Jump to content
lHeartBreakerl

Dead by Daylight possibly adding more iconic killers.

Recommended Posts

http://bloody-disgusting.com/video-games/3451457/horror-icons-may-added-slasher-game-dead-daylight/

We are in a position where we’ve talked to a few license holders about a few possible licenses, and we’re open to it,” Cote told the site, when asked if other licensed characters would ever make their way into the game. “Our universe that we’ve created, the lore needs to lend itself some specific licenses joining us. Michael Myers fit well into our world. We didn’t have to bend rules to make him fit, and we could find a way to express what he stands for as a killer with game mechanics."

Anyone wanna take bets on what new beloved horror icon they'll fuck up next?

My moneys on Leatherface.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

they technially didnt fuck up micheal myers :/

granted hes the only good thing about the game....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the problem I see with things like this is that it turns into a smorgasbord of characters which takes away it's novelty. A lot of horror icons deserve their own games that revolve around them and when you build a game around one of these characters it makes for interesting mechanics to be introduced in the game. When you jam pack a game for the sake of it, it usually is a mess. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I am not a fan of DBD, I'm not trying to bash it or anything. It is what it is. It actually seems to be fun, for what it is.

However, what it is not is some sort of attention-to-detail horror simulator. The whole hanging on the rack thing and the generators is just a forced mechanic that doesn't exactly jive with what most popular horror icons are about. 

That being said, it fits, within the shallow limits of what that game is - just a bit of mindless, horror hunting video gaming fun, with whatever character they toss in there for no real reason.

 

And that is fine. Not my cup of tea, but it's fine.

It's similar, to me, as if Doom, or any FPS, multi-player PvP game would just have any and every movie, action, horror, sci-fi icons. It's not really about in-universe immersion. Just an instanced what if, perhaps.

Not sure any of my opinions on it are of interest to anyone else, but, hey, lol... there it is. :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Anyone wanna take bets on what new beloved horror icon they'll fuck up next?

My moneys on Leatherface.

Leatherface seems to be the obvious choice, especially with the hooks. To be honest though, he would just be a re-hash of the Hillbilly killer already in the game, complete with a hammer and a chainsaw. That being said, I honestly think he might fit in better in that world than Michael Myers. I enjoyed playing as/against Myers in that game, but the scope is so limited, I didn't think they did him justice.

 

2 hours ago, JPops said:

the problem I see with things like this is that it turns into a smorgasbord of characters which takes away it's novelty. A lot of horror icons deserve their own games that revolve around them and when you build a game around one of these characters it makes for interesting mechanics to be introduced in the game. When you jam pack a game for the sake of it, it usually is a mess. 

Exactly. Mortal Kombat could get away with it because it was a mindless arcade fighter. But for the sake of immersion, these characters deserve full titles devoted to them.

2 hours ago, Nomadder said:

While I am not a fan of DBD, I'm not trying to bash it or anything. It is what it is. It actually seems to be fun, for what it is.

However, what it is not is some sort of attention-to-detail horror simulator. The whole hanging on the rack thing and the generators is just a forced mechanic that doesn't exactly jive with what most popular horror icons are about. 

That being said, it fits, within the shallow limits of what that game is - just a bit of mindless, horror hunting video gaming fun, with whatever character they toss in there for no real reason.

 

And that is fine. Not my cup of tea, but it's fine.

It's similar, to me, as if Doom, or any FPS, multi-player PvP game would just have any and every movie, action, horror, sci-fi icons. It's not really about in-universe immersion. Just an instanced what if, perhaps.

Not sure any of my opinions on it are of interest to anyone else, but, hey, lol... there it is. :D 

DBD was a fun game for a while. I haven't played it since before they released the Doctor as a killer. Now they have a new killer called The Huntress. She seems interesting, but not interesting enough for me to start playing the game again, I don't believe. Also, the new survivor they added has the stupidest "perk" I have ever heard of. WIth the "No Mither" perk he plays the entire match injured. One hit, and he's on the ground. Granted, he can get himself up from the dying state without healing, but he is back in the same position. One hit, down. And if the killer has "Memento Mori", that's all she wrote. He/she will kill you on the spot, no hook required.

