@GunMedia_Ben @wes @Randygbk

We had this problem with the original clothing pack for backers. Calling new skins for existing clothes new "outfits" is very misleading. Instead, just call them what they are. Skins.

I thought this would have been obvious, but the new skins for the physical version have the same label.

8vhCm4.png

Unless these are completely new outfits, and not re-skins of existing clothes, please don't refer to them as such.

A simple rewording could save a lot of confusion and backlash. Especially if you intend on making new clothing (skins) as paid DLC.

For those of you interested, here's the original CCP thread. The fun starts at page 16. But, again, a simple rewording on exactly what the item is can save some headaches down the line.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

@GunMedia_Ben @wes @Randygbk

We had this problem with the original clothing pack for backers. Calling new skins for existing clothes new "outfits" is very misleading. Instead, just call them what they are. Skins.

I thought this would have been obvious, but the new skins for the physical version have the same label.

8vhCm4.png

Unless these are completely new outfits, and not re-skins of existing clothes, please don't refer to them as such.

A simple rewording could save a lot of confusion and backlash. Especially if you intend on making new clothing (skins) as paid DLC.

For those of you interested, here's the original CCP thread. The fun starts at page 16. But, again, a simple rewording on exactly what the item is can save some headaches down the line.

Agreed. This is also came up with the Savini model being labelled a skin and folks complaining because it's not a skin and is actually a new character model. They need to speak clearly and concisely. Folks are misinterpreting and/or being misled.

• Like 1

I hope they are some awful reskins. I don't really care about the clothes because they are just unless extras but if they drop some awesome new cat shirt or some camouflage I'll be annoyed. 

I would only really be interested in clothing if they attributed stats to them. Would be an incentive to unlock them as it is now I'm playing to unlock 50 shades of khaki. 

Skins / Outfits are the same thing. You are kind of splitting hairs between the two in my opinion. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JPops said:

Skins / Outfits are the same thing. You are kind of splitting hairs between the two in my opinion. 

Ehhhhhhh..

When I hear/read new outfits,I think "okay Chad will have a polo shirt and shorts."

When I hear/read new skins,I think "okay Chad will have the same default look with a different color/pattern."

• Like 7

On 8/4/2017 at 11:51 AM, thatdudescott said:

Ehhhhhhh..

When I hear/read new outfits,I think "okay Chad will have a polo shirt and shorts."

When I hear/read new skins,I think "okay Chad will have the same default look with a different color/pattern."

I agree with you here. I think there is a distinct difference between skins and outfits.

But according to the developers, a new skin is related to a reskin for Jason and a new outfit is related to the counselors getting new clothing designs (not new clothes to change their model like everyone wants). In the retro update, the video claimed that each counselor would get 2 new "outfits," hence why there isn't a distinct difference like we would want. 

I wonder how many recolours they can really do. I guess a lot, but it's a little pathetic calling them "new outfits".

How come all of the female counselors can wear Pamela's sweater but they can't figure out how to put different types of clothes on them?

1 minute ago, bewareofbears said:

I wonder how many recolours they can really do. I guess a lot, but it's a little pathetic calling them "new outfits".

How would they even go back from it? If they added in new actual "outfits" would we expect to see 30 different reskins of those outfits as well?

Would be a very cluttered customization menu of the exact same clothing with different skins.

2 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

How would they even go back from it? If they added in new actual "outfits" would we expect to see 30 different reskins of those outfits as well?

Would be a very cluttered customization menu of the exact same clothing with different skins.

Shit, I didn't even think about them just recolouring new clothing types. :( I hope not.

Wait what the hell? Exclusive content for people who buy a physical copy??? Way to fuck over the people who have gone through the pain of glitches, bugs and crashes for months after they bought such an pricey game.

If that's the way it is then people who buy the physical copy shouldn't get the retro Jason + counselor skin pack.

It would only seem fair. Unless a more logical option would be that physical copy buyers get the DLC free and digital downloaders have to pay for it.

Skin = textures, is what covers a mesh

Clothing = meshes, 3d model that is covered by a texture

A game developer should already know this and should not need to be tought that, yet here they are arguing about it and calling it splitting the hairs.  The sad thing about it is that there are many people out there with a pirated copies of Maya/3D Studio who know about 3D terms and know exactly what they are talking about poligons, vertex, nurbs and textures.  I'll be really exited to see new counselor outfits, not just some skins with random patterns and colors.

2 hours ago, MidnightCallerXx said:

Wait what the hell? Exclusive content for people who buy a physical copy??? Way to fuck over the people who have gone through the pain of glitches, bugs and crashes for months after they bought such an pricey game.

If that's the way it is then people who buy the physical copy shouldn't get the retro Jason + counselor skin pack.

It would only seem fair. Unless a more logical option would be that physical copy buyers get the DLC free and digital downloaders have to pay for it.

Digital owners get a bloody Jason skin of their own at "a later date". I still think it's BS but oh well.

7 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Digital owners get a bloody Jason skin of their own at "a later date". I still think it's BS but oh well.

