36 minutes ago, 2fast4u said:

i gotta admit i did some messed up shit the other day but it was funny and the kid deserved it. So bascially me and two others spawn right near each other in south higgins haven near the car and with the 4 cabins. One of the other counselors was a kid and he sounded like a prick. he ended up getting keys and gas right off the bat. i got a battery and when towards him and he said ok lets get out of here. i decided to take the battery all the way north to the graveyard. he followed me trying to kill me. i dropped the battery off in from of pamela voorhees grave. this kid raged for the next 5 minutes. gas still in his hands lol. i probably deserved to be killed bit the kid was acting all high and mighty so he deserved it lol. well long story short jason killed him and he rage quit lol

The only person who comes off as a massive dick in this story is you.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

The only person who comes off as a massive dick in this story is you.

See you jump to conclusions. You are all butt hurt from other thread. You dont know what the other kid was saying and how he acted toward me and the other player. 

1 minute ago, 2fast4u said:

See you jump to conclusions. You are all butt hurt from other thread. You dont know what the other kid was saying and how he acted toward me and the other player. 

lol I didn't even realize who I was replying to. In hindsight, I'm not surprised.

Carry on.

Just now, AldermachXI said:

lol I didn't even realize who I was replying to. In hindsight, I'm not surprised.

Carry on.

yet again another cheap shot. carry on grasshopper carry on. like 2pac once said "i aint mad at ya".

1 minute ago, 2fast4u said:

yet again another cheap shot. carry on grasshopper carry on. like 2pac once said "i aint mad at ya".

Ok. Keep running batteries to the cemetery bruh.

5 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

pamela voorhees wouldnt have it any other way

1 minute ago, AldermachXI said:

You on PS4?

no. im on sega dreamcast bro

• Like 1

Just read an article that the next patch is going to tweak teamkilling - cars and traps will still kill you, but handheld weapons will not.  Patch is in response to all the trolls/griefers.

1 hour ago, AldermachXI said:

Why do they like the term kid so much? Is that the way of establishing dominance? 

Finally! I'm happy the devs are finally going ahead with disabling friendly fire, after many of us were suggesting it for months on end. We got there in the end. I think this will go a long way to improving online quick play. 

I also realise the impact of this change, and there are things that can be abused because of it just the same. But I think it's a great first step. Just have to see how things play out and what other changes will need to be made in addition to it. Can't fix everything in one swift move, but again this is a great start. 

I think ultimately the best way to play this game is finding like minded players and going with private matches. Trolls will be trolls, its just their nature. So they wont be able to team kill with most weapons... they will just continue to grief players other ways like taking car parts, fuses etc and running off to a remote location in the woods so that no one will be able to get that item required to escape. So while its commendable for them to take one means away from the trolls I doubt it will really curb the troll behavior in general. Between private matches and single player being released in the next couple I think that's the route I will be going.

I don't like that shooting Jason with the shotgun while he's holding someone entails no risk, anymore, but the rest of it seems okay to me.

People who are all, like, "but what about people refusing to drop items?" Well, what about them? If a person is determined to troll via an objectives item, they could have already been doing that. It's not like it's terribly hard to pick up a battery and run it 50 feet out into the woods and drop it. 

But, in my experience, trolls mostly troll by teamkilling. Anything else is usually too sophisticated a concept for their tiny little goblin brains.

EDITED TO ADD: And to all of you that took the time to message PoeticPoison22: Thank you all! You are just the awesomest people! Thank you for being kind to someone that got their feelings hurt, and thank you for proving this community isn't just bullies and misogynists. 

5 minutes ago, RKSDooM said:

I don't like that shooting Jason with the shotgun while he's holding someone entails no risk, anymore, but the rest of it seems okay to me.

People who are all, like, "but what about people refusing to drop items?" Well, what about them? If a person is determined to troll via an objectives item, they could have already been doing that. It's not like it's terribly hard to pick up a battery and run it 50 feet out into the woods and drop it. 

