Deeify

What kind of Jason are you? Mic vs No mic?

What kind if Jason are you? Mic vs no Mic?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Do you mute yourself as Jason or try to verbally intimidate?

• Silent but Deadly
    • I Will Talk You Into Your Grave!

1 minute ago, rickyount02 said:

I think that's a little shady yes?

I see your point. It's a little shady. It's almost like being in a constant party chat but in game (and it's still proximity). 

But it's kind of no different from just outright muting Jason. If you mute Jason, it works both ways. He can't hear you and you can't hear him. So it's more or less the same.

I guess as long as the intentions are good, i don't see a problem with it.

1 minute ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

I see your point. It's a little shady. It's almost like being in a constant party chat but in game (and it's still proximity). 

But it's kind of no different from just outright muting Jason. If you mute Jason, it works both ways. He can't hear you and you can't hear him. So it's more or less the same.

I did not know that if you mute Jason he also can not hear you. I'm sure it's the same if you mute the counselors as well? 

If that's the case, the game allows for it, I retract my comment.

I just didn't like the fact that you can pick and choose who you want to hear you. 

Just now, rickyount02 said:

I did not know that if you mute Jason he also can not hear you. I'm sure it's the same if you mute the counselors as well? 

Yep it works for either side. And that goes for every game as well. 

1 minute ago, rickyount02 said:

I just didn't like the fact that you can pick and choose who you want to hear you. 

I'd imagine in the wrong hands they could find someway to make it exploitable. 

True. But at the same time, I like having that choice. Allows you to limit interactions with unsavory individuals.

For me it depends on what sort of group I am with. lately in public matches I stay silent to keep the overall creepy vibe. With my friends in private matches though we have played enough matches to lose the creepy dread so all we do is goof off and come up with off the wall voices for the character so I typically do use the mic when I am Jason in those situations.

I also mute my mic when I'm Jason. I, like others here, feel that it's better with a silent Jason for that true F13 feel. That's not to say I always hate talking Jasons, but a lot of the time they are more annoying than anything else.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rickyount02 said:

Is that confirmed?  If you mute Jason, he can't hear you either?  If that's the case, I didn't know that either.

Does that do the same thing for muting other councilors?

If you use the in-game mute, that person can not hear you nor can you hear them.

On the subject of the original post, I don't talk as Jason except if I feel them doing something needs a 'nice shot' or something, as I'm usually a pretty good sport when I'm playing a game of any kind.

The only time I actually liked when Jason talked is when I was hurt, out of stamina, and 100% fear level.  He asked what kill I wanted.  I said, "Eh, the one where you slowly slide my head into the spear".

37 minutes ago, Yocum1976 said:

If you use the in-game mute, that person can not hear you nor can you hear them.

Are you positive about this? I muted someone due to the fact the were blasting music over the mic. In a later match I had the propeller and also found the gas. The happened to be the nearest counselor and I asked them to follow me and grab the gas. 

I'm generally silent. I will talk with friends sometimes.

1 hour ago, Yocum1976 said:

Muting a player in game just mutes their voice for you. They can still hear you unless they mute you too.

I like talking when I'm Jason. It's funny tricking people into thinking I'm a camper when they aren't paying attention. Had a match where a kid thought I was a camper and killed him. He was crying xD So I enjoying talking while playing as Jason. 

Im usually quiet except for the occasional maniacal laugh. And i sometime throw in a "Rest in Peace" while executing. But other then that, as silent as the grave.

10 hours ago, rickyount02 said:

This may be my most used phrase in the game, "do what you gotta do". 

Wouldn't this be considered cheating?

Interesting why?

Xbox give u options to use how u wanna play.

Example of this feature: i dont need anymore EVERY MATCH mute EVERYBODY in lobby in ANY game so I dont hear they trashtalk/moan/cry/music/bad words etc. ANYMORE. If i play with friends and use mic/headset only they can hear me and I can hear them.

But if they also mute personally me or I mute them...its also no noise.

