Sign in to follow this  
ZooMalfunction

Game now kicking for inactivity - PS4

We had a teamkiller in the lobby so stopped to type a message as Jason to warn the Tommy, and when I came back the game ticker (that tracks people joining and leaving the game) announced i'd be kicked for inactivity in 60 seconds.

Personally, I think this is awesome. We had an AFK player last night that wasn't kicked, so this seems new today.

And no, it isn't unfair to closer hiders. As much as I hate the strategy (for being boring and almost never working) it is valid, and this only punishes those who just hide and go watch TV or something. If you are attentive and occasionally wiggle the look stick (as you should anyway), you should be fine.

If we're to be bored shitless by looking at the inside of a closet in spectator mode for 5 minutes at a time, you should have to suffer the same fate.

Great addition to the game! Nothing worse when there's 5-10 minutes left and you are spectating someone who isn't playing. This will definately increase the experience :)!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ZooMalfunction said:

We had a teamkiller in the lobby so stopped to type a message as Jason to warn the Tommy, and when I came back the game ticker (that tracks people joining and leaving the game) announced i'd be kicked for inactivity in 60 seconds.

Personally, I think this is awesome. We had an AFK player last night that wasn't kicked, so this seems new today.

And no, it isn't unfair to closer hiders. As much as I hate the strategy (for being boring and almost never working) it is valid, and this only punishes those who just hide and go watch TV or something. If you are attentive and occasionally wiggle the look stick (as you should anyway), you should be fine.

If we're to be bored shitless by looking at the inside of a closet in spectator mode for 5 minutes at a time, you should have to suffer the same fate.

I just leave a TV remote pressed against the analog sticks. ;)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

I just leave a TV remote pressed against the analog sticks. ;)

"Feel the rush of evading Jason, while you do something else, and your TV remote 'plays' the game for you." ;)

1 minute ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

"Feel the rush of evading Jason, while you do something else, and your TV remote 'plays' the game for you." ;)

You get booted if you don't touch your controller while spectating.

"Feel the rush of watching idiots hiding in tents for fifteen minutes just to be killed in the final two minutes." ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bewareofbears said:

You get booted if you don't touch your controller while spectating.

"Feel the rush of watching idiots hiding in tents for fifteen minutes just to be killed in the final two minutes." ;)

You don't get kicked from spectator mode. That'd be ludicrous.

If you died in the first three minutes, to a Jason that takes another 17 to check a tent, then i'd question who the idiot in the match was.

55 minutes ago, ZooMalfunction said:

You don't get kicked from spectator mode. That'd be ludicrous.

If you died in the first three minutes, to a Jason that takes another 17 to check a tent, then i'd question who the idiot in the match was.

I have been in the past. It's entirely possible it was just connection errors. I'll give it a try and see.

Edit:

Looks like you're right. I'm wondering if it did previous to a patch and that's why it's in my head.

i saw this today when i had a teamkiller trapped in a closet. i had to move every couple of minutes to keep from getting booted.