Sign in to follow this  
wildthing73

I do have a question about the physical copy

I already have the digital version, and I plan on getting the physical version just to support Gun Media and Illfonic... but my question is once I've loaded the physical one in the PS4 and played on it, if I switch back and play the digital version, will the bloody Jason's and new counselor attires be available to play with on it?

I think you'll have to load the disc on the PS4 to get the bloody skin. However, I've read somewhere the bloody skin would be available for digital owners as well, but I'm not sure if that's true.

33 minutes ago, wildthing73 said:

I already have the digital version, and I plan on getting the physical version just to support Gun Media and Illfonic... but my question is once I've loaded the physical one in the PS4 and played on it, if I switch back and play the digital version, will the bloody Jason's and new counselor attires be available to play with on it?

The way DLC works is that it gets tied to accounts via a code. Once that code is accepted a download will occur, once that download completes you will have access to it whether or not you have a disc inserted as DLC is not tied to a disc. 

1 hour ago, JPops said:

The way DLC works is that it gets tied to accounts via a code. Once that code is accepted a download will occur, once that download completes you will have access to it whether or not you have a disc inserted as DLC is not tied to a disc. 

Cool, that's what I was hoping :)

Yeah, you likely won't ever have to use the disc. The bonus stuff will be codes and like everything else will simply tie to your account.

Hopefully they're taking into account that some digital players are planning on getting physical copies and will make sure there's a way to toggle between both bloody skins.

2 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

Yeah, you likely won't ever have to use the disc. The bonus stuff will be codes and like everything else will simply tie to your account.

Hopefully they're taking into account that some digital players are planning on getting physical copies and will make sure there's a way to toggle between both bloody skins.

I'm sure the devs have already confirmed this somewhere because people were asking if backers who have both copies get both skins and they said yes.

Actually this turned out to be inaccurate, I got my physical copy today... there was no code for the bloody Jason or the counselor skins in the case and once you've loaded the update for the physical you have to reequip your perks and kills. And the digital is unchanged afterwords, no bloody Jason or extra counselor's clothing on there.

2 minutes ago, wildthing73 said:

Actually this turned out to be inaccurate, I got my physical copy today... there was no code for the bloody Jason or the counselor skins in the case and once you've loaded the update for the physical you have to reequip your perks and kills. And the digital is unchanged afterwords, no bloody Jason or extra counselor's clothing on there.

I made a thread on this 

On 8/7/2017 at 4:43 AM, JPops said:

Lies. This man just wasted 40 bucks.

29 minutes ago, weirdkid5 said:

Lies. This man just wasted 40 bucks.

There should be an option to download the DLC. Once that is done the disc shouldn't be required. 

2 minutes ago, JPops said:

There should be an option to download the DLC. Once that is done the disc shouldn't be required. 

I have both digital and disc and it doesn't work I'm afraid, so anyone who wants these items will only be able to use them on the disc. 

1 minute ago, chooby87 said:

Wow so I have to load a disc up every time? Thanks Gun Media! Couldn't just use codes like normal company's?

Nope. They just wanted your money.

Why anyone expected them to do something meaningful is beyond me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chooby87 said:

Wow so I have to load a disc up every time? Thanks Gun Media! Couldn't just use codes like normal company's?

1 minute ago, weirdkid5 said:

You also can't join friends in games unless you remove the digital copy from your system in order to join friends. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, weirdkid5 said:

Sad because I have bought every dlc they dropped, digital copy and physical copy. While I love the game I wonder if Gun Media even thinks before they act. 

1 minute ago, Ghostboy20 said:

You also can't join friends in games unless you remove the digital copy from your system in order to join friends. 

Seriously?! This is just getting worse as it goes on.

Just now, chooby87 said:

Seriously?! This is just getting worse as it goes on.

Yeah, all the DLC you have will work with the disc copy but that's about it, it sucks you can't get the items off the disc and put them on the digital account. 

6 minutes ago, chooby87 said:

Sad because I have bought every dlc they dropped, digital copy and physical copy. While I love the game I wonder if Gun Media even thinks before they act. 

Maybe people should actually stop giving them money then? They won't change anything if people keep throwing cash at them. I think it's high time to strike the game.

57 minutes ago, JPops said:

Apparently I was wrong, sorry about that :/

For PS4 your wrong about but it looks like Xbox users can put the DLC items on their digital account. 

@GunMedia_Ben So is there gonna be a patch to fix this or was Xbox users not meant to access these items at all for digital? 

• Like 1

Where is my physical copy I ordered 12 months ago? I just had to go shell out another 40$ to buy another copy since I promised my kid one today and mine didn't show up!