chaosguy67

Is new content ever gonna release for this game?

They are planning to add Fox from Part 3 as a character to the game.

1 minute ago, Ste_Wolf said:

They are planning to add Fox from Part 3 as a character to the game.

If they are able to contact close kin. Which from the last I checked, fans did that for them.

We'll have to wait and see if she'll be implemented. I'd personally love it.

3 hours ago, Splatterhouse said:

It does need new maps badly. It's the reason I stopped playing. Bored of the same three maps all of the time. Lazarus and Manhattan maps are sorely needed to shake things up a bit. 

So if you're bored with 3 maps after 2 months how long will 2 new maps hold your interest for? 

I'm not trolling. I'm just wondering will that satisfy you for 2 more months and then you'll be done again? Cool if you are but I guess I'm asking if you think this game can sustain you long term? I agree new maps would be great and I'd even settle for existing maps where cabin placement changes. I just don't see them adding maps every 4 months. 

I believe more maps, counselors, and single player are coming. Probably closer to Halloween on SP. 

• Like 2

@JPops makes a good point, the game has just about been out for 2 months.

When you combine the time to create single player and all the problems arising across 3 consoles it will take a bit longer than I think they expected.

But that's just my opinion :).

• Like 1

They said they will have something soon just a few days ago. Im expecting them by next week they will give us a release date on single player.  Most likely im guessing it will be released final week of August,or first week of September. Thats just my guess.

To quote @GunMedia_Ben:

You can be damn sure we're working on more content. I'm actually in a playtest right now for said content, but hey....

• Like 4

5 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

There is no killer AI in Single Player.

It'll be one of two things:

Either just like multiplayer with Counselor bots who are programmed to complete objectives and escape. It's simple. They'd be programmed almost like a ghost record (racing games) and you as Jason just need to stop them.

Or, they've mentioned something like Hitman-style missons being a possibility. So in that case, the Counselors are set up around the level, move in set patterns, react to your presence, and you as Jason are given objectives...like how kill someone, or how many environmental kills, total kills, etc...

The latter would definitely be much cooler. But a much bigger task.

Both are supposed to be coming with SP.

Changing up cabin placement and especially spawn locations of objects would go a long way in helping play these three maps over and over. I still think the fuse doesn't always need to spawn in or next to spawn house, gas, keys, battery next to car, etc. Even small changes like this would help a lot. 

More maps is what I'd like to see first and foremost. In the meantime, I'll still enjoy hooking up with a lot of cool people I enjoy playing with in private matches...

• Like 1

I don't know, I had one the other night where both the car keys and the prop spawned in the middle house on Flat Rock, and I'd already left gas at the boat. Created a tough choice- do I let people know what's there and tip off my location? Do I leave solo on the boat and not say? Do I try and take the keys over, THEN go do the boat?

I took option B, and left clean on the boat. Toggling up the scoreboard and seeing "Betrayed" three times made it an easier choice, though.

3 minutes ago, SDA said:

I took option B, and left clean on the boat. Toggling up the scoreboard and seeing "Betrayed" three times made it an easier choice, though.

Good choice there.

Start blocking avid team killers. So your not matched up with them in the future. Narrow down that list. 

1 hour ago, BradleyMaverick said:

So if you're bored with 3 maps after 2 months how long will 2 new maps hold your interest for? 

I'm not trolling. I'm just wondering will that satisfy you for 2 more months and then you'll be done again? Cool if you are but I guess I'm asking if you think this game can sustain you long term? I agree new maps would be great and I'd even settle for existing maps where cabin placement changes. I just don't see them adding maps every 4 months. 

I believe more maps, counselors, and single player are coming. Probably closer to Halloween on SP. 

I think more variation will keep the game fresher for me. 6/7 maps would hold my attention more. Manhattan, Lazarus, Town, Lakeview High, Part IV hospital, Forest Green etc. I think variety is an absolute necessity in games like this. 

• Like 1

A little correspondence about what is being worked on and what is in the pipeline wouldn't go a miss. 

The fandom needs an adrenaline shot or two. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

The fandom needs an adrenaline shot or two. 

It does. It's been dreary with set back after set back. At least a tease for whats to come would give everyone something to speculate and look forward to.

7 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

It does. It's been dreary with set back after set back. At least a tease for whats to come would give everyone something to speculate and look forward to.

Agree. Doesn't have to be the world...a work in progress of a new Jason? A screen shot of single player? A work in progress still of a map? 

