Sometimes i feel like im the only non greedy person in this game. If i have 2 heal sprays or two pocket knives, i ask each person i come across if they have one of what i have two of, if not, ill drop it for them, an continue on my way.

Ive seriously made like 5 friends that have requested me back into games for this sole reason.

Am i the only one? I must say ive never had somebody drop something for me that i didnt ask for, IE health spray when im hurtin. 

So do you share your items? 

Why or why not?

• Like 1

Honestly, it depends on the lobby I'm in. In private games, I'll always share. If someone is really hurt and I'm not, I will drop my healing spray even if I only have one. In public lobbies, it kind of depends on the vibe I get from the players. If nobody is talking or working together, I will go 100% lone wolf. I won't hinder anyone by any means, but I won't go out of my way for them either. If it is a good group and people are trying to achieve goals and communicating with each other, I will treat it like the private games. If I'm Buggzy and I have a healing spray or my thick skin perk on, I have no problem eating a trap so Deb, LaChap, or A.J. can fix the fuse or a car. And, I will drop a bat for a strong character when I am playing Deb, or if I'm playing Buggzy, I'l drop the flare- or shotgun for a weaker character. I'll also share med sprays if I have an extra one.

So, it really just depends on the people that I'm playing with. But for the most part, I try to do whatever is best to help the group.

• Like 1

Sometimes I share. Recently I've taken to a playstyle of medic, thick skinned, and hypochondriac, stock up on healing sprays, and just eat all the traps and book it, so I don't share so much recently. If I know I'm going to escape such as on the boat, then I'll leave my items behind.

If I find stuff and people have mics I tend to help. People without mics I can't really speak with because they can't answer me back unless they flash their flashlights at me lol If I have items I do try to help. If I have two pocketknife I give them to people if I can and health spray as well. 

29 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Sometimes I share. Recently I've taken to a playstyle of medic, thick skinned, and hypochondriac, stock up on healing sprays, and just eat all the traps and book it, so I don't share so much recently. If I know I'm going to escape such as on the boat, then I'll leave my items behind.

What does hypochondriac do? Im not sure i have that perk. But im similar. I step in almost every trap isee. Wether i have the part for it or not. I kno where the heal sprays are an one trap wont slow me down. I had a jason get rude with me an rage quit because i spent the match running to the objectives early on an just steppin right in all 6 of his traps.

Thick skinned and plenty of spray. He wasnt pleased.

Just now, B0bZomb1e said:

What does hypochondriac do?

Start with a first aid spray and heal more. I have uncommon at 10% extra healing. With epic Medic at 10% that's 20% more healing per spray.

Just now, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Start with a first aid spray and heal more. I have uncommon at 10% extra healing. With epic Medic at 10% that's 20% more healing per spray.

Huh...i wasnt aware that a health spray didnt fully heal you already.

An yeah somehow i missed that perk an still do not have it...but now i want it lol

38 minutes ago, Rexfellis said:

Honestly, it depends on the lobby I'm in. In private games, I'll always share. If someone is really hurt and I'm not, I will drop my healing spray even if I only have one. In public lobbies, it kind of depends on the vibe I get from the players. If nobody is talking or working together, I will go 100% lone wolf. I won't hinder anyone by any means, but I won't go out of my way for them either. If it is a good group and people are trying to achieve goals and communicating with each other, I will treat it like the private games. If I'm Buggzy and I have a healing spray or my thick skin perk on, I have no problem eating a trap so Deb, LaChap, or A.J. can fix the fuse or a car. And, I will drop a bat for a strong character when I am playing Deb, or if I'm playing Buggzy, I'l drop the flare- or shotgun for a weaker character. I'll also share med sprays if I have an extra one.

So, it really just depends on the people that I'm playing with. But for the most part, I try to do whatever is best to help the group.

