Akira

Can U Give Something For Max Level Players? And Buff Tiffany

Posted (edited)

Hello. So I wanna say something. Can u like make something for max level players like me. To get more customization points or something. And Buff Tiffany Beacause she isn't rly good and is only good for running nothing else. Give Her 2/10 Repair  Maybe 3/10 Strength And 10/10 Stamina That's all. And if u give Tiffany 2/10 Repair maybe give Jenny And Vanissa 3/10 Repair. Even A Guy said when i was playing that It's Dissapointing That u unlock Tiffany as the last character and she is useless. That's all thank you and goodbye!.

Edited by Akira
I just waned to add something that i forgot.

Quit begging. Be happy with what you have instead of being bitter over what you don't. 

Use somebody other than Tiff if you don't care for her. 

Problems solved. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

Quit begging. Be happy with what you have instead of being bitter over what you don't. 

Use somebody other than Tiff if you don't care for her. 

Problems solved. 

Woa.

Maybe someone wants to play as Tiffany because... well... reasons that go bump in the night. Asking for a thing is not the same as expecting a thing. Asking is also not begging.

Problems were not solved. The person's problems were, nothing cool at max level and wanting to play Tiffany but finding it too hard to do anything.

Your solutions were to characterize their wants rudely and do something else. Those aren';t solutions to the problem.

• Like 2

Tiff is fast and has high stealth; I've used her as "Killing Floor Tiff", gathering up a shitload of melee weapons to have on hand, away from objectives early on... and waiting. Then she can go for the sweater if its feasible; she's fast enough to escape remote shack locations better than most.

Well but her Repair is bad.. And she should atleast get 2/10 repair. That's all

1 minute ago, Akira said:

Well but her Repair is bad.. And she should atleast get 2/10 repair. That's all

All of the counsellors are based around 35 points. They have strengths and weaknesses, or middle of the road Kenny. They need this balance or you would see only one counsellor out there. 

Now, I would agree that it might be nice to have a create a counsellor system with 35 points to distribute however you like, but this also destroys balance. 

Jason knows the counsellors, their strengths and weaknesses. He can go after them with that in mind. If the Jason has no idea, it is a crap shoot and the player will not know what strategy to use. 

The counsellors are not merely skins, but characters. Tiffany might not be the best character for you. 

Choices, by nature carry consequences. You can't have your cake and eat it too. You have to decide to eat or keep. 

• Like 1

._.

I just want Tiffany to get slight repair buff 1/10 to 2/10 that's all.

3 hours ago, Definitelynotjason said:

Woa.

Maybe someone wants to play as Tiffany because... well... reasons that go bump in the night. Asking for a thing is not the same as expecting a thing. Asking is also not begging.

Problems were not solved. The person's problems were, nothing cool at max level and wanting to play Tiffany but finding it too hard to do anything.

Your solutions were to characterize their wants rudely and do something else. Those aren';t solutions to the problem.

That's their problem. Asking the dev's to radically change stuff is begging. He wants a charity. 

There isn't a "problem" to begin with. If you don't like the way a character plays, play another. 

1 hour ago, Akira said:

Hey there, each counselor has been designed around a set number of skill points and they all have their flaws and perks which is what makes the selection better when playing.

Altering any counselor in any way will begin to favour them as being "OP" or better than the rest which is why they are made the way they are.

Tiffany is quick and stealthy but sucks at everything else, where as buggzy is quick and strong but sucks at everything else.

This is how they are designed and you have many counsellors to choose from, if you don't like Tiffany then try someone else who has good repair.

Goodluck

54 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

That's their problem. Asking the dev's to radically change stuff is begging. He wants a charity. 

There isn't a "problem" to begin with. If you don't like the way a character plays, play another. 

I agree mostly, and I pointed this out. I do not see asking as always equivalent to begging. My reply was about the hostility exhibited by the first reply in the post. I thought the peraon was being needlessly aggressive so I pointed this out in my long winded rambling way.

