Unlike the other consumables (knives and firecrackers), med sprays can be found not only in drawers, but also a large number of guaranteed spawns distributed evenly across every map.

The fact they're so common, easy to find, and Medic gives you twice the uses, means nobody ever really lacks healing items. This has resulted in the trap and window breaking systems being a lot weaker than they should be. The meta now is to simply get a character with Thick Skin to eat all the traps then heal rather than search for pocket knives. Stuck upstairs in a lodge? Just dive out the second story window and heal! No problems.

It also means that apart from Part 3, Jasons rarely use their weapons as people just shrug attacks off. As weapon attacks should be the defence against a mob of counselors (as grabs will just be instantly nullified) it makes Jasons laughably weak to group attacks, which will only get worse once friendly fire is turned off. It also ruins a lot of the tension and atmosphere when you go into an encounter knowing you can essentially afford to take a bunch of axe hits to the face. Having so many healing items makes Jason way less scary than he should be.

I'd argue that sprays should only be found in set locations or drawers - not both. They're twice as common as knives and firecrackers under this system, and Medic effectively makes them twice as common again, meaning for some players they get used 4 times as much as any other consumables in a match. That they also synergise brilliantly with arguably the most commonly used perk (Thick Skin) makes the current healing system overpowered.

They're currently a huge crutch for counselors, undermining a bunch of important game mechanics, and nerfing their frequency would make the game a lot more tactical and atmospheric than it currently is in my opinion.

At most they could reduce how much health sprays restore, but I don't think they need to reduce how many sprays spawn.

But you seem to have conflicting ideas about how powerful Jason is...

On 7/28/2017 at 1:08 PM, ZooMalfunction said:

This isn't even mentioning the fact that among good players, Jason is currently quite underpowered. Escaping is supposed to be the exception, not the norm. It's the problem with today's gamers who can't stand losing and don't have the attention span to get better.

11 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

At most they could reduce how much health sprays restore, but I don't think they need to reduce how many sprays spawn.

But you seem to have conflicting ideas about how powerful Jason is...

How is this a conflict at all?

I believe Jason to be underpowered. Med sprays being ubiquitous are part of the problem.

How you think bringing a quote in from another topic that is in 100% agreement with this stance is a form of 'gotcha' is beyond me.

1 minute ago, ZooMalfunction said:

How is this a conflict at all?

I believe Jason to be underpowered. Med sprays being ubiquitous are part of the problem,

How you think bringing a quote in from another topic that is in 100% agreement with this stance is a form of 'gotcha' is beyond me.

Oh I misunderstood your posts. I don't know how I got the wrong idea. But as I said they could nerf the healing effect but I think the amount is fine.

21 minutes ago, ZooMalfunction said:

The fact they're so common, easy to find, and Medic gives you twice the uses, means nobody ever really lacks healing items. This has resulted in the trap and window breaking systems being a lot weaker than they should be. The meta now is to simply get a character with Thick Skin to eat all the traps then heal rather than search for pocket knives. Stuck upstairs in a lodge? Just dive out the second story window and heal! No problems.

You can usually punish 2nd story window dives with Morph then a grab since the falling and standing up animations are so long. They also take (probably) 50% base damage of health. They're pretty bad, tbh.

The window break system is kinda weak, though this is compensated by windows being really bad anyway. Savini and Part 6 can get 2 melee strikes in when you vault/crawl through. Part 3 can get 1. I think all others can get 1 except maybe Part 7. So you take 40%/20% base melee strike damage depending on the Jason you face along with possibly 10% base damage if you crawl and guaranteed 20% base damage if you vault, as well as potential knife damage. I don't think windows need a nerf by a long shot. They're more of a last resort option unless you have legacy Thick Skinned.

Tanking traps will be meta whether you reduce Med Spray spawns or not. Chad/Tommy with 20% Thick Skinned can tank traps with under 1/3 of their health taken as damage. With perfect Medic, you heal 60% of health per spray use, so that's 120% potential health healed per Medic Spray item and close to 30% damage per trap, meaning potentially 4 traps tanked for 1 Medic Spray item with minor damage. The idea that you would ever trade 4 Pocket Knives for 1 Med Spray is actually laughable. Vanessa can tank traps pretty decently as well.

Also, the whole items sinking into the ground thing means you see a lot of Med Sprays destroyed without use. You can't TK after the next patch to get Spray when someone is a selfish hoarder and you're desperate, either. This game really doesn't need more sandbagging potential. And people who don't have the Medic perk will have it really brutal if the supply is reduced, so you'd have more new players quitting early.