Things are being worked on and playtested. Just a very small teaser would be appreciated, and would get the gears of the hype train rolling again. 

At this point anything would be appreciated. It's not like the old days of the very first alpha gameplay, we already know the game's a good game. We know what to expect. We all know each Jason looks excellent, that the maps (though low in quantity) are excellent.

Work in progress pics can in no way hurt the game, only boost it. 

• Like 1

On 7/31/2017 at 7:19 AM, 7theye said:

I would rather have host migration before new content

This should've been added at launch. What kind of multiplayer game in 2017 doesn't have host migration?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SnakeSound222 said:

This should've been added at launch. What kind of multiplayer game in 2017 doesn't have host migration?

I think for honor launched without migration and dedicated servers. Player base is next to nothing now.

It's now just receiving dedicated servers but I honestly don't wanna go back to it.

On 7/31/2017 at 7:45 AM, Colorboy said:

Tried playing on Saturday and it was complete garbage.  I always end up with team killers

Sounds like you need some friends. Ever consider joining a community?

I would be happy with just better communication from the studios. Players keep telling them to stop leaving us so in the dark, yet they keep on doing it.

I don't expect us to be given solid release dates (in fact I'd prefer it if they stopped giving those out), but I'd at least like to be thrown a bone once-and-a-while about what we can expect. But we get nothing but silence.

No new maps have been teased (apart from rumblings that they are coming). No new version of Jason have been teased. Single Player has not been teased on any level.

It's no wonder this game's player count is dwindling (apart from there being rampant bugs and issues across all platforms still), as players have nothing to look forward to other than the vague promises of a single player mode (which some players out there could care less about).

If they were to even just show a teaser of a new Jason's head or mask, even if its just the work-in-progress model, THAT would be enough to wet my appetite. Again, it doesn't have to be anything overly elaborate, but I'd rather them actually let us know and SHOW US that something is in the works, rather than keep us 100% in the dark until "stuff is ready."

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Marik said:

I would be happy with just better communication from the studios. Players keep telling them to stop leaving us so in the dark, yet they keep on doing it.

I don't expect us to be given solid release dates (in fact I'd prefer it if they stopped giving those out), but I'd at least like to be thrown a bone once-and-a-while about what we can expect. But we get nothing but silence.

No new maps have been teased (apart from rumblings that they are coming). No new version of Jason have been teased. Single Player has not been teased on any level.

It's no wonder this game's player count is dwindling (apart from there being rampant bugs and issues across all platforms still), as players have nothing to look forward to other than the vague promises of a single player mode (which some players out there could care less about).

If they were to even just show a teaser of a new Jason's head or mask, even if its just the work-in-progress model, THAT would be enough to wet my appetite. Again, it doesn't have to be anything overly elaborate, but I'd rather them actually let us know and SHOW US that something is in the works, rather than keep us 100% in the dark until "stuff is ready."

Good points.

I'd like to see the game recover but it's crashing pretty hard. Streamlining patches would go a long ways. It's pretty unacceptable so many issues remain.

16 hours ago, Marik said:

Agree. As I said above, just something to keep the candle burning. It doesn't matter if it's a bunch of wireframe from an early Jason X model etc. Just something...anything...

I just hope there is more new content planned to be released before Friday the 13th in October when physical release comes out. We desperately need some changes to current maps, spawn points, as well as new MP maps!

On 7/31/2017 at 0:59 PM, BradleyMaverick said:

I understand your reasoning but with 5 maps it would add a little more variety rather then being stuck on only 3 & they all closely resemble each other. Playing the same 3 maps wouldn't be as bad if there was 2 more maps to cycle in between. 

• Like 1

On 7/31/2017 at 0:59 PM, BradleyMaverick said:

... I agree new maps would be great and I'd even settle for existing maps where cabin placement changes. I just don't see them adding maps every 4 months. 

Yes, I would love to see a change to the item and cabin placements. This is especially important for the items.  My friends and I love this game, and I'm the first to admit to say we've played way to much, but we are at the point where we know where the key items are within the first few minutes of the game.  The key items only spawn in 2-3 places and you can deduce them by vehical in play and where they are located.  

Also they need to remove the key items from spawning in the same cabin.  We are still finding two sets of car keys in one cabin, or finding two gas cans or a gas can and battery in the same cabin.  The fuse should also never be in the same cabin as the fuse box. 

• Like 1