Sign in to follow this  
Shadesofjoe

Make Jason Loadouts Modular

There's a lot of talk about Savini Jason having the best loadout and other Jasons (i.e. Part 7) being woefully inferior; both of which are mostly accurate statements. To that end, I think I have an idea that can satisfy the backers as well as those who want to play with their favorite versions of Jason.

Make the loadouts modular.

So you want to play Jason that has a spear? Great. That Jason comes with extra throwing knives, +Sense, and +Shift, and has the Can't Run, -Defense, and -Morph weaknesses--just like Part 6 does now. The difference? You can choose whatever skin you want to put on him. So you can look like Part 3 (or whichever) Jason while having the spear loadout. This would solve the problem of people complaining that they can't change weapons while still requiring certain strengths/weaknesses to balance out for longer range and/or stronger weapons. 

That brings us to Savini.

He would be a skin that only the backers (and those fortunate ones who manage to snag it from the PS4/XB1 stores) would have access to. However, pitchfork Jason would be a loadout that everyone can choose with the skins they currently have unlocked other than Savini. This way you're giving people the option to chose the weapon/perk loadout they want while giving them the freedom to pick the look they like as well.

• Like 1

I like the idea, but it defeats the purpose of special content.

Backers got an OP Jason that looks good. If you give away the OP, the backers just have a unique skin. Not only would backers get angry,

making the strengths and weaknesses of Savini Jason available to everyone would just result in everyone playing that load out, because it is the best.

• Like 1

The only issue I have with this idea is that counselors would have no idea which strengths and which weaknesses Jason has in any given match.

1 hour ago, DialM said:

The only issue I have with this idea is that counselors would have no idea which strengths and which weaknesses Jason has in any given match.

Sounds more like a feature than a bug.

I want my Jason part 2 to have the wooden spear, machete and pitchfork with the shovel handle grip. Likewise, part 3 needs machete, smooth handled pitchfork and knife.

On 7/27/2017 at 6:29 PM, Pikalicious said:

I like the idea, but it defeats the purpose of special content.

Backers got an OP Jason that looks good. If you give away the OP, the backers just have a unique skin. Not only would backers get angry,

making the strengths and weaknesses of Savini Jason available to everyone would just result in everyone playing that load out, because it is the best.

Savini jason is NOT OP.

Does he have the best group of strengths vs weaknesses? That is opinionated but i think so, but that doesnt make him OP in the slightest.

If he was OP it wld be harder-impossible to escape him. And it very much so is not.

Slightly more on topic, i dislike this idea unless it displayed the stats of the jason you were using. Its more fair to the counselors to know the jasons strengths vs weaknesses in the match so they can adjust accordingly.

If anything, maybe allow customization to one slot. If not, it would turn into a min/max build that everyone will run with.  I wouldn't mind playing part 7 with more traps or throwing knives.  The ability to switch weapons and associated kills would not be game-breaking.

I think almost every Jason simply needs some swapped stats to rebalance them going forward, and the ability to change weapons. I don't think we need to have the ability to change strengths and weaknesses.

• Like 2

On 28/07/2017 at 5:55 AM, DialM said:

Good!

Why should we know what heis strenghs and weakness are? Comunication would be even more vital then, as councelors about to be killed can comunicate any info they learned about his strenghs and weaknesses  ('Guys, he can run', 'he can knock down doors fast', 'Fuck, he's fast in water!'

I also think the order of Jasons abilities should be customisable, this would make councelors play more cautious because when they hear the Ki Ki Ki Ma Ma Ma they wont instantly be aware of what abilities he has!
My order would be Morph, Stalk (maybe switch them around), Shift, Sense.

Anything to make it harder as a councelor!