What about the counselor clothing? I never play as Jason.

7 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

It is bs because they will get the dlc we get also. So they buy the game at the same or cheaper price and get to play a more stabilized game with more content.  While those who pre-ordered or bought around launch have suffered through the world's shittiest launch and get to watch newcomers come in with extras for buying late. 

Even with physical pre-orders getting the content it's still bs because it was never mentioned in the past. It's just kinda shitty for digital owners. And do PCs even sell discs anymore? It just seems like preferential treatment for hard copy owners. 

32 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

It is bs because they will get the dlc we get also. So they buy the game at the same or cheaper price and get to play a more stabilized game with more content.  While those who pre-ordered or bought around launch have suffered through the world's shittiest launch and get to watch newcomers come in with extras for buying late. 

Even with physical pre-orders getting the content it's still bs because it was never mentioned in the past. It's just kinda shitty for digital owners. And do PCs even sell discs anymore? It just seems like preferential treatment for hard copy owners. 

Lots of folks upset about paying $60 while new people pay $40. The whole physical release seems poorly managed.

1 hour ago, MidnightCallerXx said:

What about the counselor clothing? I never play as Jason.

Counselor clothes are strictly physical which blows. Also to clarify, that specific bloody skin is also for physical. Digital owners get a different bloody skin. 

18 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Lots of folks upset about paying $60 while new people pay $40. The whole physical release seems poorly managed.

Honestly, that's kind of a petty complaint.  Think about what they got at the kickstarter teir, it is plenty well balanced for price. 2 copies of game alone is enough. Because didnt all physical backers get a free digital? Backerkit paid $60 but also got a digital right? So, they get 2 copies plus shipping that seems reasonable. 

Pledge $75 or more

PHYSICAL GAME EDITION

* Physical game with Kickstarter Exclusive cover art on either PC, Xbox One, or PS4 
* Digital Art Book featuring concept art from the game's creators 
* Exclusive Beta Access on PC 
* In-Game credit under "Special Thanks" 
* Digital Wallpaper Pack 1 & 2 
* Our eternal gratitude & a heartfelt "Thank You..."

11 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

Honestly, that's kind of a petty complaint.  Think about what they got at the kickstarter teir, it is plenty well balanced for price. 2 copies of game alone is enough. Because didnt all physical backers get a free digital? Backerkit paid $60 but also got a digital right? So, they get 2 copies plus shipping that seems reasonable. 

Pledge $75 or more

PHYSICAL GAME EDITION

* Physical game with Kickstarter Exclusive cover art on either PC, Xbox One, or PS4 
* Digital Art Book featuring concept art from the game's creators 
* Exclusive Beta Access on PC 
* In-Game credit under "Special Thanks" 
* Digital Wallpaper Pack 1 & 2 
* Our eternal gratitude & a heartfelt "Thank You..."

I can't remember if Backerkit had any perks. I'm too tired to look it up but I think it was $60 for a physical pre-order.

I didn't order the physical edition so I'm not particularly bothered. Lots of folks seem to be though. I think it has to do with the "exclusives".

5 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

I can't remember if Backerkit had any perks. I'm too tired to look it up but I think it was $60 for a physical pre-order.

I didn't order the physical edition so I'm not particularly bothered. Lots of folks seem to be though. I think it has to do with the "exclusives".

Yeah, I think the backerkit was just 1 physical copy and 1 digital copy because it wasn't going to ship at launch. So that's 2copies for $60. So they shouldnt be complaining about price really. But there was no mention of exclusives for physical copies and people don't want to fork over more money for another copy of the game they already bought.

Plus I believe it leaves PC out altogether. I don't see hard copies for PC for sale on Amazon atleast, only the pre-order copies from kickstarter and backerkit. The way it is now PC physical backers are the only ones with exclusive content, atleast to their platform. 

Just seems that Gun is making one poor decision after another. Be it with exclusive content or handling of gameplay tweaks to deal with trolls. 

I bought the physical version, and I wanted to donate money to get this game made, so I don't mind if someone gets it for cheaper.

I believe Gun did try to make it up to us with all the glitches by giving us Retro Jason, new reskins, and 13000 CP.

People who buy the physical version probably won't get Retro Jason or the councilor reskins.

2 minutes ago, dandop1984 said:

People who buy the physical version probably won't get Retro Jason or the councilor reskins.

They will. Anyone who gets the game can get those items.

2 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

They will. Anyone who gets the game can get those items.

Okay cool.

digital backers are still getting a bloody jason Skin, so I guess that's fair.

I wonder if we will get the new councilor reskins?

2 minutes ago, dandop1984 said:

Okay cool.

digital backers are still getting a bloody jason Skin, so I guess that's fair.

I wonder if we will get the new councilor reskins?

I don't think that we will get the extra reskins.

I'll buy an extra physical for the code and just sell the copy to try and split the difference. I hate my self for wanting all the cosmetics, but it is what it is I guess.

That's a good idea. I'd do the same, but I originally backed the physical version.

I won't be surprised if they do release the new councilor clothes to Digital. They may just be timed exclusives?