Sign in to follow this  
Switters

Implement. Host. Migration.

My patience is at an end. Beyond the fact that the majority of matchmaking ends with "Connection to host lost!" more than half of all games I get to play as Jason end in the host rage-quitting and about the same for counselor matches, as soon as the host dies, they rage-quit. And this has become even worse with the influx of new players. If Gun or Illfonics is unwilling or unable to rectify this in an upcoming patch I plan on filing a dispute with my credit card company, and not just for the game, but the $220 worth I spent on Backerkit for items I've yet to receive, and I would suggest others do the same. The game is broken. If it can't be fixed, I'm not paying for it.

And I don't want to hear "Host your own lobby, then!", that is NOT the answer. If a person wants to play a round as Jason in their OWN LOBBY you're waiting a dozen matches minimum, considering the "random" choosing of Jason favors only those joining the lobby LAST.

• Like 1

The longer this game goes without some kind of patch, the longer I'm not playing it.

I hear you

The other day I had a host rage quit when I caught him in the last 2 minutes of a game, so everyone who was patently spectating for almost 20 minutes where robbed of their points.

They have to get host migration, and when a poor sport loser rages quites mid kill it should count as a kill the second a kill animation starts.

very frustrating and is already turning lots of people away from the game.

Whelp, there you go, first game today, kill 5/6, on the last one and "Connection to host lost". Funny, all our pings were under 100 the whole game. Either server failure or host turned off their PS4/yanked their ethernet cord.

Yeah, about a third of QP matches are "host died midway through, quit, host let the 4 seater go as Jason, quit, host helps his friend's Jason, gets TK'ed, quit". It's a bit ridiculous.

Yeah the amount of time it takes to get into a match is a lot sometimes by the this happens we can lose a good 30 minutes of our life we will never get back. I understand how Host migration might be tricky if it happens when a Jason disconnects but we would take any type of fix for this time lost. Have an AI take over for Jason, have someone migrate to be a Jason player and have the Jason that quit or D/C points migrate as well to the new player. Or at the very least calculate the points even after host leaves and shuts down the game.

11 hours ago, switchblade1982 said:

Yeah the amount of time it takes to get into a match is a lot sometimes by the this happens we can lose a good 30 minutes of our life we will never get back. I understand how Host migration might be tricky if it happens when a Jason disconnects but we would take any type of fix for this time lost. Have an AI take over for Jason, have someone migrate to be a Jason player and have the Jason that quit or D/C points migrate as well to the new player. Or at the very least calculate the points even after host leaves and shuts down the game.

Lobby host should automatically switch to whoever is playing as Jason. People playing as Jason rarely quit compared to counselors, and if Jason does quit? Same as now, everyone survives the night, gets their XP, and hosting gets switched to whoever's in line to play Jason next.