So I created this guide based on my own experiences. This guide will be divided in two threads: How to be a smart counselour and how to be a smart Jason (this is for not create a bible in one thread)

How be a smart counselour:

1- If you have gas, battery or the fuse and Jason put a trap in the places and you have a pocket knife try to use the pocket knife in the trap so you will not get hurt and you will not alert Jason.

2- NEVER try to fight Jason unless it is an emergency case or you have pocket knifes, why? Because the animation of hit is very long so Jason can grab you very easy.

3- NEVER leave doors open cause, who knows if you will need that cabin or someone will need that cabin in the future?

4- If you are using a character with low stealth, never try to crouch and hide to avoid Jason sense because he will found you.

5- NEVER try to repair the boat, I know is more easy and that but Jason is very fast in water and if for some reason you are escaping in the boat and Jason wanna morph, you are dead

6- If Jason is shifting and he's chasing you DON'T make A or C or whaterver, just run straight because if you move running you lose time moving and is more easy to Jason grab you

7- If you are screwed up and you need recharge stamina go to a cabin, close the doors, lock yourself in a room, open windows and hide so he will think you leave when he was breaking the door

8- When you are driving ALWAYS pick up people so if you crash and Jason comes they can help you.

9- Don't run unless Jason is that close to hit you or grab you

10- If you are with a mic and Jason is close and you have car keys or fuse (something that Jason cannot see) NEVER say something like "guys I have car keys" or "guys I have the fuse where is the fuse box?" because Jason will not leave you alone until you are dead.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RAGEVIRUS said:

I always try to go for the boat. Even if I spawn the other side of the map.

Like I said, boat is more dangerous and only 2 people can get in. If for some reason you put the gas and you go to find the propeller and someone find it first and he is with a friend you will lose the seat on the boat.

59 minutes ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

Like I said, boat is more dangerous and only 2 people can get in. If for some reason you put the gas and you go to find the propeller and someone find it first and he is with a friend you will lose the seat on the boat.

I dont put the  first gas or propeller in. I stash it then find the rest.

I gotta say I go for the boat as well if I can or am near.  Rarely does Jason get to it unless he is alerted by a failed attempt or someone snitches on me.  Their is no sound for starting the boat either from what I have seen so it isn't like the car.  The boat is probably your best chances at escaping if no mistakes are made.  I have even been Jason trying to get the boat but they blew past me and I couldn't catch up.  I didn't even have the -Water con plus sometimes the A button doesn't appear when you are near.  

For me, if the boat is available and I can leave on it, I am driving or sitting in it.  The only problem with that is the boat is usually the first thing done most of the time so you lose on working up XP.  

This should have been posted Into @Kodiak thread and credit would be given.

Seeing as this is another tip/trick thread id advise to copy paste into there as I think this will be classed as a "duplicate thread", where as the guide thread is where all things like this should be posted.

43 minutes ago, Unclebunt said:

This should have been posted Into @Kodiak thread and credit would be given.

Seeing as this is another tip/trick thread id advise to copy paste into there as I think this will be classed as a "duplicate thread", where as the guide thread is where all things like this should be posted.

I created this thread based on my own experiences as I said. And why should copy paste this into Kodiak thread? I made two threads (how to be a smart counselour and Jason) I tried to delve in this thread so I don't think it would be that good post two comments  that long.

29 minutes ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

I created this thread based on my own experiences as I said. And why should copy paste this into Kodiak thread? I made two threads (how to be a smart counselour and Jason) I tried to delve in this thread so I don't think it would be that good post two comments  that long.

Threads like these are always created such as the whole "Pappus" fiasco arguing it should be in its own thread.

Im just trying to help you dude because you put time and effort into this and I don't want to see it go to waste.

9 minutes ago, Unclebunt said:

Threads like these are always created such as the whole "Pappus" fiasco arguing it should be in its own thread.

Im just trying to help you dude because you put time and effort into this and I don't want to see it go to waste.

Well, if they close this I will put this in that thread. Thanks for the tip.

• Like 1

Good list. I don't agree with the boat situation, but I could see newer players mucking it up. I would like to add that if you are in the second half of the game, around 10 mins or so that hiding in a spot is a waste of time.Last night after Everyone except 1 person escaped and I was spectating, I watched a Kenny hid under a bed. After Jason Found him and killed him, he got all pissed saying someone gave away his location. We tried to explain in the later half of the game that even in a hiding spot that the cabin lights up red and he called us all liars and left the group...

13 minutes ago, Ethan said:

Good list. I don't agree with the boat situation, but I could see newer players mucking it up. I would like to add that if you are in the second half of the game, around 10 mins or so that hiding in a spot is a waste of time.Last night after Everyone except 1 person escaped and I was spectating, I watched a Kenny hid under a bed. After Jason Found him and killed him, he got all pissed saying someone gave away his location. We tried to explain in the later half of the game that even in a hiding spot that the cabin lights up red and he called us all liars and left the group...