• Like 2

I am one of these players. I don't have Thick Skin but I have the perk where you get to use med sprays twice. I like to have two sprays and one knife in my inventory. 

1 hour ago, ZooMalfunction said:

Unlike the other consumables (knives and firecrackers), med sprays can be found not only in drawers, but also a large number of guaranteed spawns distributed evenly across every map.

It also means that apart from Part 3, Jasons rarely use their weapons as people just shrug attacks off. As weapon attacks should be the defence against a mob of counselors (as grabs will just be instantly nullified) it makes Jasons laughably weak to group attacks, which will only get worse once friendly fire is turned off. It also ruins a lot of the tension and atmosphere when you go into an encounter knowing you can essentially afford to take a bunch of axe hits to the face. Having so many healing items makes Jason way less scary than he should be.

I'd argue that sprays should only be found in set locations or drawers - not both. They're twice as common as knives and firecrackers under this system, and Medic effectively makes them twice as common again, meaning for some players they get used 4 times as much as any other consumables in a match. That they also synergise brilliantly with arguably the most commonly used perk (Thick Skin) makes the current healing system overpowered.

They're currently a huge crutch for counselors, undermining a bunch of important game mechanics, and nerfing their frequency would make the game a lot more tactical and atmospheric than it currently is in my opinion.

If you getting owned by 5 people as Jason you are playing him wrong you do realize you can block and it nulls weapon damage to him and if they keep swinging they will break the weapon. Combat stance block hit get out of stance grab kill or just block swing when you get a chance to.

First aid does't fully heal you only a certain percent of your health, that why first aid perk increase healing. I never found first aid to be an issue cause the counselor has to stand still and use it. I also bear trap high use 2nd story windom escape. Lot of people use the same window to escape from.

Only thing I bear trap is phone box, like 2 to 3  once it goes off I morph. Not saying you are a bad jason cause jason is pretty op. Back to the subject tho I will say they do need to decrease first aid found on the map tho cause I usually run two use out of a frist aid and hand them out like candy to my fellow counselor.  A decrease would be nice  give me firecrackers pocket knife and first aid  ill kite jason for 20 min.

Even with decrease on thick skin it still good mines 25% which is nuts. I'm all for less first aid on maps

2 hours ago, ZooMalfunction said:

No

The med sprays seem like they're everywhere until you get hurt badly, limping around & Jason is on your tail, then you can't find any!

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Miss AJ said:

The med sprays seem like they're everywhere until you get hurt badly, limping around & Jason is on your tail, then you can't find any!

seriously. theyre only more common because only like 5 knives spawn on the map which isn't much. and i don't think med sprays need nerfing considering they don't heal you 100% and have no effect on Jason. plus too many of the houses on each map are empty as it is don't make it worse. you cant keep taking from the councilors and not Jason

I don't think they need nerfing, you can always find at least one in most cabins. They don't heal 100% if your at the lowest health. And, if Jason always jack and slashed every game, then health sprays would probably need to be as rare as pocket knives are.

9 hours ago, Miss AJ said:

Yeah, and on top of that, med sprays are infamous for glitching out when someone dies, so that person walking around with 3 med sprays just screwed everyone else over because now you can't grab any of them.

So no, OP, I don't think that med sprays need nerfing. They are balanced around the current game with players being forced to take traps. Perks are there for a reason, and the game is already heavily in favor of Jason.

25 minutes ago, AdrianBlackbear said:

Yeah, and on top of that, med sprays are infamous for glitching out when someone dies, so that person walking around with 3 med sprays just screwed everyone else over because now you can't grab any of them.

So no, OP, I don't think that med sprays need nerfing. They are balanced around the current game with players being forced to take traps. Perks are there for a reason, and the game is already heavily in favor of Jason.

Med sprays glitching out isn't as big of a deal as the fuse glitching out.

17 hours ago, ZooMalfunction said:

I think you are exaggerating quite a bit here. Councillors don't shrug off attacks. I have double use perk but I don't use it as I have other perks I'd rather have.

You said "means nobody ever really lacks healing items" - simply not true. Most people won't be running 2 med sprays.

