Rexfellis

What was your best match?

We've had plenty of negative threads around here for the last few days. Let's shoot for some positivity. I'm hoping we can just all reminisce about a great match (or matches) that we have had while playing the game. I personally really enjoy playing this game. Of course bugs, glitches, and dickheads piss me off from time to time. But at the end of the day, this is a game I waited decades for, and I am having a blast playing it.

Did you go 8/8 with Pt. 7 Jason? Did you lone wolf an entire match with LaChappa and survive? Were you able to kill Jason? Or maybe it is just a match that was funny or memorable for some reason. I'm hoping this thread is just one about enjoyment of the game and doesn't crumble into the same boring-ass old arguments that I'm sure everyone is tired of. I have a few, but I'll let someone else start.

As a counselor it would be calling the cops and putting the 4 seater together, and coming back as Tommy and putting part of the 2 seater together and helping achieve a clean sweep on Jason.

As Jason it would have to be going 8/8 using a different kill each time with Part 8.

I am sure plenty here have better ones too lol

• Like 1

Playing as Jason and was at 7/8 for counselors killed.  Hit the two minute warning and was down to the last person but he was a tough one to get.  He played really well and just kept outsmarting me.  We had some good playful banter back and forth so it kept things interesting for the people listening in.  Finally was able to catch him with a nicely planned shift+grab and got the kill.  As the cinematic played everyone was yelling and excited.  Come to find out, I killed him exactly at 0:01 left in the game.  One more second and he would have escaped.  Probably one of the best and most intense matches I played.  

• Like 1

Great stories guys. @Deadlytaco88 Sounds like you put in a hell of a lot of work in that counselor game man. Awesome job! And 8/8 with different kills is not easy to do.   I like it when the person playing Jason mixes things up. Nobody wants to spectate through 7 head punches.  @Corkenstein That's pretty damn exciting! I've never been in a match that close.       

One counselor match that will always stand out is the first time we killed Savini Jason. Actually, to date, it's the only time I've been part of killing that particular Jason, but we are still trying.  I don't have Savini Jason and none of the guys in my usual group do either. So, if the rest of the lobby wants to work as a team, we usually try to go after Hell-Jason when he shows up. I like seeing that skin in a match, because it looks freaking awesome! But, I like killing him even more. haha

I was playing a while ago with 3 friends as well as a pretty good group of counselors (trust me, I know how rare that is) against Hell Jason, and we decided pretty early on that we were going to try to kill him. I was playing as Deb, so I went to get the sweater fairly early. You know, after getting a flare gun, some spray, and a knife. I then worked on repairing the 4 door and the fuse while the other counselors worked on running items and trying to get Jason's mask off. 

We lost a couple of counselors because this Jason was pretty damn good! Luckily we were able to bait Jason close to the bridge with the car and fate smiled upon us. By that time, I had already used the flare gun, my knife, and the damn healing spray!?  But, I had a bat. It was a little more satisfying because the person playing Jason was kind of mocking us, saying he knew what we were trying to do and it wasn't going to work.

I was able to hypnotize (for lack of a better word) Jason, and stun him with the bat. Then Tommy put the machete right in his brainpan! Unfortunately, I wasn't recording that night. I know, I know, if I don't have proof, it didn't happen. But, we will definitely be trying to do it again, and I will try to remember to record it this time.. (I copy/pasted this from an earlier thread, I was pretty excited about doing it at the time.)

My Jason story isn't nearly as cool. The only reason it stands out it because I was catching crap from everyone else throughout the entire match because I was playing as Pt. 7 Jason. "Well, this escape is going to be easy!" "Damn scrub, you should have stuck with Part 3 Jason." "Let's kill him!". I heard stuff like that for most of the match. Imagine their surprise and dismay when I killed 7/8 of them! I would have had a perfect game, but the person playing Vanessa was pretty good, and she was able to kite me until the time ran out. I thought I had her a couple of times: Missed a shift/grab by a millisecond, missed with 2 throwing knives (I rarely miss), and I just couldn't predict her moves. She outplayed me, pure and simple. It was satisfying to have the rest of the lobby congratulating me after the fact though. It was a really fun match.

My best counselor match was actually the day before yesterday. It ended with a kill on a lvl 20-something part 2 Jason, under, shall we say, less-than-ideal circumstances.

I spawned as Vanessa in the Packanack lodge with the phone and the four-seater both present. Jason morphed in shortly, but was chasing someone else around the back. Meanwhile I found the fuel right away upstairs, along with the keys in some random drawer, and immediately put the former in and dropped off the latter.