Wow that guy is very extreme xD at least you know that you don't have to play with him anymore because he is toxic as hell.

34 minutes ago, Ethan said:

I had someone call me a cheater for almost the same thing.  In this instance he wasn't holding down B to hold his breath while hiding so I could hear him saying, "I hope he doesn't find me" while hiding in the only hiding spot in the room ???

Lmao omg it's so annoying IN EVERY thread people are like.  "  eXcUse Me bUt pEOPle haVe aLreAdy pOsTed aBouT this, THhIs iS A DuPLiCaTE tHReAD !!!!"

like y'all really think everyone has the time to go searching for threads lmao stop.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, StarLord said:

Lmao omg it's so annoying IN EVERY thread people are like.  "  eXcUse Me bUt pEOPle haVe aLreAdy pOsTed aBouT this, THhIs iS A DuPLiCaTE tHReAD !!!!"

like y'all really think everyone has the time to go searching for threads lmao stop.

You have time to talk nonsense, you have time to take 30 seconds to look for a thread. Also you may want to check out your caps lock. It seems to be as broken as your comment.

22 minutes ago, StarLord said:

Dependent clause. Hyperbole. Misuse of quotes. Excessive punctuation. Failed capitalization at begining of sentence. Misuse of font type or stylization makes point hard to read. Dependent clause. More hyperbole. Improper conjunctions. Use of slang/net speak.

Your argument is rejected as you failed to prove your point, failed to make a coherent argument and failed to express yourself in a way that would make one feel you have thought things out.

Not only should you take the time to check other threads; but, also to express what you are trying to say in a manner that shows thought and care... or do what I do and make dick and fart jokes. People like that too.

Anyone else really bored?

Just now, Risinggrave said:

You have time to talk nonsense, you have time to take 30 seconds to look for a thread. Also you may want to check out your caps lock. It seems to be as broken as your comment.

Lol that comment flew right over your head laughinggirlinpinkl.gif

2 minutes ago, StarLord said:

Lol that comment flew right over your head laughinggirlinpinkl.gif

It isn't always the comedian's fault the joke didn't get a laugh. Sometimes it is though. This might be one of those times. Try again.

19 hours ago, Definitelynotjason said:

Dependent clause. Hyperbole. Misuse of quotes. Excessive punctuation. Failed capitalization at begining of sentence. Misuse of font type or stylization makes point hard to read. Dependent clause. More hyperbole. Improper conjunctions. Use of slang/net speak.

Your argument is rejected as you failed to prove your point, failed to make a coherent argument and failed to express yourself in a way that would make one feel you have thought things out.

Not only should you take the time to check other threads; but, also to express what you are trying to say in a manner that shows thought and care... or do what I do and make dick and fart jokes. People like that too.

Anyone else really bored?

Oh please excuse my insulting grammatical errors in my previous post. I am a bit hungover since I was out till 4 last night and kind of did not give a shit what my sentence looked like. Please kind sir,  I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me. Next time I will remember that this is The School For The Grammatically Correct. 

19 hours ago, Definitelynotjason said:

It isn't always the comedian's fault the joke didn't get a laugh. Sometimes it is though. This might be one of those times. Try again.

Wow, how insightful. Good thing that the last thing I could ever possibly care about is making you laugh. I'm assuming you didn't get the grammatical structure due to a generational gap, I mean I'm only assuming. Enjoy your Sunday ;)

1 minute ago, StarLord said:

Wow, how insightful. Good thing that the last thing I could ever possibly care about is making you laugh. I'm assuming you didn't get the grammatical structure due to a generational gap, I mean I'm only assuming. Enjoy your Sunday ;)

Tell me again why we wanted reg re-opened guys?

• Like 4

Ok, young, man (I assume since you call yourself Lord, but who knows), let us begin again.

I isn't and wasn't about grammar. It was about expressing yourself to others in the written form. This can be a somewhat important issue when posting to a message board.

See, your last two posts have been much better. You have managed to imply you are studly and a party animal, while making it seem as if I am not. You then subtly impugned my value systems, making it seem as if it was beneath you, and thus should be beneath those reading who wish to be like you.

You stated in a post about something going over people's head. Clearly this is true in this case. My quoted post shows you either didn't get what I was telling you or you are just interested in being aggressive and trying to shame me in to walking away. I assure you, I lack the shame gene.