Sounds like you don't like councillors getting away form you. Well, a lot of the time they don't get away. Also some Jason's will continually chase the same councillor at the start of the match until they ware them down. I knocked out the same Jason 4 times using Deborah Kim, this required 2 baseball bats, and he kept at me. I think this twat spent about 4/5 minutes of a 20 minute match just chasing me. It was the start of the match so plenty the "meat" out there but, oh no, he has to get me. This Jason like so many can't stand when a councillor gets away and they become some what vindictive until they get their kill. Then there are the Jason's who have their friends grassing on the other councillors which happened to me again last night!

As others have said, you may think there are plenty of med sprays, but when you are desperately needing one you can't get one unless someone gives you one.

What needs to be nerf is there needs to be a 60 second cool down in-between the deploying of Jason traps. I've been in lodges and Jason twat sets traps at the only two windows, which he has also smashed, and they sometimes also trap the door giving NO chance of escape whatsoever. Jason has too many advantages. The only time he has some slight trouble is when there are 3 or 4 councillors and even then Jason can still kill most of them, without much trouble.

Councillor perks are already nerft! VIDEO -  "HEAVY HITTER PERK WORKS or DOESN'T MythBusters Friday The 13th The Game PERKS that DON'T WORK"

8 hours ago, Peter1970 said:

What needs to be nerf is there needs to be a 60 second cool down in-between the deploying of Jason traps. I've been in lodges and Jason twat sets traps at the only two windows, which he has also smashed, and they sometimes also trap the door giving NO chance of escape whatsoever. Jason has too many advantages. The only time he has some slight trouble is when there are 3 or 4 councillors and even then Jason can still kill most of them, without much trouble.

Councillor perks are already nerft! VIDEO -  "HEAVY HITTER PERK WORKS or DOESN'T MythBusters Friday The 13th The Game PERKS that DON'T WORK"

From your perspective in that moment he has the advantage but in terms of the entire match he just wasted 3 traps on one person making it easier for others to escape.

I know it's a balance thing, but it's pretty absurd that Jason has to hit certain counselors 4-6 times before they even limp, yet he catches one baseball bat and he's on his back. Or, with a solid stun perk, standing still for 30 seconds.

Not that he needs a buff or anything, just stating opinion.

15 hours ago, Crissgrimm said:

If you getting owned by 5 people as Jason you are playing him wrong you do realize you can block and it nulls weapon damage to him and if they keep swinging they will break the weapon. Combat stance block hit get out of stance grab kill or just block swing when you get a chance to.

You can block in combat stance but if you want to attack you open yourself up to being stunned. And when there are five counselors surrounding you, you're going to take a beating. Not saying you won't eventually kill all of them, but you're going to spend some time doing it.

4 hours ago, rickyount02 said:

I know it's a balance thing, but it's pretty absurd that Jason has to hit certain counselors 4-6 times before they even limp, yet he catches one baseball bat and he's on his back. Or, with a solid stun perk, standing still for 30 seconds.

Not that he needs a buff or anything, just stating opinion.

You can block in combat stance but if you want to attack you open yourself up to being stunned. And when there are five counselors surrounding you, you're going to take a beating. Not saying you won't eventually kill all of them, but you're going to spend some time doing it.

Yeah true, like I said people like to keep swinging. Eventually the weapon will break especially on the women counselors, I really don't struggle much vs 5 people with weapons also depends on the situation if it near an objective ill stick around if nothing done ill grab a person that alone.

Obviously their are match where I get my ass kicked as well, I'm not claiming i own everyone back to topic tho I can say aid needs decrease mabye the new maps will help this

8 hours ago, Colorboy said:

Med sprays glitching out isn't as big of a deal as the fuse glitching out.

While that is true, it is still an issue. No items should glitch out like that and prevent other players from picking it up. An item is not ruined by the counselor being killed.

^ agreed, this is one of the biggest problems, to me, more so than the bluescreens or even toxic little bastards. I fix things and get things on the road or the cops called, most ppl run around and die (I do my fair share of dying, LOL) but nothing pisses me off more than cops off of the table or the only car on the map taken off the table, basically i go to jason and have him kill me cause i'm not making the room wait 10 minutes while I hide under a bed.

*I do however try and get the mask EVERY round, that's my thing, if I do that, i'm happy.

Im split on this as I can see both sides. I personally don't think med sprays add that much. Now I will say the spawn rate does make 2 perks pretty much worthless. Only reason I could see nerfing the spawn rate would be to allow more knifes/firecrackers. Knifes are the most op thing a counsoler can have and firecrackers are almost worthless to a good Jason. I say keep them as is.