But, in my experience, trolls mostly troll by teamkilling. Anything else is usually too sophisticated a concept for their tiny little goblin brains.

That's my point, Trolls will be trolls, its an inevitability when it comes to any online game. I think team killing is the most prominent issue cause it takes the least amount of effort for them (EDIT - with the highest yield of gratification. being able to hear the anger of those they are team killing.). Without team killing likely they will go to the next easiest thing to do in order to grief others. If troll behavior is something that people want to avoid at all costs then private matches and single player are the way to go.

5 minutes ago, e.txcountryboy said:

I think ultimately the best way to play this game is finding like minded players and going with private matches. Trolls will be trolls, its just their nature. So they wont be able to team kill with most weapons... they will just continue to grief players other ways like taking car parts, fuses etc and running off to a remote location in the woods so that no one will be able to get that item required to escape. So while its commendable for them to take one means away from the trolls I doubt it will really curb the troll behavior in general. Between private matches and single player being released in the next couple I think that's the route I will be going.

I used to offer this advice as well, encouraging private matches with friends or even a mostly full lobby of friends in quick play, with a couple of spots for newcomers. It worked well for me...until my friends mostly stopped playing the game. Out of all the games I own, this is the one where I have gone above and beyond to find good, fun players to enjoy the game with. But I just keep going back to square one, because few people maintain interest in the game.

So my point is that, for many players including myself, we are always going to be dealing with quick play because relying  on private matches just isn't possible. That's why quick play needs to be as good as it possibly can be, so that you can just jump on and have some fun without worrying about putting up with bullshit. Single player will hopefully help with that, and at the very least it will be nice to be able to play Jason without waiting for hours on end at times. Very much looking forward to it.

1 minute ago, Tommy86 said:

I used to offer this advice as well, encouraging private matches with friends or even a mostly full lobby of friends in quick play, with a couple of spots for newcomers. It worked well for me...until my friends mostly stopped playing the game. Out of all the games I own, this is the one where I have gone above and beyond to find good, fun players to enjoy the game with. But I just keep going back to square one, because few people maintain interest in the game.

So my point is that, for many players including myself, we are always going to be dealing with quick play because relying  on private matches just isn't possible. That's why quick play needs to be as good as it possibly can be, so that you can just jump on and have some fun without worrying about putting up with bullshit. Single player will hopefully help with that, and at the very least it will be nice to be able to play Jason without waiting for hours on end at times. Very much looking forward to it.

I guess I lucked out with the group I found, most have stuck with the game from the beginning and those that do leave we have a few others that we switch in and switch out when they are available that fills any gaps. Though while it would be nice for public matches to be free of any and all troll behavior to me its an impossibility ultimately, it can and should be minimized, but it will always be there in some manner or another. When you get a game that has a ton of people playing you are gonna have a mix of people who want to play it legit and a few that will want to grief others for their entertainment, its just the way things are.

It is a bummer for those who have to rely on public matches, good news is that its still easy at least on PC (depending on the time of the day etc) to find other players that fit your playstyle whether you are in it for serious roleplaying or just want people you can have a laugh with in a goofy match and then friend them and go on from there with private matches or roll the dice with match making in public matches with them. I am glad that single player is coming out for an outlet with those who are genuinely turned off of public matches with a few trolls intermixed in some matches.

3 hours ago, 2fast4u said:

i gotta admit i did some messed up shit the other day but it was funny and the kid deserved it. So bascially me and two others spawn right near each other in south higgins haven near the car and with the 4 cabins. One of the other counselors was a kid and he sounded like a prick. he ended up getting keys and gas right off the bat. i got a battery and when towards him and he said ok lets get out of here. i decided to take the battery all the way north to the graveyard. he followed me trying to kill me. i dropped the battery off in from of pamela voorhees grave. this kid raged for the next 5 minutes. gas still in his hands lol. i probably deserved to be killed bit the kid was acting all high and mighty so he deserved it lol. well long story short jason killed him and he rage quit lol

I don't know what the kid did to make you respond like that, but joke would of been on you if jason's cabin had spawned on island and he knew about the second shotgun thats pretty close to the cemetery ;) lol

38 minutes ago, RKSDooM said:

EDITED TO ADD: And to all of you that took the time to message PoeticPoison22: Thank you all! You are just the awesomest people! Thank you for being kind to someone that got their feelings hurt, and thank you for proving this community isn't just bullies and misogynists. 

