Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bulldawg2010

So potential glitch, but idk I could be bad

20 posts in this topic

So just played a game where one person escaped by boat.

The problem is is that I never heard the boat crank up like I normally do.

Does this happen to anyone else, I'm on Xbox btw.

13 minutes ago, Bulldawg2010 said:

Unless im near the boat i never hear it start. Xbox as well.

19 minutes ago, Bulldawg2010 said:

So just played a game where one person escaped by boat.

The problem is is that I never heard the boat crank up like I normally do.

Jason can't hear the boat start. What you "normally hear" is most likely someone screwing up the QTE for the propeller. 

18 minutes ago, Ker Juice said:

Jason can't hear the boat start. What you "normally hear" is most likely someone screwing up the QTE for the propeller. 

Hmm I could have sworn I can hear the boat start when I'm host.

its only when I'm not hosting a lobby that I can't hear it.

Boats dont make noise on startup. Only failing the repair makes a noise. 

1 person likes this

I am fairly certain that when i was first starting to play, there WAS a boat cue, much like when players started the car, and would be the same cue counselors hear when they actually start the boat. IT then started not happening and personally, i do not like it. It makes little sense to me why the cars would have a sound cue and the boat would not. The cops have a sound cue both when called, and then again when they show up. But not the boat.

It should have the sound cue for jason. As people have gotten better at playing this game, Jason needs at least that heads up because he is dealing with 4 different objectives at once, as one character. Counselors get to work potentially on all of those at same with up to 7 people, and with things being pretty random, it can be a real difficulty for jason when items spawn right by the boat, along with two or more characters that can get them. Meanwhile, Jason has to deal with the phone and the car as well.

I get that this CAN be overcome to some degree by strategy, but not entirely, and I am not going to thoroughly complain about it but what I will say is that for a game that is supposed to be asymmetric, where Jason is supposed to be near impossible to deal with, let alone kill....that the game at best/worst/whatever is largely evened, dare say maybe even slanted towards counselors somewhat, as they can outrun every jason (especially with certain perks.) can pressure multiple victories at same time, and have plenty of items to deal with Jason.

@Decayed_Beauty The only Jasons that can't catch a boat are Part 2 and Savini. Every other Jason with at least medium speed can catch the boat, and high water speed jasons never have anyone escape on a boat if Jason is aware of it. I think there was a cue at first but they got rid of it because the boat became a death trap.

14 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

@Decayed_Beauty The only Jasons that can't catch a boat are Part 2 and Savini. Every other Jason with at least medium speed can catch the boat, and high water speed jasons never have anyone escape on a boat if Jason is aware of it. I think there was a cue at first but they got rid of it because the boat became a death trap.

water speed doesnt matter if you are not even aware. the only way to be aware is literally check your map every few seconds or camp the boat. this works well if you are playing against newer players or people not coordinating and talking. The boat is no more a death trap than the cars with a sound cue. If anything, keeping the sound cue forces a bit more coordinating between counselors.

@Decayed_Beauty If the boat had a sound cue this is what would happen:

Boat starts. Jason morphs, kills at least one of the people at the boat, maybe both. Leaves.

Boat starts again by the next player. Boom Jason morphs again, kills the next people again.

Someone else tries for the boat. Mophs, boom dead again. GG match over.

3 people like this

Being on a map with a boat as Jason, with several councelors good at being quiet and fixing things, it's a tough one.

You've got to be very map-happy, maybe use up a couple traps to block off (most) of the end of the boat jetty. It's tough play but, especially if you're Part 2 or Savini, once that thing gets away you'll never catch it unless you get some fantastic Morph right in the boat's path.

Parts 7 and 8 are very quick, so you can have a better chance Morphing in and catching them if you see it moving.

1 person likes this

The boat sucks to defend.  Now players have figured out that even if jason is in the water all they have to do is swerve to the left and right quickly to avoid having the prompt to knock them out of the boat popping up.  Add it to the list of other issues. 

13 hours ago, Bulldawg2010 said:

Hmm I could have sworn I can hear the boat start when I'm host.

11 hours ago, Decayed_Beauty said:

I am fairly certain that when i was first starting to play, there WAS a boat cue...

I have been playing since day one, on XB1 which despite what the developers say- was IMO the BETA, and never heard the boat start as host or not.

12 hours ago, Decayed_Beauty said:

...why the cars would have a sound cue and the boat would not.

I totally get what you are saying; the way I look at it is if Jason notices the boat leaving, there is a high probability the counselors won't escape.  Part 2 & Savini have it tougher, but if they morph correctly, they can stop counselors from getting away.  As a counselor, I can appreciate the boat not having a start sound...it's intense trying to escape on the boat hoping Jason does not have a reason to look at his map for the next minute or so.

11 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Boat starts. Jason morphs, kills at least one of the people at the boat, maybe both. Leaves.

Boat starts again by the next player. Boom Jason morphs again, kills the next people again.

this happens with the cars. every time. stop the car, 4 people get out and usually get slaughtered one by one because they dont realize they should run away and come back to it down the line. It is no different.

11 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Well said.

I can recall a few times when I have heard the boat start just like the car. I'll test it later in a private match & make a video.

5 hours ago, DamonD7 said:

You've got to be very map-happy, maybe use up a couple traps to block off (most) of the end of the boat jetty. It's tough play but, especially if you're Part 2 or Savini, once that thing gets away you'll never catch it unless you get some fantastic Morph right in the boat's path.

I've seen it one match where part two Jason chased off two counselors trying to fix the boat, then completely blocked off the dock with five or so traps. Sucks you can't use shift in water, unless you shift into the water.

I morph ahead of the boat & just let it drive into me

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Tattooey said:

I can recall a few times when I have heard the boat start just like the car. I'll test it later in a private match & make a video.

I swear, I've heard the boat start across the map before too.

ive been asking my friends and they say the same thing, sometimes they hear the boat starting and other times they don't.

Starting to sound like a glitch, either we are or are not suppose to hear the boat starting.

3 hours ago, Decayed_Beauty said:

this happens with the cars. every time. stop the car, 4 people get out and usually get slaughtered one by one because they dont realize they should run away and come back to it down the line. It is no different.

It IS different because you have the potential to escape on land. In water it's instadeath because you can't defend yourself in water.

20 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

It IS different because you have the potential to escape on land. In water it's instadeath because you can't defend yourself in water.

Fair point but part of the risk, especially if you decide to go it alone. Doing the cops is less risky than the car. Doing the car should be less risky than the boat.

Making it so there is zero warning on the boat, especially when there are 2 other objectives that are being pressed, just seems cheap and adds another little bit to this game being balanced more to counselors. Keeping the warning for the boat then puts more pressure on players to actually coordinate and communicate to get people out effectively.