Sign in to follow this  
final_guy

Fixed Camera?

Sorry for the noob-level of this question.  Is there a way to keep your camera fixed so it always aligns with the direction your counselor is facing?  It's getting pretty annoying to be zig-zagging frantically away from Jason only to have the camera remaining focused on my side while I can barely see in front of me.  I haven't quite mastered the whole running while changing camera angles thing.

46 minutes ago, final_guy said:

Sorry for the noob-level of this question.  Is there a way to keep your camera fixed so it always aligns with the direction your counselor is facing?  It's getting pretty annoying to be zig-zagging frantically away from Jason only to have the camera remaining focused on my side while I can barely see in front of me.  I haven't quite mastered the whole running while changing camera angles thing.

Everyone is a noob at some point.

If I remember right (and I might not), the left analogy stick controls the direction you move in and the right analog stick controls the camera. On PC, I assume you control your movement with the keyboard and the camera with the mouse. Hope this helps.

If I'm wrong, someone feel free to correct me.

10 hours ago, final_guy said:

Barely seeing in front of you is intentional- if Jason is near and not shifting, then your fear level is high.  If he shifting right on top of you, regardless of fear level, the camera will zoom in and your peripheral vision will be reduced.  There are no camera options to lock our view.

as mentioned, no way to fix it, nor do you really want to once you start getting better at this game. it is very important to use those camera moves to peer around corners to see jason/counselors and not let them see you.

so i will give you the mantra of the tae kwon do school i am part of: practice, practice, practice :)  you will get better at it. i used to be terrible at it and avoided modern gaming for a long time based on it.

I wouldn't be fond of a fixed camera.  That would make me far less aware of what's going in around me.  Maybe have the option to turn it on or off?