1 minute ago, Caliph said:

For all we know it's complete bollocks and is a made up story by a person with an anti-teamkill agenda. Aside from that, who cares?

Doesn't sound too far fetched considering the team killers I've ended up having to deal with.

"Why are you team killing?

"Its fun bro. Just a game don't be so serious."

These trolls exist and I'm all for any anti team kill agenda.

Just now, thatdudescott said:

Doesn't sound too far fetched considering the team killers I've ended up having to deal with.

"Why are you team killing?

"Its fun bro. Just a game don't be so serious."

These trolls exist and I'm all for any anti team kill agenda.

For every 1 team-killer there are 99 that don't.

Team-killing is here to stay because without there are to many game breaking ways for trolls to ruin the game.

Just now, Caliph said:

For every 1 team-killer there are 99 that don't

*source/citation needed*

;)

*source/citation needed*

;)

Common sense. But you didn't provide a source either.

Just now, Caliph said:

Common sense. But you didn't provide a source either.

I never made up a statistic. 

;)

13 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

You take friendly fire away, expect a lot of the following

1. Hording objective items and preventing others from using them

2. Fake idling = Pretending not to be there, but moving just enough so they don't get kicked

3. Glitching with whatever glitches work

12 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

Believe me,they all,especially Dr. Crews and Vic,ran through my head. But none of that fits with the idea of a group of friends who are at the camp suddenly turning this into Battle Royale,trying to kill each other before Jason does.

I think the larger conversation is trolling, more than this specific game element. I'm not the kind of person who would dream up ways to run the game for others, but I'm sure that above list is not exhaustive.

I never made up a statistic. 

;)

You're being passive aggressive and i'm smart enough to know it. The team-killing is here to stay. Adapt.

Just now, Caliph said:

You're being passive aggressive and i'm smart enough to know it. The team-killing is here to stay. Adapt.

Dude,I was just playfully calling out the fact that you just pulled those numbers out of your butt by pulling a wikipedia *citation needed* on your "numbers."

Relax.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Caliph said:

The team-killing is here to stay. Adapt.

Adapt to trolls rather than fight them? I'd rather not give them the satisfaction.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

Dude,I was just playfully calling out the fact that you just pulled those numbers out of your butt by pulling a wikipedia *citation needed* on your "numbers."

Relax.

No you weren't. You clearly said that you were onboard with a anti-tk agenda and then when the idea was challenged you went into condescending smiley faces and asking for sources and citations. Now you're trying to make me seem unreasonable.

Team-killing is here to stay, it's necessary for the game.

5 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Adapt to trolls rather than fight them? I'd rather not give them the satisfaction.

That's an option too. But disconnect penalties are on the horizon.

3 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

Relax.

No you weren't. You clearly said  you were onboard with a anti-tk agenda and then when the idea was challenged you went into condescending smiley faces and asking for sources and citations. Now you're trying to make me seem unreasonable.

@Caliph, for what it's worth, I think @thatdudescott was going for cheeky/cute/friendly-ribbing rather than passive aggressiveness, but I understand how you could've interpreted it the way you did.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Caliph said:

No you weren't. You clearly said  you were onboard with a anti-tk agenda and then when the idea was challenged you went into condescending smiley faces and asking for sources and citations. Now you're trying to make me seem unreasonable.

First off,you completely dismissed the article and then asked who cares.

Obviously I care,along with the other posters.

Then,I said yes,I'm on board with anti team killing agendas...Sure why not. I think it ruins the game.

So you hit me with "For every 1 team-killer there are 99 that don't."

And as a joke,I asked for a citation. When people make up numbers on wikipedia,that's what is added. A citation is needed or else I can say "for every 2 puppies,a fish jumps out of the lake." Citations and sources are required or else someone is just making things up on the internet. So you got all bothered because I hit you with a "citation needed" and dragged this out wayyyyyyy further then need be.

You are doing a good enough job making yourself seem unreasonable.

7 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

First off,you completely dismissed the article and then asked who cares.

Obviously I care,along with the other posters.

Then,I said yes,I'm on board with anti team killing agendas...Sure why not. I think it ruins the game.

So you hit me with "For every 1 team-killer there are 99 that don't."