Dead By Daylight was fun for a while, but it just honestly got boring for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish Micheal Myers had his own game instead of being a guest character. I don't like how DbD is all about the chase and not about clever scare tactics which is how michael' hunts people down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I like Michael in DbD but he's one of the big three slasher icons. He deserves his own game.

I could see Chucky in DbD as it's all about sacrifices and has a very strong voodoo element underlying it and Child's Play has always had that element. The problem with Chucky however is he's so tiny that I don't know he'd be able to pick up the survivor players and take them to the hooks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd be happy to see Pinhead or Candyman. They're horror icons but likely never to get their own games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/17/2017 at 1:56 AM, bewareofbears said:

I'd be happy to see Pinhead or Candyman. They're horror icons but likely never to get their own games.

They had a Hellraiser game planned for the NES. I don't know how good it would have been, but it was in production at one time. Sadly, we will never know because the project was scrapped. I never heard about a Candyman video game, although that would be intriguing too. I would also like to see a Child's Play game, where you play as Chucky! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Rexfellis said:

They had a Hellraiser game planned for the NES. I don't know how good it would have been, but it was in production at one time. Sadly, we will never know because the project was scrapped. I never heard about a Candyman video game, although that would be intriguing too. I would also like to see a Child's Play game, where you play as Chucky! 

 

There's a Hellriaser game that was scrapped and became this game:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

There's a Hellriaser game that was scrapped and became this game:

 

Holy shit! (pun intended) That is the most terrifying horror game I have ever seen! Those goddamned (again, with the puns) ostriches are going to give me nightmares for weeks! I think I'm gonna find a private game of Ft13th and lone wolf Tiffany with the music off and no perks so I can calm down a little! :lol:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On August 8, 2017 at 11:22 PM, Nomadder said:

While I am not a fan of DBD, I'm not trying to bash it or anything. It is what it is. It actually seems to be fun, for what it is.

However, what it is not is some sort of attention-to-detail horror simulator. The whole hanging on the rack thing and the generators is just a forced mechanic that doesn't exactly jive with what most popular horror icons are about. 

That being said, it fits, within the shallow limits of what that game is - just a bit of mindless, horror hunting video gaming fun, with whatever character they toss in there for no real reason.

 

And that is fine. Not my cup of tea, but it's fine.

It's similar, to me, as if Doom, or any FPS, multi-player PvP game would just have any and every movie, action, horror, sci-fi icons. It's not really about in-universe immersion. Just an instanced what if, perhaps.

Not sure any of my opinions on it are of interest to anyone else, but, hey, lol... there it is. :D 

I find DBD to be more skill based, friday is luck based. U spawn next to 3 cabins with nothing useful and jason kills the other players quickly, ur done. Or u spawn and find the battery and gas within 2 minutes and someone has keys, u win

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 3:02 PM, lHeartBreakerl said:

http://bloody-disgusting.com/video-games/3451457/horror-icons-may-added-slasher-game-dead-daylight/

We are in a position where we’ve talked to a few license holders about a few possible licenses, and we’re open to it,” Cote told the site, when asked if other licensed characters would ever make their way into the game. “Our universe that we’ve created, the lore needs to lend itself some specific licenses joining us. Michael Myers fit well into our world. We didn’t have to bend rules to make him fit, and we could find a way to express what he stands for as a killer with game mechanics."

Anyone wanna take bets on what new beloved horror icon they'll fuck up next?

My moneys on Leatherface.

I wouldn't say they fucked up Michael, he's just limited due to the overall game being limited. I like DBD, don't get me wrong, and I have fun whenever I decide/feel like playing it but everyone who says a lot of these horror icons deserve their own game are right. That's why I'm so confident the Shape will end up getting his own F13th-esque game. Because there should be so much more you can do with him in terms of hunting down survivors. Just like survivors being chased by him should have more to do than just fixing up generators...it gets tedious after a while.

