Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Quinn FTW

Body Blocking to Avoid Traps

86 posts in this topic

I witnessed this in a match I was playing earlier. A player stood by a trap, and a second player installed the phone fuse without standing in front of the box and triggering the trap.

After the match, I was curious, so I went to YouTube, and I saw a few videos where players were doing this. 

I'm not trying to get anyone banned or anything, but surely this is an exploit, right? 

Just now, Quinn FTW said:

I'm not trying to get anyone banned or anything, but surely this is an exploit, right? 

100% exploit.

Fuck em.

4 people like this

Exploit, shoot them with the gun.

2 minutes ago, Quinn FTW said:

I witnessed this in a match I was playing earlier. A player stood by a trap, and a second player installed the phone fuse without standing in front of the box and triggering the trap.

After the match, I was curious, so I went to YouTube, and I saw a few videos where players were doing this. 

It most certainly is.

Just now, shodan said:

Exploit, shoot them with the gun.

I was dead. In fact, I was the only person Jason killed that round. They managed to get the blue car out as well. Same trick.

Definitely an exploit and verboten in my public lobbies. 

Someone tried to get me to do this. I cringed,and kept searching cabins.

1 person likes this

Thank you all for responding.

I figured it wasn't kosher. Like Jason combat stancing his way through traps and firecrackers and what-not.

Sure would be nice if people just played the game and enjoyed playing. 

I guess I'll just add this to the list of things I hope the developers get around to fixing before everyone loses interest and moves on.

11 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

Someone tried to get me to do this. I cringed,and kept searching cabins.

Same here...and when I had reminded him that they were banning people for exploiting,  I was called a "try hard" and that it was only fair because Jason had traps.

Posted (edited)

This is 100% an mistake in the game but I'd be lying if I said I haven't done it before and haven't asked people to help me out. I've never sought out glitches or exploits for this game...I was shown this one and I thought it was great to know. That being said, they should just fucking fix it.

At the same time I think the whole trapping system needs to be re-worked completely. There are so few pocket knifes, and some Jason's double and triple trap objectives like the phone box. I know this game is not supposed to be in the couselors odds, but I think they need to be able to do more about Jason's traps. He knows the location of everything, can do a ton of trapping, etc and everyone else just has to be lucky enough to find a pocket knife or take the hit of the trap which most jasons will spawn to, right then and there. The devs need to remove it, I'm sure they are aware of it...I don't think it should be a bannable offense if they aren't fixing it.

Might get a lot of shit for this but so be it

Edited by Googoomuck
1 person likes this

28 minutes ago, Googoomuck said:

Might get a lot of shit for this but so be it

Exploiting ruins the game for other people who don't share your views on balance.

Other people are giving their time in a shared experience. You have no right to enforce your house rules on them by using exploits. The rules are the rules. Abide by them, stick to private matches, or play a different game.

This isn't even mentioning the fact that among good players, Jason is currently quite underpowered. Escaping is supposed to be the exception, not the norm. It's the problem with today's gamers who can't stand losing and don't have the attention span to get better.

I swear, some people won't be happy until every counselor has a shotgun with infinite ammo, EXCEPT when they're Jason. Then counselors shouldn't be able to stun you, or break free of grabs, or call the police.

You know - for 'balance'...

5 people like this

26 minutes ago, ZooMalfunction said:

Exploiting ruins the game for other people who don't share your views on balance.

Other people are giving their time in a shared experience. You have no right to enforce your house rules on them by using exploits. The rules are the rules. Abide by them, find another game, or stick to private matches.

This isn't even mentioning the fact that among good players, Jason is currently quite underpowered. Escaping is supposed to be the exception, not the norm. It's the problem with today's gamers who can't stand losing and don't have the attention span to get better.

I swear, some people won't be happy until every player has a shotgun with infinite ammo.

Believe me Zoo, I'm not encouraging people to use this or any other exploit. I'm behind you 100% when it comes to certain people on here encouraging exploits as "master playing styles" As far as this body blocking thing, I have really only done this a couple of times when I saw it and I don't want it to be part of the game at all. Like I said, it needs to be fixed and I'm perplexed it hasn't been. The only reason i said anything was because I'm upset with a number of things in the game, most specifically Stealth/Composure stats and some things about trapping and sense. I'm not in the camp that Jason needs to be nerfed, but personally, I would like to see some changes for the counselors. As you said, these are my views on how the game could be adjusted, and I agree with you that escaping should not be the "the norm". I've backed this game and have played since day one on Xbox and although I've been frustrated and dissapointed at times, I'm still playing it and looking forward to the future of the game. I'm a huge F13 fan. If I came off as being a sore loser, then I'm sorry..I'm not and don't want to sound that way.

