Pappus

F13: Advanced Playstyle + Tips and Tricks. All the current knowledge there is.

Foreword:

This topic is designed for the people among you that want to improve. Improvement does cost time and there is no shortcut. Aquire knowledge and then apply it and you will see results. You can turn from a scared AJ to a raging battle Vanessa that pushes Jason over while clearing half the objectives by herself and get a ton of teamates out.

I havent checked all the guides on the internet so if you think there is something that fits in here feel free to post it and I will hammer it down. All the advanced stuff I have seen so far is either done by Rydog or me, but we welcome anyone throwing stuff onto the pile of knowledge.

Map Knowledge:

Rydogs work Maps and their subtypes. That means with a brief glance at the map you know where the phonebox is and can rush down the sector to get the fuse. Excellent for group play.

You are looking to learn and navigate the maps without an actual map from wherever you are you need to be able to find e.g. Blair's cove or the various lodges. Your minimap is sufficient for that. Just work with what north is on it and take it from there. Some like the minimap not rotating, some like it rotating. Use whatever works best for you.

Additionally you want to learn the car and boat spawns so you instantly have a clue as to where the closest Objective is so you can bring your respective part there. Bring it to the closest.

Shift Defense (Marked for recreation):

How to defend best against shiftgrab attempts and push the successchance of it against you to below 10%? Guide will be remade to be more in line with the rest in a couple of days. Should you be eager to learn it ASAP:

Combat

The guide is both a video 1:20 and for those that prefer text a whole lot of bulletin points covering the whole guide provided by geek. It contains 6 techniques and all the explanations surrounding combat stance, dodge etc.

For the steamguide variant with bulletin points: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1085830539

Contesting Objectives:

This will provide you the means of repairing under pressure, when Jason is there. It includes where the parts are and stuff surrounding objectives.

[Omitted by Kodiak - Features use of exploits]

Killing Jason - AKA The easiest WIN condition:

Although not intended it turns out that killing Jason is actually the easiest way to get everyone out as long as you sit down and learn at least a bit of combat. Here is how:

Morphtraps (WIP):

This section will contain all the spots to trap so the moment Jason morphs to an objective or alike he will land in a trap instantly.

Jason Combat Techniques (WIP):

How to defend against battletested counselors

Open doors vs Closed doors (WIP):

Ties in closely with speedlooting, but more about the defensive aspect of it.

Speedlooting (WIP):

Slow & Stead or fast & furious?

Counselor Stats:

What does STEALTH really do and all other stats? Look no further it is all laid down here:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=938559619

Who is deadliest? Jason Tierlist:

Contains information about shift CDs, distance covered and so on. Spoiler: Part 2 (AKA MINUS) is not Top Tier.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=960265710

And the data this is based on: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=959294962

Feel free to post any questions you have and they will be answered. No question is too dumb. Should you not have a forum account but still have questions post the questions in the steamguides or the youtube videos etc.

• Like 3

It's over analysis like this that makes me stop playing multiplayer games.

Rips the casual, spontaneous fun right out of it.

• Like 8

It is insane to me how every time someone posts some strategies or techniques or what have you, that they get a negative response.

No matter how hard you shove your fingers into your ears or cover your eyes, the knowledge and strategies for how to play better are going to get out there. You and your group don't have to utilize them, but acting like people putting this information out there are somehow doing something wrong or hurting the game is beyond silly.

mC1k1jb_OqLKrf1Sq13fX5Vjj8JycUhcKD0Q0htW

"Ugh, it just DISGUSTS me that someone would write a book like this!" - This forum, 40 years ago.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, RKSDooM said:

It is insane to me how every time someone posts some strategies or techniques or what have you, that they get a negative response.

No matter how hard you shove your fingers into your ears or cover your eyes, the knowledge and strategies for how to play better are going to get out there. You and your group don't have to utilize them, but acting like people putting this information out there are somehow doing something wrong or hurting the game is beyond silly.

"Ugh, it just DISGUSTS me that someone would write a book like this!" - This forum, 40 years ago.

I think it's a combination of someone proclaiming to be an expert, schilling their youtube channel, and the fact that this game isn't all that complex.  What you need to know to succeed and enjoy it is even less.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Guy said:

I don't know. Analysis is how some people enjoy the game. I don't see anything wrong with it.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

I don't know. Analysis is how some people enjoy the game. I don't see anything wrong with it.

That's because there IS nothing wrong with it. It happens with every game ever released since the dawn of freaking time.

People just get persnickity when THEIR particular way of playing a game isn't adhered to and promoted.

(See also all the various ways that people bitch and whine about how Jason is "supposed" to kill people.) 

It's seriously ridiculous. "I don't agree with or utilize this strategy, so I'm going to accuse you of overthinking it and overcomplicating things!"

Just get over yourself, people. Different players play things differently. Shocking, I know.

People get annoyed because a lot of it isn't analysis - it's opinion, arrogantly and deceptively portrayed as fact, designed purely to try to promote their insignificant social media presences, that nobody honestly gives a shit about.