When I moved on to the smaller cabins nearby, a group of other players came jogging in, carrying with them the battery (yay!) and the other can of fuel (boo!). It was pretty funny to hear their chatter evolve from stress to elation when they discovered the car already half-done, and I had to laugh when one of them triumphantly declared, "Guys! Guys! I found the keys!! I don't know, they were just right here!" Like the concept of someone finding the keys and subsequently dropping them next to the car was so foreign to them as to be literally unthinkable.

Anyway, they got the car going and in the confusion I decided to head for Jason's cabin to the west to get the sweater, since the fuse was nowhere to be found, the other players were uncommunicative, and I didn't really think they'd need help defending the car. Just on the off-chance there might be a decent Tommy among the soon-to-be-escapees.

Got the sweater without incident and made it back to the large cabin south-west of the lodge. When I was done looting it, I took a few moments to look at my map and take stock of things, and lo and behold, there came a wild Tommy Jarvis crashing in, apparently purely by chance. He did not, however, have a mic, and furthermore didn't respond when I offered him the axe, so our chances were already looking grim.

He did, however, decide to silently hang around for some reason.

After killing the last straggler, Jason morphed over to our private cabin. I had picked up a machete (Tommy, again, stubbornly refused to drop his shotgun), and proceeded to get as many hits in as I could as the killer broke and trapped the windows and began busting down the door.

What followed was the most hectic and intense bout of melee fighting I've ever had in this game. I was running around, literally hitting Jason with everything that wasn't nailed down in the house, going through the only machete, a wrench, a pan, and, in the end, a plank I'd found outside. Tommy's contribution to the fight was to: A. miss with his precious shotgun, B. distract Jason by also running around, C. allow me to get free hits in whenever Jason grabbed him, and D. (to his credit) save my ass from a fatal grab once.

It was the plank that eventually took the killer's mask, right outside the door, where I had been lurking just around the corner. Tommy was already wielding the axe I'd saved for him by this point, but throughout all of it had only hit Jason with it the one time--which, in this case, was fortunate, since that meant it still had enough hits left for the kill.

I called out to Tommy to come outside, and it turned out he actually could understand me, because he listened right away. I used the sweater, and Tommy immediately hit Jason, bringing him to his knees. Then I watched in horror as he swung again, potentially ruining the hard-fought kill. But the hit phased through, as I frantically told him to hit 'X' instead.

By some miracle, he did--in time for it to register, even.

The End (particularly for poor Jason).

• Like 1

i play my councilors on random and was playing a round as Chad. i spawned by the phone house, searched it, found the fuse, installed it and called the cops within the first minute. jason morphed to me, i knocked him on his ass and ran. he morphed over by the car and while he was busy with them, i was able to install the gas AND propeller in the boat and narrowly escaped. grabbed a beer from the fridge and walked in to my living room to see i came back as tommy jarvis just as the cops arrived. searched ONE cabin, found a knife and firecrackers. i b-lined for the exit and distracted Jason while the two remaining councilors escaped, got in an  extra long teabag after a shotgun to his face and escaped again. the whole round was over in something like 8 minutes. 

• Like 1

7/7 and 8/8 are always great because I'm not the best Jason  (my shift - grab needs some training)...

One game that comes to mind was when I played as AJ on crystal lake with part 2 Jason killing everyone rather rapidly. I managed to find the fuse, repair and call the police only to realise that I"m the last one left with Jason approaching. Ok, AJ armed with a flare and pocketknife , almost 5 minutes til the cops come and Jason already on my ass. What followed was cabin hopping, flare to face, archery juking and finally when the cops came Jason grabed me. He got knifed and I got away. I was sweating like a whore in church and when it was over I felt very happy about my performance. Needless to say, Jason was pretty frustrated... :)

I got to spectate a kid essentially walking down counselors for Jason the whole round, was frosty. Got Jason next round, morphed to where he was in the first 30 seconds. As I heard, "I opened the front door for you, Jason!", I came through the side door and killed him immediately.

I like seeing chances to play the game right more than masterful gameplay on my part.

• Like 1

I have a few ok matches I guess:

Fast forward to about 3 mins for first video

I can't specify a specific game that is my best match, but i have a few that are up there.