Wow this is a thing

ive been wondering how people have been getting around my traps without setting them off by stepping in it or disarming it.

Guess I figured it out.

The online community man, just can't play the game the way it suppose to be played.

Randy Greenback confirmed it's not intentional. Some people have been proporting that it stay in the game as one of those "pro strategies" that take advantage of bugs, citing bugs from other games that became features later on. As if this is not blatantly an exploit. You're repairing thin air. You should not be able to do that.

2 people like this

Fair enough.

Complaints are fine. I'm just a big believer in not enforcing your own concepts of balance on strangers. That's what private matches are for.

If you don't like the core rules, and can only get public lobbies, then all you can do is campaign for patches, suck ot up, or stop playing.

Apologies for confusing you with the "game is broken unless I always win" crowd, but there's a lot about.

On 7/28/2017 at 2:40 PM, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Randy Greenback confirmed it's not intentional. Some people have been proporting that it stay in the game as one of those "pro strategies" that take advantage of bugs, citing bugs from other games that became features later on. As if this is not blatantly an exploit. You're repairing thin air. You should not be able to do that.

I love the mental gymnastics exploiting idiots go through to equate "simple to perform cheat I found by spending 5 minutes on YouTube" with "i'm an uber leet pro!!!!!11!!"

2 people like this

19 minutes ago, ZooMalfunction said:

Fair enough.

Complaints are fine. I'm just a big believer in not enforcing your own concepts of balance on strangers. That's what private matches are for.

If you don't like the core rules, and can only get public lobbies, then all you can do is campaign for patches, suck ot up, or stop playing.

Apologies for confusing you with the "game is broken unless I always win" crowd, but there's a lot about.

Haha I've only been able to ever do private matches since the beginning on Xbox. Maybe now I can finally do public matchmaking because of the new patch, for better or worse.

I share your beliefs. People using glitches has been an issue with me. This wasn't a good thread to post my feelings about how things might be re-worked around traps, it was dumb and came off as me justifying bodyblocking. Anyways, this exploit should be fixed, ASAP.

On the one hand, it should be fixed. On the other hand, it is not remotely the same thing as glitching onto a roof.

Jason faces off against a group of counselors and goes into combat stance/block...one of the counselors has a flare gun...Jason has just done about the same thing as body blocking. Ditto for breaking down the door and then entering in combat stance...if there's a bear trap, you're going to glitch over it. Ditto for firecrackers...most Jasons will deliberately block them, and even the ones who won't can be stuck with a choice between leaving combat stance and getting stunned or staying in it and enjoying the benefits of a bug.

It's an annoying exploit, but all it really accomplishes is to give a pair of counselors the ability to make it like Jason laid a badly placed trap. You'll still hear the mini-game failures, if they occur, or the car start. The silently successful phone repair is the worst case scenario, but that can be dealt with by overtrapping the phone to degree that body blocking won't work.

I did this for about a week and then was like, "yeah. This is bullshit".

Definitely an exploit.

i figure if jason's i run into are gonna keep blocking my firecrackers and flares then its perfectly fine to block traps eye for a eye one would say

1 person likes this

@Dr. Lecter@Valaquenta You are speaking of random Jasons in quick play that will do anything to win, even if it means exploiting. When I play with friends I try to play "correctly" as much as I can help it without accidentally combat stancing over traps or through flares. My success rate does go down when I do this, meaning that the "correct" way to play Jason does need some legitimate buffs and not exploit type buffs.

ya when i have friends on which is getting rarer and rarer now adays due to the bugs and glitches. but ya when i play with friends in a full lobby we dont.

Nah fam it's an "advanced technique."

Sorry I just died a little saying that joke.

2 people like this

I could be mistaken but I believe it's still considered cheating even in a private match. A large majority of the player base for this game play in private matches due to the memory leak being more severe in public games.

21 minutes ago, Tattooey said:

I could be mistaken but I believe it's still considered cheating even in a private match. A large majority of the player base for this game play in private matches due to the memory leak being more severe in public games.

It depends on if the lobby allows it, until it gets patched.

8 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

It depends on if the lobby allows it, until it gets patched.

Surprisingly enough I've encountered group post that advertise glitching allowed & sometimes even glitching to gain XP.

I usually place in the description of my group ad that cheating of any type will be recorded & reported to deter people who cheat from joining. I hardly encounter people looking to glitch or cheat in any manner but when I do I always ask them to stop glitching or I'll be forced to report them. Only once did a player actually heed my warning. Most of them either ignore me completely or get on the mic to trash talk.

None the less I always encourage everyone to always report this sort of behavior. Specially if the player is being sexually explicit or racist while on the mic. Unfortunately Microsoft does not accept any recorded video as evidence.