Once again, you have attempted to poison the well by implying I am old and out of touch. You seem to make implications that I just don't have any fun in my life, and you may be right, from your point of view. I have done all the drinking and all the drugs and all the low millage pit woofies (dude, that is a deep trek reference) I intend to. Now I am going to sit back on my government salary and enjoy my largess.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Definitelynotjason said:

Ok, young, man (I assume since you call yourself Lord, but who knows), let us begin again.

I isn't and wasn't about grammar. It was about expressing yourself to others in the written form. This can be a somewhat important issue when posting to a message board.

See, your last two posts have been much better. You have managed to imply you are studly and a party animal, while making it seem as if I am not. You then subtly impugned my value systems, making it seem as if it was beneath you, and thus should be beneath those reading who wish to be like you.

You stated in a post about something going over people's head. Clearly this is true in this case. My quoted post shows you either didn't get what I was telling you or you are just interested in being aggressive and trying to shame me in to walking away. I assure you, I lack the shame gene.

Once again, you have attempted to poison the well by implying I am old and out of touch. You seem to make implications that I just don't have any fun in my life, and you may be right, from your point of view. I have done all the drinking and all the drugs and all the low millage pit woofies (dude, that is a deep trek reference) I intend to. Now I am going to sit back on my government salary and enjoy my largess.

Listen dude, obviously a chord has been struck. I'm going to be real. Yes, I originally posted what could be taken as a juvenile, immature comment. I will blame that on my lack of clarity due to a mix of being hungover and it being early (for me) - I was simply agitated to the fact that some people are just trying to have fun, and have conversations with like minded gamers but are shut down with a " duplicate thread". I don't like to come off aggressive and I also do not want someone thinking im trying to put them beneath me. That's not who i am as a

person. I didn't come on here to make enemy's. I do apologize to you because you seem like a very intelligent person with life experience. I just felt a little mocked and I lashed out. Again. Apologies. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, StarLord said:

Oh please excuse my insulting grammatical errors in my previous post. I am a bit hungover since I was out till 4 last night and kind of did not give a shit what my sentence looked like. Please kind sir,  I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me. Next time I will remember that this is The School For The Grammatically Correct. 

If this is how you feel, then perhaps you should quit WRITING posts. Grammar is very important when expressing your thoughts through text. I'm not saying you can't make typos, but to act as if others are assholes for pointing out the massive mistakes in your post is just ridiculous. I'm pretty sick of that kinda shit these days too. You try to help people by correcting their mistakes and instead of saying "Oh. Thank you for pointing that out. Now I'll try not to make those mistakes in the future." lazy people with a lack of intelligence just say "Fuck you, grammar Nazi. I'll write like a 4 year old if I want." Again when expressing ideas in text grammar and spelling are important if you want to be taken seriously and blaming being drunk is also just a cop out for being lazy.

15 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Tell me again why we wanted reg re-opened guys?

You are absolutely right. As one of the new people I should not defend in to this type of pettiness (on my part).

Listen dude, obviously a chord has been struck. I'm going to be real. Yes, I originally posted what could be taken as a juvenile, immature comment. I will blame that on my lack of clarity due to a mix of being hungover and it being early (for me) - I was simply agitated to the fact that some people are just trying to have fun, and have conversations with like minded gamers but are shut down with a " duplicate thread". I don't like to come off aggressive and I also do not want someone thinking im trying to put them beneath me. That's not who i am as a

person. I didn't come on here to make enemy's. I do apologize to you because you seem like a very intelligent person with life experience. I just felt a little mocked and I lashed out. Again. Apologies. 

I can completely understand that. I came in here and saw your comment and thought you were being mocking. I decided to mock back, which was a poor decision. 

I too am sorry for letting things descend so far with how I treated you. It was uncalled for and rude.

We both came here for the same reason. The last time I frequented a message board was a really really long time ago and the board was for Kevin Smith. We were are crude and lively bunch who flamed each other. I know things have changed. I must adapt and be a nicer person. 

Let us truly start again. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Definitelynotjason said:

I can completely understand that. I came in here and saw your comment and thought you were being mocking. I decided to mock back, which was a poor decision. 

I too am sorry for letting things descend so far with how I treated you. It was uncalled for and rude.

We both came here for the same reason. The last time I frequented a message board was a really really long time ago and the board was for Kevin Smith. We were are crude and lively bunch who flamed each other. I know things have changed. I must adapt and be a nicer person. 

Let us truly start again. 

Plenty of flaming here, and most know it's all fun and games. No one takes it too seriously. Long time members also know who to expect it from.

But the "duplicate thread" issue is real and the mods and members here have done a good job at keeping the forums uncluttered and usually keep the relevant discussion to its particular thread. That's all it comes down to.

If you want to discuss something, take the time and check if there's a previous thread. It's Forums 101.

(and I stopped reading these "tips" as soon as I got to #3...You've gotta be kidding me)

• Like 1