My best Jason performance was with Part 6. I was against a really organised group of counselors who all worked together really well to repair objectives. They managed to get the fuse box fixed but i morphed in time to stop them getting to the phone and killed the box. I then heard the gas and went to the four seater but i was wrong.

Somewhere in between my morph cool down they fixed the boat and were fast heading to the exit. Luckily i had my morph back and was able to kill them before they made it. I morphed back to the four seater and they had the battery in and someone was carrying the gas. I was able to pick this player off and headed towards another in a nearby cabin. I then was alerted someone was in my shack and i went there as quickly as i could but could not find anyone, but they had the sweater. I went back to the four seater to see if anyone had tried to fix that up and that is what i assumed was happening when i saw a few counselors around the car.

However they had no intention of fixing up the car at this point, they wanted to kill me. I was in a fight with two Brandons, Vanessa wearing a sweater and Tommy Jarvis. I managed to kill a Brandon but they still got my mask off and immediately the Vanessa turned into Pamela. I thought i was going to die, but the other Brandon botched his hit and i was able to survive. I was stunned with some firecrackers and they went into Plan B mode, escape via the car. They got in the car and started driving away, but i went into stalk mode and morphed ahead, then i shifted to the car and was able to stop it. I killed the Vanessa in the drivers seat before killing Brandon who tried to fight me. Tommy ran off, and being the last one alive it was a chase between myself and Tommy. He was really good at avoiding me for a good time, but eventually i switched tactics and used stalk to morph ahead of him and hide as he ran towards me. I was able to surprise and kill him to get the perfect score.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for counselors. I had a good game with Adam once where i spawned by the car and was able to help fix that up. I also played a hand in hurting Jason whilst we repaired the fuse box and called the cops. After that Jason morphed away to stop the four seater and i used. this chance with the help of Tommy to fix the boat up and escape quickly.

in another game i was AJ and i was able to fix the fuse and call the cops. I noticed someone fixed the boat and tried to escape but failed. Someone else tried swimming across not long after but also got killed by Jason. I waited until the cops arrived before swimming to the boat and making my escape

I was playing as Tiffany and I spawned at the cabin with the phone box. I found the fuse in one of the drawers, and found out that the box wasent trapped yet. I decided to take a chance and fix it, and surprisingly, I didn't miss a single QTE. I called the cops, but then Jason showed up. I kited him for the entire five minutes before the cops showed up. But right before I was close to the exit, Jason slashed me till I was to hurt to run. I was saying my prayers before I died when two Buggzys came out of nowhere and stunned Jason with a bat and healed me. Then we all tea bagged Jason together and ran for the exit together. This goes to show that not all Buggzys are TKers. 

I feel my best Jason game was today as Mr Sackhead.  Normally I don't play against the greatest of competion(Mostly quick match) and I kill most people when I'm Jason.  Today I was in a great group that was getting stuff done, despite me using all my traps.  They had a ton of pocket knives too!   Was trying to stop a couple of them in a car, and I knew the cops were being called but didn't want the car to escape, so I let that happen.  Eventually I stopped the car, but I had to start killing fast to prevent them all from escaping.  Must have still been like 5 alive when the cops arrived.  I managed to kill 7/8.  Only 1 escaped after all that. I really earned it with how these guys were getting shit done, juking me, and beating my ass!

My best counselor game is any game where I waste a ton of Jason's time(Im always Chad/sometimes Tommy) and give him a good beating/tea-bagging and piss him off.  Thats when I seem to be having my most fun. A good escape where I'm running to the cops, out of stamina, and have to stun Jason to escape is great too. 

OK. New best match. Albeit briefly.

Yesterday was teamkilling day for whatever reason. Had a whole bunch of consecutive games were there was at least some form betrayal going on. But one particular lobby stood out: when I joined, at least 4 people were already talking in a foreign language I couldn't quite identify. As I and a few others joined, they would call out each of our names a few times. I tried asking what was up and if any of them spoke English, but they kept asking me a short question I had no hope of understanding.

The game began. Packanack. I was (of course) Lachappa and spawned in Woodbury. Found the fuse in the second drawer I opened, so I knew right away that the phone should be in one of the two cabins nearby. Heard Jason's music start up at this point, so I hid in a closet, assuming he was there to lay down traps and such and might then promptly bugger off.

Fortunately, he did.

Once at the phone cabin, I discovered (to my delight) that this part 7 Jason was so casual as to have not trapped the fusebox. He didn't even do any property damage! So I went to put in the fuse, while a random Tiffany climbed in through a window. I assumed it was to make the call, but she climbed out the opposite window seconds later, so apparently it was up to me to phone my dad (AKA "A cop").