This feature its like automatic MUTE for everybody. I see u dont have this feature on sony or u just not look close two device what u have, so i tell u more, u can manage not only for friends, u can put settings mute all everybody and u friends.

This feature on xbox live service from the beginning almost, on xbox 360 i this from 2005 i think.

11 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

You can use that to your advantage as a counselor.  Then you can talk freely about strategy and Jason wouldn't know a thing. If all the counselor's did it, they can freely gameplan out loud while next to Jason and he wouldn't know.

I'll talk as Jason.  I usually babble and say a bunch of gibberish.  Mainly creepy, grunting noises (almost sexual in nature).  Players tend to get a kick out of it.

Sometimes players would even recommend the host make me Jason because they want to hear my crazy Jason vocals.

No mic Jason, here.

Though occasionally I apologise when killing someone I know if I thought it was cheap or super early. Which I know sounds silly/funny, but I can't help it. I do also drink tea and watch cricket and say the word "blimey" unironically, I'm a walking cliche.

Most times i play silent but i do like to make comments when im chasing people or crash through a door when counselors are in the cabin i entered

36 minutes ago, Davidt said:

Most times i play silent but i do like to make comments when im chasing people or crash through a door when counselors are in the cabin i entered

If I'm another jason I'm Silent but if I'm Savini Jason this is what I do (start it at 45 min in) https://www.twitch.tv/videos/163471925?t=2102

18 minutes ago, Davidt said:

Cool and i see randy was watching u 

Yeah I still need to get him in a match or 2 and you as well dave ;)

Had a match a while ago with a Jason that sounded like a complete lunatic.  He had a very high pitched yell Everytime he saw someone and screamed things like, "gatahdyfhdudhdhdhdu!!!" And "yuukfbdbduhdbdudhdhd!!!" In the highest most gremlin-chipmunk voice you could imagine.  It was actually kind of intimidating.

When we got back to the lobby, that same guy's natural voice was the most deep Barry White-James Earl Jones voice that we were not expecting.  The entire room busted up laughing.  The guys said he likes to change his voice when he's Jason..that was no joke.

17 minutes ago, PowellCampsNAKED said:

Yeah I still need to get him in a match or 2 and you as well dave ;)

Yeah i think i need to get back to playing some more been quite busy playing many other things lately

As Jason I'm silent 99 percent of the time. The few times I'm not are when the lobby is full of annoying ass hats and I'll taunt them.

"You want to go through the window eh? LET ME HELP YOU!"

But most of the time I try to emulate the movies. That also means wasting time standing there in stalk and knocking on doors.

As a counselor I have a policy. If you have a mic, you're in party chat, and you're not communicating with non party members, I will have no problem abandoning your ass or getting you killed. Be a team player or GTFO.

10 hours ago, Earmack said:

Interesting why?

Xbox give u options to use how u wanna play.

Example of this feature: i dont need anymore EVERY MATCH mute EVERYBODY in lobby in ANY game so I dont hear they trashtalk/moan/cry/music/bad words etc. ANYMORE. If i play with friends and use mic/headset only they can hear me and I can hear them.

But if they also mute personally me or I mute them...its also no noise.

This feature its like automatic MUTE for everybody. I see u dont have this feature on sony or u just not look close two device what u have, so i tell u more, u can manage not only for friends, u can put settings mute all everybody and u friends.

This feature on xbox live service from the beginning almost, on xbox 360 i this from 2005 i think.

After partial clarification from @lHeartBreakerl , I wouldn't necessarily call it cheating. I will say that it's a bit shady, but I get it.

Example: You're in a lobby with four friends and four nons. A non is selected as Jason. You're communicating with your friends by radio while in proximity of Jason. Jason can't hear you because he's not your friend yet he's intended to be able to hear you. 

To me, this is the same as private messaging someone. A bit shady. 

However, if it's 100% confirmed that when you mute someone in game, they also can't hear you, then it's a non factor.