What happened to Poetic? I must have missed something. Haven't been in a game with her in a bit.

For new players:

It makes a lot of sense. Imagining just purchasing the game, getting into a game and then being tk'd shortly after the match starts. A portion of the existing playerbase, as evidenced by the player in the article in the OP, are bored with the game and are killing other counselors for fun. This allows new players to enter on an even playing field and I believe everyone's hope is that the playerbase will grow again at some point.

For existing players:

A lot of us are tired of it. As @Ban_All_Music has said several times, it doesn't reflect the films. For those bent on teamkilling, like @GrandMasterLynx always says: go to a private match.

About body blocking:

Body blocking doors will remain an issue. My suggestion would be to have counselors automatically dodge (where they jump backwards) when another player swings at them with a weapon. It would need to be tested though as ganging up on Jason could lead to players jumping back and leaving them open to a kill.

About players hoarding keys/gas/fuses/etc:

Not much can be done about that, I don't think. There is some precedent in the films where people take off with something that could've helped. The positive is this doesn't mean certain death, it means you'll have to work harder to survive. Teamkilling always means death.

16 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

What happened to Poetic? I must have missed something. Haven't been in a game with her in a bit.

Well, I tried to quote myself, but I am apparently too dumb to figure out how multi-quoting works.

Anyway, read my posts on page 2 of this thread for most of the sad story, then reread the post on mine you quoted for the happy ending :P

18 hours ago, RKSDooM said:

There was a guy that joined my regular group and teamkilled my friend, PoeticPoison22, an awesome player and an awesome driver, for not giving him the keys to the car so he could drive.

Oh yeah, and she happens to be a girl.

When the rest of our group teamed up to kill him for doing that, he rage quit, and apparently made some sort of reddit post or something to get people to come kill her, saying that we just defended her because she was female... and not, you know, because he had teamkilled her for utterly bullshit fucking reasons.

Now, every game, if we allow a random in (i.e. have an empty spot) they go after her and kill her. I have seen it with my own eyes over and over.

It's really, really gross, and just makes me not want to play with people at all. The misogyny in online gaming is fucking disgusting. That people would just read this guys post somewhere, and without knowing anything about the situation but what this lying pile of crap says, go online and hunt down a player, basically just because she's a girl... Ugh. Just fucking ick.

Seriously, some people in this world are just so goddamn disgusting that it makes me want to puke.

Sorry, I know that this isn't the most uplifting of messages. I'm just really, genuinely upset over how freaking awful people can be at the moment...

@RKSDooM There you go man.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RKSDooM said:

Well, I tried to quote myself, but I am apparently too dumb to figure out how multi-quoting works.

Anyway, read my posts on page 2 of this thread for most of the sad story, then reread the post on mine you quoted for the happy ending :P

WTF? Talk about a fucking douchebag. Poetic is super cool to play with. She's probably still salty about the time I sleeping bag killed her (the first only time I've got that one). I'll shoot her a message when I get on the Xbox again. Thanks for the heads up.

• Like 1

I am totally out of likes, but I owe both of you two guys above me one each!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RKSDooM said:

I'm glad some folks took the time to let her know not everyone is a douchebag. It's ridiculous people act that way in the first place and that people on Reddit would believe them. I'd have messaged her too but I'm on PS4. 

She replied to my message, glad I made her feel some better :) No excuses for people that do that kind of thing, even if they're being mislead by a friend their reaction is reprehensible.

• Like 1