitching?? What's so awesome about standing up there the whole game

It's nice to see that you were trying to help a new player! Playing Jason for the first time is difficult for new players. Good to see you truly were trying to help the casual gamer! 

As for the glitchers, I hope they get banned. Everyone knows the glitching in this game by now so doing it is just asking to get banned. It's part of the reason I personally don't play online as much anymore, the people can be infuriating to say the least.   

yeah it was not like they didn't know it was a ban offense, because they also said that about working with Jason is something to get banned over, so yeah they weren't some innocent kids that didn't know better.

I personally feel muting Jason is tantamout to cheating. You're purposely subverting an intentional part of the game's balance by making sure you can talk without being overheard.

It's an exploit.

Obviously not the same as glitching, but I don't see how you can act like you're taking the high road when you do stuff like that yourself.

1 hour ago, 7theye said:

Wow. I don't get it man. Why the love for glitching?? What's so awesome about standing up there the whole game

Sometimes it's just the easy road to take.

Sometimes it is attention span. Once you play enough matches the repetition gets boring for those who are more used to a regular dopamine hit. 

Sometimes it is because with technology seperating us from each other and leading to needing likes or dislikes to get interaction people will seek out negative attention.

Sometimes it is people feeling seperated from others in game because we are all nameless and faceless, so you can hurt others without fear of repercussions.

Sometimes it is mimickry. There is a part of our human condition that almost requires us to seek out community, and when we don't have a solid self image we will mimick others with lots of friends or followers just to try and belong.

The internet often brings out the worst in a person's personality, but most often it sheds the social veneer. Online we don't have to be nice, we don't have to fit in, we don't have to pretend to like our boss, we don't have to be kind to someone because there are no consequences. Even when there are consequences, such as bans, we can easily make excuses and justifications.

Our ID can come out and play because our super ego doesn't have to be worried about social pressure from those in imediate contact with our day to day lives. We can seek out the dopamine and saratonin because the consequences do not impact our survival.

Sometimes people are just dicks.

8 minutes ago, ZooMalfunction said:

I personally feel muting Jason is tantamout to cheating. You're purposely subverting an intentional part of the game's balance by making sure you can talk without being overheard.

It's an exploit.

Obviously not the same as glitching, but I don't see how you can act like you're taking the high road when you do stuff like that yourself.

I hardly see how that is cheating. Maybe I don't want to listen to all the squeakers tell me how they are going to kill me or try to make a deal with me to rat out other counselors or play music or tell you how they are going to preform a sexual act on you with their weapon and so on. Besides I follow the rules, if GunMedia says it's cheating, then I won't do it. 

I can't believe you question my morals and taking the high road, well I do take the high road. Curious, why that triggered you?

Just now, Camp_Blood_Killer said:

I hardly see how that is cheating. Maybe I don't want to listen to all the squeakers tell me how they are going to kill me or try to make a deal with me to rat out other counselors or play music or tell you how they are going to preform a sexual act on you with their weapon and so on. Besides I follow the rules, if GunMedia says it's cheating, then I won't do it. 

I can't believe you question my morals and taking the high road, well I do take the high road. Curious, why that triggered you?

Yeah I think @ZooMalfunction believes when you mute someone they cannot hear you, rather than you not hearing them.

Ie, if I mute Jason he cannot hear me speak. I am not sure it works that way. I think when you mute someone it is just you cannot hear them.

2 minutes ago, Camp_Blood_Killer said:

no it's both, they can't hear you and you can't hear them. 

In which case, I think @ZooMalfunction has a point, though more of a soft point.

I wouldn't go so far as to calling it cheating, but it can be an advantage.

While it does have the effect of not filling in Jason on plans, being able to hear counselors is not really that big of a negative. My experience has been that counselors misinform on the regular. I never listen to what they say and always go by what the sfx and visuals are telling me.

30 minutes ago, ZooMalfunction said:

It's an exploit.

What? Muting Jason does not mute YOU from Jason... Jason can still hear you, you just can't hear Jason...

1 hour ago, 7theye said:

I've heard "for the exp", and "to survive". Those are the two most common excuses from glitchers. 

20 minutes of standing doing nothing, for 200 xp. That's the logic. 

Most of us know you can rack up FAR more xp, by doing things, and dying or escaping, in ten minutes, and then starting a new match.

Glitchers are stupid. Or trolling. Or both.

19 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

What? Muting Jason does not mute YOU from Jason... Jason can still hear you, you just can't hear Jason...

On PS4 at least, muting is a 2-way street. if you mute someone, they can't hear you either. It's essentially an audio blocking. I can't speak for Xbox or Steam though.