While I was calling, Tiffany climbed back in somewhere, floundered around a bit, eventually seemed to spot me, and then finally took a swing at me. Too late: the call had just gone through. Approximately 1.2 seconds later, Jason morphed in.

Ooooh, so that's how we're gonna play it.

What followed was an epic chase through the three cabins at Woodbury (each one at least thrice), with me doing my utmost to dodge or block Tiffany's machete swings, body-block her from entering windows, and hitting her whenever I was able, and simultaneously juking Jason and putting him flat on his back on at least five distinct occasions. (I mean, I know the wrench technically has a 60% stun chance or so, but I swear to God it was doing 100% for me right there and then, channeling the force of sheer adrenaline.)

Usually I'm a quiet, to-the-point guy, but in this case I was using my mic to taunt them at every opportunity, telling them exactly how sad it was that they couldn't even kill one little Lachap, and that you'd have to be the worst Jason of all time if you cheat by teaming and then still fail so hard (disclaimer: actual in-game phrasing might have included a few more expletives and/or bags of tea).

By the time they finally killed me, Tiffany was bloodied and limping, Jason was demasked (Tiffany had accidentally gotten grabbed, allowing me to grab her machete), and hopefully their collective pride had taken quite a few dents as well.

On top of that, the police would be arriving any second now! So I felt pretty good about buying my teammates this much time at least, giving them at good chance at survival. 

I checked how the other counselors were doing, and... Oh. Everybody was fighting. Literally everybody. Two on one, one on one... I could only conclude that Jason probably actually had four helpers on his side this match.

I sighed and left.

But, you know, still.

Last night the kids tried to kill me as Jason. I showed them that against a Jason that knows how to play well that is next to impossible. A player in the match said if "I am Jason you can kill me." I said "If I am Jason I am going to kill every last motherfucking one of you." The entire field laughed at me. They would find that it would be I that laughs last. I encountered the first pair of kids while trapping the phone. The player that was offering himself up to be killed as Jason said "Ok Six you want to do this the hard way?" I said jokingly "Yeah give it to me hard you know I like it hard!" And I started laughing. He left my friend to die to be resurrected as Tommy. He did well trying to get my mask off but he was AJ and didn't do enough damage. He fell to my axe. I suspected that the rest would be trying to get the sweater. I was not disappointed. The shack was on the island on Crystal Lake. After some cat and mouse I managed to drown one of three kids as they swam across. The player who wanted to sacrifice himself as Jason got the sweater and was killed right after he left the shack. I said "Thanks for the challenge GG." Then I proceeded in killing every last player in the game just like I said I would. 

As a counselor I was playing Vanessa. The cops had been called and I was in a cabin close to the exit. I had been kiting the hell out of Jason the whole match. When the police arrived I said "Looks like your going to let everyone escape chasing me." He didn't realize it but he had already killed everyone else. He morphed away to the exit. I waited for him to come back because the timer hit the two minute mark. When he arrived I said "Come on in Jason I have a couch to sell you. Check out this wonderful indestructible couch! The height of durability. It's cat proof, Jason proof, Black Widow and Hulk fucking on it proof! All for the low low price of 19.99$" The Jason player started laughing his ass off and actually walked over and LOOKED at the couch. It was my que to GTFO. I took off running as fast as my little Vanessa ass could go. Out the door of the cabin down the road to safety. The Jason player said afterwards "Your a smart man." I replied "Does that mean I got the commission on the couch?"

My best match, in recent memory, was yesterday. I was Jason part 7 on the Crystal Lake map. I trapped the phone at the tool shed and killed 1 person in boathouse. I just killed a second near the middle of the map when I hear the battery notification go off. 

So I go to birch ridge and see 3 people fixing the car. Just as one finishes putting the battery in, one of them gets in the car to start it up. I stop it immediately as it starts moving and I pull them out.  As I do the quick head punch, a fourth person joins the fray.

Then its complete madness. These 4 people tried everything. I go into combat stance and put on the block. I deflect hits with melee weapons, firecrackers: I mean everything. In less then 2 minutes, I killed all 4 of them and prevented them from using the car.  

I finishes the game off with a little jump scare on the last survivor and finished with the good ol' 7/7. 

Lesson hear: Use that block on the combat stance. You are a tank! 

