Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I'm seeing a lot of speed-looting by counselors and I've used this strategy myself to mix results. I've gone back to barricading doors, etc.

Here's a tip on when to use speed-looting:

  • If you're playing with a group working as team, speed-looting is a workable strategy.
  • If you've entered a public lobby and you're not working as part of a team, speed-looting will get you and the other counselors killed. 

Speed-looting only works if you're playing with a group of like-minded players attempting to play the game "competitively". Otherwise, it only makes Jason's job easier.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What exactly is speed looting?  I usually play with randoms who make a group post.

Is that when you run into a cabin with 2 counselor's at a time, leaving the door wide open, search everything and take what you want, them bolt out of there and go to the next one?  All while never closing and barricading the doors?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, I ❤️ A.J. said:

What exactly is speed looting?  I usually play with randoms who make a group post.

Is that when you run into a cabin with 2 counselor's at a time, leaving the door wide open, search everything and take what you want, them bolt out of there and go to the next one?  All while never closing and barricading the doors?

AJ neither do I know what speed-looting is

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lone wolf playing is good with speedlooting at the start of the match, has always worked for me just have to keep in mind where your at,  close to a car?  Run away lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yes, it's running in to cabins and not securing them. 

I've been seeing this a lot lately in public lobbies and it drives me insane. what's most frustrating is that if you want to be competitive in those matches, you're almost forced to do it too. 

another thing I've been seeing a lot of lately is other players jumping in cabins behind me at the start to try and beat me to whatever is in there.

this stuff may help you out in the early game but it gets you killed later on.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jokesonu! said:

Lone wolf playing is good with speedlooting at the start of the match, has always worked for me just have to keep in mind where your at,  close to a car?  Run away lol

i don't agree, but even if i did, that play style can totally screw over everyone else and that's not really cool. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So how is it screwing over anyone?  Everyone is trying to get what they can to survive and get out,  it's plenty fair cause they can always pick up what you drop or have dropped when your killed,  that's nonsense,  going lone wolf sure.  But looting in general no. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People do the same to me too sometimes,  either help them out or do your own thing,  it's not set in stone who is allotted items or what is his or hers. It's a game to play however you choose. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jokesonu! said:

So how is it screwing over anyone?  Everyone is trying to get what they can to survive and get out,  it's plenty fair cause they can always pick up what you drop or have dropped when your killed,  that's nonsense,  going lone wolf sure.  But looting in general no. 

if you're running in to cabins and leaving doors wide open so you can hit up one of two more than everyone else, you're forcing other councilors to secure them. it's one thing if it's a 1-door cabin but leaving 1 door open on a 2-door cabin gets people killed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's good if you're good. In the early game before Jason powers up, locked doors are like a big neon "PEOPLE HERE" sign, so I won't use them. That said, open doors usually say "someone's nearby", so that's good to know too. 

Whoever is speed looting is probably the one who didn't check behind the desk for gas, or on that towel shelf for the prop, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree, I go thru windows. Smarter play style and more considerate I guess but not everyone will go that route tho. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Jokesonu! said:

So how is it screwing over anyone?  Everyone is trying to get what they can to survive and get out,  it's plenty fair cause they can always pick up what you drop or have dropped when your killed,  that's nonsense,  going lone wolf sure.  But looting in general no. 

 

6 minutes ago, matisangry said:

if you're running in to cabins and leaving doors wide open so you can hit up one of two more than everyone else, you're forcing other councilors to secure them. it's one thing if it's a 1-door cabin but leaving 1 door open on a 2-door cabin gets people killed.

Not to mention speed looting creates hoarders. A few counselors will hoard all the items(pocket knives, first aid sprays etc.)  and leave nothing for everyone else to defend themselves with.  I was in a match last night where after I was dead, I witnessed a player create a little hoard stash of first aid sprays, pocket knives and baseball bats in a cabin which allowed him to survive as Vanessa  for the 20 minutes kiting Jason while everyone else died fairly quickly because they didn't have anything.  It was extremely selfish, but of course players like @Rydog and @Pappus would consider that a pro strategy. :rolleyes:

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, SDA said:

It's good if you're good. In the early game before Jason powers up, locked doors are like a big neon "PEOPLE HERE" sign, so I won't use them. That said, open doors usually say "someone's nearby", so that's good to know too. 

Whoever is speed looting is probably the one who didn't check behind the desk for gas, or on that towel shelf for the prop, though.

that is something i noticed as well - speed looters aren't usually interested in objectives. they're more interested in hoarding pocket knives and fire crackers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This got me killed just yesterday.  Was running away from Jason, jumped in a window, saw the door wasn't barricaded, went to barricade it, Jason opened the door and grabbed me.  I was pretty mad because the whole cabin was looted.  Takes 2 seconds to barricade the door and that's 2 seconds that could have saved my life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vaderspupil said:

 

Not to mention speed looting creates hoarders. A few counselors will hoard all the items(pocket knives, first aid sprays etc.)  and leave nothing for everyone else to defend themselves with.  I was in a match last night where after I was dead, I witnessed a player create a little hoard stash of first aid sprays, pocket knives and baseball bats in a cabin which allowed him to survive as Vanessa  for the 20 minutes kiting Jason while everyone else died fairly quickly because they didn't have anything.  It was extremely selfish, but of course players like @Rydog and @Pappus would consider that a pro strategy. :rolleyes:

lol saw Pappus streaming yesterday. It was...uhh...interesting.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, I ❤️ A.J. said:

What exactly is speed looting?  I usually play with randoms who make a group post.