It's stuff that they endlessly regurgitate to the point of it being spam (often derailing topics with it) and a lot of people are just sick of Pappus and Rydog trying to turn the forum into their own personal circlejerk/promotional tool.

Let's also not forget Pappus declaring in another topic that misleading clickbait was ethical, because most viewers were essentially just morons, so it was justified to harvest them for ad revenue.

That's his agenda here, nothing more. Don't give his channels any traffic.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Guy said:

I do agree but in the end everything turns into a pissing contest.

If making up charts on whiteboards is how they enjoy the game then power to them. As long as we don't end up with a ranking system or leaderboards the game should remain fun. As soon as it becomes an official competition all the fun will sucked out of it for the casual gamer. Here's hoping they don't make it competitive.

• Like 2

@Pappus  @Rydog  I suggest you guys don't post here much anymore and instead share all your tech, discoveries, and advanced strategies on other sites or outlets that actually have communities that welcome deeper game knowledge and serious competitive play.

I won't be posting here anymore. Because unless you're posting useless memes, crappy one-liners from the films, or poking fun at people who have too much passion for F13 and play it too "seriously", there's no place here for serious and analytical gameplay strats and breakdowns.

This place is way too casual orientated and anti-gamer rooted.

F13 will most likely die soon anyway, it's already dying on Twitch because the game has no depth or competitiveness to it and it will soon become one of the lowest rank viewing games on Twitch

2 hours ago, RKSDooM said:

It has nothing to do with that and everything to do with advocating exploits as advanced techniques, such as the bear trap nonsense, and Obvious self promotion.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Mr. Blonde said:

@Pappus  @Rydog  I suggest you guys don't post here much anymore and instead share all your tech, discoveries, and advanced strategies on other sites or outlets that actually have communities that welcome deeper game knowledge and serious competitive play.

I won't be posting here anymore. Because unless you're posting useless memes, crappy one-liners from the films, or poking fun at people who have too much passion for F13 and play it too "seriously", there's no place here for serious and analytical gameplay strats and breakdowns.

F13 will most likely die soon anyway, it's already dying on Twitch because the game has no depth or competitiveness to it and it will soon become one of the lowest rank viewing games on Twitch

Bye Felicia!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mr. Blonde said:

Why do you even compare yourself to @Rydog and tell him what to do? He has actually done anaylsis and came up with a comprehensive guide.  All you have done is tell us how you rage quit with jason 7, and try to say you are "superior " to people who play for fun because you are more "serious."

Please stop posting on here. All you do is try to boast your ego and start pointless arguments. 

• Like 1

This is becoming way too heated way too fast, and the last thing I want is for a helpful knowledge thread to get locked by Kodiak because it devolved into bickering and one-upmanship.

@Pappus and I are not here for some sort of ego boost, or to tell everyone what the one and only true way is. All of this stuff was done out of a genuine passion for the game and a desire to discover useful knowledge and spread it to the community. Even if you disagree with the way Pappus or I approach certain parts of the game, I would at least hope that you can see the big-picture value in that.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Rydog said:

This is becoming way too heated way too fast, and the last thing I want is for a helpful knowledge thread to get locked by Kodiak because it devolved into bickering and one-upmanship.

@Pappus and I are not here for some sort of ego boost, or to tell everyone what the one and only true way is. All of this stuff was done out of a genuine passion for the game and a desire to discover useful knowledge and spread it to the community. Even if you disagree with the way Pappus or I approach certain parts of the game, I would at least hope that you can see the big-picture value in that.

Having recently engaged you in what I hope was received as a spirited debate, I will throw my hat in by saying that I believe your time and work has merit, and from what I've seen, you know your stuff.

6 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

Having recently engaged you in what I hope was received as a spirited debate, I will throw my hat in by saying that I believe your time and work has merit, and from what I've seen, you know your stuff.

He's got good stuff no doubt.

There's just certain things I cannot agree with him or Pappus on, and the moderators here have made it clear what is appropriate to advocate on the forums.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

Yes, it was! And I am happy to have good debates. I always try to approach things this way, and not as mean-spirited arguments. There just isn't time in life to have super-angry flame wars on message boards, but a good debate/discussion is always OK.

12 minutes ago, weirdkid5 said:

He's got good stuff no doubt.

There's just certain things I cannot agree with him or Pappus on, and the moderators here have made it clear what is appropriate to advocate on the forums.

Let me frame this another way (at the admitted risk of starting an analogy arms race, which is really not my intention): You like the Friday the 13th movies, right? I know I do. But I hate Jason Goes to Hell. I mean, that movie is please-give-me-that-90-minutes-of-my-life-back bad. It's unbearable. I don't like that it exists, because it suggests things about Jason that don't and will never make sense to me, within the context of what else Friday the 13th has shown me. But just because I can't stand that movie, doesn't mean I'm going to ignore or disregard the other good and fun things that this series has given me. Just because this one specific thing irks me, it absolutely does not invalidate the rest of the value that the series has provided.

(I know I'm stretching here, because the quality of those movies is a bit questionable here and there. But you get my point, I hope.)