Ok, the negativity is getting rampant around here again. Come on people, share your best experiences playing our favorite game! With 3 and a half months in, there have to be some great tales to tell. :)

I would have to say the most exhilarating match I ever played it had my adrenaline pumping. It was a full lobby. Me, 2 Russians, 4 blokes from UK. Being the only American, I was already getting the butt end of most of trolling. But then started getting blasted for having Savini Jason. I main Savini. Play Manhattan secondary, part 3 3rd and part 2 4th. Well the match begins and i get Jason. First place I morph is the location of the phone and two seater car happens to be there. I trap the phone twice and the battery. I get after one taunting guy who isn't making any attempt to hide or remain quiet. He leads me in the path of an aj and I kill her in passing. Keeps taunting as he runs to a campsite to hide. I grab a Kenny and another counselor hits me as I enter the kill animation and it glitches me in the grapple animation leaving me unable to use any of the buttons. All I can do is slow walk. I asked the guy I was originally chasing to come hit me and break the glitch. If he did I would allow himto escape for helping fix the glitch. He comes out of the tent and starts laughing. Calling me a stupid f@$#ing American. Taunting me with some more slurs and colorful words before saying oh were gonna fix the car instead, this will be an easy win. Well all I could think to do was walk in the direction of water as I had seen the grapple animation break when Jason walks too far in the water while grappling. Sure enough it worked, but I had wasted nearly 5 minutes walking unable to use my map to know which direction I was even going in. First thing morph to car. All five are here and its assembled. They had found the keys and getting it cranked. I kill one more but the car starts moving. I try morphing in the road and they dodge past laughing taunting again. I shift and they hang me on a fence post but I recover and stall the car. One calls me a ni@#er the same one who was mostly trash talking me before the match started and at the beginning. I grab the driver but one came back as Tommy and he shot me and stunned me. They all get back in but I grab the driver again. Kill them. They stun me get the car moving again. I morph down the road from it and shift into the hood and stall it. Grab the driver. Kill them Tommy stuns me they get the car started. I shift shut it down they stun me and take off running. I keep spamming sense to keep an eye on everyone. Tommy and main taunter tried luring me and I kept the third counselor in shift range and let them get back to the car. They got in and tried starting it, just as I shifted to them and pulled them out and killed them. I went for taunter then. Tommy got the car drove it to just outside the exit, tried to leave it for taunter and drawing me on them. I had kept an eye on them both with sense and I had stalled the car by the exit but I knew what was up as I could see the red outline of the taunter as he tried sneaking Vanessa into it, but I made sure she was in range of my shift and shifted to her just as she was closing the door and bam, I grab her through the window and gave her the shitty one handed choke death as punishment. Tommy tried running as I then shift back to him but stops as soon as his stamina runs out and turns around to face me and meet his fate, finally conceding, yeah man we f'ed up sorry, said he its all good I won in the end anyway, but you have no idea how shaky I am from the adrenaline rush I got. I pick him up and bear hug him to death.

I almost rage quit as soon as the game glitched and instead of helping me they taunted and insulted. Being an honorable player I dont think that's cool. I've gone back and let Jason kill me when the game has glitched in my favor and robbed Jason of a kill. Even before the banning for glitching days I glitched on two matches on the packanack roof. But in good conscience I couldn't survive the match. After messing with the Jason player I then went and hunted him down and after watching him kill another player said my turn. Sorry about trolling you up on the roof man, no hard feelings. And asked him to do the head crush on the wall kill to ne (my favorite kill by the way)

@RandallFlagg That was a great story. I don't have Savini Jason, so it is always exciting for me when he shows up. (I play on steam). These are all awesome stories. Keep em coming guys. I know most of us would rather hear about people having a great time playing the game as opposed to constant complaining about trivial stuff. I'm looking forward to reading more re-enactments of fun matches.

My favorite match was when me as a female, chad and Tommy Jarvis killed part 6 Jason. I activated the sweater and the first second I activated it chad hit Jason with a bat then he dropped to his knees then 3 seconds later Tommy came in for the kill after the first chop with the axe the player playing Jason rage quit and after that it glitched then Jason jumped up into the air in slow motion. Aw man, I wish I filmed it.

As Jason this has been the match that made me happiest. This group of counselors were patting themselves on the back for just having killed the Jason in the match previous to this one in about 8 or 9 minutes. I thought going in that maybe they were pretty good. They weren't, and it was nice to wipe the smiles off their face and end the shit talking.