It's a known exploit. I see plenty of people muting Jason as soon as they see who the killer is, then unmuting him in the post-game lobby so they can talk to them as a counselor next game. It's widespread, and not something Gun could enforce, as game muting is a PS4 privacy feature. They can't override a Sony policy.

If you habitually mute Jason each match, and are fully aware it mutes you too (as the OP admits to both counts) you're doing a skeezy action for a one-sided benefit that is not intended to be used that way. That's not the same as muting a toxic player, as the OP weakly excuses. Not if you do it every single game. You know this. I know this.

Anyone who denies this is an exploit is using the exact same psychology as the glitching kids, just on a smaller scale. I'm not about to congratulate someone who does that for their ethical play.

Zoo is correct. Imvhho.

PS4 mute, mutes both ways.

Denying a stalking Jason the ability to overhear chatter and info, is cheesy. Jason doesn't have a walkie, so what he hears is proximity based. Mute isn't "glitching", not exactly, but it is attempting to gain an IG advantage, by bypassing the proximity hearing of Jason. 

16 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

@ZooMalfunction I play on PC. I'll have to test this. I wonder if the two-way mute is part of Sony's online network. Hopefully it's not and can be patched away.

It will be a Sony policy. It's designed in the same way you can block someone on FB or Twitter. It's designed not just to protect your ears, but also your privacy.

It's open to exploits as a result in corner cases such as this, but they'd rather leave a handful of games open to exploits than the entire playerbase open to abuse.

Muting Jason allows you to coordinate accurately with the rest of the team without worrying about him overhearing you. It subverts a major point of the chat system. It's worse IMO even than people who roll in party chat. They essentially get instant walkies, and Jason can't hear them, but at least they can't talk and coordinate with anyone else either, so that exploit has a downside.

With this, the benefit is 100% one-sided. It's a minor cheat, but still a cheat in my book.

43 minutes ago, ZooMalfunction said:

It will be a Sony policy. It's designed in the same way you can block someone on FB or Twitter. It's designed not just to protect your ears, but also your privacy.

It's open to exploits as a result in corner cases such as this, but they'd rather leave a handful of games open to exploits than the entire playerbase open to abuse.

Muting Jason allows you to coordinate accurately with the rest of the team without worrying about him overhearing you. It subverts a major point of the chat system. It's worse IMO even than people who roll in party chat. They essentially get instant walkies, and Jason can't hear them, but at least they can't talk and coordinate with anyone else either, so that exploit has a downside.

With this, the benefit is 100% one-sided. It's a minor cheat, but still a cheat in my book.

so obviously the 70% of people using party chat is a cheat also, since they can hear each other anywhere at anytime without using a walkie? same logic right? oh and Jason can't hear them.

51 minutes ago, ZooMalfunction said:

On PS4 at least, muting is a 2-way street. if you mute someone, they can't hear you either. It's essentially an audio blocking. I can't speak for Xbox or Steam though.

40 minutes ago, CowardlyBadger said:

Zoo is correct. Imvhho.

PS4 mute, mutes both ways.

Denying a stalking Jason the ability to overhear chatter and info, is cheesy. Jason doesn't have a walkie, so what he hears is proximity based. Mute isn't "glitching", not exactly, but it is attempting to gain an IG advantage, by bypassing the proximity hearing of Jason. 

1 hour ago, Camp_Blood_Killer said:

I've posted about this before and I agree with Zoo.

I believe that you're not purposely trying to gain an advantage and the reasons you do it are legit, but the effect of doing it is in turn shady game play. It's not intentional but that doesn't make it right. 

If it weren't Sony policy I'm sure it wouldn't be part of the game.

1 minute ago, Camp_Blood_Killer said:

so obviously the 70% of people using party chat is a cheat also, since they can hear each other anywhere at anytime without using a walkie? same logic right? oh and Jason can't hear them.

Oh absolutely! Party chat is 100 percent cheating when it comes to this game. Party chat is equal to team killing and glitching. 

When you say "the 70% of people using party chat", do you mean 70% of the 100% of people using party chat? Or are you saying that 70% of people playing the game use party chat?

i'm saying in a public match on PS4, my party has mics in game (3-4 - if we had anymore we'd be in private at that time), maybe JUST maybe one other person will be in a lobby with a mic, if you find two, go buy a lottery ticket or maybe just maybe you'll find a pamela tape that round. 

I never thought about it being a two way street makes sense though.  I don't glitch or cheat but I have no problem saying that I'll mute a Jason if their being obnoxious I don't want to listen to someone play music over there mic it drowns out being able to communicate with other people I may be trying to communicate with also I would never have thought to un mute someone who was an annoyance as a counselor if they became Jason the next match.  Once I've muted you you've been muted.  That unfortunately also goes for people with mics that have awful feedback.