Jump to content
Deeify

What kind of Jason are you? Mic vs No mic?

What kind if Jason are you? Mic vs no Mic?  

60 members have voted

  1. 1. Do you mute yourself as Jason or try to verbally intimidate?

    • Silent but Deadly
      54
    • I Will Talk You Into Your Grave!
      6


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, rickyount02 said:

I think that's a little shady yes?

I see your point. It's a little shady. It's almost like being in a constant party chat but in game (and it's still proximity). 

But it's kind of no different from just outright muting Jason. If you mute Jason, it works both ways. He can't hear you and you can't hear him. So it's more or less the same.

I guess as long as the intentions are good, i don't see a problem with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

I see your point. It's a little shady. It's almost like being in a constant party chat but in game (and it's still proximity). 

But it's kind of no different from just outright muting Jason. If you mute Jason, it works both ways. He can't hear you and you can't hear him. So it's more or less the same.

I guess as long as the intentions are good, i don't see a problem with it.

I did not know that if you mute Jason he also can not hear you. I'm sure it's the same if you mute the counselors as well? 

If that's the case, the game allows for it, I retract my comment.

I just didn't like the fact that you can pick and choose who you want to hear you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, rickyount02 said:

I did not know that if you mute Jason he also can not hear you. I'm sure it's the same if you mute the counselors as well? 

If that's the case, the game allows for it, I retract my comment.

Yep it works for either side. And that goes for every game as well. 

1 minute ago, rickyount02 said:

I just didn't like the fact that you can pick and choose who you want to hear you. 

I'd imagine in the wrong hands they could find someway to make it exploitable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

True. But at the same time, I like having that choice. Allows you to limit interactions with unsavory individuals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me it depends on what sort of group I am with. lately in public matches I stay silent to keep the overall creepy vibe. With my friends in private matches though we have played enough matches to lose the creepy dread so all we do is goof off and come up with off the wall voices for the character so I typically do use the mic when I am Jason in those situations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also mute my mic when I'm Jason. I, like others here, feel that it's better with a silent Jason for that true F13 feel. That's not to say I always hate talking Jasons, but a lot of the time they are more annoying than anything else.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rickyount02 said:

I did not know that if you mute Jason he also can not hear you. I'm sure it's the same if you mute the counselors as well? 

If that's the case, the game allows for it, I retract my comment.

I just didn't like the fact that you can pick and choose who you want to hear you. 

Is that confirmed?  If you mute Jason, he can't hear you either?  If that's the case, I didn't know that either.

Does that do the same thing for muting other councilors?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you use the in-game mute, that person can not hear you nor can you hear them.

 

On the subject of the original post, I don't talk as Jason except if I feel them doing something needs a 'nice shot' or something, as I'm usually a pretty good sport when I'm playing a game of any kind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only time I actually liked when Jason talked is when I was hurt, out of stamina, and 100% fear level.  He asked what kill I wanted.  I said, "Eh, the one where you slowly slide my head into the spear".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Yocum1976 said:

If you use the in-game mute, that person can not hear you nor can you hear them.

Are you positive about this? I muted someone due to the fact the were blasting music over the mic. In a later match I had the propeller and also found the gas. The happened to be the nearest counselor and I asked them to follow me and grab the gas. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm generally silent. I will talk with friends sometimes.

1 hour ago, Yocum1976 said:

If you use the in-game mute, that person can not hear you nor can you hear them.

Muting a player in game just mutes their voice for you. They can still hear you unless they mute you too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like talking when I'm Jason. It's funny tricking people into thinking I'm a camper when they aren't paying attention. Had a match where a kid thought I was a camper and killed him. He was crying xD So I enjoying talking while playing as Jason. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im usually quiet except for the occasional maniacal laugh. And i sometime throw in a "Rest in Peace" while executing. But other then that, as silent as the grave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, rickyount02 said:

This may be my most used phrase in the game, "do what you gotta do". 

Wouldn't this be considered cheating?

Interesting why?

Xbox give u options to use how u wanna play.

Example of this feature: i dont need anymore EVERY MATCH mute EVERYBODY in lobby in ANY game so I dont hear they trashtalk/moan/cry/music/bad words etc. ANYMORE. If i play with friends and use mic/headset only they can hear me and I can hear them.