And as a joke,I asked for a citation. When people make up numbers on wikipedia,that's what is added. A citation is needed or else I can say "for every 2 puppies,a fish jumps out of the lake." Citations and sources are required or else someone is just making things up on the internet. Then you got all bothered because I asked for a source.

You are doing a good enough job making yourself seem unreasonable.

I did dismiss the article because it means nothing. Sure there are people who dislike team killers, hell, there are people who join pvp servers in pvp games and despise pvp.

It's also an unsubstantiated claim that as of yet I haven't encountered. I've had maybe 2 people try and kill me ever and they both were horrible.

I'm not being unreasonable.

I was just joking!

See how easy it is?

But we both know I wasn't joking.

I was just joking!

See how easy it is? But we both know I wasn't joking.

Ooookay...

Well now I know you are trolling but to end it and not get this topic shut down on such stupid bullshit here is a picture of  the hitchhiker eating a banana. 

banana4.jpg

You're being passive aggressive again. Stop trolling.

Thank you for proving my point. Have a good day sir.

17 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

Believe me,they all,especially Dr. Crews and Vic,ran through my head. But none of that fits with the idea of a group of friends who are at the camp suddenly turning this into Battle Royale,trying to kill each other before Jason does. The examples you pointed out do show that some bad characters exist in the F13th universe. But its nothing like if the councelors who were all friends before Jason showed up,suddenly decide to kill each other. Huge difference,IMO.

Who's to say any of them are actually friends? In the context of the game it could realistically be inferred that these are 7 people that just met each other that day and they happened to accept the same summer job for camp counselor. I'm just playing Devil's Advocate here. I personally have not run into a huge problem with team killing.  Of course it has happened a few times, sometimes accidentally, and sometimes obviously on purpose.

An option to toggle friendly fire on/off doesn't sound like too bad of an idea. I personally wouldn't join those lobbies. Not because I go out hunting other counselors, but because the risk of being shot when someone tries to save you from Jason or accidentally being run over when you are just trying to get in the car adds an extra sense of danger and excitement to the game for me, and has made for some memorable and humorous moments in matches.

Of course, I've run into that asshole that is looting a house with me, grabs the shotty and takes my head off with it. For those guys, as well as other shitty players who are just trying to ruin other people's fun, I think there should be a vote-kick system similar to Rainbow SIx. Somebody puts a name up for a player to be kicked, and states why. Then the rest of the people playing counselors vote whether to kick them or not. It seems like a fair system that might deter some of the assholes like this Solid_Snake7. If you get kicked out of enough games for being a douche, you might re-think your douchey behavior. Just a suggestion.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rexfellis said:

I personally have not run into a huge problem with team killing. 

I've had this game absolutely ruined for me on two separate occasions because of rampant team killing. I just kept getting matched up with the most toxic players ever,and it really "team-killed" my fun.

It's fine that a lot of players seem to enjoy the sense of danger that comes with being able to kill each other,on purpose or accident. It's just not something I personally understand or find joy in. A friendly fire toggle seems like the best compromise. No one would be forcing anyone to turn it on or off. Team killing stays,and the people who aren't fans of it no longer have to deal with it.

Win Win.

• Like 1

I haven't played in weeks because of team killing lol

Its impossible to escape Jason as it is without people trying to take you out for no reason. 

• Like 1

A toggle for friendly fire in private matches at this point is the best compromise at this point. Friendly fire should automatically be off for public matches but the hosts of private matches can make their own decisions on friendly fire being allowed or not.

Therefore everyone can be happy. I'm part of the anti-team killing coalition so as host I would have the toggle off. I have never gotten a sense of "thrill" from some asshole beaming me in the head with a pipe for shits and giggles, nor from some wannabe hunger games tribute shooting me down for my supplies. Team killing has never been "thrilling" or "fun" for me, and I don't want anyone trying to justify it to me personally.

But if you enjoy the "added suspense" of team killing, then that's on you and you would have the power to have that option on and dick around with your friends. 

Make friendly fire an option for private matches.

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Seeker said:

I haven't played in weeks because of team killing lol

Its impossible to escape Jason as it is without people trying to take you out for no reason. 

18 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Saw a bunch last night. Whole games of everyone attacking everyone...

:(

Yeahhhhhhhhhh,I don't find it fun or "thrilling."