5 hours ago, Akira said:

unlock Tiffany as the last character and she is useless.

Tiffany can be somewhat useful in the right hands, she should only be used by experienced players.

Tiffany isn't exactly useless, but she is a bit awkward to fit into a good team composition because she cannot directly contribute to the team.

Though I can understand that her repair statistics can be quite aggrivating, it's part of her character, and changing her repair could potentially take away from that.

If anything I would say lower her stealth to 9/10 and add that extra point to make her strength 3/10.

She would be faster and stronger than A.J. Mason, but not as smart or stealthy. Helping her character become more of a viable option.

1 minute ago, MidnightCallerXx said:

If anything I would say lower her stealth to 9/10 and add that extra point to make her strength 3/10.

Personally, I think Tiffany could use up that one point on her Luck or Speed statistic instead of Strength, as Strength is practically useless when it's not used to try and de-mask Jason for a kill.

I will begin by saying the stats that the OP put out there would not work at all. He wants to bump repair, strength, and stamina? That just wouldn't work. Tiffany is not only a popular character because her booty looks good in those shorts. She is a valuable member of the team because she can run. She can run fairly fast, she can run a long way, and she can do it quietly. Tiff can be one of the most valuable assets when trying to fix objectives. She is not meant to repair anything. There are plenty of characters that can do that. I mean, you can repair with her, but the mini-game will be much more difficult with her than with other counselors.

I'm not trying to be rude about it, but if her stats do not fit your playstyle, don't play her. The counselors are all pretty well balanced, and you can look at their stats and decide which one(s) fit the way you like to play. No counselors need to be buffed or nerfed. No Jasons need to be buffed or nerfed. Through development, alpha testing, beta testing, and reports since release, I think they have made a pretty balanced game as far as stats go.

As far as adding objectives or  rewards for people who have maxed out in level, I think it would be nice to give them something to work towards. I don't know what that would be. I don't have a lot of time to put into the game, so it will be a long time before I max out, if I ever do. Hopefully those that have will get something in the next couple of patches.

Just now, RichWalk9891 said:

Personally, I think Tiffany could use up that one point on her Luck or Speed statistic instead of Strength, as Strength is practically useless when it's not used to try and de-mask Jason for a kill.

If you up on the speed she can start to become closer to Vanessas statistics without the low stealth. Meaning there wouldn't be a very good happy balance between the two because people would start to pick Tiffany rather than Vanessa. The only good thing about strength is the increased stun time for Jason and reduction of stamina cost when in combat.  A Jason that has taken a lot of powerful beatings will tend to stay stunned for longer.

I agree luck would be another good option. As luck increases chance to avoid window damage and reduces the amount that she will stumble when afraid, which is something Tiffany is prone to.

2 hours ago, Definitelynotjason said:

I agree mostly, and I pointed this out. I do not see asking as always equivalent to begging. My reply was about the hostility exhibited by the first reply in the post. I thought the peraon was being needlessly aggressive so I pointed this out in my long winded rambling way.

One of the definitions for begging is "ask for something, typically food or money, as a charity or a gift." 

While not food or money, he is asking the dev's to overhaul the game. 

As far as Tiff, she is fine. She is fast and she is quiet. While you don't use her to fix stuff*, she is in the same boat as Vanessa and Chad. Good at running parts around the map or screwing with Jason. 

*Though I did once fix the phone fuse perfectly and in total silence, and was able to call the police. Go me.  

2 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

One of the definitions for begging is "ask for something, typically food or money, as a charity or a gift." 

While not food or money, he is asking the dev's to overhaul the game. 

As far as Tiff, she is fine. She is fast and she is quiet. While you don't use her to fix stuff*, she is in the same boat as Vanessa and Chad. Good at running parts around the map or screwing with Jason. 

*Though I did once fix the phone fuse perfectly and in total silence, and was able to call the police. Go me.  