I play similarly, except im a full time team player. If my team is trash, then were all going in the can together lol i literally told this kid on headset the other day "hey man its ok, your bad, lets go to barn an get that gas an be bad together" he laughed, i laughed, the jason using stalk around the corner laughed. It was a good time.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, B0bZomb1e said:

Huh...i wasnt aware that a health spray didnt fully heal you already.

An yeah somehow i missed that perk an still do not have it...but now i want it lol

I play similarly, except im a full time team player. If my team is trash, then were all going in the can together lol i literally told this kid on headset the other day "hey man its ok, your bad, lets go to barn an get that gas an be bad together" he laughed, i laughed, the jason using stalk around the corner laughed. It was a good time.

Another good one with Hypochondriac is Medic. You get 2 uses out of each healing spray.

I have no problem going down with the ship if it is just a matter of some of the other players being inexperienced. If they are trying, I'll die right beside them, laughing the whole time. :lol: I actually enjoy helping new players out. About a month ago, I was giving a newbie Jason pointers the whole time he was trying to kill me. He was a young guy, but he thanked me after the match was over. (And yes, I let him catch me and kill me in the end.) We were all bad at one time. I was just lucky enough to be really bad in the Beta, where everyone except streamers pretty much sucked.

@Ghostboy20

I don't recall ever giving up a pocket knife, I'm not that generous. I may have done it during Beta when I didn't have a clue what the hell I was doing, but that is one thing I will always keep. Even if I have 2.

I share when I have multiples of something, especially when we are all trying to escape together. Teamwork makes the dream work afterall!

33 minutes ago, Rexfellis said:

@Ghostboy20

I don't recall ever giving up a pocket knife, I'm not that generous. I may have done it during Beta when I didn't have a clue what the hell I was doing, but that is one thing I will always keep. Even if I have 2.

I only really give pocketknives to people who I trust. Like three of my friends I play with lol Or if someone has the car keys and if they get caught they can break free from Jason just in case. That's what I normally what I do.  

Yeah, I've shared stuff, including pocket knives. I don't play public matches though, so it's people I've spoken to and trust enough to be good players.

Plus if someone is going to try to install a vehicle part and they're not Eric or Deborah, I'll sometimes give them a pocket knife if I have it just in case they mess up and Jason comes zooming in with the grab kill attempt.

17 minutes ago, DamonD7 said:

Yeah, I've shared stuff, including pocket knives. I don't play public matches though, so it's people I've spoken to and trust enough to be good players.

Plus if someone is going to try to install a vehicle part and they're not Eric or Deborah, I'll sometimes give them a pocket knife if I have it just in case they mess up and Jason comes zooming in with the grab kill attempt.

Smart! Ive done this before too on a type of lending policy. When pushing an objective Ill give a pocketknife to them an defend them while they repair, but if we dont get caught or i defend well an they didnt need it, i always ask for it back unless i have a spare.

• Like 1

Aside from not sharing with annoying players, it depends on what it is and where we are in the game.

I run an epic Medic perk, so I'm going to spray you down rather than just give you a med spray. But unless I'm on my last spray of a can and think I'm likely to need the healing in the immediate future, I'll always heal someone who's limping - no sense in making Jason's job any easier.

Pocket knives and fire crackers are going to depend on whether I have an extra and how far from an exit I am. My Adam and someone's LaChappa were booking it for the cops recently, and when we both got within sprinting distance I gave him one of my two knives. Earlier than that point and I might have needed both, but that close to the exit there would only be a need to break free once and it cost me nothing to make sure he'd live too.

I suppose I'm only altruistic if it doesn't cost me anything ;)

I've given pocket knives to people or left them on the ground before escaping. Once I had two while waiting for the police and gave one to a person hiding in a cabin with me. They had no mic but gave me a few flashlight blinks to say thanks.

