Sign in to follow this  
JasonsToenail

Frame drops with GTX 1080 Ti and 'Epic' video settings

Everything runs buttery smooth until I bump into a pack of counselors, then my FPS takes a nosedive. Is the 'Epic' preset not optimized? Or do I need something faster than a 1080 Ti?

My CPU is a i7-4970K @ 4.6GHz

23 minutes ago, JasonsToenail said:

Everything runs buttery smooth until I bump into a pack of counselors, then my FPS takes a nosedive. Is the 'Epic' preset not optimized? Or do I need something faster than a 1080 Ti?

My CPU is a i7-4970K @ 4.6GHz

Definitely shouldn't be getting those results with your rig.

i have the i7 6700k @ stock and 1080 Ti and i dont get those issues at all something is wrong on your end

2 hours ago, shady16 said:

i have the i7 6700k @ stock and 1080 Ti and i dont get those issues at all something is wrong on your end

So if you morph into a pack of 6-7 counselors by the car, all with flashlights on running around, you're FPS doesn't tank?

1 hour ago, JasonsToenail said:

So if you morph into a pack of 6-7 counselors by the car, all with flashlights on running around, you're FPS doesn't tank?

no it does not even at 4k it doesnt with epic settings, though i play at 1440p  most of the time

1080Ti & i7-6850k here, solid 100fps with no drops on epic settings at 1440p/34" monitor (all at stock speeds with F13 because it's worse than something coded by a short-bus rider in their garage).

No idea if it relates to your issues, but I've found F13 has stability issues with GPU, CPU, and RAM overclocks that numerous other games and synthetic benchmarks run for hours upon hours without issue. Calling the "optimization" in F13 amateur hour would be an insult to amateurs. I would expect that to crash your game rather than tank your fps, but you might want to see if dropping any core/memory +offsets you're running helps. Are you having heat throttling issues under higher loads, maybe?

Sign in to follow this