It isn't charity when you pay for it. If I buy a meal and ask for ketchup to make it taste better, am I begging?

again, I agree, Tiff is fine, and balance should not be screwed with. My issue was replying to someone with a screw off and don't play beggar approach, rather than explaining the reasons why the idea is not good. 

Admittedly, I was kind of being a jerk in tone policing you, and I regretted it later, hence my follow up that was not overly kind to the OP.

58 minutes ago, Definitelynotjason said:

It isn't charity when you pay for it. If I buy a meal and ask for ketchup to make it taste better, am I begging?

again, I agree, Tiff is fine, and balance should not be screwed with. My issue was replying to someone with a screw off and don't play beggar approach, rather than explaining the reasons why the idea is not good. 

Admittedly, I was kind of being a jerk in tone policing you, and I regretted it later, hence my follow up that was not overly kind to the OP.

I think that most of us can agree that the counselor (and Jason) stats do not need an "overhaul". Everything is pretty well balanced in that respect. It all depends on how you like to play the game. If you want a balanced character, play Kenny. You want somebody to knock Jason the hell out, play Buggzy. You want a player that can outrun and juke Jason for days, play Vanessa. You want somebody to repair the car, boat, and fuse, play Deborah or LaChappa.

I know that is a basic run-down, and there are other characters that have high marks in each of these abilities, I just mentioned the most obvious.

1 hour ago, Definitelynotjason said:

When you buy a game you don't get to dictate every detail.

As far as your example, if the ketchup isn't part of the meal and you expect it free, yes, you are begging. The example is close to that of extra sauce for chicken nuggets. Many places make you pay for the extra. So if Akira wanted to dictate a character, they should have gotten onboard the Kickstarter at that tier. It worked for Kenny, Buggzy, LaChoppa and Adam. 

I'm a screw off sort of guy when it comes to utter nonsense. 

No worries. We're all jerks on the internet. It's expected. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Akira said:

._.

Exit and re-enter the repair mechanic until you get a better skill check. Use the Tinker perk if you have it.

1 hour ago, Risinggrave said:

When you buy a game you don't get to dictate every detail.

As far as your example, if the ketchup isn't part of the meal and you expect it free, yes, you are begging. The example is close to that of extra sauce for chicken nuggets. Many places make you pay for the extra. So if Akira wanted to dictate a character, they should have gotten onboard the Kickstarter at that tier. It worked for Kenny, Buggzy, LaChoppa and Adam. 

I'm a screw off sort of guy when it comes to utter nonsense. 

No worries. We're all jerks on the internet. It's expected. 

Asking for extra chicken sauce isn't begging. Being told sure it is 50 cents and then going oh come one, for me? Please? That is begging.

I swear to god I have no idea why this point is stuck in my craw!

The Tiff thing was kinda utter nonesense.

3 minutes ago, Definitelynotjason said:

Asking for extra chicken sauce isn't begging. Being told sure it is 50 cents and then going oh come one, for me? Please? That is begging.

I swear to god I have no idea why this point is stuck in my craw!

The Tiff thing was kinda utter nonesense.

I'm seeing it as more "I only get two sauces? Can I have more?" 

9 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

I'm seeing it as more "I only get two sauces? Can I have more?" 

Yeah, at first I was thinking more of a hey, ya know what might be cool, but now I am with you.

The OP definitely reads like: I love the look of the character so you should make her stats better for me. I agree with @Risinggrave, try a different character.

2 hours ago, Definitelynotjason said:

Yeah, at first I was thinking more of a hey, ya know what might be cool, but now I am with you.

Woot!

1 hour ago, bewareofbears said:

The OP definitely reads like: I love the look of the character so you should make her stats better for me. I agree with @Risinggrave, try a different character.

I had to do this as well. I'm probably an Adam as far as who I'm rooting for, but I play Chad and Vanessa for the most part when our group isn't doing random counselors. 

• Like 1