Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tattooey

Shift Static

13 posts in this topic

Anyone remember when Jason shifted a counselors screen would get all static? Anyone know if this was removed or currently broken?

Good Jason's pop stalk, THEN shift/morph, no static cue.

2 people like this

Strange I haven't seen the static in a long time. 

16 minutes ago, Tattooey said:

Strange I haven't seen the static in a long time. 

Well more and more people are learning how to use Stalk every day...

There are also certain aspects of the game you start to tune out after playing so much...Not saying that's the case here. But it's possible.

6 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

Well more and more people are learning how to use Stalk every day...

There are also certain aspects of the game you start to tune out after playing so much...Not saying that's the case here. But it's possible.

Does stalk prevent the VHS static effect?

18 minutes ago, Tattooey said:

Does stalk prevent the VHS static effect?

Yes. It does.

Stalk prevents the static effect at the start of stalk if Jason is far enough away that counselors would not hear his music if stalk was off. You still see the static effect when he comes out of it right next to you. I think the exception is if you end shift on the other side of a wall that a counselor couldn't see you through.

Yup. A lot of people think stalk is a waste of an ability slot for Jason, but I absolutely love it. I've done quite a few jump scares on players that makes them yelp in voice chat. One person yelled at me to stop doing it because I was going to cause him to have a heart attack. :)

46 minutes ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

Yup. A lot of people think stalk is a waste of an ability slot for Jason, but I absolutely love it. I've done quite a few jump scares on players that makes them yelp in voice chat. One person yelled at me to stop doing it because I was going to cause him to have a heart attack. :)

not cool man. not cool

8 hours ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

Yeah...I make people react a lot as Jason too. It's all in how you prep...like when you start a round, destroy the doors on cabins near the objectives, that way when they run inside as they hear you approach, you hit Stalk and Shift grab them...9/10 times they'll either scream or cuss you out. It's great.

1 person likes this

On 7/31/2017 at 7:58 AM, AldermachXI said:

Yeah...I make people react a lot as Jason too. It's all in how you prep...like when you start a round, destroy the doors on cabins near the objectives, that way when they run inside as they hear you approach, you hit Stalk and Shift grab them...9/10 times they'll either scream or cuss you out. It's great.

The best (but a little hard to do) is using a Jason with a great shift with stalk into a cabin as a counselor is closing the door.  Those make for some great reactions when they turn around!

1 person likes this

It's still around on Xbox and I only noticed it because last night I was escaping as the driver, Jason shifted to me and caused static. As a result I crashed and he killed me haha.