Is that when you run into a cabin with 2 counselor's at a time, leaving the door wide open, search everything and take what you want, them bolt out of there and go to the next one?  All while never closing and barricading the doors?

 

4 hours ago, Moe9999633 said:

AJ neither do I know what speed-looting is

As others mentioned, it's basically full-on running from cabin to cabin, grabbing what you can and not closing or barricading as you go.

4 hours ago, Jokesonu! said:

Lone wolf playing is good with speedlooting at the start of the match, has always worked for me just have to keep in mind where your at,  close to a car?  Run away lol

I've had success with it but I've also died because of it. I feel it's dependent on a team's style of play and if there's no team, there's no style of play.

2 hours ago, Jokesonu! said:

People do the same to me too sometimes,  either help them out or do your own thing,  it's not set in stone who is allotted items or what is his or hers. It's a game to play however you choose. 

I'm not suggesting you don't do it. I'm saying the results are mixed without a team of like-minded players. Play how you want- it's just a tip. ;)

2 hours ago, Vaderspupil said:

 

Not to mention speed looting creates hoarders. A few counselors will hoard all the items(pocket knives, first aid sprays etc.)  and leave nothing for everyone else to defend themselves with.  I was in a match last night where after I was dead, I witnessed a player create a little hoard stash of first aid sprays, pocket knives and baseball bats in a cabin which allowed him to survive as Vanessa  for the 20 minutes kiting Jason while everyone else died fairly quickly because they didn't have anything.  It was extremely selfish, but of course players like @Rydog and @Pappus would consider that a pro strategy. :rolleyes:

Really good point about the hoarders.

32 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

lol saw Pappus streaming yesterday. It was...uhh...interesting.

I don't doubt it. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't done the speed-looting thing since the Beta. I just didn't know how to play, and I was almost always in random lobbies with people I didn't know. I'm lucky enough now to have a few friends that I play with regularly who want to work towards the objectives. Of course, there are times that I'm forced to join random lobbies, with mixed results. Friday the 13th is like Forrest Gump's chocolates. ?

I personally think that while speed-looting may get you a few items in the beginning, it hurts everyone in the long run. As for the hoarders, I rank them right up there with the trolls and people that kill other counselors for no other reason than they think it's funny. Unfortunately, asshats like that are just a part of online multiplayer gaming. Friday the 13th is not special in that regard.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

 

As others mentioned, it's basically full-on running from cabin to cabin, grabbing what you can and not closing or barricading as you go.

That's what I figured and yes I have seen a lot more of that recently.  I'm not sure how I feel about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AldermachXI said:

lol saw Pappus streaming yesterday. It was...uhh...interesting.

Can you expand on this?  I've heard of some of his strategies.  I've seen a lot of people on here disagree with him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As @bewareofbears mentioned, if you play with like-minded players and your usual group, you can cover all 4 cabins near the car, boat, phone house quickly and maybe get out in the first few minutes. I like speed looting right away, in the right group of players. 

However most players miss important items when they do it and only look for better weapons and drawer searches instead of the objectives you actually need, so it ends up being you that dies while they have two pocket knives, a bat, and crackers so they live for an extra 5 minutes but typically die just as well. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

As @bewareofbears mentioned, if you play with like-minded players and your usual group, you can cover all 4 cabins near the car, boat, phone house quickly and maybe get out in the first few minutes. I like speed looting right away, in the right group of players. 

However most players miss important items when they do it and only look for better weapons and drawer searches instead of the objectives you actually need, so it ends up being you that dies while they have two pocket knives, a bat, and crackers so they live for an extra 5 minutes but typically die just as well. 

Yes I can see it working both ways.  I don't have a core group of players I run with.  It's usually me looking for a group post and joining a private game, so I'm the odd one out.

I think most people speed run these days, and I have seen stuff getting completely fixed, like the car or the phone, right away.  Sometimes within the first 2 minutes.  But because I'm a random, I never know what strategy they run.  All I know is they pick me up in the car and I escape.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you in a lobby with speed looters? When your Jason turn comes up go on a speed-kill run. It seems like the best counter strategy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, I ❤️ A.J. said:

Yes I can see it working both ways.  I don't have a core group of players I run with.  It's usually me looking for a group post and joining a private game, so I'm the odd one out.

I think most people speed run these days, and I have seen stuff getting completely fixed, like the car or the phone, right away.  Sometimes within the first 2 minutes.  But because I'm a random, I never know what strategy they run.  All I know is they pick me up in the car and I escape.

What system do you play on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rexfellis said:

Friday the 13th is like Forrest Gump's chocolates.

Those chocolates will give you a bad case of the runs :D

9 minutes ago, TheReaper666 said:

I barricade every cabin I go in, then leave through the windows.

I do that quite often myself.

5 hours ago, SDA said:

Whoever is speed looting is probably the one who didn't check behind the desk for gas, or on that towel shelf for the prop, though.

You'd be surprised how often that happens...

6 hours ago, Jokesonu! said:

Everyone is trying to get what they can to survive and get out

Always priority one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...