When the Jasons were first shown off Jason 7 was the one I wanted to use most. Awesome look, uses the machete, lumbering part skeleton man going around chasing counselors. Sounds great, right? Sadly in game his stats just do not allow him to do enough. Oh his hidden hearing and boosted sense let him see everyone. I guess that's ok? When you can't catch up to people because you're a zombie Jason and the main mode of transportation for said zombie Jasons has a longer cool down, slower speed, shorter distance traveled, and shorter duration, you're screwed. The car is impossible to catch. It's also impossible to deal with the car before it gets started because you only have 3 traps. 

I really hope you guys are looking in to completely reworking his stats. I don't mind if he's a slow Jason. You could ditch grip strength and sense (both are useless because you can instantly kill counselors when you grab them and sense can be turned off early to cooldown when turned off), and replaced with boosted traps and stalk. Then you remove his trap and shift weaknesses, swap them with defense or stun resistance, and he'd be viable. Perhaps a strength that makes him get Rage really fast, called Enrage? 

That's just me brain storming and not in any way something to take consider as a fix. I'm just a guy who wants Jason 7 to be on par with the other Jasons but his tools just do not allow it. I don't feel like a menacing threat as Jason 7, I feel like Jason from the first movie drowning while the counselors stand on the dock and laugh. Whatever you do, please please please rework his stats. At the very least get rid of the penalty to shift. No Zombie Jason should have a weakness to shift. You guys are working hard to fix various bugs, make new content, but you've never once mentioned tweaking the Jasons stats. Everyone feels 7 is by far the worst due to no movement options, strengths that really don't benefit his lack of movement options, and weaknesses that just hinder him further with his lack of movement options. 

Yes I know some people can kill 12 out of 8 counselors with Jason 7 because they're just that badass, but the simple fact is he is undoubtedly the weakest Jason and the hardest to catch people as. Not asking that he be the best, just on par with the others. 

As is Jason 7 is a sad boy. You don't want poor ol' Jason 7 to be a sad boy, do ya? 

66f9939541bdf8f95b86d416365407a5.jpg

• Like 2

Even changing only ONE thing would make him more viable: Swap -Traps with -Stun Resistance(stun resustance was his weakness in the Beta). This would mean he'd have more map control ability. I wouldn't mind the penalty to stun resistance if Part 7 had 5 traps. Even that small change would help tremendously.

17 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Even changing only ONE thing would make him more viable: Swap -Traps with -Stun Resistance(stun resustance was his weakness in the Beta). This would mean he'd have more map control ability. I wouldn't mind the penalty to stun resistance if Part 7 had 5 traps. Even that small change would help tremendously.

I have no idea why they swapped stun resistance for negative traps, or why they thought -shift on a walking Jason was a good idea. I guess a penalty to shift could work for a walking Jason if he had the right benefits, but Jason 7 does not. 

Have they ever commented on if they're looking into tweaking Jason stats? I don't think I've ever seen them mention or acknowledge the mess that is Jason 7 which is why I'm concerned if he's going to be stuck this way forever. Which would really be unfortunate. I don't mind if a couple counselors escape because they worked well together, but with Jason 7 it never feels like it's my fault things go poorly. Well, not most of the time. Jason 7 is "waiting for cooldowns, the Jason". You try to go after someone you're just leaving the objectives wide open for people to gently jog up to and finish. 

@VenomSymbiote Lately I've been having more success with Part 7 Jason in public lobbies where there is less team organization, but really only on Higgins' Haven. The inlet in the center of the map allows fast water Jasons to travel along there to scout what's happening without wasting a morph. The other maps are 90% land where that has no benefit. I've been saying since the beta if Part 7 had a better positive, like +Weapon Strength in the place of +Sense or +Grip Strength, that would be much better.

1 minute ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

@VenomSymbiote Lately I've been having more success with Part 7 Jason in public lobbies where there is less team organization, but really only on Higgins' Haven. The inlet in the center of the map allows fast water Jasons to travel along there to scout what's happening without wasting a morph. The other maps are 90% land where that has no benefit. I've been saying since the beta if Part 7 had a better positive, like +Weapon Strength in the place of +Sense or +Grip Strength, that would be much better.

I'd agree but only if they ditched the -shift. That really really hurts him. Weapon strength would be nice but that only helps if you can get up close to them, and when most counselors can just outjog, not outrun, Jason 7, it'd be sort of wasted. Better than what he has now sure, but I dunno if it'd really help much. 