But if they also mute personally me or I mute them...its also no noise.

This feature its like automatic MUTE for everybody. I see u dont have this feature on sony or u just not look close two device what u have, so i tell u more, u can manage not only for friends, u can put settings mute all everybody and u friends.

 

This feature on xbox live service from the beginning almost, on xbox 360 i this from 2005 i think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

I see your point. It's a little shady. It's almost like being in a constant party chat but in game (and it's still proximity). 

But it's kind of no different from just outright muting Jason. If you mute Jason, it works both ways. He can't hear you and you can't hear him. So it's more or less the same.

I guess as long as the intentions are good, i don't see a problem with it.

You can use that to your advantage as a counselor.  Then you can talk freely about strategy and Jason wouldn't know a thing. If all the counselor's did it, they can freely gameplan out loud while next to Jason and he wouldn't know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll talk as Jason.  I usually babble and say a bunch of gibberish.  Mainly creepy, grunting noises (almost sexual in nature).  Players tend to get a kick out of it.

Sometimes players would even recommend the host make me Jason because they want to hear my crazy Jason vocals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No mic Jason, here.

Though occasionally I apologise when killing someone I know if I thought it was cheap or super early. Which I know sounds silly/funny, but I can't help it. I do also drink tea and watch cricket and say the word "blimey" unironically, I'm a walking cliche.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most times i play silent but i do like to make comments when im chasing people or crash through a door when counselors are in the cabin i entered

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Davidt said:

Most times i play silent but i do like to make comments when im chasing people or crash through a door when counselors are in the cabin i entered

If I'm another jason I'm Silent but if I'm Savini Jason this is what I do (start it at 45 min in) https://www.twitch.tv/videos/163471925?t=2102

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Davidt said:

Cool and i see randy was watching u 

Yeah I still need to get him in a match or 2 and you as well dave ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a match a while ago with a Jason that sounded like a complete lunatic.  He had a very high pitched yell Everytime he saw someone and screamed things like, "gatahdyfhdudhdhdhdu!!!" And "yuukfbdbduhdbdudhdhd!!!" In the highest most gremlin-chipmunk voice you could imagine.  It was actually kind of intimidating.

When we got back to the lobby, that same guy's natural voice was the most deep Barry White-James Earl Jones voice that we were not expecting.  The entire room busted up laughing.  The guys said he likes to change his voice when he's Jason..that was no joke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, PowellCampsNAKED said:

Yeah I still need to get him in a match or 2 and you as well dave ;)

Yeah i think i need to get back to playing some more been quite busy playing many other things lately

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As Jason I'm silent 99 percent of the time. The few times I'm not are when the lobby is full of annoying ass hats and I'll taunt them.

"You want to go through the window eh? LET ME HELP YOU!"

But most of the time I try to emulate the movies. That also means wasting time standing there in stalk and knocking on doors.

 

As a counselor I have a policy. If you have a mic, you're in party chat, and you're not communicating with non party members, I will have no problem abandoning your ass or getting you killed. Be a team player or GTFO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Earmack said:

Interesting why?

Xbox give u options to use how u wanna play.

Example of this feature: i dont need anymore EVERY MATCH mute EVERYBODY in lobby in ANY game so I dont hear they trashtalk/moan/cry/music/bad words etc. ANYMORE. If i play with friends and use mic/headset only they can hear me and I can hear them.

But if they also mute personally me or I mute them...its also no noise.

This feature its like automatic MUTE for everybody. I see u dont have this feature on sony or u just not look close two device what u have, so i tell u more, u can manage not only for friends, u can put settings mute all everybody and u friends.

 

This feature on xbox live service from the beginning almost, on xbox 360 i this from 2005 i think.

After partial clarification from @lHeartBreakerl , I wouldn't necessarily call it cheating. I will say that it's a bit shady, but I get it.

Example: You're in a lobby with four friends and four nons. A non is selected as Jason. You're communicating with your friends by radio while in proximity of Jason. Jason can't hear you because he's not your friend yet he's intended to be able to hear you. 

To me, this is the same as private messaging someone. A bit shady. 

However, if it's 100% confirmed that when you mute someone in game, they also can't hear you, then it's a non factor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...