rizistr

Did Gun just confirm Roy will be added?

1 minute ago, ThePainkiller said:

Theyve already said Pamela isn't comping because theyd have to redisign the game

Well smaller maps mean Pamela could be added. With smaller maps it mean she could have more free roam to chase players and kill players. 

2 minutes ago, ThePainkiller said:

Theyve already said Pamela isn't comping because theyd have to redisign the game

You missed the point, the same system used for Roy is what would make Pamela possible *facepalm*

Kind of a "why care?" thing at the moment... it's an odd minimalist/hipster tease. I think it's a bad idea as whenever whatever it is happens to be revealed, some folks will be left disappointed. With all of the disappointment there has been, a tease is more antagonistic than necessary right now. If they have something like Roy, it would've been a good time to give a real teaser. Especially after the concerns the game was being abandoned.

Someone will inevitably jump in here and say "They're just having fun!" and before you do- Sure? I don't really care. Just my two cents on what I consider to be a silly idea considering it will inevitably lead to disappointment for people who want it to mean something it doesn't and I think less disappointment would be good for the game and community in general.

• Like 2

I like these kinda teases. gets people talking, but yeah we gotta keep our expectations in check here, or it can easily lead to disappointment.

• Like 3

I kinda hope so. I've been wanting Roy in the game for a while now. Hopefully, this statement is correct. ;)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Daminus said:

I kinda hope so. I've been wanting Roy in the game for a while now. Hopefully, this statement is correct. ;)

Just try not to get your hopes up. 

I don't think it has anything to do with the smaller maps or with single player. It just doesn't make much sense to tease something they've already announced. I think its either Roy or they found a way to make Pamela playable with the smaller maps (making Pamela the tease not the maps). Either way it's exciting!

As a lot of people have said, Roy IS Jason within the the film until he is revealed as a copycat.  So to that respect he can 100% be a new Jason and not just a reskin without the need of a new mode for playing as him (like Pamela would).  Sure, reuse the Part 3 mask asset and swap the red for blue, then just make a new torso and leg design (even if minimal difference between is all it is), and make some stats suitable to the films (Part 5) Jason.  When his mask is inevitably knocked off, I see no reason why the head design couldn't be like how Roy looked upon death (the skull cap opened with his face exposed).  It might look silly, but think about it... If Roy never fell and got impaled (yet got his mask removed), wouldn't he still try killing who he is after, or would he just be a deer in headlights, wide-eyed like scaredy-cat Chad?

4 minutes ago, RustInPeace said:

As a lot of people have said, Roy IS Jason within the the film until he is revealed as a copycat.  So to that respect he can 100% be a new Jason and not just a reskin without the need of a new mode for playing as him (like Pamela would).  Sure, reuse the Part 3 mask asset and swap the red for blue, then just make a new torso and leg design (even if minimal difference between is all it is), and make some stats suitable to the films (Part 5) Jason.  When his mask is inevitably knocked off, I see no reason why the head design couldn't be like how Roy looked upon death (the skull cap opened with his face exposed).  It might look silly, but think about it... If Roy never fell and got impaled (yet got his mask removed), wouldn't he still try killing who he is after, or would he just be a deer in headlights, wide-eyed like scaredy-cat Chad?

Why would Roy react to Jason's Mom's sweater? Do you think it smells that bad?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Definitelynotjason said:

Batman vs Superman logic. Jason and Roy's mother both wear the same sweater and have the same names. 

5 minutes ago, Definitelynotjason said:

It's an excellent point. Why would Roy react to Pamela's sweater? He wouldn't.

Hope they rectify this.

I think one of the male counselors should have to find a fat-suit, put it on...then press "X", "A" or press "E" key to start eating a chocolate bar as a game mechanic to momentarily stun Roy. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Definitelynotjason said:

I could live with the fact that it would be weird stopping Roy with the sweater.  Without a complete reworking of mechanics or creating a new stun/kill condition, it wouldn't be earth-shattering to see happen, just strange.

Just now, Tattooey said:

Or this could be the 8 emotes screen

Turns out this is the emoji movie dlc coming soon. 

maybe Gun can add piss stains on the front of Jason's pants for the next "New Jason DLC"

14 hours ago, Definitelynotjason said:

I see the hopes and dreams for Roy, and sure that makes some sense based on the picture, but so does single player.

I want a Royson, I really do, but I think he needs too many changes to the base game for him to come out this early in the cycle. We know they are working on a single player. They have said there is a single player coming by the end of summer. Have they ever talked about a Roy? Have they even showed anything in the direction of new assets that would be needed for a Roy?

I would expect them to tease new voice recording sessions for a Roy. I doubt they would need new MoCap. A single player with missions may require MoCap, which they have teased.

As I said, I want a Roy, but I do not want a reskin part 3 who fgalls for the sweater. As much as he was played as a Jason, he was not Jason, and to do him justice, which I think he deserves, you need a new kill type....wait that would require new MoCap... oh screw it, I still think it is single player they are teasing, but credit where credit is due, this is a great teaser!

They wouldn't have to change much to add Roy. He was Jason until it was revealed that he wasn't. If you never got to see what was under the mask you would think it was Jason.

All they would have to do is remove Pamela's voice and start Roy on one of the open roads instead of Jason's cabin. I think it would be hilarious if Pamela's sweater did nothing to Roy at all. I would love to see the look on the player's face that tried to use the sweater and nothing happened until Roy choked the life out of them. That's what they would get for not watching the movies.

I'm not going to get my hopes up though. Who the hell knows what 7 black dots and 1 blue dot means. Fun to speculate though.

Edit: Sorry, forgot to mention that yes, they did give an indication that Roy could be added to the game. He was one of the choices given when backers could vote for the next 3 Jason's they wanted the most. With Parts IV, VI, and VIII on the table I couldn't bring myself to vote for Roy, but I still wanted him in the game.

• Like 1

Maybe Roy will be the "training" Jason for single player.

Jason.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ThePainkiller said:

Everyone bitchin about Roy will change when hes one of the best. "OMG Roy rules! Awesome DLC"

I'm not against roy at all just like Pam but it comes down to how people feel. To me it's just a game, if they wanna add them they can they don't need to stay true to the movies since it's a game. Tho is this Roy coming into the game? I doubt that. I think it's a story mode thing. But only time will tell. 

5 hours ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

Ok. My theory is that we are seeing the reason for close quarters maps AND the removal of friendly fire on standard quicklplay. This will usher in a new game mode where the killer will be amongst the 8. You won't know the killer until it is too late!

I think I just pooped a little...

JGTH body swap confirmed. Jason kills a counselor and decides if he wants to use their body, tricks other counselors into thinking hes a friend then kills them.

14 minutes ago, TheReaper666 said:

JGTH body swap confirmed. Jason kills a counselor and decides if he wants to use their body, tricks other counselors into thinking hes a friend then kills them.

Eh I doubt that. I see that more as a maybe then it's confirmed. 

If it is Roy then he should be easy to kill..He's Human !  ..Dammit I want Part 4 !