Med sprays I share all the time. I rarely need them. Rarely take damage like that. If I die, it's because I get grabbed.

similar to what others have said... it usually depends on the lobby. if people have mics or seem to be trying to work as a team, absolutely... especially the health sprays. even if i only have one, I'll use it on an injured councilor. 

there have only been a few times I've shared pocket knives or fire crackers though... that's usually reserved for friends or GOOD players that have proven themselves over several rounds. 

this probably doesn't really count but i play my councilors on random and if I'm a councilor with high repair, I've given up the shotgun to bully characters so I could install a battery, gas, propeller or fix the fuse. it's never backfired on me. nine times out of ten, the person actually uses it to watch my back as i repair. 

9 minutes ago, matisangry said:

similar to what others have said... it usually depends on the lobby. if people have mics or seem to be trying to work as a team, absolutely... especially the health sprays. even if i only have one, I'll use it on an injured councilor. 

there have only been a few times I've shared pocket knives or fire crackers though... that's usually reserved for friends or GOOD players that have proven themselves over several rounds. 

this probably doesn't really count but i play my councilors on random and if I'm a councilor with high repair, I've given up the shotgun to bully characters so I could install a battery, gas, propeller or fix the fuse. it's never backfired on me. nine times out of ten, the person actually uses it to watch my back as i repair. 

I've been doing the random counselor thing for the last month or so. It's really fun that way. Helps keep things a little fresh, having to mix up your play style on a round to round basis. "Maining" a counselor gets boring fast.

I have perks that play to each counselor's strengths for the role I'm playing. Gave Vanessa grease monkey...You shoud see how fast I can swoop in and start a car when a battle with Jason happens around it.

The game is definitely more fun when you play to help others rather than selfishly though. A lot of the time you'll see teamwork start to rub off on people (phrasing). 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

I've been doing the random counselor thing for the last month or so. It's really fun that way. Helps keep things a little fresh, having to mix up your play style on a round to round basis. "Maining" a counselor gets boring fast.

I have perks that play to each counselor's strengths for the role I'm playing. Gave Vanessa grease monkey...You shoud see how fast I can swoop in and start a car when a battle with Jason happens around it.

The game is definitely more fun when you play to help others rather than selfishly though. A lot of the time you'll see teamwork start to rub off on people (phrasing). 

totally agree about the randomness. i feel like it's made me a better, smarter player. the only time i actually pick a councilor is if we're going after a teamkiller. I've got buggzy perked out specifically for dealing with teamkillers. ;)

working as a team player is YUGE! it really is key to everyone's survival. the only time i lone wolf it is when there's a crappy lobby and the map has a boat.

and i totally agree that teamwork can rub off. absolutely. 

funny enough... there have been many occasions where my generosity failed... I've tried to give people sprays or whatever and they bolt... like I'm setting a trap for them or something. 

Luckily I've become really good at just surviving and evading Jason. A pocket knife basically makes it a guarantee that I'll survive. I don't hesitate use them on traps if the situation calls for it.

I also don't hesitate to give health sprays at any moment. I don't typically take damage to the point of limping. I just get shift grabbed or grabbed at an objective for 90% of my deaths.

Med sprays, yes.  Pocket knives/fireworks, no.  Weapons, depends on my perks.  

With the extra med spray perk and the abundance of med sprays, I have no problem sharing.  Almost every bathroom and the shower house has them.  Easy finds.  

I won't share a pocket knife or firework.  It guarantees me a free grab escape but more importantly, I use the knives on traps more than I use them on Jason plus with how extremely limited they are, I am not going to give it to some random who is only going to use it so he doesn't die.  I much rather use it to stun Jason so people can run past to the cops, restart/fix the car, or something else that eats up his time.  

Weapons will depend on my perks.  If I have the baseball bat stun perk, I am not giving anyone any of those or if I don't have it, I am keeping my flare gun and dropping the bat to someone who could use it more than me.  

Dude I seriously thought I was the only person that did that. I literally share ever extra item I find in my possession. I'll even drop the only pocket knife I have if I got firecrackers. I try my best to keep the players alive for as long as possible.

It's nice to know there are a lot of people open to sharing. I'll give up my only pocketknife if it's for someone I know well.