10 minutes ago, VenomSymbiote said:

I'd agree but only if they ditched the -shift. That really really hurts him. Weapon strength would be nice but that only helps if you can get up close to them, and when most counselors can just outjog, not outrun, Jason 7, it'd be sort of wasted. Better than what he has now sure, but I dunno if it'd really help much. 

-Shift CAN work... but it needs a positive that has a tangible benefit. +Grip Strength don't really matter except for environmental kills, and +Sense is kind of "meh." It helps but it's not super duper important.

I had an idea for bleed damage. +Weapon Strength adds something like 13.3% damage to weapons(that's 3 strikes vs 5 strikes without perks, 33% vs 20% damage per hit). I was thinking that the base damage of "+Bleed Damage" would be the same as normal base damage, then stacked on top of that is the 13.3% extra damage but applied over time instead, like 15 seconds. It could catch someone off guard, like they get hit, run away, then suddenly they pass the limping threshold with the bleed damage and slow down, then shift in and get them. That could be interesting on Part 7. I'd swap Grip Strength for that. Otherwise +Weapon Strength would suffice for Part 7 even if combined with -Shift.

Since I've been so frustrated with Jason 7 I decided to use Jason 6 today and the difference is unreal. Not only can he actually catch people but they're forced to run more often which tires them out and makes them easier to catch. Even with breaking generators and being around counselors as Jason 7 for a while as I slowly power walk toward them, they never seem to run out of stamina. It's crazy. Guess I'll just stick with 6 if/until they tweak Jason 7. 

Just dont use him. if the sole reason for wanting to use him is because he looks the coolist. Although saying that, i dont like to use part 9 because he looks like a fucked up testicle hahah

3 hours ago, Super-Luke88 said:

Just dont use him. if the sole reason for wanting to use him is because he looks the coolist. Although saying that, i dont like to use part 9 because he looks like a fucked up testicle hahah

Im dieing over here haha. Part 7 Jason I enjoy solely for the weapon kills or I want to handicap myself against players. My buddy and I was thinking about an ability for part 7 to refresh his other abilities with a long cooldown. I personally believe part 7 should get destruction take out grip strength sense is booty as well high fear equal me seeing you across map in most cases.

He should have lower shift cool down as well its zombie Jason. I do hope the rework him and as for part 9... I never play him cause weapon kills are to long

6 hours ago, Crissgrimm said:

Im dieing over here haha. Part 7 Jason I enjoy solely for the weapon kills or I want to handicap myself against players. My buddy and I was thinking about an ability for part 7 to refresh his other abilities with a long cooldown. I personally believe part 7 should get destruction take out grip strength sense is booty as well high fear equal me seeing you across map in most cases.

He should have lower shift cool down as well its zombie Jason. I do hope the rework him and as for part 9... I never play him cause weapon kills are to long

By lower shift cool down do you mean a quicker cool down? Cause I agree with that. 

Both sense and grip strength should never go together unless maybe with a badass skill like Destruction. However even if it's very situational I think 7 should keep water speed due to the movie. Maybe give him Water speed, stalk, traps as strengths. Weaknesses can't run, stun resistance, morph?

Does Gun Media ever comment in their forum topics? Mainly curious if they see what people discuss and if they know the overall view of Jason 7 compared to the other Jasons.

I really like part 7 sense ability . I know you can toggle it, but it goes well with Stalk, cause you can hide around a corner and  know exactly where people are and get a jump attack on them.

I do agree though that he needs a slight boost. Initially I was against it, but J7 against a gang of councilors is hard to deal with, and that play style is becoming more common.

Id replace grip strength with Stalk, as combined with high sense would make him a hunter Jason. 

And either remove his trap weakness or shift weakness and replace it with low Defense, or Stun.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, VenomSymbiote said:

By lower shift cool down do you mean a quicker cool down? Cause I agree with that. 

Both sense and grip strength should never go together unless maybe with a badass skill like Destruction. However even if it's very situational I think 7 should keep water speed due to the movie. Maybe give him Water speed, stalk, traps as strengths. Weaknesses can't run, stun resistance, morph?

Does Gun Media ever comment in their forum topics? Mainly curious if they see what people discuss and if they know the overall view of Jason 7 compared to the other Jasons.