(P.S. Don't even get me started on how I would apply this analogy to some of the later Halloween movies...)

• Like 1

Against my better judgement I allowed myself to view the OP as I have Papsmear blocked.  Got as far as the insult against AJ and was done.   Very off-putting.  

4 hours ago, ZooMalfunction said:

People get annoyed because a lot of it isn't analysis - it's opinion, arrogantly and deceptively portrayed as fact, designed purely to try to promote their insignificant social media presences, that nobody honestly gives a shit about.

It's stuff that they endlessly regurgitate to the point of it being spam (often derailing topics with it) and a lot of people are just sick of Pappus and Rydog trying to turn the forum into their own personal circlejerk/promotional tool.

Let's also not forget Pappus declaring in another topic that misleading clickbait was ethical, because most viewers were essentially just morons, so it was justified to harvest them for ad revenue.

That's his agenda here, nothing more. Don't give his channels any traffic.

Post your captainAJ knowledge and if it has merit it will be added. There is not a day that passes without people being thankful for the combat knowledge I give to them, because it increases their chance of survival, their satisfaction, their options and ultimately their fun. You might think your captainAJ stuff is endgame material, but stealth is simply not eeded.

It was designed as a useful stat, but execute so poorly that it can be removed from the game without much changing in the grand scheme of things.

Jasons happens to morph to your region for whatever region and presses sense you are now exposed and have the worst stats for the now following situation. No big amounts of medkits, no thick skin or alike since it is built for stealth after all - all negated at the whim of Jason who just happened to check up on his car.

What you and your stealth companions think of me is of no concern to me nor the knowledge presented here. I have a hard time noticing them since their stealth is so high ;)

1 hour ago, Rydog said:

Yes, it was! And I am happy to have good debates. I always try to approach things this way, and not as mean-spirited arguments. There just isn't time in life to have super-angry flame wars on message boards, but a good debate/discussion is always OK.

Let me frame this another way (at the admitted risk of starting an analogy arms race, which is really not my intention): You like the Friday the 13th movies, right? I know I do. But I hate Jason Goes to Hell. I mean, that movie is please-give-me-that-90-minutes-of-my-life-back bad. It's unbearable. I don't like that it exists, because it suggests things about Jason that don't and will never make sense to me, within the context of what else Friday the 13th has shown me. But just because I can't stand that movie, doesn't mean I'm going to ignore or disregard the other good and fun things that this series has given me. Just because this one specific thing irks me, it absolutely does not invalidate the rest of the value that the series has provided.

(I know I'm stretching here, because the quality of those movies is a bit questionable here and there. But you get my point, I hope.)

(P.S. Don't even get me started on how I would apply this analogy to some of the later Halloween movies...)

The problem with your analogy is that someone else disliking a movie doesn't affect anyone else's ability to enjoy the movie. Even if You were to just talk smack hardcore about it anytime someone brought it up, they can just go watch it without giving a shit what you say.

However, in a video game your fun is directly tied to how others play in a lot of instances. I do not agree with people using these kinds of tactics, I do not find them enjoyable to use nor do I enjoy it when people use them on me. I feel cheated, because I know if the game was being played properly, or within intention of the design, things would play at much better in my opinion. When someone else has to resort to breaking the game to win, it gives them an advantage that was not within the design or intent. You manipulate the rules that are intended to be in play because of X reason or Y reason, they are all justifications to exploit bugs and unintended effects to win.

Do it if You want, but I'm going to continue to believe these players are cheap. That will not change. This makes my enjoyment of the game decrease and thus makes me not want to play. I wish to play a game where everyone is at least trying to play within reason so that they do not need to break anything. Yes, there will always be that guy that wants to glitch and be an ass, you cant change that. When you need to make it standard play? I'll just go play something else. It's all the same to me. I've been playing games online for 12 years of my 20 years of gaming, and not once have I ever gotten enjoyment from glitching for anything more than shits n giggles. I don't use them for my advantage. That's cheap. These were understandings I even had with my friends as children playing games. It's not how I play, and I cannot see eye to eye with players that play like some do. I can just play something else or wait for my buddies to get on, but I like the experience of meeting new people.

And I simply have no issues playing less buggy games, or being in communities that think and wish to play in a like minded manner. As I've said many times, when glitches become the forefront, that is when I depart. Or at least keep an eye from a distance to see if anything is ever fixed. At which point I return.

I don't like playing with glitchers. It's as simple as that.

• Like 3

Enjoy the exploits while they last. They'll get patched and then your bullshit will be over. You were never meant to repair into midair, and you were never meant to abduct people at 50mph to prevent the team from helping them. They will be gone and you'll eventually leave the game too.

I'm locking this thread as like both @JPops and I both said in my 'How to play guide', there is no need to create a separate thread for this. Credible knowledge that is not questionable with regards to exploits can be added to it and credited. I am also reviewing the content of this thread and removing any potential methods of exploitation. 

As I have said before, we do not advocate use of exploits here and I will not allow guides on how to do them to be published, especially under the guise of 'this is advanced knowledge and therefore is acceptable'.

• Like 10