Alien_Number_Six

What keeps you from playing Friday the 13th?

42 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

Nothing really stops me from playing the game, but there are two things that are currently stopping me from playing the Xbox One version (I play Steam only now):

1. Everyone has Savini Jason. Seeing lobbies full of him just winds me up. I'm not going back on the Xbox version until he's gone from everyone who didn't get him legit (free downloads of him don't count).
  2. There's no dedicated servers.

The number has gone down significantly.  I see maybe one every other match now when it was at least 4 or 5 every match.  Some people still have him but it seems MS is doing the roll out in waves.  

5 minutes ago, Corkenstein said:

The number has gone down significantly.  I see maybe one every other match now when it was at least 4 or 5 every match.  Some people still have him but it seems MS is doing the roll out in waves.  

I've been watching these forums and the Reddit pages to see what other people have been saying :) Monitoring it closely; I'm expecting an influx of threads from people asking 'where has my Savini Jason gone' at some point.

At a base level, the game objectives are very similar so it gets repetitive. And then, if you want to try secondary stuff (hoarding weapons for Jason kills, offroading the car) to get better at that, you're making it harder for other players to complete first level objectives through your need to find ways to get better at the game, which seems a bit selfish; I wish I could use single player/tutorial to figure out how to tear through the woods, rather than having it goof up seven other guys game so I can figure it out.

7 hours ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

I only recently found my way out of a job with 50 to 80 hour work weeks. My hat's off to you guys.

A week-long work conference has kept me off the game. Otherwise, I'd be on there, smashing doors or opening drawers.

I actually volunteered for this 7 day a week gig. Mostly so I could just pay off my son's tuition for the year and forget about that expense until next August. But also to put some back for Christmas and his birthday shortly afterwards. Damn! Am I becoming an adult? Like making plans for the future past next week? Only about 20 years too late. But, you know what they say, "Better late than never!" ? My wheelhouse is usually 50 hours a week. Still have the weekends off, and the 10 hrs overtime allows my family to live in the style they have become accustomed to. ;)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rexfellis said:

I actually volunteered for this 7 day a week gig. Mostly so I could just pay off my son's tuition for the year and forget about that expense until next August. But also to put some back for Christmas and his birthday shortly afterwards. Damn! Am I becoming an adult? Like making plans for the future past next week? 

Sneaks up on you, doesn't it?

31 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

Sneaks up on you, doesn't it?

Yeah, it really does.

I try to play quite often however so much of the time it turns into a pre-game lobby simulator that its hard to play with any real frequency. And then people always rage quit when I kill the host.

I'd do private matches but honestly my availability is so all over the place that I wouldn't be reliable enough for anyone to have on their teams so I'm stuck with the randoms.

Too many games to play and achievement hunting.  

I use to main this game, but Fortnite has cut into my F13 playing time significantly.

The need for sleep, work, and occasionally high internet ping. Don't really have much problem finding people to play with.

I'll keep this simple and say, "adulting". Adulting, keeps me away.

i still play everyday because i like to kill. i rarely get to be jason though. A four hour session i am jason twice

My friends are on a "fight Jason" kick just to teabag him, and I'm not having it. I play a few matches, then go play another game. 

As weird as it sounds, I have a weird social anxiety thing. I get very anxious playing against strangers online. I've tried to play by myself a few times, but I mainly don't. A good example is that when I finally find a nice group of people that start talking with me, I quit after one or two matches because I'm "worried about doing or saying something that will annoy them." Pathetic, I know. That's just me, though.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TestedTwice said:

As weird as it sounds, I have a weird social anxiety thing. I get very anxious playing against strangers online. I've tried to play by myself a few times, but I mainly don't. A good example is that when I finally find a nice group of people that start talking with me, I quit after one or two matches because I'm "worried about doing or saying something that will annoy them." Pathetic, I know. That's just me, though.

You sound just like me. I also have social anxiety. That is one of the reasons why I don't use a mic when I play... :mellow:

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, RandallFlagg said:

My fleshlight requires at least one free hand to operate properly...

Doesn't have to be YOUR hand, chief.

I'm a kickstarter backer and have not had time to play yet!   Soon....  fall of 2017....  stay tuned!

;)

• Like 1

I'd say the sudden surge of TKing (for me it took about 3 weeks after initial reports of blatant attacks before I personally had it happen on PS4, then BAM! Every other 2 or 3 games), and the lack of host migration (either sudden disconnections or a host rage quit) SHOULD keep me away... But if I said any of that I'd be lying because I've stuck through all of the garbage players/rage quitters and glitches with 99% of my games through Quick Play.  I love the game THAT MUCH (for what it was meant to be even with the risk of ACCIDENTAL TKs)!  When you know you are in a room with everyone of the same mentality of legitimate play, win or lose (live or die), it is a million times more entertaining than anything I've ever played.

On 8/11/2017 at 2:04 AM, Alien_Number_Six said:

I work fifty hours a week. And I apologize to all the new friends I have made here on the fourms who have sent me game invites. So what keeps you from playing the game? 

Work. Dammit. 

I've asked my wife to get a second and third job, so I can stay home and play games, but she is being very selfish and won't do it. 

Work - usually 90-120 hours a week leaves little free time. Then you have a 2yr old and wife who barely sees you so it's more Netflix etc at night for me. 

The biggest problem in game I have is finding a good game. I hate publics for the toxicity. Joining a private match or lobby takes time. I just wish it was easier if PS4 to find a good group

16 hours ago, SDA said:

Doesn't have to be YOUR hand, chief.

Well my girlfriend lives in the UK and I'm Stateside, so yeah it kinda does have to be my hand... Lol.