This post right here^ +1

I have success with P7 Jason, but I see where everyone else is coming from. There is definitely a steep learning curve with him and a lot of the people I play with hate P7 because of his weaknesses, but it is all about learning to play around his weaknesses. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dandop1984 said:

I know you can toggle it, but it goes well with Stalk, cause you can hide around a corner and  know exactly where people are and get a jump attack on them.

Aren't they just the best kills!

Had a kill the other night. Smashed through the door like a bad ass, so the guy climbed out of the window. He thought i would morph outside to chase him, but i waited and as expected he came running straight back in to continue looting, so i stood behind a door and surpised grabbed him 'Boo motherfucker'. He screamed, i laughed...good times.

I also love using stalk and shift when stopping the car. You just appear out of nowhere, no music, no screen static. Normally makes people jump :)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, AdrianBlackbear said:

I have success with P7 Jason, but I see where everyone else is coming from. There is definitely a steep learning curve with him and a lot of the people I play with hate P7 because of his weaknesses, but it is all about learning to play around his weaknesses. 

In my opinion there is no real learning to play around his weaknesses. They're so damaging that it's more about just waiting for your timers to cool down to be capable of doing anything substantial, especially with his measly three traps. If you have to play a Jason around his weaknesses instead of around his strengths, there's something wrong. You should be able to utilize a Jason strengths and the weaknesses prevent you from being a completely unstoppable god, but both Jason 7s weaknesses and strengths are against him in this regard. 

I mean sure you "can" do well with Jason 7 "IF" the situation prevents itself. I had a match the other day where the phone and car spawned right by each other. I didn't have to move far from that spot and got everybody. Not because of any strength Jason 7 had though. Water is situational and almost moot since every Jason can shift into the water, grip is just straight up useless 99% of the time, and sense again unlike all other abilities can be toggled off early to cool down from where you stopped it. Even if Sense couldn't be recharged early I'd still feel it wouldn't be a "fix" to Jason 7 if they tweaked it to not toggle off and cool down from where you do so, because again without traps and even a normal shift he just can't properly catch counselors like every other Jason.

I really like the idea of Jason 7 being a spooky trapper ghost man. Water speed, +traps, +stalk. Can't run, -sense, then anything else besides -shift. This would also give people access to a Jason with stalk before level 20 which for a new player seems like forever. Though there's already two +stalk Jasons so if they don't want to do that perhaps +morph instead. I still prefer the trapper ghost stalking man so he doesn't feel too much like Jason 2. That being said Jason 2 is the only Jason that has +traps so it'd be nice to have another trapper Jason. Hell with how great Destruction is they could give Jason 8 something else, swap the stalk over to 7 so people have access to a stalker early, and 8 would still be fantastic just for how good Destruction is. Again as long as they get rid of Jason 7s -shift and -traps. 

Hell how about Water speed, +stalk, Enrage, Can't run, -sense, anything but -shift. Enrage is a new ability that makes Jason 7s rage build up crazy fast, he has five traps which can cover the two main objectives while he stalks around, and well before the halfway mark he'd be in rage mode. 

No zombie Jason should have -shift except for maybe Jason X since he was rebuilt through future science magic, as long as he had great skills to back it up. 

• Like 2

Howabout they give him a new feature +rage. That along with the standard amount of traps would take some of the edge off of the slow recharge rates but it might make him impossibly difficult to deal with walking through doors at the 12 minute mark instead of the 10 minute.

3 hours ago, RAGNAR0K N ROLL said:

Howabout they give him a new feature +rage. That along with the standard amount of traps would take some of the edge off of the slow recharge rates but it might make him impossibly difficult to deal with walking through doors at the 12 minute mark instead of the 10 minute.

12 and 10 aren't too different but I had a match as Jason 7 where my Rage didn't activate until there was only 5 minutes left. That's way too long for 7 to get Rage. 

I don't like the idea of -shift on a zombie Jason but I guess it could work on 7 if he had +traps and stalk, but I'd still prefer -shift just not be a thing unless you're human or have some really bitchin positives. 

1 minute ago, VenomSymbiote said:

12 and 10 aren't too different but I had a match as Jason 7 where my Rage didn't activate until there was only 5 minutes left. That's way too long for 7 to get Rage. 

I don't like the idea of -shift on a zombie Jason but I guess it could work on 7 if he had +traps and stalk, but I'd still prefer -shift just not be a thing unless you're human or have some really bitchin positives. 