Leatherface is one character I actually feel would be right at home in DBD. He doesn't need his own game because, I mean, what the hell would you do in a TCM game? You're in the middle of nowhere so as a survivor you can't fix shit up & you can't call the cops so how would you escape? Plus I imagine playing as Leatherface would get boring after a short time if he had his own game. He's nowhere near as interesting as Jason, the Shape, Freddy, etc. Those are the guys that all need their own games.

Leatherface only deserves to be featured in other games because, quite honestly, he's not good enough for a solo game. He's basically Jason if Jason was a massive fuck up with no powers even though he came first.

I also kind of agree with putting Candyman in the game. He's not likely to get his own game so he could fit here too.

SN: What if it ends up being Chucky that makes it into the game? :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/8/2017 at 2:02 PM, lHeartBreakerl said:

Anyone wanna take bets on what new beloved horror icon they'll fuck up next?

My moneys on Leatherface.

Did I call it or what?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Did I call it or what?

You get one congratulatory circlejerk, you smug bastard. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm curious who else may show up. I wouldn't even rule out Jason considering Gun doesn't have exclusive rights to the character and Sean S. Cunningham is always up for a new revenue stream. Both Jason and Leatherface are in Mortal Kombat X so I think it's possible, just not probable.

Pinhead, Pumpkinhead, Pennywise, Candyman, Ghostface and so on... A lot of them would fit nicely. I wouldn't want to see Freddy though. He'd have to be a really dumbed-down version and that would be disappointing.

Looking forward to Leatherface. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

I'm curious who else may show up. I wouldn't even rule out Jason considering Gun doesn't have exclusive rights to the character and Sean S. Cunningham is always up for a new revenue stream. Both Jason and Leatherface are in Mortal Kombat X so I think it's possible, just not probable.

Already have a meme made if that happens. It's definitely not impossible.

54 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Pinhead, Pumpkinhead, Pennywise, Candyman, Ghostface and so on... A lot of them would fit nicely. I wouldn't want to see Freddy though. He'd have to be a really dumbed-down version and that would be disappointing.

I'd like them all. Especially pumpkin head and pennywise. There's a distinct lack of monsters and clowns.

55 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Looking forward to Leatherface. :)

Totally buying him.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Already have a meme made if that happens. It's definitely not impossible.

Flipping Heartbreaker has Batman prep over here. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently there was a leak and the next DLC killer will be "The Sandman". Lots of folks seem to think that means Freddy but my guess is it will be an original killer.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Apparently there was a leak and the next DLC killer will be "The Sandman". Lots of folks seem to think that means Freddy but my guess is it will be an original killer.

I'm sure it'll be an original. I doubt they'll add in another major horror IP right after leatherface.

Interesting leak though. I'm a fan of all of the killers designs in DbD and I look forward to more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

I'm sure it'll be an original. I doubt they'll add in another major horror IP right after leatherface.

Interesting leak though. I'm a fan of all of the killers designs in DbD and I look forward to more.

I was surprised how much I liked the killers in general though I've been surprised by how good the game is as a whole. Movie killers are nice but I think they don't need to rely on them. Half the people on this forum (or more) didn't even know who Jason is.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IHB i see your on these forums every time i visit them. What's your steam username? I don't play f13 that much but i'm huge with dbd.

Also yeah i agree the sandman won't be licensed. I prefer original ones anyway tbh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Lorn said:

IHB i see your on these forums every time i visit them. What's your steam username? I don't play f13 that much but i'm huge with dbd.

Also yeah i agree the sandman won't be licensed. I prefer original ones anyway tbh

If you have an Xbox,You can add me at lHeart Breakerl

You'll catch me on DbD occasionally but not as much as F13. Once leatherface comes to console though I'll switch, then probably switch back.

Note that the handles on the side of my GT are lower case L's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@bewareofbears I just bought leatherface. He's my new favorite killer.

Already level 15 and I'm loving how they implemented him. He definitely feels like he fits more in DbD than Michael.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×