Sign in to follow this  
7theye

How you think single player missions will work

We all assume that single player will be bot mode and mission mode based on prior comments.

My thoughts are on how mission mode will work (not pipe dreams here). Acknowledging that they are a small studio and unlikely to put a ton of money into extra characters and stuff, I think it will basically be:

-regular games (ie Jason vs 7 campers)

-each mission will have an additional theme type lose condition 

For instance, one mission will be

to win --> kill all campers and prevent boat from being repaired. If boat is repaired it triggers a cut scene that kills your Jason

Here is how I think it will work in terms of the extra lose condition you must satisfy (in addition to no escapes):

1. Part 1 - nothing, will skip

2. Part 2 - cannot have someone steal sweater (fits with theme of movie)

3. Part 3 - mask will be hidden on map  - you must find it before 5 mins mark

4. Part 4 - new jason skin - will lose if your mask is knocked off

5. nothing will skip (maybe a Roy skin)

6. Part 6 - will lose if Tommy is called

7. Part 7 - will lose if car is started (Tina almost gets out by car)

8. Part 8 - will lose if boat is started (how they get off Lazarus)

9. Part 9 - will lose if police called (ie - what happens at start of movie)

What do you think?

Not sure... from what they said, SP will act sort of like Acts 1-2 that leads up to MP which is Act 3 if we're looking at in movie terms. I would be fairly excited if it were Hitman-esque. Sort of a situation where you could approach and accomplish goals and kills in numerous ways. I don't hold out much hope that it will end up that way though, as I'm sure there is a TON of extra testing and AI coding involved in something that complex. I liken it more to a sports sim "challenge" mode... I think that's how it will end up. Complete X amount of kills in 5 minutes... Use each kill only once in a limited time... stop the counselors from escaping via boat... 

• Like 1

Wait, so will there be a Counselor-focused single player mode?  It'd be really cool to play as a Ginny or Chris slowly discovering that all your friends are dead while trying to outsmart/kill Jason.

28 minutes ago, final_guy said:

Wait, so will there be a Counselor-focused single player mode?  It'd be really cool to play as a Ginny or Chris slowly discovering that all your friends are dead while trying to outsmart/kill Jason.

Jason only for single player. They stated that Jason AI would be way to expensive and complex to make.

I'm just hoping they have an option to let counselor bots fill in extra slots in online games.

That means a mission can consist of barricading a door & opening a window. Lol how fascinating.

18 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

20170527020333462.jpg

Is that back or is single player having Database login failure again? 

8 hours ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Is that back or is single player having Database login failure again? 

that's my prediction on how single player will work. Or, something similar.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Jason only for single player. They stated that Jason AI would be way to expensive and complex to make.

Ah missed that, thanks.  On one hand I don't like playing as Jason, so that sucks.  On the other hand, seems like a low pressure no judgments way to practice being Jason.

1 minute ago, final_guy said:

Ah missed that, thanks.  On one hand I don't like playing as Jason, so that sucks.  On the other hand, seems like a low pressure no judgments way to practice being Jason.

Exactly, I think that's the best that can come from it.

Being Jason is a lot more tense. There's a lot of pressure stepping into the mans shoes than I anticipated. But boy is it fun.

Y'know, when you're not blasting off like team rocket.