The 12 and 10 was really more of just an arbitrary figure I threw out there than a clear well thought out number. But I thought that 10 minutes was the official "rage" time for all of them? Maybe I'm wrong. I just think that if he was severely handicapped at the start but gets the enhanced cooldowns rage bring with it sooner it might make for a "different' play style. As it is I'm hardly ever worried about seeing him since I know if he's popped over it'll be a while before his slow ass will be able to get me. Honestly I find 8 and Savini to be the most threatening ones to play against because you hardly get breathing room in the first place with +destruction

6 hours ago, VenomSymbiote said:

In my opinion there is no real learning to play around his weaknesses. They're so damaging that it's more about just waiting for your timers to cool down to be capable of doing anything substantial, especially with his measly three traps. If you have to play a Jason around his weaknesses instead of around his strengths, there's something wrong. You should be able to utilize a Jason strengths and the weaknesses prevent you from being a completely unstoppable god, but both Jason 7s weaknesses and strengths are against him in this regard. 

I mean sure you "can" do well with Jason 7 "IF" the situation prevents itself. I had a match the other day where the phone and car spawned right by each other. I didn't have to move far from that spot and got everybody. Not because of any strength Jason 7 had though. Water is situational and almost moot since every Jason can shift into the water, grip is just straight up useless 99% of the time, and sense again unlike all other abilities can be toggled off early to cool down from where you stopped it. Even if Sense couldn't be recharged early I'd still feel it wouldn't be a "fix" to Jason 7 if they tweaked it to not toggle off and cool down from where you do so, because again without traps and even a normal shift he just can't properly catch counselors like every other Jason.

I really like the idea of Jason 7 being a spooky trapper ghost man. Water speed, +traps, +stalk. Can't run, -sense, then anything else besides -shift. This would also give people access to a Jason with stalk before level 20 which for a new player seems like forever. Though there's already two +stalk Jasons so if they don't want to do that perhaps +morph instead. I still prefer the trapper ghost stalking man so he doesn't feel too much like Jason 2. That being said Jason 2 is the only Jason that has +traps so it'd be nice to have another trapper Jason. Hell with how great Destruction is they could give Jason 8 something else, swap the stalk over to 7 so people have access to a stalker early, and 8 would still be fantastic just for how good Destruction is. Again as long as they get rid of Jason 7s -shift and -traps. 

Hell how about Water speed, +stalk, Enrage, Can't run, -sense, anything but -shift. Enrage is a new ability that makes Jason 7s rage build up crazy fast, he has five traps which can cover the two main objectives while he stalks around, and well before the halfway mark he'd be in rage mode. 

No zombie Jason should have -shift except for maybe Jason X since he was rebuilt through future science magic, as long as he had great skills to back it up. 

Every Jason has a weakness, that is why they all have negative attributes. P2 is really slow in water, so heaven forbid there is ever a boat escape because it is a free 2 person getaway. P3 has horrible stun resistance. I've never seen a P3 actually resist a stun ever. Every connection between a melee and a P3 ends in favor of the counselor. P9 has low objective control with fewer traps and low defense stats - he is not only an easy target for killing Jason, but also can't cover all of the escapes with his traps. P7 has low mobility, but it is about playing him smart - his grab is amazing (nearly inescapable even with high composure characters) and he has massive control over waterways. If I'm playing as P7 on Higgins or Crystal Lake, I use the water to my advantage because it saves me a shift and morph. 

On 8/11/2017 at 5:28 PM, AdrianBlackbear said:

Every Jason has a weakness, that is why they all have negative attributes. P2 is really slow in water, so heaven forbid there is ever a boat escape because it is a free 2 person getaway. P3 has horrible stun resistance. I've never seen a P3 actually resist a stun ever. Every connection between a melee and a P3 ends in favor of the counselor. P9 has low objective control with fewer traps and low defense stats - he is not only an easy target for killing Jason, but also can't cover all of the escapes with his traps. P7 has low mobility, but it is about playing him smart - his grab is amazing (nearly inescapable even with high composure characters) and he has massive control over waterways. If I'm playing as P7 on Higgins or Crystal Lake, I use the water to my advantage because it saves me a shift and morph. 

I agree with everything you said there except about the boat against Pt. 2 Jason being a "free 2 person getaway". Morph is Jason's best friend to strand that damn boat out in the middle of the lake. I admit that if the boat spawns when you are playing this particular Jason, it is going to make a clean sweep much more difficult. But, the boat is far from a guaranteed escape against him. 

As for Pt. 7 Jason, I like playing as him. The biggest reason is because most experienced players will lower their guard and relax a little if they see Pt. 7 in the intro. They will also usually talk an inordinate amount of shit to the person playing him when given the chance. That makes it so much sweeter when you have a 6-8 to 8-8 kill ratio in the match. Again, I'm not saying it is not tough playing as Pt. 7 Jason, it is. But, you are still the baddest MoFo at the camp!

5 minutes ago, Rexfellis said:

I agree with everything you said there except about the boat against Pt. 2 Jason being a "free 2 person getaway". Morph and shift are Jason's two best friends to strand that damn boat out in the middle of the lake. I admit that if the boat spawns when you are playing this particular Jason, it is going to make a clean sweep much more difficult. But, the boat is far from a guaranteed escape against him. 

As for Pt. 7 Jason, I like playing as him. The biggest reason is because most experienced players will lower their guard and relax a little if they see Pt. 7 in the intro. They will also usually talk an inordinate amount of shit to the person playing him when given the chance. That makes it so much sweeter when you have a 6-8 to 8-8 kill ratio in the match. Again, I'm not saying it is not tough playing as Pt. 7 Jason, it is. But, you are still the baddest MoFo at the camp!

If you could shift in water, I would agree, but since you can't, we will agree to disagree. Alone, he is super slow in water, and all it takes is a good sailor to throw him completely off course and risk either: a. losing out further to continue chasing them with another morph (if time allows), or b. go back to more important objectives and let the counselor(s) escape via boat. Not guaranteed, but fairly easy to outmaneuver a P2 in water.

It is probably much tougher to play P7 compared to others, yes, but that's the fun in it. All of the suggestions that I am seeing here in this thread are just ways to make him that much more strong. The community cries "too weak" now, but if he were to get buffs, they'd all be complaining about how he's too strong with + Grip, + Sense, + Water Speed and then have a regular amount of traps too.

The point of my original posts were that every Jason has a weakness to overcome, not just him, and people need to adjust to the learning curve rather than crying because he doesn't shift as fast as P9, or have as many traps as P2.

30 minutes ago, AdrianBlackbear said:

If you could shift in water, I would agree, but since you can't, we will agree to disagree. Alone, he is super slow in water, and all it takes is a good sailor to throw him completely off course and risk either: a. losing out further to continue chasing them with another morph (if time allows), or b. go back to more important objectives and let the counselor(s) escape via boat. Not guaranteed, but fairly easy to outmaneuver a P2 in water.

It is probably much tougher to play P7 compared to others, yes, but that's the fun in it. All of the suggestions that I am seeing here in this thread are just ways to make him that much more strong. The community cries "too weak" now, but if he were to get buffs, they'd all be complaining about how he's too strong with + Grip, + Sense, + Water Speed and then have a regular amount of traps too.

The point of my original posts were that every Jason has a weakness to overcome, not just him, and people need to adjust to the learning curve rather than crying because he doesn't shift as fast as P9, or have as many traps as P2.

You are correct about shifting in water. I was having a "discussion" with my kiddo about his homework, and was kinda typing on autopilot. Sorry about that. But, I've had some decent luck stopping the boat with Sackhead. Like I said, it is obviously more difficult to do, but it can be done. So, I guess we can kinda agree to agree. :) 

I also agree with you about Pt. 7. I don't think he should be buffed at all either. For every post you have about Pt. 7 being weak, you have 10 saying that "Jason is too OP" there is entirely too much crying about this game. You would think that people who play a game with a hulking, murderous madman on the loose brutally eviscerating and decapitating hapless counselors would have thicker skin. But Reddit, and Facebook are filled with crybabies who want everything now. These forums are actually quite tame in that regard. Sure there are a few butthurt whiners that want to complain about every little thing in this game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AdrianBlackbear said:

Part 7 doesn't have just 1 weakness to overcome. You have to overcome: Lack of mobility, all three of your strengths being moot or situational, all of your weaknesses be damning and two of said weaknesses hindering your movement speed. Every Jason should have a weakness but J7 has them in spades. He should be buffed so he's at least on par with the other Jasons. I don't agree that one Jason should be horrible compared to the rest just so there's a special snowflake Jason around that if the situation arises gives people an 8/8. Plain and simple he's worse than the other Jasons and me and many others just don't think it's fair or needed. 

Then you have Jasons like 8 who have great strengths and laughable weaknesses. Why do you think so many Jason 8's fill the rooms now? Not saying he should be nerfed, but I do think a Jason having both destruction and stalk is a bit much. He gets to be sneaky, destroy doors really fast, and has normal morph and shift cool downs? Makes Jason 7 look like a joke. Jason 7 has no gimmick or style. Unless you consider waiting for your ability cool downs and watching people lightly jog away from you most of the time as a gimmick.

He can sense you real well? All Jasons can toggle sense early, pointless. Boosted grip? Headpunch invalidates the ability all together, though really any grab kill does. Water as a strength I like even though situational. He can hear the best but again, good luck trying to catch the sound blips. So two rather pointless strengths, a hidden stat to show you who can jog away from you, and one situational one. Every other Jason has at least one boost that helps them out all the time, while Jason 7 doesn't as well as being gimped in his mobility. I just find it ludicrous. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, VenomSymbiote said:

Part 7 doesn't have just 1 weakness to overcome. You have to overcome: Lack of mobility, all three of your strengths being moot or situational, all of your weaknesses be damning and two of said weaknesses hindering your movement speed. Every Jason should have a weakness but J7 has them in spades. He should be buffed so he's at least on par with the other Jasons. I don't agree that one Jason should be horrible compared to the rest just so there's a special snowflake Jason around that if the situation arises gives people an 8/8. Plain and simple he's worse than the other Jasons and me and many others just don't think it's fair or needed. 

Then you have Jasons like 8 who have great strengths and laughable weaknesses. Why do you think so many Jason 8's fill the rooms now? Not saying he should be nerfed, but I do think a Jason having both destruction and stalk is a bit much. He gets to be sneaky, destroy doors really fast, and has normal morph and shift cool downs? Makes Jason 7 look like a joke. Jason 7 has no gimmick or style. Unless you consider waiting for your ability cool downs and watching people lightly jog away from you most of the time as a gimmick.

He can sense you real well? All Jasons can toggle sense early, pointless. Boosted grip? Headpunch invalidates the ability all together, though really any grab kill does. Water as a strength I like even though situational. He can hear the best but again, good luck trying to catch the sound blips. So two rather pointless strengths, a hidden stat to show you who can jog away from you, and one situational one. Every other Jason has at least one boost that helps them out all the time, while Jason 7 doesn't as well as being gimped in his mobility. I just find it ludicrous. 

I don't believe for one second that his strengths are situational. Situational strengths would mean that his attributes fit on only certain occasions, and that is not the case, they ALWAYS work on every map. They fit any map, and give Jason an edge over counselors, just as the + stats are supposed to do. The "can't run" trait is negligible - half of the Jason characters can't run anyways. -Traps? He is still fine, P9 has -Traps too and it doesn't hurt him. It doesn't make P9 unplayable. -Shift? "OH GOD NO. UNPLAYABLE." Why does a longer cooldown on shift make him unplayable to part of the community? Learn how to use it right. Don't waste your shift on stupid stuff. If the community outcry over P7 proves anything, it's that there is an over-reliance on shifting and use of traps for control. You can't play each Jason the same way you play another. That's not the intended purpose of having strengths and weaknesses on a Jason.

This is also the same community of people that will cry when P7 gets a buff and he's "super OP." He's not unplayable. People just don't know how to use him to the fullest of his ability. @GunMedia_Ben had it completely right when he said this community "Can't have nice things."

As I explained, grab and sense are pointless because of how the grab and sense work. They aren't even situational because they are fundamentally non-strengths. I'm glad you get 12 out of 8 counselors with Jason 7 every time. That doesn't mean he isn't obviously and painfully weaker than the other Jasons. 

I've suggested before and seen people suggest to make grip strength as a boost keep counselors from knocking friends out of Jasons grasp. I'm sure it'd tick off some people but if that was implemented it would actually give Jason 7 and I think it was 3 a boost since simply being in a group wouldn't guarantee your safety. Their gimmick would be "If I get you, you are 100% screwed." Unless of course they break free or have a pocket knife. Which for Jason 7 and his lack of mobility would be a big help. 

As for not having nice things, I feel friendly fire should be a thing that can be on but people abuse it far too much. If you think Jason 7 being a crawling sack of crap is a "nice thing" then I'd hate to see what you consider bad.

Edit: Also regarding shift, it doesn't just make the cool down longer. It also decreases its speed, duration, and distance traveled. It's not just -shift either, it's the fact that as a Zombie Jason he also gets Can't run, and the weakness to traps means he cannot control the map in any way as well as the other Jasons can.